Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Rookoo posted:

Love 2 spend my time playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61JVzENLWQg

Owned.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol it can also slowly increase in speed so eventually you gotta stop crouchwalking also

Or it should just instantly start moving at sprint speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Ninjalicious posted:

They can solve stream sniping with a five second delay or whatever. Live TV has this and nobody gets hurt. There is pretty much no scenario where a delay would hurt anyone. It might not stop SS but it makes it less effective. In casual play streamers have already figured this out.

poo poo that was guy was RIGHT HERE 5 seconds ago.... where the hell is he now??

any delay significant enough to stop stream sniping also makes the stream itself essentially a video and boring. live interaction makes streaming interesting

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

poo poo that was guy was RIGHT HERE 5 seconds ago.... where the hell is he now??

any delay significant enough to stop stream sniping also makes the stream itself essentially a video and boring. live interaction makes streaming interesting

Yes, but the streamers aren't live interacting during the tournament. They're just trying to win, you know, for the money. In fact, I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to live interact, because anyone watching the ESL stream could feed them info via Twitch chat.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

gently caress I see people and can't find them 20 seconds later, much less 5 minutes. If you have even a minor delay and still getting stream sniped you probably suck.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

VulgarandStupid posted:

Yes, but the streamers aren't live interacting during the tournament. They're just trying to win, you know, for the money. In fact, I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to live interact, because anyone watching the ESL stream could feed them info via Twitch chat.

My reading comprehension is so bad lately, agreed

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
OK, so the black mini skirt is currently 250 CAD on the market place and I happen to have one to sell. Should I sell now or wait for a few weeks? Because we know new crates won't come for a while, maybe not before the game is released, or at least the next major tournament, if that happens before 2018. That's a hell of a lot of money for a digital skirt.

This is with the knowledge that the skirt was around 150 a week or so ago.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Hamelekim posted:

OK, so the black mini skirt is currently 250 CAD on the market place and I happen to have one to sell. Should I sell now or wait for a few weeks? Because we know new crates won't come for a while, maybe not before the game is released, or at least the next major tournament, if that happens before 2018. That's a hell of a lot of money for a digital skirt.

This is with the knowledge that the skirt was around 150 a week or so ago.

That's like saying you have a bunch of IBM stock and are asking if you should sell now or wait. We can't know dude, but if I knew I could get $250 for a dumb game item I'd just do it and not wrack my brain over maximum profit. You don't look back on the history of apple stock and fault yourself for not timing the market perfectly and 100000% increasing your money or whatever, you won't sweat the dollars you miss out on for not perfectly predicting the black skirt market.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

That's like saying you have a bunch of IBM stock and are asking if you should sell now or wait. We can't know dude, but if I knew I could get $250 for a dumb game item I'd just do it and not wrack my brain over maximum profit. You don't look back on the history of apple stock and fault yourself for not timing the market perfectly and 100000% increasing your money or whatever, you won't sweat the dollars you miss out on for not perfectly predicting the black skirt market.

I'm pretty sure people who sold apple stock are kicking themselves if it could have made them super rich.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Hamelekim posted:

I'm pretty sure people who sold apple stock are kicking themselves if it could have made them super rich.
They're foolish - anyone can go back in time and find a stock that went up like crazy and kick themselves for not buying it but it doesn't mean anything if you can't, you know, predict which stock that is. But fair enough.

Fuzz1138
Feb 3, 2013

We don't have to dream that we're important. We are.
Finally bought this game a couple days ago, and in my third game with some friends I get those Clay Fighter-esque low-poly buildings.
When the full-poly models loaded in, so did a shelving unit. Right on top of me. So I got stuck inside.

My squad had to put me down for my own good. :saddowns:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hamelekim posted:

Do you believe those hotpants are gonna hold value? You are holding on to the first generation iPod Nanos of video games. A better pair will come out and the amount of people with enough crazy brains and cash to pay 250$ is finite.

But the gambler in me is saying "Let it RIDE"

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The game is fun and I enjoy playing it

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

Do you believe those hotpants are gonna hold value? You are holding on to the first generation iPod Nanos of video games. A better pair will come out and the amount of people with enough crazy brains and cash to pay 250$ is finite.

But the gambler in me is saying "Let it RIDE"

This is pretty much my thinking about it. The instant they announce the next pack and it has some silly chase thing in it the current popular silly things will probably crash a bit

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Fuzz1138 posted:

Finally bought this game a couple days ago, and in my third game with some friends I get those Clay Fighter-esque low-poly buildings.
When the full-poly models loaded in, so did a shelving unit. Right on top of me. So I got stuck inside.

My squad had to put me down for my own good. :saddowns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28xM5Pwio9Y&t=71s

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
I don't understand how the cosme tics in this game are riding so high right now. Do you know how many skirts I could get for 250??? Like, 12-25 real skirts, if I'm being cheap!

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Neopie posted:

I don't understand how the cosme tics in this game are riding so high right now. Do you know how many skirts I could get for 250??? Like, 12-25 real skirts, if I'm being cheap!

Lots off whales out there. You can make a living playing Destiny for other people. They will spend 1000$ dollars in a month so that they can get the latest raid gear.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Anyone else hoping that they start going crazy with weapons and items?

Like bear traps, poison you can inject into consumables, grenade launchers, remotely triggered c4, explosive rounds/bolts, shotgun slugs. Maybe one of those suits of bomb disposal armor? All that kind of stuff.

I've used the mk14 a few times now and yeah, it's cool but at the end of the day it's a sks with better stats.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Mr.Citrus posted:

Anyone else hoping that they start going crazy with weapons and items?

No

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'd like some neat stuff. Bigger explosives and other things.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I'd like some neat stuff. Bigger explosives and other things.

a chain you can drag across the road

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Mr.Citrus posted:

I've used the mk14 a few times now and yeah, it's cool but at the end of the day it's a sks with better stats.

The big difference is that its 1HK on level 1 helmets, unfortunately, they're not super popular by the time you can get a crate.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

VulgarandStupid posted:

The big difference is that its 1HK on level 1 helmets, unfortunately, they're not super popular by the time you can get a crate.

That's kind of exactly the issue, the only crate item with neato gameplay changes is the ghille suit. I would love for more "this changes my playstyle" items rather than "numerically superior" items

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Hamelekim posted:

If you always think like this instead of being happy with the profit you made you'll go insane. You could have always bought lower and sold higher. Just ask yourself what price is good enough for you to be happy- then sell there.

One in the hand over two in the bush, and all that

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mr.Citrus posted:

That's kind of exactly the issue, the only crate item with neato gameplay changes is the ghille suit. I would love for more "this changes my playstyle" items rather than "numerically superior" items

Umm the M249 can make anyone suddenly regret using a vehicle much more quickly than usual.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Mr.Citrus posted:

Ghillie suits are the only time when saying "I'm gonna go find a bush to lay down in" is acceptable

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Ghillie suits are the only time when saying "I'm gonna go find a bush to lay down in" is acceptable

I'm sorry that you're not playing bush simulator 2017 correctly

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Ice Fist posted:

I'm sorry that you're not playing bush simulator 2017 correctly

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

There's nothing more satisfying than being a tree man.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Mr.Citrus posted:

Is it possible to be more wrong than this?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I don't really want wacky guns or anything but different random disasters would be cool, like the plane dropping lanes of napalm or something along those lines. Tornadoes, tsunamis (ride the crest of a tsunami on the boat 50m into the shoreline), or hell, solar eclipses. Having the entire map go into "day for night" night mode for a very brief amount of time sounds fun.

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer

VulgarandStupid posted:

Dumbass, enjoy assault rifle with slightly different fire rate #23.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Where the gently caress are my berries.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

amotea posted:

Dumbass, enjoy assault rifle with slightly different fire rate #23.

When I get an AWP I'll run around and let them shoot at me, then shoot them. With a man M249 I'll hunt cars, even in solo. Please don't call me a dumbass, that's hurtful.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I hope they add more beat-up old guns. Find a fuckin' Vietnam-era M16a1 now and then instead of an a4 or M416.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Penpal posted:

I don't really want wacky guns or anything but different random disasters would be cool, like the plane dropping lanes of napalm or something along those lines. Tornadoes, tsunamis (ride the crest of a tsunami on the boat 50m into the shoreline), or hell, solar eclipses. Having the entire map go into "day for night" night mode for a very brief amount of time sounds fun.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Naaw those are all solid gold ideas. Current red area is a lottery. All of my sick ideas at least let you see whatever is going to kill you (or help you)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The only thing I would add at this point in time is a killcam. Let me, a complete newb, know where I'm being killed from, so I can get a decent idea of where people hide with at least reasonable effectiveness.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
All I want is FPP leaderboards :<

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

Everybody was kung fu fighting. (poor molchane)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18CXtaHZE4E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Philman posted:

Everybody was kung fu fighting. (poor molchane)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18CXtaHZE4E

With the Groza that close, I would have just rushed the guy

• Locked thread