Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

gay picnic defence posted:

There's probably also actual food safety standards that prevent a lot of the random additives in US products.

To be fair, most of those are on EU level and the UK was really insistent to be exempt from those when they got out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

tell it to water

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol should have known y'all would zero in on the tweet about food

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

It’s kind of impressive that Tesla’s corporate governance is scummier than Red Lobster’s.

priznat posted:

I've often heard uk candy is better so perhaps stopped clock etc

They’re known for their Bradford Humbugs.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

most people don’t know that there are things that are colder than frozen water hehe, you might say we’re a pretty elite group of geniuses :elon:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Buce posted:

tell it to water

i think elon should pound sand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

kazil posted:

Elon dump

Really, were I a shareholder, I'd be in the utmost delight. Come on, dude, get the gently caress off Twitter! What series of elaborate mirror-halls is this dude traipsing around in that he's missing 80% of Earth's population kicking him under the table to stop sucking? The EV and spaceflight revolutions were supposed to be cool!

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 20, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Touch Bog

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Waffle House posted:

Really, were I a shareholder, I'd be in the utmost delight. Come on, dude, get the gently caress off Twitter! What series of elaborate mirror-halls is this dude traipsing around in that he's missing 80% of Earth's population kicking him under the table to stop sucking? The EV and spaceflight revolutions were supposed to be cool!

It may not look like it, but those memes are worth more than seventeen thousand dollars per minute to shareholders.

Elon Musk’s sleepytime is also worth more than seventeen thousand dollars per minute, continuously since 2018.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

I must have skimmed through this, but have you seen his amazing insights on water management?

https://x.com/cb_doge/status/1792452130915377254

This is indistinguishable from a shitpost making fun of Musk

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

It is called "America" because 70% of it is made of america

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
People complaining about Twitch being full of women showing skin or whatever are telling on themselves. You'll see that if you go looking for it, but I guarantee if you just want to watch some dudes or gals play games you'll find much more of that content than what they're complaining about.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"Mostly Bags of Ugly America"

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The twitch top 100 earners list got leaked once and I think 2 women were on the list.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

ryde posted:

People complaining about Twitch being full of women showing skin or whatever are telling on themselves. You'll see that if you go looking for it, but I guarantee if you just want to watch some dudes or gals play games you'll find much more of that content than what they're complaining about.

they’re actually just complaining that the girls on twitch won’t gently caress them

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Buce posted:

they’re actually just complaining that the girls on twitch won’t gently caress them

I categorize that in the "telling on themselves" bucket, along with the dweebs that think a woman dressing up before getting on stream is some devious plot to entrap men. I realize that probably doesn't come across in my wording.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

ryde posted:

I categorize that in the "telling on themselves" bucket, along with the dweebs that think a woman dressing up before getting on stream is some devious plot to entrap men. I realize that probably doesn't come across in my wording.

:hmmyes:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Using the brakes bricks the truck

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Buce posted:

To be fair, recently someone streamed with a second camera pointed at their butthole. While it was an innovative way to see a player's stress level, like a heart rate monitor- I think the intent was to was to use sex appeal to draw viewers, because the butthole cam was bigger than the gameplay cam.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
drat woke leftist censors :argh:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wish I had revenue streams like the bikini twitch chicks

I’m live every Wednesday after wrestling on YouTube

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

New way to unbrick truck?

quote:

Last week I had to take mine in and get an entire new "car computer" as they put it. I was having issues with the camerras blinking in and out and also the truck not "waking up" when we hopped inside and wanted to drive somewhere.

The service center in Council Bluffs, IA was great: Part came in within a couple days, communicated to me that I could drop off immediately, repair done in 24 hours.

Everything is working perfectly now, and amazingly I didn't lose any of the settings we had already added.

I am wondering if the main computer modules are a little hit-or-miss still?

quote:

Well, here is an interesting update. I did a soft reset and let it sit for a while and when I got back in the truck to drive, the warnings were still on, but as soon as I shifted into reverse, they all went away and the truck is acting normal again.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

ryde posted:

lol

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Tunicate posted:

Weirdly, no. For instance you've probably heard the US puts a maximum amout of bugs that can be present in your bottles of oregeno or whatever. The EU doesn't have that, by which I mean there is no law saying "this is too many bugs".

Other countries tend to piggyback off US legal regulations or US trade association internal regulations.

https://www.cbi.eu/market-information/spices-herbs/what-requirements-should-your-product-comply

The UK does not put any limit on spices

https://www.food.gov.uk/business-guidance/importing-herbs-and-spices

Weirdly, yes.. while they might not regulate bug content or herb requirements, the EU has banned a lot of artificial colours and flavours. As a result their candy is way better.
No one else in the world has the corn subsidies in place that make producing HFCS and cramming it in everything economically feasible so that part is obvious

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

Make a battery pack coffin, screw the wheels and motors to that, double-sided tape the frame on, elmer's glue the panels, suction cup the windows, the rest is held together with bird poo poo, did I get that right?

I really want to search Google for a CAD drawing "exploded view" of the Cybertruck, but Google only wants to view exploded Cybertrucks.

edit: ooh I found something on Tesla.com, incredible https://service.tesla.com/docs/Cybertruck/BodyRepair/BodyRepairProcedures/en-us/GUID-B4A61C9E-4CE2-4D9A-B9B3-B6D74EEFE038.html

is this thing still bio-attack resistant or whatever insane claims musky made back then

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

So bewildering why advertisers are leaving elon twitter when stuff like this is promoted on the front page

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Busters posted:

To be fair, recently someone streamed with a second camera pointed at their butthole. While it was an innovative way to see a player's stress level, like a heart rate monitor- I think the intent was to was to use sex appeal to draw viewers, because the butthole cam was bigger than the gameplay cam.

Nah this is just scientific.

Humans have evolved the ability discern emotion in faces even when those faces are distant and partially obscured.

Getting information out of a butthole takes more effort.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Platystemon posted:

Humans have evolved the ability to discern emotion in faces even when those faces are distant and partially obscured.

I honestly think butthole streaming is revolutionary, but I think twitch wouldn't tolerate my butthole cam because I am not a conventionally attractive woman.

However, with the upcoming Dune game, I just might get away with a "Live Shai-Hulud Reaction" cam.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Hazo posted:

So bewildering why advertisers are leaving elon twitter when stuff like this is promoted on the front page

And they're not even fuckin right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKcUOUYzDXA

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Platystemon posted:

Humans have evolved the ability discern emotion in faces even when those faces are distant and partially obscured.

In A Mote In God's Eye by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle there is an alien super-negotiator subrace that at one point reads someone's emotional reaction from the soles of their feet while crawling behind them in a vent.

Can Grok do this yet?

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

NmareBfly posted:

In A Mote In God's Eye by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle there is an alien super-negotiator subrace that at one point reads someone's emotional reaction from the soles of their feet while crawling behind them in a vent.

Can Grok do this yet?

Yuck. Feet guys ruin everything.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

ddiddles posted:

lol it takes about 10 seconds of scrolling twitter before its just 100% alt right garbage. I just wanna see videos of people eating poo poo at the skate park and videos of cats :(

probably should have deleted this app like a year ago

The best time to delete the Twitter app is years ago when Musk acquired Twitter, the second best time is now.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Busters posted:

buttholes are pretty woke

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Busters posted:

Yuck. Feet guys ruin everything.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

NmareBfly posted:

Can Grok do this yet?

You'd normally expect that in a fantasy setting, most elves can tell if you're lying by staring into your sole

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Really strange that Elon's bonus from Tesla will be almost exactly what he needs to pay off Twitter.

Also that whole stuff with the mostly nude twitch streams is constantly getting their ToS changed, while on twitter Elon is basically like "Look, the bots are too much, can't do poo poo about it, except pay me."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i some how doubt a inbred apartheid blue blood ever set foot in any regional chain restaurant let alone a american one. like why even lie about this.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Applebees is so hot right now because of Survivor, FYI

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Not those esses I'm sure.