Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Varkk posted:

National supporters on Facebook melting down.

Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

i did my part!

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Varkk posted:

Link that poo poo, friends.

Meanwhile, on HOSKINGWATCH

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Looks like he's shut the greens out again :smith:

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Varkk posted:

:justpost:

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

bike tory posted:

Looks like he's shut the greens out again :smith:

His agreement is with Labour i'm assuming its up to them to involve the greens.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Wandle Cax posted:

This

But yeah, Winnie doesn't have much time for the greens

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wandle Cax posted:

C&S with the Greens, with no ministerial positions, rather than any formal coalition.

Still, considering the overlap in educational policy between the three parties, I'm just glad we've finally got rid of a government that is openly hostile towards education.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

No he explicitly said that he and Labour are in coalition, while the greens are only giving C&S. I guess Labour could still give them cabinet positions, but it'd be a hard sell if Winston has got four already.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I made this in celebration

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Dragonstoned posted:

Heh

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Dragonstoned posted:

Perfect.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Luceid posted:

i did my part!

Yeah I voted red/red in mt Albert but I didn't actually expect them to come out on top

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Good job kiwis. Hopefully the time-bomb left by the Tories isn't bad enough that the new coalition gets turfed at the next election and they have a good chance to implement some actual decent reforms and be able to demonstrate the benefits to the electorate.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

C&S with the Greens, with no ministerial positions, rather than any formal coalition.

Still, considering the overlap in educational policy between the three parties, I'm just glad we've finally got rid of a government that is openly hostile towards education.

I just want that increase in the student allowance so I can actually afford doctors visits and medication. This whole year has been one slow slip into overdraft because of that.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I think that all round this is a pretty decent outcome, it showed the strength of democracy as well as the benefits (mandate for change) and downsides (a month to form a government, come the gently caress on!) of MMP.

either the country will band together under labour, or they will change course and the next election will be a national landslide

regardless, hopefully something meaningful happens here, and the future of this country is secured

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Dragonstoned posted:

:perfect:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Link that poo poo, friends.

Meanwhile, on HOSKINGWATCH

I have never said this before and will never say it again but tune in to Seven Sharp right now; Mike Hoskings' heart is tearing in half live on air

Hi im Mike Hosking and I'm the saddest man alive

Thank you for this

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

BloodRed posted:

a month to form a government, come the gently caress on!

Given it just took the Dutch 9 months, it isn't too bad.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Hopefully the people who voted nats bc of the tax scaremongering will realise that was all bs and they aren't actually getting taxed to oblivion, and this is going pretty well and they'll have solid support next time.

fartmanteau
Mar 15, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

Jacinda just confirmed the Greens are getting ministerial portfolios.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

I have never said this before and will never say it again but tune in to Seven Sharp right now; Mike Hoskings' heart is tearing in half live on air

Fireworks going off.

I know it's for Diwali, but I just wanna believe.

Die and be forgotten Hosking, you creature.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Dragonstoned posted:

Thanks for this. My parents are going to be so tilted when they see that on my timeline.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

All the friends who I didn't discuss politics with are now expressing their anger at tonight.
Turns out a lot of my friends are temporarily embarrassed millionaires, or straight up just dislike poors (of which I am one, so by extensions hate me)

:smith:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

The hawkes bay a&p show tomorrow is going to be pissed

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

i've never paid attention to any talking heads since moving here and a quick google is telling me this guy is insanely salty and mad and butt-devastated and sucks. good picture.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Spiteski posted:

All the friends who I didn't discuss politics with are now expressing their anger at tonight.
Turns out a lot of my friends are temporarily embarrassed millionaires, or straight up just dislike poors (of which I am one, so by extensions hate me)

:smith:

Just tell them that everything will be alright the next generation will sort out any issues that may arise

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Just tell them that everything will be alright the next generation will sort out any issues that may arise

I don't want my kids to have to do that. :/

The best one is the friends that bought a teeny weeny 2 bedroom house 1h(1h20m in traffic) out of auckland for 500k and voted nats because "we fought our rear end off to get onto the ladder, and Labour just wants to hand everyone else everything for free, everyone else should have to work as hard".
Like. What even is the thought process.

I think I bitched about them around election time aswell, but they're vocal again tonight and it's making me sad-angry.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

He works fast though

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Luceid posted:

i've never paid attention to any talking heads since moving here and a quick google is telling me this guy is insanely salty and mad and butt-devastated and sucks. good picture.
Actually listening to Mike Hosking is awful. Listen to comedians making fun of him instead.

SurreptitiousMuffin fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 19, 2017

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Spiteski posted:

I don't want my kids to have to do that. :/

The best one is the friends that bought a teeny weeny 2 bedroom house 1h(1h20m in traffic) out of auckland for 500k and voted nats because "we fought our rear end off to get onto the ladder, and Labour just wants to hand everyone else everything for free, everyone else should have to work as hard".
Like. What even is the thought process.

I think I bitched about them around election time aswell, but they're vocal again tonight and it's making me sad-angry.

There were two houses for sale on a section. They were exactly the same, other than one had a slightly larger section to account for the longer driveway. They were listed together at the same price.

A friend of a friend bought the front one as an investment rental.

Six months later they bought the rear house. In that time the house value had increased by almost 50k

Therefore the rear house has a higher rent than the front one even though they are the same.

They apparently said that maybe a capital gains tax wasn't such a bad idea after all.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

boy there's a lotta sexist babies on FB right now.

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
Greens going live in a minute. I'm looking forward to how quickly the Nats are going to cannibalise themselves. Bill English probably to resign/be pushed out by end of week I reckon.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Goddamn those HOSKINGWATCH pics are amazing

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
glad to be wrong

i've been out so need to catch up on the deets, but i think this is probably the best arrangement for the greens' future prospects? they're separate enough that they hopefully won't get tarred with all the bad stuff this government is going to do.

eat poo poo bill, 2 times a failure bicth 🖕

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

megalodong posted:

boy there's a lotta sexist babies on FB right now.
Screencap this poo poo and share it. After all this stress and all this wait, we're allowed a little schadenfreude.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Wandle Cax posted:

Hopefully the people who voted nats bc of the tax scaremongering will realise that was all bs and they aren't actually getting taxed to oblivion, and this is going pretty well and they'll have solid support next time.

i hope they get taxed to oblivion lol

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Screencap this poo poo and share it. After all this stress and all this wait, we're allowed a little schadenfreude.

If you go on facebook and find the Franklin (NZ) Grapevine page. There is a monster of a page of schadenfreude. I highly recommend it

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Prepare for three years of coalition of chaos headlines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Some of the stuff there. I can't be hosed blocking the names, but it's on a freely joinable public page (not my own private feed). mods, if that's an issue, just delete this post

• Locked thread