Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Munchables posted:

oooo so kinda like "ll" in welsh

Kinda! We also use cmy- and cmr- in the same way the Welsh do, but a softer inflection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Munchables posted:

oooo so kinda like "ll" in welsh

That would be the unvoiced alveolar lateral fricative :eng101:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Wait until I tell you about the exciting world of partial glottal stops.

cruft

Didn't realize I was going to be learning pretty new consonants if I stayed up tonight. Really glad I did!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yo cruft can you roll your Rs? You can do that with THL- kinda, same vibration but in the upper position.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

Yo cruft can you roll your Rs? You can do that with THL- kinda, same vibration but in the upper position.

I can roll front *and* back :smug:

But the concept of rolling a lateral fricative is blowing my mind right now.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

I can roll front *and* back :smug:

But the concept of rolling a lateral fricative is blowing my mind right now.

Just try it. Seriously. Yes it's weird. It'll make sense though.

Finger Prince

how familiar are american nations with the canadian aboriginal syllabics? I love the story behind them, both the Cree and the European one (who knows, maybe Evans and Calling Badger had a chat with the same spirits?).
It's pretty rare to find a written language with an actual recorded origin story. The only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Hangeul.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I have a hard time reading CAS because my brain turns the shapes sometimes, but it's a really good and really useful method of written communication.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Mormon Nailer posted:

he was sent to a residential school

christ. :smith:

Goons Are Gifts

hello good morning friends, I also just heard the news about Lowtax passing and yes, it is indeed true, there's a big thread about in GBS, there's also a gofundme to help support his kids if you want to do that

Obviously many goons have conflicted feelings about this, but the guy who founded this joint has passed away and I believe it is not really in our place to discuss anything beyond that and it's certainly not a byob tradition to be mean to anyone's grave, so just throwing that out here, but I know yobbers are way too chill and usually high to do that anyways :glomp:

You can pm or email me if you want! Share your opinions or feelings, yell at someone or just talk. Really! Can be about any topic actually, I love pms

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I :love: you GaG

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

YES i AM high and i am POSTING on BYOB because i can't DECIDE on a GAME to PLAY

sb hermit

Goons Are Great posted:

hello good morning friends, I also just heard the news about Lowtax passing and yes, it is indeed true, there's a big thread about in GBS, there's also a gofundme to help support his kids if you want to do that

Obviously many goons have conflicted feelings about this, but the guy who founded this joint has passed away and I believe it is not really in our place to discuss anything beyond that and it's certainly not a byob tradition to be mean to anyone's grave, so just throwing that out here, but I know yobbers are way too chill and usually high to do that anyways :glomp:

You can pm or email me if you want! Share your opinions or feelings, yell at someone or just talk. Really! Can be about any topic actually, I love pms

I think I'm going to go with the hidden option of just mailing you a letter. I think I have a particularly byob one here.

Goons Are Gifts

Oh yes! Please do I love letters, look at this, you can reach me via pm, email, write me a letter, a postcard, just yesterday I got a really nice drawing, too!
I worship everything goons send me

Goons Are Gifts

Just be careful, if you write me, there is a real danger that I might write back, I have a letter writing station set up over here and it's always operational

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Munchables posted:

YES i AM high and i am POSTING on BYOB because i can't DECIDE on a GAME to PLAY

Forza

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Brb finding a carrier pidgeon that can get from the UK to Germany

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Goons Are Great posted:

Oh yes! Please do I love letters, look at this, you can reach me via pm, email, write me a letter, a postcard, just yesterday I got a really nice drawing, too!

That reminds me, Bingo Bango and I got your letter and it was beautiful. This has been a nightmare semester in terms of chewing up my free time but I want to get something in the mail to send back to you soon.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Goons Are Gifts

Oh lovely! I actually went out for an hour or so to find special stickers for you two to celebrate, so I'm glad it came through!

Stoner Sloth

Rarity posted:

I :love: you GaG

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

sb hermit

Goons Are Great posted:

I think I mailed you a few things but they are either in transit or lost or a little of each. Feel free to post the contents of anything I send, though, but please omit the addresses. I'm waiting to get a po box so that I can send more stuff.

Escape From Noise

Kegged the cold IPA today. Samples from the kegs have chunks of hops and stuff. Hoping it's just the first and last kegs...gently caress

Escape From Noise

I told them I needed a sight glass!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Escape From Noise posted:

Kegged the cold IPA today. Samples from the kegs have chunks of hops and stuff. Hoping it's just the first and last kegs...gently caress
That's a real time-saving abbreviation of "kegel".

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Now we're back to munch's fortuitous yoni egg find...

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

BYOB business idea: yoni eggs we find on the ground that you can look at, the post is an NFT now and we're going to make like ten bucks on it

That's enough to get one weed right

Gramps

good morning orbs you're all beautiful and i love you

i don't know how you've managed to cultivate such a great vibe without having to constantly chase away trolls and assholes (maybe the mods do a lot more than I see, but I think maybe our weirdness is a shield) but i will always be grateful that you're here

Gramps

Mormon Nailer posted:

BYOB business idea: yoni eggs we find on the ground that you can look at, the post is an NFT now and we're going to make like ten bucks on it

That's enough to get one weed right

Wait my wife has a couple rock eggs upstairs I'll go snag some pictures (no I haven't shoved em in her bojina they're pretties)

Edit: EGGIES the one on the left is real cool and fun to look at cause there's a shitton of lil creatures in there

Gramps fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Nov 11, 2021

treasure bear

rock egg

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gramps posted:

Wait my wife has a couple rock eggs upstairs I'll go snag some pictures (no I haven't shoved em in her bojina they're pretties)

Edit: EGGIES the one on the left is real cool and fun to look at cause there's a shitton of lil creatures in there

e g g

Stoner Sloth

eggel

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
hello i think i’m hungry today

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

aldantefax posted:

hello i think i’m hungry today

Have you tried rock egg

Taste of crime but also rock

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok totally random question here but has anyone seen my Goop egg? It's kinda green/grey in colour and very smooth, I definitely dropped it somewhere around here. It's one of my faves, I use it all the time :sweatdrop:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I mean I think I saw yours but it didn't have any goop on it, but idk

Boba Pearl

by Athanatos
there were a lot of words on this page that i didn't want to google or learn about today.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Boba Pearl

by Athanatos
anyways hmu when you can master the yoni Fushigi

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

biosterous

cruft posted:

That would be the unvoiced alveolar lateral fricative :eng101:

Mormon Nailer posted:

Wait until I tell you about the exciting world of partial glottal stops.

oh hell yeah this is the part where it started making sense for me :peanut:

one of my fav linguistic courses was Writing Systems. i learned (and have since forgot) the Inuktitut syllabic script, that was super fun.

also the teacher was a rad dude - there had been a history of big tech companies telling native communities "oh, adding font support for your writing system is sooooo hard, so you will have to pay us tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to do it". when he learned that (and it's bullshit) he just went and made the fonts + requisite unicode stuff and uploaded them all for free

ooh i did some googling, here is his site https://www.languagegeek.com/

good dude, doing good work, because it is bullshit to tell people the can't computer in their native language because they haven't given you enough money

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Touching the egg orb