Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

I don't think I saw anyone else mention this yet, but if you go to https://www.warframe.com/anniversary and scroll down a bit, there's a computer monitor you can type in. If you enter happynewyear you get a glyph and a color pallette.

More color palettes are always nice, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Never enough color palettes.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Buys all the color pallettes, keeps using Smoke. :shobon:

Curtana
Feb 17, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

Buys all the color pallettes, keeps using Smoke. :shobon:

Same, but Tenno III...

:v:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Why is there a limit on tome mods? Are they really that good?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

temple posted:

My guess is to prevent 'stat-stick' gameplay from a certain kind of player thinking they MUST have the tome to buff all their ability stats with all the invocations. Whether that is to save them from themself or not is up to you

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Yeah usually 85% of DEs "balance" (that isn't just fixing obvious infinite damage bugs) is trying to avoid "only choice" narrowing. The rest is avoiding AFK stuff from also being "only choice" optimal strats.

Of course over 11 years a bunch of older inconsistencies have accumulated (like stat sticks, which Pablo actively dislikes), but that's generally the motivation behind it.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Apr 4, 2024

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

temple posted:

Dante's 1 has no limit so you can just stick literally all of them on there if you want. You won't do any damage but you can give yourself a lot of buffs.

Speaking of which, how about Dante? It feels like they just tried to make the most meta warframe they could. "What if he does massive slash dots in an enormous area while being completely invincible? Also the dots do all of their damage immediately."

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dante is as powerful and fun to play as he is loving stupid looking*. I've mentioned a couple of times elsewhere that I'm getting spoiled by everyone leveling Dante giving me 5 digits of overguard, letting me go nuts with Akarius Prime without self-stagger.

* Seriously, only Sevagoth looks worse.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

In the most recent dev short they let everyone know that they've seen literally everyone screaming "holy poo poo Dante is busted strong" and are going to be nerfing him "just a little bit."

Rebb was very clear that they love what he does and and how he plays and they don't want pre nerf Dante to be the only good version of Dante so she really emphasized the slight part of the upcoking slight nerf.

Imo the only thing he does that's super busted is give everyone 5 digits of status immune extra health for free. He's made of paper without that overguard so I kinda hope they only tone down the team OG, he could have different caps for teammates and himself. Also Revenant exists so this might not be what they're talking about, no singular specific power was said to be the reason he's broken strong.

Everything else is pretty fine. His birds might be able to semi afk low level content though, haven't tried. His huge slash nuke takes some setting up and is not even extra large in the grand scheme of room clearly abilities. I was wiping the floor with regular sanctum disruptions but it only does pretty okay work in the steel path version.

Either way he is dummy strong and probably deserves to be brought down by like 5 or 10%. I kinda love how book-nerd mage he is though, I really like his dorky look and his animation set that lets me float around like an owl-dracula. If some tennogen gives him the big hat logan treatment I'm gonna be real tempted even if it does block my camera and reticle 100% of the time.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 4, 2024

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

If you took the party-buff out of his Overguard gen entirely he'd just be a very strong very fun character with enjoyable gameplay and the first exalted weapon I've enjoyed using (other than Baruuk, for whom it's his entire personality).

Dante's only weaknesses: Eximus (can't get status effects until you bust their overguard, fire meets fire) and ESO (can't ability spam at all). And in those cases the in-kit solution is "Noctua good if you build it to be good instead of a buff acquisition platform"

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah I think I'm only using one or two tome mods on the thing, otherwise its an infinite ammo gun thats pretty good but not 'clears rooms before other players get a chance to play the game' good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if you ignore it entirely there are a few passive effect mods you can use.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Dante's only weaknesses: Eximus (can't get status effects until you bust their overguard, fire meets fire)

Eximus enemies still take DoT damage and get blasted by Tragedy with their overguard up. They just have a much larger total health pool, so you might need to soften them up with a couple more dark verses or a another status source (like his book) to pop them in one go.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Dante's only weaknesses: Eximus (can't get status effects until you bust their overguard, fire meets fire)

Eximus get status effects with Overguard the same as all normal enemies, they just ignore the crowd-control components (Fire/Elec deal damage but don't make them panic/dance, Impact doesn't stagger but it does change Mercy threshold, Radiation doesn't change their AI, and Cold will slow them but only up to 4 stacks). They can be silenced and blinded by abilities which will stop them from doing anything.

This is important because you can still prime them for Condition Overload weapons, and with two green Archon shards you can use a Corrosive status weapon to remove all their armor (but I don't think their armor protects their Overguard since it doesn't for Warframes)

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Oh, then in that case Dante's only weakness right now is ESO, which is almost disqualifying for affinity pigs but he's just so dang fun

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

Eximus get status effects with Overguard the same as all normal enemies, they just ignore the crowd-control components (Fire/Elec deal damage but don't make them panic/dance, Impact doesn't stagger but it does change Mercy threshold, Radiation doesn't change their AI, and Cold will slow them but only up to 4 stacks). They can be silenced and blinded by abilities which will stop them from doing anything.

This is important because you can still prime them for Condition Overload weapons, and with two green Archon shards you can use a Corrosive status weapon to remove all their armor (but I don't think their armor protects their Overguard since it doesn't for Warframes)

I think armor does protect overguard on enemies or at least it used to, also the mercy threshold being moved only matters once the overguard is entirely off.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Extremely happy with the Banshee Voidshell. Love how this came out. I had JUST bought the Blade of the Lotus before it came out, but luckily the helmet still looks great with it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Now let's see it with the rabbit ears.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It actually kinda works!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

:bisonyes:

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

I don't think I saw anyone else mention this yet, but if you go to https://www.warframe.com/anniversary and scroll down a bit, there's a computer monitor you can type in. If you enter happynewyear you get a glyph and a color pallette.

Also, if anyone's interested in this sort of thing, the background message near the console appears to say

quote:

Arthur, for soul's sake learn how to park your goddam bike.
If I find it in my spot again, I'm kicking it over.
With Love,
Quincy
P.S. I'm supposed to invite you to the New Year's Bash (?maybe? not sure of this last symbol).
Consider this the invite.

Of course, the message on the sticky note reads "THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG"

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Patch notes are up with a uhhh lot of changes for being a hotfix

https://www.warframe.com/updates/pc/35-5-3

Big frame changes that jumped out to me:
- Dante's overguard base gain reduced from both 2 and 224 the base for 224 went from 5k to 2k, "lol" small changes folks
- Dante's 334 now has line-of-sight restriction, RIP but probably necessary, that's only allowed on older frames' 4 I guess
- Dante's 234 buffs allies more

- Nezha's new augment that made people want to play him (spears spread statuses inflicted to speared enemies) reduces its range by 50%

And they made some Onos changes that buff some of the evolutions and also sound like they're fixing the very wonky visuals on the charged shot.

Oh and this, which is correcting an oversight but also probably made some content creators mad their SP-trivializing builds require more than "subsume wisp"

quote:

Enemies with Crowd Control immunity (ex: Overguard) have had the following interactions removed:

Frost's Ice Wave Impedance Augment (specifically the frozen trail that slows them)
Rhino’s Stomp (slow effect)
Primary Obstruct (weapon jamming)
Exodia Epidemic (enemy suspension)
Zenurik Temporal Drag (slow effect)
Wisp’s Breach Surge (blind)
Halikar (disarm)
Mesa’s Muzzle Flash (blind)
Proboscis Cernos (stun and pull)
Mag’s Counter Pulse Augment (robotics disabling and disarm)
Mag’s Fracturing Crush Augment (immobilization)
Malicious Code (immobilization)

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 4, 2024

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That all seems fine tbh.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Dante has to stand around spam casting for 7 loops to cap overguard now, loving rip

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Yeah by no means do I think this dumpsters Dante at all, I Just Think It's Funny that a 60% haircut on the effect of his 224 is considered a small change. At least they didn't lower his cap (that I can see?) given that like other people said, he's tissue paper without it up.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
not having Rabbit ears on my Mag was why I stopped playing on the switch.

Finally I have my rabbit eared Mag back.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Yeah by no means do I think this dumpsters Dante at all, I Just Think It's Funny that a 60% haircut on the effect of his 224 is considered a small change. At least they didn't lower his cap (that I can see?) given that like other people said, he's tissue paper without it up.

I feel like in practice this probably downgrades him from "completely invincible" to "completely invincible" based on my use of a non-potato Dante in SP Circuit. Maybe you'll start feeling the pain if you stay in SP endless missions for long periods of time, but there's not all that much reason to do that aside from showing off so :shrug:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

OK the overguard regeneration on kill is strong now though

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Oh and this, which is correcting an oversight but also probably made some content creators mad their SP-trivializing builds require more than "subsume wisp"

quote:

Enemies with Crowd Control immunity (ex: Overguard) have had the following interactions removed:

Frost's Ice Wave Impedance Augment (specifically the frozen trail that slows them)
Rhino’s Stomp (slow effect)
Primary Obstruct (weapon jamming)
Exodia Epidemic (enemy suspension)
Zenurik Temporal Drag (slow effect)
Wisp’s Breach Surge (blind)
Halikar (disarm)
Mesa’s Muzzle Flash (blind)
Proboscis Cernos (stun and pull)
Mag’s Counter Pulse Augment (robotics disabling and disarm)
Mag’s Fracturing Crush Augment (immobilization)
Malicious Code (immobilization)

As a former Khora main, good. As much as it sucked to come back to find out "lol your abilities don't work anymore 😉", it was salt in the wound that other CC abilities did still work.

I wish they do something to let CC abilities 'pass through' Overguarded targets, it's really obnoxious when I can't use an ability because an eximus unit keeps jumping in front of legitimate targets.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Why is warframe telling me what frames and weapons to use? Didn't like it in the circuit, don't like it in deep archimedean.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I did a maxed out Deep Archimedian (Gauss and Torid? Well, if you insist) and got 2 shards and one tauforged shard. Decent but for the increased difficulty time investment, and with the buffs to the netracell reward pool, I'm not sure it's actually time efficient vs. just doing 3 netracells. I got 3 shards from 2 netracell charges so that's cool, but I rarely use all of those anyway.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Was blessed with the Stug on my first deep archimedean run

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Updated Dante still feels pretty good. Not capped overguard from second one, but still plenty.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Lol they literally went down the wiki list in order, to remove those crowd control abilities. Good thing Banshee silence wasn't on that list so they still get their powers deactivated. Sucks no more breach blind though.

Also the no Line of Sight on Dante was the only thing I was interested in, I wanted to map nuke like Mirage.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Silence subsume stays winning.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

temple posted:

Why is warframe telling me what frames and weapons to use? Didn't like it in the circuit, don't like it in deep archimedean.

It's here to teach you that you need to try the aklato so you can say again that it's a piece of poo poo.

Also the stug, also the prova vandal, also the...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
from what turned up in discord after the patch dropped, at max heat in elite deep you can leave one modifier unchecked and still get everything except the final vosphor drop (which is to say, you're getting all the shards, the drops that matter) so the mode looks more intimidating than it really is. the only time you gotta full heat is the first, in regular archemedian, to unlock elite. after that you can guarantee at least one piece of equipment or frame to carry.

I don't think it'll be as bad as it looks up front, in other words

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Was blessed with the Stug on my first deep archimedean run

Guaranteed win right there

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 5, 2024

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Whoever decided to lock invincible operator reviving alongside mobile aoes that basically instagib you if you stand still in an area for more than a few seconds is insane, definitely recommend keeping transference distortion off when going for the elite version.

I'm really surprised it's only one try a week, was really hoping I could spend 4 charges at least.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Apr 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
God, I made the mistake of reading the Warframe forums and the melodramatic whining is just insane. Oh no, Dante isn't invincible and clearing rooms with each cast, god forbid.

One guy "upgraded Archon Intensify for nothing". Not like it's clutch on some of the most useful frames in the game or anything.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 5, 2024