Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

dialhforhero posted:

As probably the owner of that.

I can say.

Without a doubt.

No.

Yes.

(unless you were in the Fortizar in E3OI that got unanchored a while ago or if you're in the other one in MJXW that still exists, then you're good)
MJXW sounds familiar? It was whatever the first sigma citadel was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Are Reactions still the preferred way to grow from 10-20b to filthy rich?

gwrtheyrn posted:

Citadels don't have shield regen in any quantity that matters

Cheers.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Boatswain posted:

Are Reactions still the preferred way to grow from 10-20b to filthy rich?

Reactions are the T-bills of EVE online. You get a small steady income, but it will not propel you into a new wealth category unless you do it for 5 years straight. If you have 20b you have enough isk to start station trading. Set up some buy orders for Rorquals and Excavator Drones and other high value infrastructure items and resell them. This will make you a lot more isk than reactions.

You want to start doing reaction when you have 100b and station trading is boring.

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

Bob Socko posted:

Sometimes, I think about rejoining. The citadel shutdown thing has me worried though, because I probably last logged out in the official Sigma citadel a few years ago. Does that still exist? Am I hosed if I log back in again?

jeveassets is a good tool to check what has happend to your assets.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

MrOzzy posted:

jeveassets is a good tool to check what has happend to your assets.
Thank you!

Jintozook81
May 14, 2020

There's Always A Bigger Ship...
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks Rutibex!

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Being all cooped up at home and seeing ads for EVE Echoes has gotten me reminiscing about EVE. I apparently last played around 92 months ago so it's been a long time and I'll pretty much need to learn everything again if I start back up.

Is Miniluv still doing their thing? That was definitely some of the most fun (and profit) I had playing EVE. :getin:

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Stealthgerbil posted:

Lets go the elite dangerous route. Every ship has a jump drive with different ranges depending on the ship class and you can jump any system and land at the sun.

No, the Dune route where if you need to travel to another system you are dependent on something no longer human and permanently high as balls.

Such a minor tweak to the current situation that it should be easily implemented.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

hi please let me join the imperium here's a picture of my dick

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
Being back in goonfleet for like two days has been a loving blast and I'm hooked.

I also learned a lot of lessons the hard but hilarious way!

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Reactions are the T-bills of EVE online. You get a small steady income, but it will not propel you into a new wealth category unless you do it for 5 years straight. If you have 20b you have enough isk to start station trading. Set up some buy orders for Rorquals and Excavator Drones and other high value infrastructure items and resell them. This will make you a lot more isk than reactions.

You want to start doing reaction when you have 100b and station trading is boring.

Alright, cheers.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

friendlyfire posted:

If you regard this game first and foremost as a tear factory, I cannot see how you would oppose this change.
In theory yes, but the people I want the tears of most when their citadels blow up are the people that ARE fueling their structures and actively defending them.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Boatswain posted:

Alright, cheers.

Adding to the reaction stuff - doing T2 production from scratch including reactions can net a fairly decent margin, but it of course requires a bit more work.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Wibla posted:

Adding to the reaction stuff - doing T2 production from scratch including reactions can net a fairly decent margin, but it of course requires a bit more work.

I'll certainly look into that, cheers. But I don't have the SP (or the spare ISK to buy that SP) required for T2 Production yet. Is Invention worthwhile or do most T2 builders run their own Invention as well?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Most T2 builders invent their own blueprints. While there IS a T2 bpc market, I wouldn't count on it to supply what you need at all times.. and people charge a lot for those bpcs.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OneEightHundred posted:

In theory yes, but the people I want the tears of most when their citadels blow up are the people that ARE fueling their structures and actively defending them.

In theory couldn't you blockade a citadel and blow up the shipments of fuel it gets? Wait for it to run out.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Wibla posted:

Most T2 builders invent their own blueprints. While there IS a T2 bpc market, I wouldn't count on it to supply what you need at all times.. and people charge a lot for those bpcs.

I was more thinking if invention was a viable way into T2 production. But after doing some more reading it sounds like I need a pretty good hand on the market as well as a BPO library to make that work so it might well be all academic at this point.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
You for sure need BPOs of the T2 components, which can usually be bought already researched from someone i think if you don't want the train the researching skill (I haven't played in a long time). You can probably get by with buying ship T2 BPCs off contracts and still make money but it adds a layer of hassle and cost.

You also need a baller spreadsheet with lots of functions and poo poo

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jun 11, 2020

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

OneEightHundred posted:

In the first 11 days of June, there have been 74 Goonswarm Federation citadels have died in Delve. The structure cost (according to zkill) is 384 bil. Many (but not all) we blew up ourselves. Unfortunately you can't get good numbers on the amount of stuff that popped/scooped/killed/stole.

I spent my sunday playing with some spreadsheets and apis and built a little tracker.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Rutibex posted:

In theory couldn't you blockade a citadel and blow up the shipments of fuel it gets? Wait for it to run out.
For one thing, it's extremely hard to blockade because all it takes is slowboating a cloaked Prospect into tether range to cyno in an entire jump freighter of fuel blocks...

... but even if you pulled that off, the owner can unanchor it, which triggers asset safety on everything inside. I'm pretty sure reinforcing the citadel doesn't reset the unanchor timer.

The only real way to force a well-defended citadel to spill its contents is to get director roles, transfer it, and yank the fuel.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

andromache posted:

In the first 11 days of June, there have been 74 Goonswarm Federation citadels have died in Delve. The structure cost (according to zkill) is 384 bil. Many (but not all) we blew up ourselves. Unfortunately you can't get good numbers on the amount of stuff that popped/scooped/killed/stole.

I spent my sunday playing with some spreadsheets and apis and built a little tracker.

if it's even a tenth of what highsec citadels are dropping, i'd say you dropped and/or scooped close to a trillion ISK

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
anyone wanna buy a titan bpo

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Foehammer007 posted:

anyone wanna buy a titan bpo

I'll give you 1isk

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I will take it for 2 isk

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
3 ISK and and a solid Laphroaig 10 yr.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a BPO today

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
I will take your bpo and you will have to pay me 1m on top of it

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

if it's even a tenth of what highsec citadels are dropping, i'd say you dropped and/or scooped close to a trillion ISK

Yeah basically we had some chill shootyshooty fleets with Jay and once it popped GSOL swooped in and nationalized all the poo poo. I remember an Ice is Coming to Eve (french corp) asshouse that just exploded in containers. Took like an hour to clean it all up.

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020
What are the main differences if any between joining GoonWaffe and Karma fleet? Spent the last couple of months just mucking around in hisec and low trying to get reacquainted with the game and the newer mechanics and ships etc. Thinking about coming back to null, not sure if worth waiting to put in an app for main corp with the possibility of being rejected anyway or just joining karma.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Deacon91 posted:

What are the main differences if any between joining GoonWaffe and Karma fleet? Spent the last couple of months just mucking around in hisec and low trying to get reacquainted with the game and the newer mechanics and ships etc. Thinking about coming back to null, not sure if worth waiting to put in an app for main corp with the possibility of being rejected anyway or just joining karma.

The main difference is you won't be joining goonwaffe.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Deacon91 posted:

KF requires 1 pap per month to not get purged. Goonwaffe requires you to at least be socially active (IE posting on Jabber or the forums), even if you haven't actually logged into the game.

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

dragonshardz posted:

KF requires 1 pap per month to not get purged. Goonwaffe requires you to at least be socially active (IE posting on Jabber or the forums), even if you haven't actually logged into the game.

Only 1? That seems insanely low

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

It's still too much for some people :v:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

andromache posted:

Wait rewind for someone casually watching eve from a distance: why is GF blowing up their own citadels? Mechanic changes enforcing some spring cleaning?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Alchenar posted:

Wait rewind for someone casually watching eve from a distance: why is GF blowing up their own citadels? Mechanic changes enforcing some spring cleaning?

CCP partially revoked asset safety. If you don't fuel your citadels for $TIME_PERIOD, asset safety is turned off. It's a proactive purge to deny loot.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Alchenar posted:

I assume lots of people have joined goonswarm, placed a citadel in Delve, then quit EVE forever and just left it there to rot. That garbage is being cleaned up, and the loot is going to the swarm rather than some outside invader.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Deacon91 posted:

Goonwaffe is for semi-solo know what you are doing and how to be happy in game without any kind of tangible cliques to really insert yourself in.

Karmafleet is for newish to the game or want to have active people that can bring you up to speed or gate camp or any number of other things you might find hard to experience in Waffe.

dragonshardz posted:

It's even more lax than that. It's a rolling 90 day window of 3 paps. You can totally log in one Saturday blast out three paps and then disappear for two months and not be in danger of purge for weeks. Even without GEF you can hop into SNS once every couple weeks and shoot the poo poo with the corp and do nothing else and still be good to go. You have to actively avoid fleet PvP of all kinds to get purged.

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

Micromancer posted:

Goonwaffe is for semi-solo know what you are doing and how to be happy in game without any kind of tangible cliques to really insert yourself in.

Karmafleet is for newish to the game or want to have active people that can bring you up to speed or gate camp or any number of other things you might find hard to experience in Waffe.

It's even more lax than that. It's a rolling 90 day window of 3 paps. You can totally log in one Saturday blast out three paps and then disappear for two months and not be in danger of purge for weeks. Even without GEF you can hop into SNS once every couple weeks and shoot the poo poo with the corp and do nothing else and still be good to go. You have to actively avoid fleet PvP of all kinds to get purged.

In saying that though, there are still sigs you can join for activities that interest you though right? Do you still have all the access to sigs in Karma?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Deacon91 posted:

In saying that though, there are still sigs you can join for activities that interest you though right? Do you still have all the access to sigs in Karma?

KarmaFleet is as much Imperium as Goonwaffe. Sigs and poo poo are alliance-wide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Micromancer posted:

Mostly this. The closest thing Goonwaffe corp has is Tuzy, Jay and I who occasionally take a passing interest in the waffe subforum and fulfill low effort requests. We all have roles in the alliance. Goonwaffe gives you double SRP and doesn't hassle you about going on fleets as long as you stay logged into jabber/mumble and make posts. It's ideal for veteran eve players who neither need, nor particularly want, new social connections.

If you are new to eve, I'd definitely point people to Karmafleet over Goonwaffe.