Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
The most pathetic group of people on the internet and that's saying something lol

oh ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
finally a cause that will bring the world together; giving the richest man in the world $55 billion for no reason. United we are strong, brothers and sisters

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Save Tesla by burning all its money! At least the GameStop meme monkeys were trying to get rich themselves, these idiots are humiliating themselves for loving Elon musk

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
is the dark agenda fiduciary responsibility of some sort?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I've worked very hard for this!!!

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Was the deal for him to deliver barrels of poo poo?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I hope to god they vote against the pay package

it'll be so funny

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
A normal board of directors would have this idiot on probation or something because of the cybertruck disaster alone

The crazy world board wants to give him $50 billion kol

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

shyduck posted:

Kia and Hyundai are also still dealing with the fallout of making cars that are trivially easy to steal, Kia especially

they forgot they were selling cars in america, not korea for a sec

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
when is this vote? I assume soon since the Musk Squad has been activated to all beg for Elon's money

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol just the loving optics of begging other people to vote 50 billion dollars to this loving loser.

loving A!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

holtemon posted:

The most pathetic group of people on the internet and that's saying something lol

oh ffs

I want another public Elon meltdown this one was loving hilarious

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

priznat posted:

I want another public Elon meltdown this one was loving hilarious

tell it to earth

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

holtemon posted:

A normal board of directors would have this idiot on probation or something because of the cybertruck disaster alone

The crazy world board wants to give him $50 billion kol

A "normal" (grain of salt because many if not most boards are not effectively independent, but large public companies try to maintain appearances) boards of directors do not include the CEO's brother

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
1. Give guy worth 200 billion another 50 billion.
2. ???
3. No Profit!

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
when do we get the vote results for this?

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

June 13th I think.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

ryde posted:

when do we get the vote results for this?

June 13th.

Its going to pass as this is a ponzi scheme and they will need to keep up the illusion that its a money making thing.
Hell, Telsa are taking out ads to persuade the hold outs to give Elon his vanity money.
gently caress the Head of the Tesla board did a video wanting to throw 10x what it pays all its employees to Elon.

And they are voting to move to Texas from Delaware at the same day.

So 14th June Elon is either going to be smug posting that Freedom won, or raging posting that the stockholders are commies.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

They’re gonna go all-in against vanguard. Wait for the sogedesigner memes about how they’ve lost eighty trillion dollars since going woke

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vanguards gone WOKE!!!

Time for some Vanguard memes!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Mozi posted:

I had heard of this but in reading the wiki realized I was unaware that they had actually continued and finished the race.

It was the 50s, if they stopped a race every time someone died....

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

redshirt posted:

Vanguards gone WOKE!!!

They are DYING! Organic traffic down!

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

redshirt posted:

Vanguards gone WOKE!!!

Woke for for my Concerning :saddowns:

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

ilmucche posted:

It was the 50s, if they stopped a race every time someone died....

This is darkly hilarious and accurate.

:discourse:.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

yook posted:

The smart car supposedly sucked to actually own since it wasn’t good for anything except commuting. You couldn’t take a full family anywhere in it and it was so small it even had trouble hauling groceries.

We had two of those and it was completely fine. Idk what's that bullshit about groceries, unless you're filling the back with twelve packs of coke and have trouble finding room for your daily stack of frozen pizzas. Not a highway vehicle though.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

You can't move furniture or pallets of topsoil with of a sedan either, but conveniently enough there are businesses designed entirely around short-term rentals of vehicles designed for these edge cases so you don't need to buy a car with features you won't need the large majority of the time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

priznat posted:

Do you drag race them too for fun

Idk why the thought just amuses me of seeing a pair of smart cars at a strip accelerating slowly when the lights turn

EVs tend to accelerate pretty hard if you swap the batteries out for higher mah batteries. Idk if they're up to safety standards tho.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
These are new shares for musk? Why would anyone vote yes and dilute their own shares value lol

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Another Cybertruck sighting just now in NoVA (Centreville). But it's drizzling today so I hope it's OK. :ohdear:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Presto posted:

Another Cybertruck sighting just now in NoVA (Centreville). But it's drizzling today so I hope it's OK. :ohdear:

another bump in stock price for the shareholders

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Machai posted:

One of the challenges are that stars are constantly on fire so there is nowhere to land.

Just make the spaceships, spacesuits, and all the building materials of the settlements out of asbestos.

This is a solved problem!!!

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Tai posted:

These are new shares for musk? Why would anyone vote yes and dilute their own shares value lol

It's a cult.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Tai posted:

if you don't pay him 50 billion on top of however many billions he's already taken out of the company, what incentive does he have to grace us with his genius?

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

happyhippy posted:

June 13th.

Its going to pass as this is a ponzi scheme and they will need to keep up the illusion that its a money making thing.
Hell, Telsa are taking out ads to persuade the hold outs to give Elon his vanity money.
gently caress the Head of the Tesla board did a video wanting to throw 10x what it pays all its employees to Elon.

And they are voting to move to Texas from Delaware at the same day.

So 14th June Elon is either going to be smug posting that Freedom won, or raging posting that the stockholders are commies.

I kind of want to get a few put options before the vote is announced. Yeah I know, market irrational longer solvent, Tesla irrational.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

if you don't pay him 50 billion on top of however many billions he's already taken out of the company, what incentive does he have to grace us with his genius?

If they vote down the comp package, Musk has threatened to start a “rival” AI company lmao

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Elon getting hosed on juneteenth is the funniest option

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Mudlark posted:

Whatever happened to those tiny Smart Cars the Europeans were selling over here in the early 00s? Those would literally be the perfect vehicle to electrify for my driving habits. Could probably total a cybertruck in an accident, too, with that rolled steel passenger compartment and low center of gravity and everything.

Basically they were worse than a Toyota Corolla in every way including less room, worse fuel economy and costing more

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Anderson Koopa posted:

Ooh boy Elon Musk's stepmother is also his stepsister. Errol Musk went on to have 2 kids with his step daughter. So those kids are technically Elon's step siblings as well as cousins?

Adopted daughter, groomed from day one.

One of their kids is a boy, don't know about the other. But that's his half-brother and also his nephew.

So in a room with the following seven people:
- Elon Musk
- Elon Musk's sister
- Elon Musk's stepmother
- Elon Musk's brother
- Elon Musk's nephew
- Elon Musk's dad
- Elon Musk's brother-in-law

There would only be four people.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Elon Musk's family is a weird techno-eugenicist cult, starting with Errol's dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I find it bizarre that the insane far right qanon types went absolutely berserk about 'cheese pizza' being a secret code word but not one of them had anything to say about Musk and Jeffrey Epstein emailing each other about meeting up with Ghislaine Maxwell for 'Kung Fu Practice'.