Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Does the Flagellant's restoration skill not benefit from +healing trinkets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
you know I thought I was prepared to face off against the crocodile everyone was talking about...

bringing a vestal and leper combo was a very bad idea

I somehow won thanks to the vestal hitting death's door over ten times (got an achievement for it!) with her finally dying due to a heart attack...

the battle finally ended with only my bloodlusted leper at deaths door being alive getting a massive 25 crit :v:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Desperate Character posted:

you know I thought I was prepared to face off against the crocodile everyone was talking about...

bringing a vestal and leper combo was a very bad idea

I somehow won thanks to the vestal hitting death's door over ten times (got an achievement for it!) with her finally dying due to a heart attack...

the battle finally ended with only my bloodlusted leper at deaths door being alive getting a massive 25 crit :v:

This is ridiculously close to my own experience, complete with my Vestal taking 4 or 5 death's door hits:

Only real difference is that my leper got out without catching the curse :cool: And I renamed him Prince Crococide after the mission.

Papal Infallibility
May 7, 2008

Stay Down Champion Stay Down
Exactly how long does it take before the infestation level becomes high enough that you will start seeing the mobs that drop invitations? I swear I've done like 6 missions and it's still low everywhere.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
there was a bug with the infection level not going up (or going up too slowly...) that was supposedly fixed with last night's hotfix

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i like it when the bone defender does his dead weight attack on a riposting man-at-arms, cause then you get ~*sHiElD wArZ*~

Makaris
May 4, 2009

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I didn't come up with it, but I did see it here first. I like the duality of it, that there is a force of unrestrained life, chaos and creation and a counterbalancing force of order and cleansing destruction. Neither can be said to be particularly benevolent, and left unchecked would likely both lead to something equivalent to extinction. I think I'm probably reading a fair bit into the Holy Flame stuff, since there isn't very much there at all. But I think the connection between the eldritch horror and its ability to manipulate life and flesh is pretty well supported.

It was me! Well, I don't know if I was the first, but I think I was the first to raise it in the thread. Mostly from how the monsters are weakened in the presence of light and that holy characters gotta be getting it from somewhere. I also noted that it appeared that the occultist was using a flame to harness / corral the Eldritch Powers.

Still haven't had a chance to play. :( Was entertaining Monday and found out the wifey hadn't seen Willow Tuesday. Warwick Davis Wins out evertim.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Makaris posted:

Still haven't had a chance to play. :(

hell, same

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Just picked up the base game last night, played for about 2 hours and I love it. Is it worth buying the expansion now? I feel like I'm gonna be putting in a lot more time with this and maybe I should just have all the content from the start.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
yeah the expansion isn't really post-game content, so for best results you should have it on from the start

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Popete posted:

Just picked up the base game last night, played for about 2 hours and I love it. Is it worth buying the expansion now? I feel like I'm gonna be putting in a lot more time with this and maybe I should just have all the content from the start.

100% yes, the expansion content is meant to played throughout the entire campaign and you're going to miss out on a lot of the expansion experience if you tackle it with a lategame/postgame save.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Papal Infallibility posted:

Exactly how long does it take before the infestation level becomes high enough that you will start seeing the mobs that drop invitations? I swear I've done like 6 missions and it's still low everywhere.

It was around week 20 for me, no idea about any hotfix changes.

Does anyone know how the Courtyard's Bloodlight interacts with light level trinkets? I just picked up the Ancestor's Torch, now I wonder if it actually does anything there.

Edit: Apparently, it works.

Hannibal Rex fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 21, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

This file I'm trying to pay a lot of attention to traits, which I normally don't. Instead of rushing building upgrades I'm trending to my people and trying to make investments. I got an early antiquer so I have money for days to lock traits with.
It'll be interesting to see if it pans out

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Soup du Journey posted:

yeah the expansion isn't really post-game content, so for best results you should have it on from the start

Straight White Shark posted:

100% yes, the expansion content is meant to played throughout the entire campaign and you're going to miss out on a lot of the expansion experience if you tackle it with a lategame/postgame save.

Cool, thanks. Just picked up the expansion, I'll probably start over tonight as I'm still very early.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

This file I'm trying to pay a lot of attention to traits, which I normally don't. Instead of rushing building upgrades I'm trending to my people and trying to make investments. I got an early antiquer so I have money for days to lock traits with.
It'll be interesting to see if it pans out

:same:

It helps that the antiquarian works well with new best friend flagellant

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I slapped it on around week 30 and it's been fine so far. Even better, maybe. Can deal with the blood-wants and the maluses the Courtyard gives much better with a decent bullpen.

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Size does matter, after all.
Occultist bled out on the same round that the rest of the party killed off the crocodile. I'd be annoyed, but the idiot whiffed three heals in a row and, frankly, did no longer inspire confidence in hos abillities.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Oh, that's the first I've heard about their combo. So, she redirects damage with "Protect Me," and he gets stronger when he receives damage? Sounds great.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Antiquarian has always worked well in the front with highway man to pile more attacks onto his riposte, provided you have a healer of course

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

:same:

I didn't buy the dlc yet. I never beat the game so I'm seeing if the changes to the base help me enjoy it more before I throw more money at it.

Everytime I bring on a grave robber and just never use them. I know she's good but I reach for anyone else first for damage, as they have some other utility gimmick too usually

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Everytime I bring on a grave robber and just never use them. I know she's good but I reach for anyone else first for damage, as they have some other utility gimmick too usually

Grave Robber is good at musical chairs. She pairs well with the MAA and HWM. Lunge, shadow fade, duelist's advance, point blank shot and rampart all work well together. The Vestal sits at the back shaking her head as the rest of the party do their Jester impressions.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Has anyone tried the second courtyard mission? I'm sick of high level infestation (they won't stop handing me invitations) but after my crocodile rock misadventures, I'm scared to go in without maxed level 4s. How boned will I be if I bring in level 3s?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Sparticle posted:

Has anyone tried the second courtyard mission? I'm sick of high level infestation (they won't stop handing me invitations) but after my crocodile rock misadventures, I'm scared to go in without maxed level 4s. How boned will I be if I bring in level 3s?

It's meant to be completed in chunks. I don't know what the boss is like, but you should be fine to go in there with 3s to start working at it.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Is the courtyard just like, four separate missions? Or is it an area to be played and played again like the other areas? I just did the crocodile mission last night, and it lied about the mission length then gave me a boss that brought 3 of us to death's door a bunch of times (vestal, occultist, grave robber) while the hellion bled that motherfucker down.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Thrown dagger is excellent, she's a crit monster. She has a great combination of good speed and burst damage, so you can OHKO a stress dealer right away. Lunge is also pretty good and meshes well with Duelists advance or holy lance.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Does anyone have an idea which resistance is checked by the crimson curse, assuming the chance isn't completely random? Disease or bleed?

I've tried tackling the courtyard with 4 cursed heroes to avoid new infections, but they go through blood THE BLOOD! really fast.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It's listed in diseases, so I'd imagine disease resist.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
So i've run into two things that seem poorly explained, one seemingly on purpose and one definitely not

The on purpose one: How is the crimson curse cured?

The definitely not on purpose one: I know how to feed blood to characters in missions but how do I do it in town? I've got peeps starving while I stare at menus wondering how to feed them.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

LordAbaddon posted:

So i've run into two things that seem poorly explained, one seemingly on purpose and one definitely not

The on purpose one: How is the crimson curse cured?

The definitely not on purpose one: I know how to feed blood to characters in missions but how do I do it in town? I've got peeps starving while I stare at menus wondering how to feed them.

From what I can tell you need to progress through the court missions to cure the curse.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to manually feed THE BLOOD to people in town, but supposedly if they are about to die they will automatically take a sip from the stockpile if you have any.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Panfilo posted:

Thrown dagger is excellent, she's a crit monster. She has a great combination of good speed and burst damage, so you can OHKO a stress dealer right away. Lunge is also pretty good and meshes well with Duelists advance or holy lance.

Yeah I know she does those things. I prefer the Arbalest for artillery, and I think shift 2 is awkward. I finally got a crusade with holy lance so maybe I'll bring her with shadow whatever

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Yeah, they will use Blood automatically in town, assuming you have some in store.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
They mention in the log when your hero took care of their thirst.

I'm not sure how long they can keep soldiering on when wasting during a mission,though . I had a good Hellion drop from craving to wasting during a mission. I fought a mosquito encounter and a room battle hoping to get a Vial (I forgot to bring any) and decided to err on the side of caution about risking her dying on me.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Between The Blood and Invitations my inventory is getting seriously overtaxed now, and I haven't even bothered with Laudanum yet. The only enemy using Horror I've encountered so far is the ghoul.

They should really consider adding two more inventory slots, or at least increasing the stack size for food, torches and heirlooms.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What does Laudanum do?

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Night10194 posted:

What does Laudanum do?

Cures Horror, the stress-over-time effect that the cove's Squify Ghast (and alledgedly other) enemy inflicts. I haven't found any curios that use it.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Hannibal Rex posted:

Between The Blood and Invitations my inventory is getting seriously overtaxed now, and I haven't even bothered with Laudanum yet. The only enemy using Horror I've encountered so far is the ghoul.

They should really consider adding two more inventory slots, or at least increasing the stack size for food, torches and heirlooms.

Like you said, it's weird that the DLC introduces new inventory items, but apparently doesn't expand upon the game's tiny existing inventory?

Agreed, why isn't there a district/town upgrade for increased pack size? Or pay for an upgrade to make stack sizes larger, seems like an easy enough solution.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Simple yes or no confirmation: is there any sort of penalty to dismissing someone with the crimson curse, other than obviously losing the hero?

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Cures Horror, the stress-over-time effect that the cove's Squify Ghast (and alledgedly other) enemy inflicts. I haven't found any curios that use it.

The ghoul's howl uses it now as well. It actually does less stress damage than the old one though so its actually better for you, even if you don't have any laundaum.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Does anyone else have crashing problems now? My game hard locks after every fight if I mouse over the spoils.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken posted:

Simple yes or no confirmation: is there any sort of penalty to dismissing someone with the crimson curse, other than obviously losing the hero?
Been a couple months now and nothing's happened to my town.

Another hotfix, btw. This time nerfing the croc and increasing blood and invite drops. Bumped up the infestation rate too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Levelling question: I thought level 3 was the hero level on which they refuse to go on baby tier quests, but I was wrong because I sent a bunch of level 3's on a level 1 quest yesterday.

What's the deal?