Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yug posted:

It was loving horrible. The ending was some of the most laughable most terrible poo poo I've ever seen.

Agree with your second point, not so much with your first.
BVS would definitely fall into the loving terrible category for me.
WW was like a 2.5 star movie with a 0-star ending

reignofevil posted:

Idk what "the level of praise" wonder woman got was, I guess a bunch?

93% on Rotten Tomatoes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
I'm starting to get hyped about this movie just so I can see how hard it falls on its face at the end. I'm hoping it reaches DING DING DING levels.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

vermin posted:

I'm starting to get hyped about this movie just so I can see how hard it falls on its face at the end. I'm hoping it reaches DING DING DING levels.

I mean it's bad the whole way through but the end it just reaches a whole new level.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The very very end is like basically the end of Matrix 3 where Neo and Agent Smith have a flying anime energy fight, It's super bad, but the rest of the film more than makes up for it since that's only like 10 minutes or so.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I'm curious to see this bad ending in action.

Zmej posted:

hillel, birthright, and other college based jewish organizations serve the sole purpose of making sure nice jewish boys and girls have sex with and marry other nice jewish boys and girls. disclaimer, I am a jew.

I'm sure some folks must really like the mixer aspect of it, but I know my friend wasn't too impressed with it (since she's gay).

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

People disliked all teh fighting in Man of Steel as well but I loved it. It was like, the only good part of that movie. The smallville fight was cool and the proper way to do DBZ style fights

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Yug posted:

lmfao

Corporate PR says I have to like this or I'm a misogynist so it was really good, so good I was almost able to stand being in the theater the whole movie.

You're a misogynist for other reasons already though, why not fly your freak flag high?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Zmej posted:

hillel, birthright, and other college based jewish organizations serve the sole purpose of making sure nice jewish boys and girls have sex with and marry other nice jewish boys and girls. disclaimer, I am a jew.

i thought they also tried to get you to move to israel, although i guess that might be implicit

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Yug posted:

lmfao

Corporate PR says I have to like this or I'm a misogynist so it was really good, so good I was almost able to stand being in the theater the whole movie.

Why are you taking time out of your day to care about what "corporate PR" says?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A woman already directed a good comic book movie and it was called Punisher Warzone and it loving owned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g0bmCPFsi8

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I knew what I needed to when my sister told me she was going to force me to watch Wonder Woman. She also forced me to watch Ghostbusters 2016 and then was angry when I thought it loving sucked.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
There are way too many tepid takes repeating "Wonder Woman, Rey Jedi, Ghostbusters" but rearranging the words and the problem with that is Ghostbusters tanked HARD and pretty much everyone hated it except for people who cared way too much about the fake controversy.

And the kicker is Imperator Furiosa is way more awesome than all of them but is always left out.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

A woman already directed a good comic book movie and it was called Punisher Warzone and it loving owned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g0bmCPFsi8

I loving LOVE that movie

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Veskit posted:

I loving LOVE that movie

Yeah I didn't appreciate it when I first saw it but I watched it again recently and really enjoyed it. It looks AMAZING, the lighting is so cool. It's also got appropriately hammy performances.
Seriously underrated.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
uhh no punisher warzone is one of the worst movies I've seen in my entire life next to dragon wars.

The Thomas Jane Punisher, otoh, was perfect in almost every way besides Travolta.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

uhh no punisher warzone is one of the worst movies I've seen in my entire life next to dragon wars.

The Thomas Jane Punisher, otoh, was perfect in almost every way besides Travolta.

WOW, this post is so wrong it hurts.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
All three punisher movies are good for very different reasons.

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

a bone to pick posted:

I don't recall Thomas Jane punching anyone's face through their skull, so I've gotta disagree with you

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

a bone to pick posted:

Setting it in Miami was loving stupid.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

JB50 posted:

WOW, this post is so wrong it hurts.

ok fine, dragon wars wasn't the worst movie I've seen.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

abtp I respect your opinions in general but please reconsider this wrong post

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hm that voice sounds familiar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ71Wz90zt4

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Quantum of Phallus posted:

abtp I respect your opinions in general but please reconsider this wrong post

I'm sorry but I gotta stick by it, the only way the movie would be perfect is if he blew his own head off at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_26siT7GDXo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Thomas Jane was good on The Expanse. Stay away from teh Aqua

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

And the kicker is Imperator Furiosa is way more awesome than all of them but is always left out.

I notice this a ton too, it's probably because everyone thinks Max is the main character, even though he barely does poo poo compared to her.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Oh my goooooood a sequel to super meat boy?

There are way too many tepid takes repeating "Wonder Woman, Rey Jedi, Ghostbusters" but rearranging the words and the problem with that is Ghostbusters tanked HARD and pretty much everyone hated it except for people who cared way too much about the fake controversy.

I'm guessing it's because companies are too scared to market some Furiosa toys and merchandise for girls.

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 7, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Weirdo posted:

I'm guessing it's because companies are too scared to market some Furiosa toys and merchandise for girls.

Fury Road was rated R

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PostNouveau posted:

Fury Road was rated R

daisy rear end helicopter parent spotted

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
The Furiosa doll protects the Barbies and Bratz dolls from being sold into Build-A-Bear's sex slave harem

If Malibu Barbie had lived her son would've been :perfect:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Fury Road was rated R

Didn't stop people back in the day. I remember kid's toys for Robocop, Terminator, Alien, etc.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
furiosa doll now with milkshake mixer arm attachment

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PostNouveau posted:

Fury Road was rated R

If you didn't take your daughter to see Fury Road, you should do her a huge favor and take out a massive life insurance policy on yourself and go have an "accident".

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Mad Max: Fury Road isn't comic book or Star Wars so who cares about it? You can't #engage with its #brand merchandising so it's not an important piece of culture.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Veskit posted:

I loving LOVE that movie

Warzone is awesome. I've liked all the Punisher movies, which is weird because I hate the comics and his appearance on Netflix Daredevil.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Netflix Punisher could have been cool if he wasn't played by a skinny nerd with a weird face, had better dialogue, had a better plot, and was played by literally anyone other than that skinny nerd with a weird face.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

Didn't stop people back in the day. I remember kid's toys for Robocop, Terminator, Alien, etc.

Yeah, those toy companies sucked.

I'mma go out on a limb here and say kids shouldn't watch Robocop or Alien. Or Fury Road for that matter.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, those toy companies sucked.

I'mma go out on a limb here and say kids shouldn't watch Robocop or Alien. Or Fury Road for that matter.

Stop trolling. Everyone knows Robocop, Aliens, Predator, the Road Warrior, T2, Friday the 13th 2-8, and Total Recall were the best kids movies ever made.

You huge soft pink bitch rear end doily teacup rear end delicate sensibility fainting couch rear end dork.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
kids should watch all kinds of violent poo poo and be taught what the difference between fiction and reality is and to think critically about it imo

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

You huge soft pink bitch rear end doily teacup rear end delicate sensibility fainting couch rear end dork.

lmao for real, fuckin christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
nowadays everything is basically a kids movie, loud and unbloody and nonsexual and lots of colors
everyone, even if they make a ton of money and can party all the time, i talk to is like "i don't ever want to watch anything depressing, life's hard enough"
it's annoying

• Locked thread