Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

BillmasterCozb posted:

I hate that attacks never stun enemies, even if they're from the greatest of greathammers.

They do. Certain enemy attacks have "hyper armor," however, which prevents them from being Poise broken for the duration of the attack. It's why heavy weapons tend to be much worse: it's harder to both lock enemies down by continually Poise breaking them, and it puts you in more danger if you swing during a hyper armor attack and can't roll out of the way in time like you can with a lighter weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Can you still aim spells with binoculars?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I wasn't even mad about the disconnect, and I was delighted that even though the host disconnected, me and the red were still able to communicate and gesture.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Is there anything you can do with these two identically colored guys opposite the bridge demon in Farron Keep?

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007

RatHat posted:

Sort of? I was trying to aim the crossbow with them last night and it wasn't working at all. You can't fire while using the binoculars; you'll automatically put them away if you press the attack button. It seemed like the animations of putting the binoculars away and firing the crossbow would alter the aim significantly. Maybe it works better with spells.

A bow is all but required to get those hanging corpses in Undead Settlement because it's the only weapon with decent free aiming. At least it works without having the stats for it.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Azazell0 posted:

Is there any other tactic besides git gud with those two Crocomires in Irithyll? I can pull just one with the bow and even do a plunge attack on it, but it seems like even with a respectable amount of vigor will get you killed in 2-3 hits at most.

e: And is that area necessary for moving forward? I'd assume not since it was hidden anyways

You get the FAP-ring, a bonfire which due to the longest climbable ladder in all the soul series is most likely useless, and a covenant you most likely dont want.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

For disconnecting with active players of any kind in the game that host has earned an in-game punishment, 30 of those and it' s a temporary ban from everything online on that character, earn the ban again by 30 closures of the game and that's a permanently offlined character.

It should be more like 10 rather than 30 because gently caress all of those people.
Hey, I'll take some satisfaction in knowing that I invaded someone, made them burn all their Estus, and then made them ragequit so bad they had to yank the cord. And I'm really bad at the game!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

tidiox posted:

Sort of? I was trying to aim the crossbow with them last night and it wasn't working at all. You can't fire while using the binoculars; you'll automatically put them away if you press the attack button. It seemed like the animations of putting the binoculars away and firing the crossbow would alter the aim significantly. Maybe it works better with spells.

A bow is all but required to get those hanging corpses in Undead Settlement because it's the only weapon with decent free aiming. At least it works without having the stats for it.

Er, you can just aim with a crossbow like a bow.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

If you get poisoned during an invasion it carries over into your world.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Azazell0 posted:

Is there any other tactic besides git gud with those two Crocomires in Irithyll? I can pull just one with the bow and even do a plunge attack on it, but it seems like even with a respectable amount of vigor will get you killed in 2-3 hits at most.

become goku

edit:

RatHat posted:

no, not that it matters because the range on spells is significantly nerfed. the only one it really matters on is soul stream.

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 23, 2016

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

kater posted:

Except Champion isn't corrupted by the abyss like he is in the original? Like shouldn't that be the opposite?

Read the item description on Champ's armor. He becomes Iudex, and either the wounds you gave him or the wound from becoming the sheath to the coiled sword got infected with that dark stuff. As we all know, before you encounter him Champ is perfectly healthy badass muthafucka that kicks your delicate Unkindled bottom in.

Kild posted:

The mom took him obviously. Also the moms hinted at being Gwynevere? However the gently caress that works.

Gwynevere married Flann a god of flame in the first game...divorce? :confused:

e: oh god what must a Souls divorce be like :gonk:

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Just a perfectly normal farm hand.

turtlecrunch posted:

Read the item description on Champ's armor. He becomes Iudex, and either the wounds you gave him or the wound from becoming the sheath to the coiled sword got infected with that dark stuff. As we all know, before you encounter him Champ is perfectly healthy badass muthafucka that kicks your delicate Unkindled bottom in.

Gwynevere married Flann a god of flame in the first game...divorce? :confused:

e: oh god what must a Souls divorce be like :gonk:

I assumed that the Queen of Lothric was a descendent of Gwynevere, rather than Gwynevere herself. IIRC, the royal family of Irithyll (who seem to have been puppets of Sulyvahn) were also descended from Gwyn.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Fair enough.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The Fallen Knight set I think is starting to show its age. What's a good, fashionable replacement for it? Am melee build with a bit of pyromancy thrown in.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Exile, maybe?

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

Calaveron posted:

The Fallen Knight set I think is starting to show its age. What's a good, fashionable replacement for it? Am melee build with a bit of pyromancy thrown in.

I've been using the Drang armour with the Northern helm to cosplay as a Stark of Winterfell.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Lol my message in undead settlement in the rat sewer I put down on day one has an awful lot of upvotes still. "no illusory wall ahead, by the way be wary of liar". There's no wall there. I think people appreciate the extra level of fuckery.

SqueePower
May 25, 2006
tube
Soiled Meat
So what does it mean that "Iudex" is a latin title roughly translating to "judge," is this the real subtext that our system of laws are never truly incorrupt...

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Does New Game+ have level ranges for invasion and coop?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
and yet for whatever reason my message in front of the firekeeper "visions of demons... hole?" has nothing! philistines.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

invaded someone and while I was spawning in he summoned two phantoms, ran up the hill to fight anyway because I'm not a bitch, all three of them are wearing some combination of abyss watchers and lucatiels set and wielding estocs. All three.

dark souls pvp is so good right now guys

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Speaking of Iudex, the term "shackle" comes up in a lot of different places in this game.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hmm..Guess I can stand around the PVP spot as a darkmoon guy. Aldrich Faithful would be more fun if i got summoned to fight

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Undead fucker using a tree as a pike might be the highest achievement in enemy design.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm so mad you can't get that dude's weapons. I want it so bad

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Babe Magnet posted:

I'm so mad you can't get that dude's weapons. I want it so bad

this is how I felt still feel about the Pursuer's armor

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

BillmasterCozb posted:

this is how I felt still feel about the Pursuer's armor

I was pretty sad about that. You give me everyone else's armor, you even let me cosplay as Vendrick, but not a goddamn Armor Cored rear end mofo?

Shame From. SHAME.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Haha so the archer giant helps you against one of the crabs in the swamp

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fereydun posted:

become goku

How's the Moonlight Greatsword this time around?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

So what's the point of the wax in the Library? Dipped my head in just cause it was there and didn't really notice anything special.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Could there be any undiscovered weapons / armor sets left, or has it all been datamined?

I want the Moonlight Set for whenever I decide to make a caster.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm hopelessly lost in Farron Keep's swamp. I found the darkwraith and one of the candles, and the Old Wolf (and the stuff up the elevator beyond him), but I can't find the other two candles. I think I've circled around the swamp several times now. That part with the deep water and the basilisks can gently caress off. Any tips on where to head?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Still thinking about buying in on this for PC--I loved DS1 but I'm only leery because I never finished DS2 and barely played Bloodborne at all. Now that it's been a little while since launch, and the hype train has hopefully slowed down a touch, have any flaws in the game started presenting themselves?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Could there be any undiscovered weapons / armor sets left, or has it all been datamined?

I want the Moonlight Set for whenever I decide to make a caster.

It has all been outed. There will be more when they release dlc patches.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!

Brannock posted:

I'm hopelessly lost in Farron Keep's swamp. I found the darkwraith and one of the candles, and the Old Wolf (and the stuff up the elevator beyond him), but I can't find the other two candles. I think I've circled around the swamp several times now. That part with the deep water and the basilisks can gently caress off. Any tips on where to head?

Follow the fire, and they will come.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
watching an SL1 kill abosses currently, i begin to ponder the usefulness of vitality and armor.
percentage wise he seems to lose as much as my vit 20 / best in slot armor guy from any boss-hit.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Brainamp posted:

So what's the point of the wax in the Library? Dipped my head in just cause it was there and didn't really notice anything special.

It makes you immune to the book hands

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Man, Hungry Al is tough. I've only phantomed a few victories against him.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Man, purple phantoms are by far the best thing to be added to the game. Goddamn, slamming a bunch of them at once when invaded is a glorious clusterfuck.

So uhh, what builds are best in this game? Where is it at? I mean, I have a firegem and a claymore if I wanna relive DS1, but is there something better I should be lookin' at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Beat Yhorm in the most pathetic way possible, didn't realise the gimmick til afterward, got onion man killed at ~5% boss health then proceeded to burn through all my Estus as I slowly chipped away at his heels for 100 damage a hit. :shepicide: