Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Gearhead posted:

Fandaniel identified the problem. But as the Seat of Phantomology it logically would've fallen to Lahabrea to do the designs. And Zodiark's statue appears IN The Words of Lahabrea during the Academia dungeon.

As a note, I just realized another oddity in that warding sign.

The Council is associated with the color red, for their masks, except Azem, who is associated with gold, perhaps in association with the sun.

But what is up with this funky blue-purple color on that ward? This is not a color I normally associate with the Ancients. That's the color of magic associated with Voidsent and Dalamud Cults.

Probably like how Venat does shining blue wards/glyphs Lahabrea has purple. Or Athena as she was in charge of Pandemonium before him.

The Red is specifically the Ascians/Convocation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Lord_Magmar posted:

Probably like how Venat does shining blue wards/glyphs Lahabrea has purple. Or Athena as she was in charge of Pandemonium before him.

The Red is specifically the Ascians/Convocation.

I'm wondering if symbols are personalized to the person. At least somewhat. Venat's symbolism is slightly different from the Azem who became us, but seems to share elements.

This is one of those things we don't have a lot of info on.

This is all derived from the design language of the Occuria, which we don't have a huge sampling of outside of the Espers.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

people talk about being tired of the christian rock but jfc am i tired of the sharlayan night theme

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Badger of Basra posted:

people talk about being tired of the christian rock but jfc am i tired of the sharlayan night theme

you monster

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Badger of Basra posted:

Another reason Radz-at-Han is the superior city.

I was so happy to hear the real music for that place, I'd all but given hope for my long-shot prediction of 'bhangra music, somewhere'.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Badger of Basra posted:

Insane. Top 5 music in Endwalker IMO

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Badger of Basra posted:

sharlayan night is great, sharlayan day sucks tho

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
sharlayan weather on the 8's is great music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZNMY4GA6PU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

kitten emergency posted:

sharlayan night is great, sharlayan day sucks tho

hmm but the opposite

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, waitaminute. The theme for the last boss in pandaemonium has a ton of references to the moon... but there never was a moon in the unsundered world.

I kinda wonder if the idea of a big orbiting body that could generate tides in the ocean was discussed in the words of mitron. They made skyfish, so its not inconceivable.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Pharohman777 posted:

Hey, waitaminute. The theme for the last boss in pandaemonium has a ton of references to the moon... but there never was a moon in the unsundered world.

I kinda wonder if the idea of a big orbiting body that could generate tides in the ocean was discussed in the words of mitron. They made skyfish, so its not inconceivable.

Are you suggesting that the Sahagin are Hydaelyn's real chosen people? Because come to think of it, they are the only spoken race whose whole life is influenced by the tides.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm just glad Radz-at-Han has way better music (and is a cooler city in general) than Eulmore

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cleretic posted:

Are you suggesting that the Sahagin are Hydaelyn's real chosen people? Because come to think of it, they are the only spoken race whose whole life is influenced by the tides.

Nah, just thinking out loud about if the idea for adding a moon to etheris was discussed in ancient society before the sundering.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

posts like this are exactly why we need to be more hateful in this thread

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Pharohman777 posted:

Nah, just thinking out loud about if the idea for adding a moon to etheris was discussed in ancient society before the sundering.

I imagine the idea didn't come from nowhere. They called the Moon Zodiark's 'Cradle' as well as his prison, perhaps they made the Moon as a site to build Zodiark so he had ready access to celestial aether currents.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Avynte posted:

sharlayan weather on the 8's is great music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZNMY4GA6PU

I love the music and I love this.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
You know what I just remembered I totally called, and am still kinda mad about?

Cleretic posted:

And there's a solid chance that we will never discuss the impossibility of Lunar Odin in the actual game despite this.

Cleretic posted:

Can't imagine why, but at this point I'm not optimistic that big questions and mysteries about something centered in the Shroud will get answered.

RIP Lunar Odin: we never learned your deal. Or the deal of any other mystery in the Shroud, despite opportunity.

(Incidentally, while finding those posts I did also find that I totally called 'the sound from the earth wasn't the cause of the End of Days, people just said that because it was the first sign of poo poo Going Bad', which I didn't remember.)

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Well, maybe we'll find something out yet.

Zantetsuken is of a class of weapons that we've only recently been introduced to properly, and they keep trying to forcefully make themselves more relevant. And the Black Shroud is quite literally where the religion of the Twelve was codified. We're probably at least going to START there.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I honestly wasn't feeling Pando much despite the fights being pretty good... but then I get to P4 where you fight loving Dracula to this glungy gothic rock song about psycho freaks and drat if my expectations are not dangerously high now. I want this to go maximum silly - go full Universal movie monsters and make Lahabrea Dr. Frankenstein, please.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Pigbuster posted:

I honestly wasn't feeling Pando much despite the fights being pretty good... but then I get to P4 where you fight loving Dracula to this glungy gothic rock song about psycho freaks and drat if my expectations are not dangerously high now. I want this to go maximum silly - go full Universal movie monsters and make Lahabrea Dr. Frankenstein, please.

Bad news, Endwalker already had a Dr. Frankenstein.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
My hope is that we get some really hosed up iconic FF monster chimera. Like a cactuar-malboro-bomb all stitched together.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there a chimera in the series other than mystic quest thats the only one i remember

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm gonna be honest, Labyrinthos Day didn't give the best first impression when the zone was first shown off, but once you get past the penis music intro, it goes pretty hard. Love those fiddles.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

in one of these threads people were talking about their fave/least fave dungeons in roulettes so since we're on it, instead let's talk about our favorite music for the following categories:

area (non-city) - labyrinthos day
area (city) - crystarium night
dungeon - ktisis hyperboreia
trial - not really a trial but I'm putting the version of flow with guitars here and you can't stop me
raid - eden leviathan
alliance raid - world of darkness (outside of battle)
other (conversation, situational, etc.) - starlight, starbright

sorry about my recency bias

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Super No Vacancy posted:

is there a chimera in the series other than mystic quest thats the only one i remember

Yes. Every single numbered game except XIII (though Lightning Returns has one) and XV has a chimera. XIV has a few, most notably the final boss to Cutter's Cry and the ARR relic trial.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
On the subject of MQ.

I would actually really like to hear The Primals take on some of the highlights of MQ's soundtrack because goddamn that game may not have been particularly deep, but the music was great.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

penis music

What?

Badger of Basra posted:

in one of these threads people were talking about their fave/least fave dungeons in roulettes so since we're on it, instead let's talk about our favorite music for the following categories:

I really like Blood on the Wind, postgame Radz-at-Han night+day, and The Black Wolf Stalks Again. Fiend and Sunrise rule also.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

area (non-city) - Amh Aareng day / Kholusia day
area (city) - Crystarium night
dungeon - The Burn / Lost City of Ampador (either or) / Great Gubal Library Hard
trial - Suzaku (Sunrise, the main phase)
raid - I actually kinda just like the calm exploration music for the first coil of bahamut, Primal Timbre... but also is it cheating if I include the O10 Midgardsormr theme even though it's not original to the raid?
alliance raid - The Weeping City of Mhach
other (conversation, situational, etc.) - Namazu Beast Tribe theme, or the Midgardsormr theme previously mentioned

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The Radz-at-Han music has a shoes-squeaking-on-floor sound intermittently and I can't stand being there after noticing it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4KNd0Yv6d0

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Gruckles posted:

The Radz-at-Han music has a shoes-squeaking-on-floor sound intermittently and I can't stand being there after noticing it.

Sharlayan music has some clicking sound that makes me wonder if something in my headphones or place is malfunctioning.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

the only new city theme that matters is radz-at-han (night)

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
area (non-city) - Landlords / Thav night.
area (city) - I am the Sea
dungeon - Riptide. Perfectly captures a ‘let’s go gently caress up some pirates’
trial - Nightbloom+Lunacy+Wayward Daughter or all the Shinryu related ones, Wyrm’s Tail and and the Endsinger’s.
raid - Return to Oblivion
alliance raid - Another here for Blind to the Dark
other (conversation, situational, etc.) - The ShB arrangement that plays while Elidibus is trapped.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Oh also the first zone theme to really pop out in my mind is Painted Foothills, the Dravanian Forelands theme. Loved that zone. Another one I really like is Fleeting Rays, which plays at the corrupted aether burst in Eastern Thanalan and in the Floating City of Nym in Outer La Noscea.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The chill guitar in the Sharlayan night theme is very good.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mordiceius posted:

The chill guitar in the Sharlayan night theme is very good.

yeah as someone who attended college in the early 2000s the flaccid jack johnson guitar melody is extremely on brand

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Toward the beginning of November, I asked people to give their predictions of what would happen in Endwalker. Let's see how we all did.

Mordiceius posted:

My guesses:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? Necron
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker? The Lifestream
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? The "Heart of the Crystal" basically, the heart of the planet.
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? Yes, Alphinaud and Gaius.
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die? No, I think everyone lives.
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? The Sound wasn't what caused the fall of Amaurot. "The Sound" was actually the Lifestream activating a purge of the planet and start over. I don't know. I tried to come up with something weird. Oooh. Maybe "The Sound" was actually the Vegnagun firing.
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? I could see them teasing Meracydia due to Tiamat or even the New World if they want to go do something very different.

I still think they should have put in the Vegnagun. Oh well, maybe next expansion.

Bruceski posted:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? *sigh* Zenos...
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker? Zodiark's imagined form of the unsundered world.
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? Crystal World
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? Alphinaud
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die? Thancred
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? Half the surviving Garleans are Emet-Selch clones ensouled in the chaos.
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? Tiamat arrives at Meracydia, we don't see it but she says "this is all wrong, what has happened here?"

Erwin the German posted:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? Whatever is making the Sound a thing.
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker? The Lifestream is a fun idea.
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? See above.
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? Y'shtola's a free bingo space, but Alphinaud as well.
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die? Thancred is also basically a free space at this point if anyone's gonna die, but I'll roll the dice on Urianger as well.
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? Hydaelyn is the moon, somehow.
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? My guess is Meracydia for sure.

Begemot posted:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? Zeromus
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker? Zeal
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? The core of This Star
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? Yes, Alphinaud
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die? Yes, Thancred
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? Loporrits co-existed with the Amaurotine and are unsundered.
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? Something involving the New World, or maybe a hint at visiting another reflection.

Gearhead posted:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? Some sort of 'fully realized' being born from eating Zodiark, Zeromus.
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker? The Lunar Core.
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? The heart of Zodiark's seal.
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? Nero.
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die? No.
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? G'raha's changing of the future has broken Sharlyan Astrology completely, the future is in flux.
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? Everyone is patting themselves on the back when a horrible keening begins to echo from below the ground.

sexpig by night posted:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? Zeromus
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker? Zodiark's prison
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? The Crystal World (or some variation)
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? Alphinaud
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die? No, but if I had to pick one I'd say Thancred has had a full arc and isn't 'iconic' enough to be irreplaceable
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? The Ancient Ones weren't the only...ancient ones, there's another race that didn't gently caress around with the primals and are functionally unsundered
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? Dragon tiiiiiiime, we fixed the Ascians, time to give the Dragons their home back and fix up Meracydia

hopeandjoy posted:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? Damned Daniel after he absorbs the essence of both Zodiark and Hydaelyn.
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker? The Lifestream, which is where all the crystal stuff is.
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? The Heart of the Star aka Hydaelyn and Zodiark themselves.
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? Yes, Alphinaud and Alisaie. gently caress it, throw Estinien in there too.
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die? No, but Alphinaud and Alisaie’s dad will die and they’ll expect us to feel sad for some reason.
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? I’m having trouble coming up with something that hasn’t been discussed to death but gently caress it, Urianger is a Convocation member. The twist is he’s genuinely on our side and is totally anti-Team Zodiark and anti-Team gently caress It Kill Em All.
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? We’re going to the New World (aka America) and/or Meracydia (aka Australia).

ImpAtom posted:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? Necron or something entirely original.
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker? The moon's interior.
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? The moon's interior.
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? The moon's interi.. err, wait. Probably Y'shtola.
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die? No.
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? Fandaniel isn't an Ascian but is instead a personification of some greater evil riding an Ascian soul around.
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? Other shards.

Rand Brittain posted:

Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? Zeromus, or more probably, Zenomis, who is Zenos piloting Zodiark like a purple Gundam.
What is the final zone of Endwalker? They might call it anything, but it's gonna be Zeal.
What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? It might look like anything, but it's fancy no-spoiler name will be The Will of the Star.
Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? Like somebody said, Y'shtola is finally gonna Flow without mishap.
Will any of the Scions actually die? Heck no.
What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? The Twelve make a personal appearance, because they're totes real, and the raid is going to go into their history before they become the 6.1 plot.
Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? See above.

Cleretic posted:

Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? Zodiark to keep the trend of 'fight a famous big scary FF icon', but there's like, three extra layers of weird to the point where you don't really think of it as just 'versus Zodiark'.
What is the final zone of Endwalker? An underground Ancient construction on the moon. They won't call it the Lunar Subterrane, but it's the Lunar Subterrane.
What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? An Ancient building that's somehow related to a big lorebomb in such a way that nobody can reasonably predict. Like how Amaurot was an unpredictable turn for Shadowbringers pre-release.
Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? Alphinaud and Alisaie, in the same scene.
Will any of the Scions actually die? Chances of death are so low that we're more likely to leave Endwalker with more Scions, not less.
What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? Fandaniel has a split personality, and the one that's not the Ascian tells us about Amaurot's dark side that didn't get mentioned by the Lady of Light or any Ascians before. I can't decide if it's either 'slave underclass' or some kind of horrifying overreaching government control, but either way, it provides the setting of the final dungeon.
Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? Castle Pandaemonium emerges through a mountain range near either Garlemald or Thavnair. They wouldn't already be setting up the next expansion, but they do set up the eight-player raids after the final fight.

Mister Olympus posted:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? Zodiark Prime
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker? Lunar Subterrane
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? the body of Hydaelyn and Zodiark themselves. I bet they're huge and will serve as both dungeon and boss, leading to Zodiark Prime as the trial
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? The twins
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die? Thancred and Urianger, the voice actor gave it away
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? Going out on a loving limb here: the planet Omega came from is future Earth after humans discovered that they're the only magicless beings in the universe
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? We've already seen it, it's Vritra taking us to Meracydia after he's done with the Final Days

FuturePastNow posted:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? The Sound or the creator of The Sound. Which is in...
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker? Trial in Hell. The Underworld. Like an anti-lifestream where souls too corrupted to reincarnate get stuck.
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? Pathway to the above, probably deep under Lake Silvertear.
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? The twins early on, and you, the WoL, near the end.
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die? I'm going to say Thancred and Urianger since I think their stories are done.
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? Purple Crystal... good? Or at least not evil in any conventional sense.
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? I don't think 6.0 itself will end with a tease of future story, that will come starting with 6.1. But I think 7.0 will be us teaching the Echo-havers how to hop between shards and taking a team to enlighten the 13th like the role quests teased.

mightygerm posted:

Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? Zeromus, likely controlled in some form by Zenos
What is the final zone of Endwalker? Aetherial Sea / underneath Silvertear Lake
What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? Crystal world
Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? Going by FFIV, the twins.
Will any of the Scions actually die? lmao no
What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? Tons of possibilities. Zodiark actually helping us against the final days is something I'm hoping happens. Also the Sharalyan fallout bunker being some long-con involved with the ancients somehow. Also omega is involved in the story in some capacity.
Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? There's been so many hints towards Mercyadia.

Nessus posted:

Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker?: Some kind of death-drive entity, possibly Fandaniel's final form. I suspect it may be from the Void.)
What is the final zone of Endwalker? "Inside the Lifestream" in some fashion, either the aetherial sea or some kind of Special Crystal Mom Zone.
What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? The Heart of the Star
Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? Definitely the twins, possibly we ourselves.
Will any of the Scions actually die? I suspect Thancred will go out historic in some form. I also suspect at least some supporting cast to die; Matoya is due, and she even has a mcguffin.
What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? I think we are going to find out the depths of Ascian interference in a lot of things as well as the history of Sharlayan, and I think the idea that Sharlayan is kind of being set up to be a 'Amaurot in miniature' is going to prove to be accuracy. If I had to guess the actual twist: the Ascians promised Sharlayan's scholars that they will be the seed of a new world, but their actual intentions were more like "their secret lifeboat will greatly accelerate recovery from calamities." Proving this may be a lot of what gets them off the Fence. (We will probably deck the Twins' dad unless he kowtows in apology of his own free will, though.)
Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? We will go to Meracydia but we will also receive a clear reason other than 'that's what's up next,' such as evidence of that being a place where the Ascians manufactured things or some poo poo.

Qwertycoatl posted:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? Some kind of physical embodiment of the universe's laws
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker? The floating islands
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? The crystal dimension
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? Alphinaud and WoL
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die? No I think the optional sidequests in previous expansions give them plot armour
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? The important people in Sharlayan have been researching a way to unsunder themselves
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? New World, we'll fly past it as the dragon takes us away from the endboss back to town

Farg posted:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? some sort of mega-daniel, it'll get called Necron
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker? Lifestream
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? That terrible dark orb death stranding beach
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? Twins death fakeout, urianger for real death
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die? Yes
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? Whatever the Sound was part of a natural cycle of death/rebirth for the world
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? Rejoined world full of adventure and possibility and danger

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? - FFXIV equivalent of Zemus, as in the personification of the hatred of someone.
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker? - The floating islands given how even showing anything of them is a spoiler.
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? - The Heart of Hydaleyn/Zodiark or the Memoria-looking zone on the trailer
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? - The twins and Y'shtola because come on she has to do it once per expansion.
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die? - No, but someone might leave the Scions for good, maybe Alphinaud taking a political role or Thrancred/Y'shtola retiring.
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? - Zodiark and Hydaleyn will fuse and become the full Will of the Star that solves the End of Days because they are no longer a primal but like a full entity. Also Cid and Nero will finally smooch and marry.
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? - The WoL is just Getting Over All This poo poo and decides to make a journey towards Meracrydia or the New World, so Endwalker ends with them on a ship to wherever they go.

SirPhoebos posted:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? - Zeromus
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker? - The moon
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? - Crystal World
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? - Tataru.
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die? - No
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? - The moon has stable portals to all the shards.
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? - Blue-haired Garlean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

Rosalind posted:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? Hydaelyn's heart when she becomes unchecked after defeating Zodiark in the level 87/89 trial
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker? A massive, still populated Allagan research complex inside the moon
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? Hydaelyn
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? Alphinaud spacespacespace
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die? No spacespacespacespace
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? Hydaelyn has been manipulating the WoL to destroy Zodiark so that she may usher in her own version of a utopia (which is also not good)
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? No tease in 6.0 but patch content teases a much more grounded story focused on dragon politics in Meracydia

Chillgamesh posted:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? Fandaniel, who we have to defeat in order to make Mom and Dad stop fighting. Edit: I could also see Venat/the Lady of Light being involved in this actually
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker? The Rift / the space beyond dimensions. The realm of Hydaelyn and Zodiark.
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? The last moments of our Final Days. The Realm of the Gods bleeding into reality and pulling it apart.
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? Alphinaud and Alisaie at the same time. I could also see Y'shtola "dying" by offering her soul/body as a vessel for an Ancient in exchange for power, though this would be a temporary thing or at least they'd be sharing and the Ancient won't have completely overwritten her. The Ancient would also probably be, you know, a good guy. Maybe not Hythlodaeus but a Hythlodaeus type
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die? Maybe Alphinaud and Alisaie, but probably Thancred and maybe Estinien or Urianger. Could definitely see this as happening at the same time as the last one, where Alphinaud and Alisaie start to Noble Sacrifice but Thancred and Urianger or Estinien steal their glory at the last moment.
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? The true power of the Echo will be revealed and the WoL will use it briefly to do some truly wild extradimensional poo poo. This power will be lost when Hydaelyn and Zodiark are put to rest at the end of the story
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? I think the 6.0 ending is probably gonna go on a victory lap/farewell tour that is gonna make 5.3's look brief in comparison. Whichever major characters (if any) are going to stick around in 7.0 will probably bring up the beginnings of the new plot in that time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I still can't believe the number of people who thought we weren't gonna resolve the disaster that befell the ancients this expansion

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

I still can't believe the number of people who thought we weren't gonna resolve the disaster that befell the ancients this expansion

It's real fun to go around that point in the thread and see how wrong we all were.

I was convinced that we would either be dealing with "The Sound" during the MSQ, and if not, it would be the subject of the 8man raid. But I also thought we would fight Necron (and I mean, you could argue Meteion has some thematic similarities to Necron).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Thematic and also kind of a similarly late introduction to the story. I did expect we'd fight and kill Zodiark before the story then have to deal with the Final Days, but man I am still surprised at just how fast Night On Bald Mountain died.

edit: Oh hey I even drew a comparison between Fandaniel and Kuja. Should've thought that one all the way through

TGLT fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 25, 2021