Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

No grok! Too unhinged!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

:lmao:

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

So, assuming that post is true, what is the takeaway? Are they just renting office space to temporarily set up an ad hoc service center? Is this an existing service center that's being gutted?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Or a byproduct of the hardcore headcount reduction.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
opening some random rear end service center sounds like an extremely profitable grift considering it sounds like even the real ones can't do poo poo

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

dew worm posted:

Has this guy seen Twister?

X, formerly known as Twister

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LOL

reservoir hogs
Jan 24, 2024

egg

shyduck posted:

of course its on a tow truck

this is the only way to not void the warranty

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
That service center has looks like a rental car place that just opened after a bad fire.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

concerning

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Captain Hygiene posted:

:lmao: and :negative: at that guy being a longterm storm chaser, that's one of the top scenarios I can think of where you don't want to be using a vehicle that has an appreciable chance of breaking down at any given moment

e: lol

First tweet could have just left it at "Do you think?"

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Tarkus posted:

So, assuming that post is true, what is the takeaway? Are they just renting office space to temporarily set up an ad hoc service center? Is this an existing service center that's being gutted?
It's actually retro futuristic. Much like the supercharger diner is based on a 50s mid century look, this service center was envisioned as a 90s strip mall unit where some guy's cousin puts tint on your windows.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

priznat posted:

It’s really a shame that EV chargers can’t be in isolated spots, need to have them at gas stations or something. Metal thieves and the people who buy suspicious scrap metal are the worst.

From 1750 BCE to present, “gently caress Nanni.”

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Is there no power in those cables that got cut? Sorry I'm about as ignorant as Elon on this subject lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

holtemon posted:

Is there no power in those cables that got cut? Sorry I'm about as ignorant as Elon on this subject lol

They’re only engergized when there is a car connected to them.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://x.com/canteverdie/status/1791201952816095411?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Slotducks posted:

I desperately never want to see one up here in Canada but at the same time I won't be able to bully anyone with one if they're sold up here so im kind of at a loss really.

I live near Toronto and have now seen two Cybertrucks on the prowl in my city. Or one Cybertruck twice. It was huge and hideous.

I didn't see the plates either time, so maybe they were visiting from the US.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Luv me gizmos. Luv me gewgaws. Car updates and gives me a new fart button. Noice. C'mere car UH OH WATCH OUT FOR THAT CHILDREN'S FIELD TRIP OHHH NOOOOOO

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Bone Crimes posted:

Model 3s don't have sunroofs though. Its a sealed glass roof. I'm really curious how that is happening.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Bone Crimes posted:

Model 3s don't have sunroofs though. Its a sealed glass roof. I'm really curious how that is happening.

Lol what?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Tarkus posted:

It is true, but the picture is a couple years old.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
There was never any point in doing this, lying about it makes it even more obvious Musk was probably the driving force behind this farce.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-more-proof-tesla-faked-its-cybertruck-vs-porsche-1851481714

Still love the truck though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Why is it in the backrooms?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

shyduck posted:

BYD launched a sub-$50k PHEV pickup truck in Mexico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1589j04paFs

Interesting how the music and (limited) dialog is in English. Rotating screen is neat, and, oh, look, they've managed to pull off what Elon can't seem to, a HUD!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

koshmar posted:

There was never any point in doing this, lying about it makes it even more obvious Musk was probably the driving force behind this farce.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-more-proof-tesla-faked-its-cybertruck-vs-porsche-1851481714

Still love the truck though.

quote:

OK, to be fair to the Cybertruck, it apparently was faster off the line. That makes sense. Launching an EV is very easy, and launching a manual transmission sports car – even on the best surface – is pretty hard. However, the Cybertruck only holds its advantage for seven feet. After that, the 911 Carrera T takes off and doesn’t look back.

:rubby:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Even at the service center, Tesla replaced everything with a single touchscreen

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Darchangel posted:

Interesting how the music and (limited) dialog is in English. Rotating screen is neat, and, oh, look, they've managed to pull off what Elon can't seem to, a HUD!

Rolling bikes into the back gave me a good lol mocking cybertruck not even being able to put a bicycle in its boot.

reservoir hogs
Jan 24, 2024

egg
its such a weird thing to have faked when you could just have not faked it against something it could legitimately beat. also regardless of whether it beat the porsche 911 or not it's still a very fast vehicle with impressive acceleration speeds.

unless you get water on it, then it just stops working. or drive it in the snow. or mud. or sand. or drive it for 35 miles.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

reservoir hogs posted:

its such a weird thing to have faked when you could just have not faked it against something it could legitimately beat. also regardless of whether it beat the porsche 911 or not it's still a very fast vehicle with impressive acceleration speeds.

unless you get water on it, then it just stops working. or drive it in the snow. or mud. or sand. or drive it for 35 miles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDuQLtjh80U

chinscratch emoji

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

red warnings blaring, "problem may resolve if driver exits and reenters the vehicle" it says, but you know it's all over: the warranty is voided.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

This might be the longest Cybertruck journey in recorded history without a visit to a service center

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I haven't seen it do any other passes on NHRA tracks so its probably in the service center still.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

reservoir hogs posted:

or drive it for 35 miles.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:lol: at the hypeman announcer's conclusion: "kinda interesting"

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
https://x.com/daveexplosm/status/1791196687098425725?s=46

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

X is where creators get paid

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They absolutely should

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

reservoir hogs posted:

Give me something that can corner over something with straight line speed any day. Around any track the Porsche would wipe the floor with the cybertruck even not towing anything I would imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

:perfect: