Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Anno posted:

Tiger's new clothing looks nice, but I really don't care for the branding.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1757231925096222811?s=20

Fuckin' Bob Does Sports has better graphic designers

E: Added quote for new page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

So is the logo a drawing of his hosed up spine?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

saintonan posted:

So is the logo a drawing of his hosed up spine?

I read somewhere that there are 15 stripes representing his 15 majors and if he wins a 16th the logo will be updated. I'm having trouble counting those stripes though lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mattfl posted:

I read somewhere that there are 15 stripes representing his 15 majors and if he wins a 16th the logo will be updated. I'm having trouble counting those stripes though lol

I think it's 9 on the body, 3 on the front leg, 2 on the back leg and then the wiener makes 15.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

mattfl posted:

I read somewhere that there are 15 stripes representing his 15 majors and if he wins a 16th the logo will be updated.

Well, that's presumptuous.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Josh Lyman posted:

Why is Sunday 2 words? :thunk:

The dumbest marketing pablum I’ve read in awhile.

quote:

The word mark appears as 3 words for a simple reason: there is a special power in 3's. Calling it Sun Day Red was a fun way for us to create something completely different and unexpected. Born from a love for being outside in the sun, the joy of playing golf during the day, and a special red being the brands power color - as soon as Sun Day Red was placed on a garment for the first time, it just looked perfect.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Something completely different and unexpected.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Me in 2020: theres no way Saudi money could ever successfully buy out golf, the players, committee, jay and hell...tiger would ever be fooled by this stunt.

Me in 2023:...sun day red...and a tiger with a huge dick...hmmm

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Putter turned up today.

Not bad for $125 AUD. The finishing on it is excellent. Feels good pushing balls around the living room, looking forward to the course this arvo.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I LOVE my Wilson putter to be honest. They are such a great value too. Hope it works out for you!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ChiTownEddie posted:

I LOVE my Wilson putter to be honest. They are such a great value too. Hope it works out for you!

PXG driver turned up unexpectedly today as well. So now I have a choice - Par 3 for putt tests, or driving range to compare it to my old one.

Decisions decisions.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

PIctures against my dad's old Taylormade driver:

Curious to see the difference. Might hit the driving range today.

edit:

I am a simple man. Big stick go whack, durr hurr durr

It'll be the driving range today and putting another time.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 14, 2024

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Carth Dookie posted:

Putter turned up today.

Not bad for $125 AUD. The finishing on it is excellent. Feels good pushing balls around the living room, looking forward to the course this arvo.

Hahahaha. I literally game the same putter! It's a fantastic putter - enjoy!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kirios posted:

Hahahaha. I literally game the same putter! It's a fantastic putter - enjoy!

:hfive:

edit: looking again and holy poo poo do I need to vacuum my carpet. Yikes.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Pulse check, for any of you guys that have a trackman / top tracer range nearby you, do you fancy having an SA golf tournament?

I’ll get interest over a month, knock up a tournament forecast and pair you off. Then you and your buddy chose a course that you both can virtually play?

Could be fun? Could also be poo poo.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Range results are in:

I'd say the PXG is probably better for me. I wasn't hitting any further, but there was noticeably less horrible slicing with the PXG and in general my crappier hits didn't seem to get punished as much.

Of course I'm sure that'll all disappear and it'll be the usual slice central as soon as I hit a real course.

Since I had the time I hit the par 3 nearby to check out the putter. Results much more definitive there. Single putt the first hole I tried it on and PB'd the back 9 I was playing on.

Pretty good day of golf all things considered.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Arccos decides to give me a 45 day trial (in an effort to get me to resubscribe) in the middle of February in Minnesota. Basically highlighting why I discontinued the service in the first place. Nearly half the year I cannot even use the thing.....yet all they offer is a $150+ yearly subscription. Seems to me that they don't have the brightest people making these decisions.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

It coincides nicely with my trip to Auburn to play the RTJ grand national courses. I absolutely won’t be giving them any money, but I’ll use it while it’s free.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
I was standing 8 feet from Tiger when he shanked that shot from the fairway on 18. The recovery shot he hit through the trees was pretty sick though. Hopefully he makes it to the weekend.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Arccos decides to give me a 45 day trial (in an effort to get me to resubscribe) in the middle of February in Minnesota. Basically highlighting why I discontinued the service in the first place. Nearly half the year I cannot even use the thing.....yet all they offer is a $150+ yearly subscription. Seems to me that they don't have the brightest people making these decisions.

Best decision I ever made was getting a S62 and committing to the CT10 sensors. The Garmin solution is far better and there's no subscription.

What pissed me off about Arccos was the sensors with batteries you can replace. The subscription... The sensors with a fixed shelf life... The product is good, but I despise being nickel and dimes.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
ShotScope, its perfectly serviceable

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Kirios posted:

Best decision I ever made was getting a S62 and committing to the CT10 sensors. The Garmin solution is far better and there's no subscription.

What pissed me off about Arccos was the sensors with batteries you can replace. The subscription... The sensors with a fixed shelf life... The product is good, but I despise being nickel and dimes.

That's me and shotscope. Passive tags, no need for a phone being involved in any step in the process (especially the older Arccos "solution").

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Looks like a WD for Tiger :(

Anno
May 10, 2017

Sucks =/ Hopefully just his back acting up and not anything worse.

edit: PR says "due to illness".

Anno fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 16, 2024

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Zalatoris got an ace and won cars for himself and his caddie.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

mattfl posted:

Looks like a WD for Tiger :(

He was walking like a 90 year old grandpa in warmups. I don't think he's physically capable of playing a four round golf tournament.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Kirios posted:

The sensors aren't even a huge deal. They offer me free sensors all of the time. But again.....$155 for a yearly subscription that I can only use about half the year is BS. Add a monthly subscription or a half year subscription. I like the app for shot tracking.....but all the extra bloat I don't even really need considering my current skill level. I just liked having a barebones auto shot tracker to help me key in on distances.

Oh....and I have a Ping G425 and 710 irons. Sensors are imbedded in the grips.....so if I wanted to use a different tracker with screw in sensors, I'd have to replace the grips.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

He’s never going to walk normally again anyway, his right leg is shot and it’s amazing he can walk on it let alone play golf. Thankfully he can do poo poo with his kids but I think he’s done being a competitive golfer until he goes to the Champions tour and wins everything.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Kirios posted:

I do like the Arccos product, especially with the Apple Watch doing the shot tracking so I don't have to have my phone in my pocket 100% of the time, but yeah the subscription is annoying.

ShotScope's tap-club-to-pocket thing seems lame

I'm hoping Garmin comes up with an Apple Watch-compatible solution (although, why would they?), I don't want to buy a golf-only watch and the prospect of dropping $200-$300 on sensors + $500 on the watch sorta makes the Arccos subscription a little more palatable

wyoak fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 17, 2024

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

So I went to my local golf shop to buy a headcover for my PXG driver (because I didn't read the sales ad properly that had stated no headcover was included).

I think it looks pretty good:

But it bought a few friends home with it that I hadn't expected:

:cripes: I have impulse control issues.

I couldn't help it. It was the first time I got to try an indoor driving range and I loved them from the first hit.

Tour Edge Exotics E723 (3 hybrid 19 deg) and C723 (4 hybrid 21 deg).

E 723:

C 723:

C 723 4 hybrid compared to my dad's old Wilson 4 hybrid:

I honestly didn't stand a chance. Feel alone they're just so much nicer than the old hybrids and from the first shot, consistent and I was able to diagnose and dial in very quickly.

Again I'm sure all that will abandon me the first time I hit the course but for now I am properly wowed.

Give them a try if you get the chance. Or don't. You'll probably buy them.

EDIT:

Guitar I've been trying to sell for months just found a buyer who turned up with cash, cancelling out my bad impulse golf club purchase: AHAHAHAHAHAHA NEVER PUNISHED

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 17, 2024

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

RestingB1tchFace posted:

The sensors aren't even a huge deal. They offer me free sensors all of the time. But again.....$155 for a yearly subscription that I can only use about half the year is BS. Add a monthly subscription or a half year subscription. I like the app for shot tracking.....but all the extra bloat I don't even really need considering my current skill level. I just liked having a barebones auto shot tracker to help me key in on distances.

Oh....and I have a Ping G425 and 710 irons. Sensors are imbedded in the grips.....so if I wanted to use a different tracker with screw in sensors, I'd have to replace the grips.

Nah. I use a cobra driver with built in arccos. I cut the screw off and use construction adhesive, works fine.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Spieth DQ’d for signing incorrect card!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Tiger withdraws because of illness and Spieth was also reported as not feeling well. Something tells me they should be upping the player port a potties around the tee boxes for the weekend

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

wyoak posted:

I do like the Arccos product, especially with the Apple Watch doing the shot tracking so I don't have to have my phone in my pocket 100% of the time, but yeah the subscription is annoying.

ShotScope's tap-club-to-pocket thing seems lame

I'm hoping Garmin comes up with an Apple Watch-compatible solution (although, why would they?), I don't want to buy a golf-only watch and the prospect of dropping $200-$300 on sensors + $500 on the watch sorta makes the Arccos subscription a little more palatable

I guess it depends on what you need a smart watch for, but I daily drive my S62 as my watch. I’ve even had half a dozen or so folks talk to me about golf / the watch when they realize it’s a Garmin Approach.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Was at the range, played the back 9 of #2 pinehurst.

Somehow managed to be 9 over, so apparently I’m almost 18 handicap. So quite looking forward to springtime to see how I get on trying to break 100.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Oodles posted:

Was at the range, played the back 9 of #2 pinehurst.

Somehow managed to be 9 over, so apparently I’m almost 18 handicap. So quite looking forward to springtime to see how I get on trying to break 100.

9 over after 9 on #2 wouldn't be an 18. That's a tough course, and I'm gonna guess it would translate noticeably lower. Nice round.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Speaking of playing 9, it's been a weird week across pro golf.

https://twitter.com/ChampionsTour/status/1758951302120313099?s=20

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Caught up with an uncle of mine (dad's older bro) and he decided to pass on his clubs to me same as my dad did.

So.

Friendship ended with Wilson, New best friend is Titleist:

3 iron to Sand Wedge Titleist 882 OS irons on graphite shafts. (Dad's Wilsons/wedges left, Uncle's driver and titleists on the right)

Also a similarly vintage driver to my dads:

Of course I got them today, AFTER I'd finished up my first time at a virtual driving range, so I'll have to go back another time to try out the titleists.

I had quite a fun time at the virtual range today. the results were a damning indictment of my golfing abilities, but despite that I still managed to Par the Par 5 14th hole of the St Andrew's Old Course which I was mighty chuffed with.

At least now I know where I can camp out in winter.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Hideki woke up angry today, drat.

xsf421 fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Well poo poo going to have to tune in.