Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

Sex Hobbit posted:

ANYWAY

Here's a mutant frog with its eyes in its mouth.

I'm not sure if that's really a mutant. Frogs blink when they swallow, using their eyes to help push food down their throat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Ugh, that's so gross, haha. I don't why, but I hate that so much.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Have they said what it is that makes them confident that the confession is for real though? People give questionable death bed confessions all the time, or sometimes it seems like they probably didn't but someone in the family sees it as a money making opportunity. Some dude swears that his father(grandfather?) confessed to being the Zodiac but in the end nobody believes it because it was just some dude claiming he said it with basically no other evidence.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Basebf555 posted:

Have they said what it is that makes them confident that the confession is for real though? People give questionable death bed confessions all the time, or sometimes it seems like they probably didn't but someone in the family sees it as a money making opportunity. Some dude swears that his father(grandfather?) confessed to being the Zodiac but in the end nobody believes it because it was just some dude claiming he said it with basically no other evidence.

The fact he was on a short list of suspects and there was circumstantial evidence for it being him probably helps. I agree though, doesn't necessarily make it a real confession.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

ranbo das posted:

The fact he was on a short list of suspects and there was circumstantial evidence for it being him probably helps. I agree though, doesn't necessarily make it a real confession.

You'd think with one guy (potentially) identified, they could go back and look at his known associates during the time of the crimes and pick out some prime suspects. I'd assume at least one would still be alive, but who knows.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ranbo das posted:

Which suspect was it?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
[quote="Sex Hobbit" post="477701961"]
ANYWAY

I've heard of having a frog in your throat but never this

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

Basebf555 posted:

You'd think with one guy (potentially) identified, they could go back and look at his known associates during the time of the crimes and pick out some prime suspects. I'd assume at least one would still be alive, but who knows.

One was allegedly shot by police and died of his wounds and the other was nicknamed the 'Old Man' so it seems unlikely

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

A Spider Covets posted:

Ugh, that's so gross, haha. I don't why, but I hate that so much.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Basebf555 posted:

So here is a decent article. Tl;dr of it is that the arguments in favor of this guy being one of the gang are: the brother's account of the deathbed confession; guy looked like the police sketches made from witness descriptions; guy was ex-police, which was a thing that had been suspected of the gang. Arguments against: guy never committed any other crimes; guy's fingerprints and saliva did not match material in police files.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i just feel sad for the toad :( i hope they euthanise it soon. unless living that way somehow doesn't really harm it? like i imagine it would have been like that as a tadpole too and it somehow survived

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
There's just so much about the Brabant killers that doesn't add up at all. A lot of it points to the Belgian Gendarmerie being responsable for whatever reason imo.

The link was made by 2 young gendarmes for the first time in 1983, and those 2 guys were immediately demoted to "reading newspapers and licking stamps". When the same man who demoted them became head of the federal police about 20 years later, he had a confidant burn 2 million pages(!) of notes from the investigation.
Any people who objected to this were fired for "insubordination". A heap of local clues never even made it to the central investigation but were "lost", including the ones about the identity of the guy who is now presumed to be The Giant (also ex-gendarme as has been mentioned in this thread). This dude's name had been showing up in files since 1998 but he was literally not even brought in for questioning a single time. The sitting Minister of Justice at the time had never even heard the dude's name until a couple of days ago.
They did take his prints and saliva, but the only DNA evidence they could match it to was 1)cigarette butts found in the cab of a murdered cab driver who maybe probably transported one of the killers? and 2) bullet free vests dumped in a nearby canal, which apparently has an incomplete DNA profile.

I'm not a :tinfoil: kind of guy at all but I'm 99% certain this was an inside job with some serious protection from upper echelons. There's just too much that doesn't add up.

I can effortpost about this later if you guys want but I'm at work now.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:justpost:

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

the old ceremony posted:

i just feel sad for the toad :( i hope they euthanise it soon. unless living that way somehow doesn't really harm it? like i imagine it would have been like that as a tadpole too and it somehow survived

I quoted you because I felt the same way buddy :kiddo:

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

the old ceremony posted:

"Quality of life" isn't really a parameter for natural selection. If that guy manages to breed, well, maybe it was meant to be?

Imagine if this happened to Cyclops from X-Men, he might not be such a boring character!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cyclops was awesome because he got to wear Oakleys, like all the time.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

the old ceremony posted:

Well, there's a guy on top of the page saying it might just be him pushing his eyes down to swallow, but if that's not the case then you're right and now I feel bad for him too. I am sorry Mr. Toad! :(

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
He looks like a pretty big frog, I think he's doing just fine :unsmith:

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Pyrotoad posted:

for you

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Pyrotoad posted:

that avatar/username/post combo tho

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

A Spider Covets posted:

Well, there's a guy on top of the page saying it might just be him pushing his eyes down to swallow, but if that's not the case then you're right and now I feel bad for him too. I am sorry Mr. Toad! :(

While they do use their eyes to push food down, they still open outwards and can't normally do what's happening in this picture.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/26/parents-charged-in-death-infant-found-rotting-in-swing.html

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Do yourself a favor and do not read this.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Aleph Null posted:

I wish I did myself favors. gently caress.

I thought it was about another dead baby incident that happened in my county.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Another one of those things where I'm glad them going to prison is basically a death sentence.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Aleph Null posted:

Too late.:cry: That's some Wasp Factory level of horror.

PS Don't read The Wasp Factory either.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Zopotantor posted:

Wowzers. Read the summary on Wikipedia and I already regret it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Aleph Null posted:

Welp, time to hold my daughter forever

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Aleph Null posted:

It's a Fox News link which means I'll automatically disregard it. gently caress if I'm gonna give them any pageviews.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Zopotantor posted:

In my copy of the book all the reviews in it say not to read it as well.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Madkal posted:

In my copy of the book all the reviews in it say not to read it as well.

God drat it. Now I have to check it out.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

reminds me of this one.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/14/maryland-mother-found-pushing-dead-son-manslaughter-charge
:smith:

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Was she just sitting there pushing the swing for two days?

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Sounds like she had a breakdown. Sadly no one noticed until far too late.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

xoFcitcrA posted:

Was she just sitting there pushing the swing for two days?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/no-jail-md-mom-found-pushing-dead-child-swing-article-1.2540186
Yes :smith:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

(Honest to god no-joke trigger warning: child death. If you don't wanna hear about this, don't look under the tags)

This article is badly written. Is it saying that the woman put her child in a swingset and continually pushed them for two days without stopping? Or is its saying that she put the child in, left, came back two days later, and started swinging the corpse? Either one is crazy, mind you, but the article doesn't make it clear which crazy thing is true..

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Ariong posted:

(Honest to god no-joke trigger warning: child death. If you don't wanna hear about this, don't look under the tags)

This article is badly written. Is it saying that the woman put her child in a swingset and continually pushed them for two days without stopping? Or is its saying that she put the child in, left, came back two days later, and started swinging the corpse? Either one is crazy, mind you, but the article doesn't make it clear which crazy thing is true..

it's the same woman as in the other article. she put the kid in the swing and pushed the swing for two days straight. at some point in there he died from a combination of dehydration and low body temperature.

e: also the headline is "Maryland mother pushed her son on a swing for almost two days until he died" so i don't really think there's any ambiguity, here

chernobyl kinsman has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Oct 27, 2017

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Devils Affricate posted:

It's been
four weeks since you looked at me
strapped me in my swing cuz you were angry
five days in the living room
kinda getting hungry but I have no way to tell you

Quoting from GBS.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Applesnots posted:

Some heinous bullshit

I, for one, do not appreciate this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Labes for days posted:

I wish I did myself favors. gently caress.

I thought it was about another dead baby incident that happened in my county.
PYF Unnerving Article: I thought it was a different dead baby incident