Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Mailer posted:

My experiences with chat in general have either been Xbox Tactical Commander barking orders in some dumb pubbie mission or people addicted to text chatting in a game I don't play with a keyboard. That's not so much these days, when the bulk of the chat is hitting up SPC and typing "r" then never touching the keyboard again.

Though my most recent chat experience is playing Hydroid and having someone say "Oh god my eyes", which I took for approval and license to spam 1 harder.

I don’t even type “r”. I will go stand by the portal and that’s how you know I’m ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I took a break and came back to some people in netracells and EDA talking. But it's rare. Sometimes I talk just to spook people.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Viral is better than everything else at increasing damage and Glaxion can cap stacks in under a second. Just run Viral + Hunter Munitions or Viral + Heat. Magnetic or heat progenitor (magnetic is more flexible). Shred and Bane mods get good value.

If you want to use the nightwave mod then it's either a pure utility weapon where the damage isn't worth optimizing or you're always running green shards and Nourish to make it do damage.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

90% of the chat I've seen is folks going "woah, nice" in text chat when getting rare relic rewards

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

gnoma posted:

Viral is better than everything else at increasing damage and Glaxion can cap stacks in under a second. Just run Viral + Hunter Munitions or Viral + Heat. Magnetic or heat progenitor (magnetic is more flexible). Shred and Bane mods get good value.

If you want to use the nightwave mod then it's either a pure utility weapon where the damage isn't worth optimizing or you're always running green shards and Nourish to make it do damage.

If we're going to get into the nitty gritty, on steel path >200 atm, grinner or corrupted, full stripping with green shards starts at about a 4.25x damage effective DPS increase and rises up to several thousand times, while viral is only valuable if you're already stripping or are using slash or heat as the scaling damage source. Even without green shards, 8 procs on corrosive heat builds tend to be more a effective DPS increase on enemies in the early steel path range where the remaining armor isn't yet enough to suppress the effective increase in DPS.

Yes, I know, viral is king poo poo because it increases heat and slash proc damage in a self-contained way, but there's a reason a lot (and I mean a lot) of content creators now create "casual" steel path weapons that run corrosive heat or corrosive cold. Even a single viral proc from some other priming source does the job of doubling health damage and you'd need nine more procs of it to gain another ~50% boost over that initial proc's value, while corrosive works for everything that isn't endurance. And hell, it works in endurance if you're running the green shards lol

Like, you're right that viral/HM will work, but there are far more ways to mod weapons these days, and you might as well play into the gimmick of this one. Run the augment, it's fun!

If you don't want to, I'd argue that there are already many better options, even in the beam weapon space. You could get a Torid incarnon and forget about the rest of Warframe, right?

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful
Note that I'm not writing this to go hard on gnoma, nothing said there was incorrect, and their arguments are sound about optimal loadouts.

But Warframe is easy. The game is complex, but once you have access to the right mods and resources, almost everything can be made to scale to level cap. You have an overwhelming number of tools to solve basically every problem.

For me, modding a weapon with a unique augment is about getting a unique tool or a unique experience that works well in a mostly self-contained way, instead of hewing to a specific loadout structure that generically works and has no realistic chance of being uprooted. That's why I'm arguing for corrosive cold and primary frostbite for fun, instead of running viral hunter munitions on the Nth crit viable primary, and it's why I usually don't ever outsource viral to nourish unless I'm playing Grendel. I want there to some some challenge or interesting structure to my gameplay, or I will get bored of this game.

I've poured 2.6k hours into Warframe. I'm gonna use the augments because they can tickle a beat out of my cold dead heart.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Prop Wash posted:

I don’t even type “r”. I will go stand by the portal and that’s how you know I’m ready.

Same.

Usually I don't end up chatting in pub missions, no need for it. Sometimes I'll compliment somebody's landing craft on the loading screen or I have to ask people to slow down in void fissures until everybody gets all their reactant.

I sit around in Q&A to answer questions for newer players and there's plenty of chat there, if anything I think crossplay has made it go way too fast, and that's not counting the periodic person who seems invested in wasting people's time by spamming the channel or trying to troll by asking frustration questions about content they already mastered long ago.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I'm running green sharts instead

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Zooloo posted:

Note that I'm not writing this to go hard on gnoma, nothing said there was incorrect, and their arguments are sound about optimal loadouts.

But Warframe is easy. The game is complex, but once you have access to the right mods and resources, almost everything can be made to scale to level cap. You have an overwhelming number of tools to solve basically every problem.

For me, modding a weapon with a unique augment is about getting a unique tool or a unique experience that works well in a mostly self-contained way, instead of hewing to a specific loadout structure that generically works and has no realistic chance of being uprooted. That's why I'm arguing for corrosive cold and primary frostbite for fun, instead of running viral hunter munitions on the Nth crit viable primary, and it's why I usually don't ever outsource viral to nourish unless I'm playing Grendel. I want there to some some challenge or interesting structure to my gameplay, or I will get bored of this game.

I've poured 2.6k hours into Warframe. I'm gonna use the augments because they can tickle a beat out of my cold dead heart.

Yeah, I'm closing in on 4k hours and figuring out how to get the augments to play ball is part of the fun. I ended up quite impressed with the Ocucor after the augment. I was also surprised at how effective the Sporothrix is with its. Dumb gimmicks are the heart and soul of what makes Warframe fun.

My go-tos are reload/mag on Felarx and base-combo on the Wolf Sledge. The former might actually be somewhat meta on the gun, but playing with the Felarx's fire rate is a good time. I also built a 7-status Akbronco Prime for the hell of it. It's not good by any stretch, but it IS stupid.

I do like Nourish, but mostly blended with frames where it can goose powers like on Gara or Mesa. Hell, my running around Wisp has Golden Instinct instead. My favorite stupid Helminth play was putting Vial Rush on my Avalanche Frost. Just dash on in and hit 4.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Diggity, I haven't played this game in like 7 years. Its fun as hell, and its performing and looking better on my machine than nearly every new game I've picked up in 2024. I remember not understanding the movement system at all last time I played this, but I guess more mobility tech in more modern games means that my brain is comprehending the movement system almost automatically.

Is Goonframe still a thing?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Potato Salad posted:

Diggity, I haven't played this game in like 7 years. Its fun as hell, and its performing and looking better on my machine than nearly every new game I've picked up in 2024. I remember not understanding the movement system at all last time I played this, but I guess more mobility tech in more modern games means that my brain is comprehending the movement system almost automatically.

Is Goonframe still a thing?

Game is probably in the best shape it's ever been, with more good things coming. The goon clan and discord are still extremely active.

You can even play Warframe on your phone, if you're a sadist and want to ruin the experience of everyone who ends up with you as session host.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Is it worth opening all the crates and lockers during missions?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Not especially, unless you're really hurting for a particular resource available in that region

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a box breaker build was nice for farming lanthorns, but you don't really need to do that any more now that labs exist.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
What is the deal with bonus rewards in Railjack void storms? I did a run with no relic, finished all the objectives, and got no bonus reward. Is that just a thing that happens sometimes, or did I miss something? Wiki says you can do those missions without using a relic and still get a chance at Sevagoth parts and such.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Some mission types like that have really poorly telegraphed drops. Including bounties for the new faction. You just have to trust you're getting it cause if you get a common like endo, it just looks like a normal thing you got in mission

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

a box breaker build was nice for farming lanthorns, but you don't really need to do that any more now that labs exist.

Specifically those loot goblin Gruzzles or whatever, drop a 3x pack of Lanthorn about a third of the time, and that can be resource-boosted to 6x. I have like 200 of them now even with spending some daily on Voca and Plumes. You also get 1x Lanthorne as a guaranteed drop from Netracells which can be boosted, and Elite Deep Archimedia gives a 3x pack are a guaranteed mid-mission reward (which is not boostable)

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I have it at last. The mythical Badd Gann.

(52% toxin, so it's actually quite a Good Gann)

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

SkyeAuroline posted:

Bit judgey there, eh?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

SkyeAuroline posted:

So.....aoe virus primer?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
How are folks building their Tenet Glaxions?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Kesper North posted:

In the foundry

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

temple posted:

In the foundry

That's not true they are only claimed there. No building required.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Kesper North posted:

Generic Viral + Hunter Munitions: https://overframe.gg/build/668962/
Combos toxin progenitor with innate cold for easy viral and is the most broadly applicable option, no external buffs required.

Electric or Heat status dps: https://overframe.gg/build/668226/
Uses elec or heat progenitor. To make it really work you need to run external elemental buffs, the innate cold creates poor status weighting otherwise. Shock Trooper for electric, Thermal Transfer for heat.

Corrosive + Cold with Photon Overcharge: https://overframe.gg/build/668968/
Magnetic (or radiation or toxin) progenitor for gunCO priming. Really wants external viral application from Nourish or a companion to work well and ideally 2 green shards for full strip. Best option for using the nightwave mod and could be the go to if corrosive ends up stronger after the upcoming armor strip changes hit. Bane mod is optimal, but can be replaced with Hunter Munitions or Radiated Reload.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Filthy Haiku posted:

Bit judgey there, eh?

I've got Odd Sokk

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
imo the best way to build the tenet glaxion is for CO. with a magnetic base you can easily get four elements on it (malignant force + high voltage for corrosive, base magnetic, base cold, radiated reload for rad) which lets you deal with any faction straight up. then you can use something like a diriga as another status hose for heat/viral. it's also going to get stronger with the status rework improving cold and reducing the top end of armor.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023
I would like a Bigg Sipp Happy Meal plz

with an extra side of kuva... and death!!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Anticheese posted:

I've got Odd Sokk

I've been keeping a dogshit kuva kraken around for the longest time purely because it's from Anim Egg, the anime egg

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Best I've got is the get 'em kuva zarr.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

chumbler posted:

:allears:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

chumbler posted:

I'm starting to wonder if Warframe is a decade-long elaborate shitpost gag.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

I may have cheated this one with plat renaming because I use it all the time and the original name was boring yet I still wanted a vaguely lich-sounding name

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 20, 2024

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Potato Salad posted:

Oh no

it's at least 11 years at this point.

oh and dont forget immature innuendos

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Potato Salad posted:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

gnoma posted:

Generic Viral + Hunter Munitions: https://overframe.gg/build/668962/
Combos toxin progenitor with innate cold for easy viral and is the most broadly applicable option, no external buffs required.

Electric or Heat status dps: https://overframe.gg/build/668226/
Uses elec or heat progenitor. To make it really work you need to run external elemental buffs, the innate cold creates poor status weighting otherwise. Shock Trooper for electric, Thermal Transfer for heat.

Corrosive + Cold with Photon Overcharge: https://overframe.gg/build/668968/
Magnetic (or radiation or toxin) progenitor for gunCO priming. Really wants external viral application from Nourish or a companion to work well and ideally 2 green shards for full strip. Best option for using the nightwave mod and could be the go to if corrosive ends up stronger after the upcoming armor strip changes hit. Bane mod is optimal, but can be replaced with Hunter Munitions or Radiated Reload.

i missed prime bane of grineer :smithicide: holding out for tennocon

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Kesper North posted:

i missed prime bane of grineer :smithicide: holding out for tennocon

you could simply buy it for plat like a chump.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Or just not use it, I never use any of them because I'm too lazy to pay attention to what faction I'm fighting and I have never noticed the problem.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I also never use bane mods.

I'm certain they're great and optimal but I like a more set it and forget it modding approach. If I need to take something specific for a particular faction on SP or Archimedea or whatever I'll just swap gear and keep things fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Yeah I always either just slap in the generic +damage mod to help get merciless running or slot in a Quality of Life mod instead of using Banes. With 5 factions now that's just too much work