Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Joe Don Baker posted:

It's amazing that Howard literally has it all and is so sad and angry.

If you have the type of personality that allows you to make a fortune through a lifetime of exploiting people, it's probably not within your abilities to ever be a happy person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

The Human Crouton posted:

If you have the type of personality that allows you to make a fortune through a lifetime of exploiting people, it's probably not within your abilities to ever be a happy person.

Hey, he doesn't exploit people. He gives them valuable exposure which can translate into paying gigs*.

*As long as they are cool with being berated for the rest of their lives by Howard for doing said gigs.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 1, 2013

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Geekslinger posted:

Debbie's second call in during the news :wtf:

Hahahaha I just heard this and oh my god.

Also Norm's latest show was great, I never thought I'd be so riveted by Larry King. The show probably deserves its own thread at this point despite being weekly.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Holy Calamity! posted:

Hahahaha I just heard this and oh my god.

The best part is Howard leaving the line open and continues on with the discussion with her retching in the background.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Holy Calamity! posted:

Also Norm's latest show was great, I never thought I'd be so riveted by Larry King. The show probably deserves its own thread at this point despite being weekly.

Thread title needs to be something along the lines of "Explain to the folks at home..."

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Man, I was listening to some old clips and episodes from 2003-2004 and it was disgusting how vehemently Howard was for the Iraq War.

Not to start a political debate as I remember back then there was a lot of misinformation and lies from the administration and media, but just the way Howard would spew bile at any caller who dared to be against the war and the pure bloodlust in his voice is shocking. It is also nuts considering his 180 on this issue later.

I know a lot of people that were pro-war changed their minds later and that's fine, but I was just shocked at the level of which he was for the invasion. He was literally screaming at callers who were just like "maybe we need a little more evidence first..."

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

an adult beverage posted:

Man, I was listening to some old clips and episodes from 2003-2004 and it was disgusting how vehemently Howard was for the Iraq War.

Not to start a political debate as I remember back then there was a lot of misinformation and lies from the administration and media, but just the way Howard would spew bile at any caller who dared to be against the war and the pure bloodlust in his voice is shocking. It is also nuts considering his 180 on this issue later.

I know a lot of people that were pro-war changed their minds later and that's fine, but I was just shocked at the level of which he was for the invasion. He was literally screaming at callers who were just like "maybe we need a little more evidence first..."

In case you don't know, Howard is a huge Islamophobe so that played into it a bunch too.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Howard grew up listening to his mother's tales of oppression at the hands of Nazis so I'd imagine his islamophobia is just an offshoot of a strong jewish protectionist mindset.

I don't think he's ever been to Israel that he's spoken of, has he? It was weird hearing them on that old Staff Pick show having gotten back from doing a week in London, considering how anti-overseas-travel he seems these days.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

One of the funniest parts about that celebrity superfan roundtable a couple pages back was Jason Alexander (I think) saying how levelheaded Howard was afer 9/11 and how the show avoided jumping to conclusions, not calling for blood. That's some serious revisionist history right there, Howard would constantly say how we should just nuke their land into oblivion before we even knew the source of the attack.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Yeah there are a whole bunch of examples of him basically calling to glass the whole middle east.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
Any time he talks about the Israel Palestine conflict and says that no one lived in Palestine before Israel was founded or says it's all due to antisemitism as if the Palestinians would have just loved being ethnically cleansed from their native land by another religion I just have to stop listening.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
To be fair, Howard always suggest instant death for anyone that endangers him, bothers him or if they clear their throat while talking to him.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Howard is giving some terrible opinions on the last episode of Game of Thrones right now, saying he couldn't hear anything in the bath scene, and he thinks it might be the moment that will turn him off the show. Whenever he talks about it he sounds so clueless, like he's too busy chatting with Beth to follow what's going on. I guess THE BACHELOR is more up his alley.

Howard doesn't seem to be the kind of a man with the patience and attention span to sit through over a minute of someone talking.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I'm actually kind of shocked he likes Game of Thrones - it's very complex for him. There's a lot going on, tons of character and places. Howard "I'll watch anything with superpowers/vampires/teen drama" Stern isn't a guy who is very deep when it comes to his TV and movie viewing habits.

It doesn't shock me Jaime's story went right past him.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ayup. And this is why he doesn't watch Mad Men, which I consider to be the best written TV show ever made. It's just too complicated, and he gravitates towards shows that require zero analysis, like The Walking Dead.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Squashy Nipples posted:

Ayup. And this is why he doesn't watch Mad Men, which I consider to be the best written TV show ever made. It's just too complicated, and he gravitates towards shows that require zero analysis, like The Walking Dead.

And that is a strict requirement that you do zero analysis, because otherwise you just watch the show so you can talk about how bad it is on the internet.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
one of the best jeff appearances ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMVif9alA6I

he's such a funny bastard

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That click click noise he makes when he thinks he's getting a good one over, that noise? One of the funniest things. Slays me.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Stuttering John doing 1 of 2 things that made him worthwhile on the show. I'd never heard this interview, it's a loving riot because unlike all other celebs he interviews this guy was beyond capable of beating the poo poo out of John.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-CVi9I8Bfs

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Ether Frenzy posted:

That click click noise he makes when he thinks he's getting a good one over, that noise? One of the funniest things. Slays me.

On the Lieberman special on him, we found out that clicking sound is what he used to start communicating with people after he flew out of the truck his drunk buddies took him speeding in. They would point at symbols of things and he would click to let them know which ones he wanted.

CapnPyro
Mar 18, 2003
I draw stuff.
I'm so grossed out watching Jeff, has he really had that limp useless arm there for 20-30 years? That' insanity. In this situation wouldn't a normal person remove it, and get a prosthetic maybe?

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I always just picture him as Hank for some odd reason.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Some one please post the gif of him falling in the corner of the (elevator?) lobby.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

Some one please post the gif of him falling in the corner of the (elevator?) lobby.

Can't find the GIF, unfortunately, but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leEh_ZPzy2A

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Does this guy look like he could be Artie's brother, or am I just crazy?

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Finally heard the Tyson interview from Monday and it was fantastic.
They had the guy for almost 2 hours and I was riveted the entire time. Robin gets major props for bringing up that Howard dated Mike's ex-wife too. That was hilariously uncomfortable.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Manifest posted:

Finally heard the Tyson interview from Monday and it was fantastic.
They had the guy for almost 2 hours and I was riveted the entire time. Robin gets major props for bringing up that Howard dated Mike's ex-wife too. That was hilariously uncomfortable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdgtpW0C2OE

Like everyone else, I've loved Robin as of late. The "Robin, Oprah, or [i forget 3rd option] game was great. Gary would read a statement and Howard and Robin would have to guess which of the three said it. Robin didn't get a single one of her own statements correct.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

It was Robin, Oprah, or Gwenyth Paltrow.

The best part was Robin "OH GOD I SOUND LIKE A CRAZY PERSON."

No poo poo Robin, it's why we love you.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
"What am I, drunk?"

Robin has been pretty good lately.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Robin's been awesome ever since she reversed her promise to no longer emasculate the male staff.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Has there been any news on her health lately?

Getting her back in the studio would probably put some energy back into the show. I wouldn't be surprised that Howard not having his 'audience' present to play to her has affected the show a lot.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Can you somehow make money out of sheer Twitter volume or something? Eric the Midget is now to the point where he spends several hours a day on Twitter, and 99% of his time is spent screaming at people. There'll be a single "yeah I thought the Wrestlemania event was good" and 50+ "SHUT THE gently caress UP DUMBASS I DID NOT poo poo ON ANYONE'S LAWN" over and over. The trolls now taken to CC'ing the show with their accusations, so of course Eric CC's them with his responses. I just can't see what the little bastard gets out of it at this point.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

kazmeyer posted:

Can you somehow make money out of sheer Twitter volume or something? Eric the Midget is now to the point where he spends several hours a day on Twitter, and 99% of his time is spent screaming at people. There'll be a single "yeah I thought the Wrestlemania event was good" and 50+ "SHUT THE gently caress UP DUMBASS I DID NOT poo poo ON ANYONE'S LAWN" over and over. The trolls now taken to CC'ing the show with their accusations, so of course Eric CC's them with his responses. I just can't see what the little bastard gets out of it at this point.

He is disabled and stuck in a chair, he makes government money. He has nothing but free time and loves the idea of being famous.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

I wish he hadn't blocked me. I want to read what the little monster has to say.
:smithfrog:

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

Manifest posted:

I wish he hadn't blocked me. I want to read what the little monster has to say.
:smithfrog:

NO YOU DUMBASS I DID NOT poo poo ON ANYONE'S LAWN
NO YOU DUMBASS I DON'T DRINK CUM
NO I AM NOT GOING TO LET SOMEONE gently caress ME ON A ROLLER COASTER
NO YOU DUMBASS I HAVE NEVER poo poo ON ANYONE'S LAWN
MY FATHER IS NOT A LOBSTER
I AM NOT IN THE KLAN YOU DUMBASS
I DO NOT AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PUBIC HAIR COLLECTION YOU DUMBASS
I AM A HUMAN BEING AND NOT A GOBLIN GO TO HELL
I WAS NEVER ON THE SHOW 'MAMA'S FAMILY'

(I think I now owe Eric an ASCAP fee or something.)

kazmeyer fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 5, 2013

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

kazmeyer posted:

NO YOU DUMBASS I DID NOT poo poo ON ANYONE'S LAWN
NO YOU DUMBASS I DON'T DRINK CUM
NO I AM NOT GOING TO LET SOMEONE gently caress ME ON A ROLLER COASTER
NO YOU DUMBASS I HAVE NEVER poo poo ON ANYONE'S LAWN
MY FATHER IS NOT A LOBSTER
I AM NOT IN THE KLAN YOU DUMBASS
I DO NOT AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PUBIC HAIR COLLECTION YOU DUMBASS
I AM A HUMAN BEING AND NOT A GOBLIN GO TO HELL

(I think I now owe Eric an ASCAP fee or something.)

That's great. I'd love to follow him, but I only follow people I don't know if they have been verified.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

quote:

Ahahahaha what could have possibly prompted this?

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

haljordan posted:

Ahahahaha what could have possibly prompted this?

Literally, "Hey Eric, I heard you were on that show "Mama's Family." He feels the need to respond to every allegation, no matter how tedious and minor and everything enrages him.

EDIT: Breaking news: apparently the rumor that Eric's colostomy bag exploded is not true, and anyone who believes so is a "gently caress HEAD". (He CC'ed Howard 100 News on that one just to make sure.)

kazmeyer fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 5, 2013

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
The terrible thing is I imagine his little mashed up vienna sausage fingers falling apart each time he types, but yet he still types, to make it clear he has never made cookies in a tree before or whatever else crazy question somebody asks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm skimming through an episode of this John Hein and Ra Ra Retard show on VH1 Classic. God almighty do I wish I could take a time machine back to 1995 and drop this tape off to Howard and Jackie. What a piece of poo poo.