Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
do quaaludes even exist anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I never actually took any classes. I've done every single second of study in Japan. However, people who have taken classes have a good base. Even if they can't speak initially, the immersion awakens all the poo poo buried in their brain and htey become fluent very quickly. If you spent time in france, you'd probably very quickly become awesome.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Can people please leave their weird beefs in the dead videogame thread. Not talking to anyone in particular, but this is the thread where we talk about how cool our lives are.

if you don't want to get burned don't leave yr weird beef on the stove. flip that poo poo at least once and use a meat thermometer for gods sake

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

indigi posted:

do you keep up iwth any American sports? are there team/city/sport bars over there

I'm not american, so no. However I'm from New Zealand and there is a very popular chain of British pubs here that puts rugby on so needs suited.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

indigi posted:

i think they might still make them in canada, but not in the us

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Al! posted:

if you don't want to get burned don't leave yr weird beef on the stove. flip that poo poo at least once and use a meat thermometer for gods sake

lmfao at this idiot that needs a meat thermometer to cook a steak

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

indigi posted:

not in the us at all

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/05/my-secret-shame/476415/

quote:

The Fed asked respondents how they would pay for a $400 emergency. The answer: 47 percent of respondents said that either they would cover the expense by borrowing or selling something, or they would not be able to come up with the $400 at all.

:circlefap:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

theflyingexecutive posted:

not in the us at all

worst thing about having no ludes is hearing old timers bitch about having no ludes

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Quaaludes are for cool dudes

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

:eyepoop:

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

prefect posted:

news update: silly people think they can conjure a third political party into existence: https://brandnewcongress.org/

if you ask people what do you think of generic congress, its like 90% negative, but if you ask them what you think of their congressperson, its like 60+% positive

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I really hate how Americans all identify themselves as middle class. if you can't raise 400 bucks you need to be on our side of the fight

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
holy jesus gently caress -- somebody just farted and i can't breathe

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

prefect posted:

holy jesus gently caress -- somebody just farted and i can't breathe

it's me

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

idgi. $400 is so tiny it makes no since to min max it even w/ a low interest rate. just pull out ur wallet and pay it you dorks.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Shaggar posted:

idgi. $400 is so tiny it makes no since to min max it even w/ a low interest rate. just pull out ur wallet and pay it you dorks.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

indigi posted:

prefect posted:

i think they might still make them in canada, but not in the us

other barbs are still around but it's super restricted from all of the polydrug death it caused back in the day. abuse is p rampant in south africa cause it's cheap and prevalent. they are rare as hell in NA. in any case, they're enjoyable but overrated as gently caress. might have luck scouring antique shops, i nabbed barbs and some olde time meth (norodin) from one a while ago

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
It's no secret that Germany has a wild boar problem. Stories of marauding pigs hit the headlines with startling regularity: Ten days ago, a wild boar attacked a wheelchair-bound man in a park in Berlin; in early July, a pack of almost two dozen of the animals repeatedly marched into the eastern German town of Eisenach, frightening residents and keeping police busy; and on Friday morning, a German highway was closed for hours after 10 wild boar broke through a fence and waltzed onto the road.

Even worse, though, almost a quarter century after the Chernobyl nuclear meltdown in Ukraine, a good chunk of Germany's wild boar population remains slightly radioactive -- and the phenomenon has been costing the German government an increasing amount of money in recent years.

:black101:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

OldAlias posted:

other barbs are still around but it's super restricted from all of the polydrug death it caused back in the day. abuse is p rampant in south africa cause it's cheap and prevalent. they are rare as hell in NA. in any case, they're enjoyable but overrated as gently caress. might have luck scouring antique shops, i nabbed barbs and some olde time meth (norodin) from one a while ago

lmfao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

does old timey meth make you want to steal penny farthings?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

prefect posted:

It's no secret that Germany has a wild boar problem. Stories of marauding pigs hit the headlines with startling regularity: Ten days ago, a wild boar attacked a wheelchair-bound man in a park in Berlin; in early July, a pack of almost two dozen of the animals repeatedly marched into the eastern German town of Eisenach, frightening residents and keeping police busy; and on Friday morning, a German highway was closed for hours after 10 wild boar broke through a fence and waltzed onto the road.

Even worse, though, almost a quarter century after the Chernobyl nuclear meltdown in Ukraine, a good chunk of Germany's wild boar population remains slightly radioactive -- and the phenomenon has been costing the German government an increasing amount of money in recent years.

:black101:

idgi, does Germany not have hunters?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hey hey gov give me 10 shillings for this top hat. real beaver man just ten shillings man come on gently caress YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Shaggar posted:

idgi, does Germany not have hunters?

we should send them some of our own. I would love to see some tubby Michigander in 20 lbs of tactical gear get treed by a pig

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
idk they'd probably just shoot the pig

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Shaggar posted:

idk they'd probably just shoot the pig

if they're sober enough to not accidentally shoot eachother maybe

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://twitter.com/_badhue/status/598602869487509504

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
new Queen B album is fire :3:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Squeezy Farm posted:

Obvious trollbait is obvious. Is Squeezywife even real?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/724612082675638272

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Al! posted:

does old timey meth make you want to steal penny farthings?

a simpler time... along this line old drug posters are the best

for real though a crackhead stole my penny farthings :(

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Squeezy Farm posted:

a lot of people like it, which means it's cool to hate it in some circles

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/OutFrontCNN/status/724933560390541314

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
she's pro big business, business as usual, and the entire GOP is a flaming tire fire so it's really not a shock

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

indigi posted:

hmm sounds like a one-way ticket to Bonertown City Limits

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

use a meat thermometer for gods sake

:goatsecx:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

it's amazing how many bernie supporters are being trolled by this

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

computer parts posted:

they can't help it b/c this is their first election season as adults

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

they can't help it b/c this is their first election season as adults
you never forget your first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bhodi posted:

she's pro big business, business as usual, and the entire GOP is a flaming tire fire so it's really not a shock

computer parts posted:

my takeaway from the tweet is that gop fire is much bigger than i thought of it

• Locked thread