Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

featurecreep posted:

Anyone? I know I can't be the only one looking into chinesium.

Really hard to say? Look at other forums. My Necca TMNT knockoffs are pretty drat sweet. The Groot I got? Not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Louisgod posted:

I'm still not sure what a "running change" is relative to the Legends figures. You have a couple characters that share a title of sorts but I'm not sure what that accomplishes. Is it to get around retailers not having to list character names in their systems?

I think it's more to do with packaging printing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sporklift posted:

Really hard to say? Look at other forums. My Necca TMNT knockoffs are pretty drat sweet. The Groot I got? Not so much.

The NECA TMNT's are fantastic. My KO ML Iron Monger is pretty good too.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
nendroids are a crapshoot, they're pretty good or pretty poo poo, there's no real inbetween when it comes to knock offs.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Old news, but I just saw this thing and I like it

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

What is it?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I dunno, but drat the eyes on the spider kid look weird.

Oh yea, anyone know of a good bootleg version of Devastator? Giant, awesome, etc. Friend's birthday is coming up and I kinda wanna surprise him with it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I dunno, but drat the eyes on the spider kid look weird.

Oh yea, anyone know of a good bootleg version of Devastator? Giant, awesome, etc. Friend's birthday is coming up and I kinda wanna surprise him with it.

http://sirtoys.com/toys.php?c=16&p=1670&t=TFC_Hercules_KO_V2.html

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

What is it?

Its from Three A. They have done a few other marvel characters too.

http://www.worldofthreea.com/catalog/marvel

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I really want to order the Civil War Ant-Man but that headsculpt looks like Batfleck, not Rudd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, it's weird. The Ant Man one is good though, so I don't know what happened there.

I guess they didn't want to re-use it.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I didnt think either look like Rudd enough that if I got one I'd leave the helmet off.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TouchToneDialing posted:

Its from Three A. They have done a few other marvel characters too.

http://www.worldofthreea.com/catalog/marvel

What's the loving point of making such awesome characters, paying for the rights, and then only producing like 1,000 toys? Congrats: you're making scalpers rich.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know if it's the case here but often the deal is explicitly for limited runs.

Usually because a bigger company has the rights but the contract allows for limited run contracts to smaller companies.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They are a small company that doesn't have the means or the customer base to make giant runs. Plus nothing 3A sells out anyway, they usually can be found cheaper on the after market.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Duke Igthorn posted:

What's the loving point of making such awesome characters, paying for the rights, and then only producing like 1,000 toys? Congrats: you're making scalpers rich.

That's just how it works. Now you know to jump on things when they come out.

I yearn to get a Hot Toys Dutch from Predator but I missed out. poo poo happens. I like it this way better anyways. For selfish reasons.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They should remake Dutch anyway. He's not very good compared to what Hot Toys now.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I thought they just did one? Or was that Commando? They look so similar.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

therealjon_ posted:

I thought they just did one? Or was that Commando? They look so similar.

Yeah, it was Commando and now youre making me regret not buying it cause it's quite literally the same. Except I think he had green camo in Predator.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Duke Igthorn posted:

These shits did not sell well at all. You can still get the two versions of Doom on clearance online.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey remember when we were talking about Disney Infinity? If you're curious about the Marvel stuff the core games for 2.0 have plummeted in price.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
ThreeA has had a lot of problems with their licensed stuff. They got the 2000AD license and release loving Mongol and RoJaws. And that's it, for like, two years. No Dredd, no Hammerstein, no Nemesis, no Rogue Trooper, no Johnny Alpha. Goddamn Mongol and Rojaws. By the time they actually did release a Dredd, Mezco had beaten them to the punch

Then their Iron Man figure sucked, and had weird torso articulation that made everybody think it was broken out of the box, so that hosed their Marvel line.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

At Target today, I picked up the Star Wars Episode 7 "Takodana Encounter" box set. It's got 3.75" scale figures of Rey, Finn, BB-8 and Maz Kanata. They totally have that 1977 5-point articulation going on, but I decided I'm cool with that because the sculpting and paint on them are pretty nice. It's hard to get good character likenesses at that scale, but they did an impressive job. No wonky eyes or anything! Really nice selection of accessories too.

These are the first Episode 7 anything that I've actually bought, after months of window-shopping. Like I've said before, it's been really tempting to get some of the 6" figures, but I have this whole collection of the tiny ones already... Now that I've taken the plunge I'll probably end up buying more. I've been really tempted to get Rey's speeder. The design of that thing is so great!

The only 6" figures they had were a dozen or so flametroopers. It's kind of sad, because if those were regular stormtroopers people might want to buy them by the dozen, but who cares about the weird ones that were barely in the movie?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Are the Giant Man wave of Legends out at retail yet?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Walmarts.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Has anyone picked up the "classic" ghostbusters w/ BAF yet? The none diamond ones

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Rhyno posted:

Hey remember when we were talking about Disney Infinity? If you're curious about the Marvel stuff the core games for 2.0 have plummeted in price.

Where? They seem to be normal priced on amazon.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

DrChud posted:

Has anyone picked up the "classic" ghostbusters w/ BAF yet? The none diamond ones
I saw Ray Stanz at Walmart yesterday and ended up passing on it. Not that it was a bad figure, I just had other stuff I'd rather spend $20 on.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

sporklift posted:

I saw 2.0 starter set at Walmart the other day for $5.00

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sporklift posted:

PS3 - $17
http://www.amazon.com/Disney-INFINI...ey+infinity+2.0

PS4 - $24
http://www.amazon.com/Disney-INFINI...es+starter+pack

Xbox 360 - $30 ( the $18 ones have sold out)

Xbox One - $22

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Oh cool. I was looking at individual figs. Always dug that Iron Fist.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

sporklift posted:

Oh cool. I was looking at individual figs. Always dug that Iron Fist.

I know Toysrus is doing 40% off on them, I picked up Ant-man the other day, and I've heard Wal-Mart is putting them all in the clearance aisle. Rats from a sinking ship.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackchamber posted:

I know Toysrus is doing 40% off on them, I picked up Ant-man the other day, and I've heard Wal-Mart is putting them all in the clearance aisle. Rats from a sinking ship.

I have heard that since it was Disney sanctioned killing of the line larger retailers will get compensated for sitting stock so we can expect them to plunge in price. A few Amazon sellers have started, I got a Black Panther for $5.50 on Monday.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Xenomrph posted:

I saw Ray Stanz at Walmart yesterday and ended up passing on it. Not that it was a bad figure, I just had other stuff I'd rather spend $20 on.

Speaking of, I found the NECA Peter and Egon yesterday at TRU. Nice to have all four.

As an aside, I have these four figures sitting around that I don't want/need anymore if anybody's interested. They're the Ghostbusters 2 outfits and the same mold as the $20 figures in Wal-Mart/TRU.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Got an email from Sideshow saying I won one of their contests, got super excited, then opened the email and found out I won a book.

Its cool but it was definitely a bit...disappointing.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

TouchToneDialing posted:

Got an email from Sideshow saying I won one of their contests, got super excited, then opened the email and found out I won a book.

Its cool but it was definitely a bit...disappointing.

What book?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think it's for their Court of the Dead thing they keep trying to make happen? I remember that being a giveaway recently.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

I think it's for their Court of the Dead thing they keep trying to make happen? I remember that being a giveaway recently.

Yeah.... Like I said, bit disappointing

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Rhyno posted:

I have heard that since it was Disney sanctioned killing of the line larger retailers will get compensated for sitting stock so we can expect them to plunge in price. A few Amazon sellers have started, I got a Black Panther for $5.50 on Monday.

Do the 3.0 figs work with the 2.0 game. Is the game any fun? Or just neat little figs for the desk?

sporklift fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Question about basements and figures. I live in the PNW so my basement is kinda damp. I run a dehumidifier most of the time but if I forget for a day or two it is noticeable. I wouldn't store books down there but I would like to put some figures around my shop. They should be fine right?