Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
England looking quite sharp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

This wood fellow has an interesting action. I've not seen him bowl before but he looks like he might be tricky in England.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I know its bad sportsmanship but Rogers really should have pulled out "with some dust in his eyes" in woods run up.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I know its bad sportsmanship but Rogers really should have pulled out "with some dust in his eyes" in woods run up.

Woods is always doing some wacky shenanigans with his run up. Very unsportsmanlike imo.

Scylo posted:

From TMS - Mitchell Johnson has conceded 100 runs for the 21st time in Tests - the 2nd most by any Australian behind Shane Warne

This Warne fellow sounds a bit shite.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

He does that weird hop thing at the start of his run up, but since he's been on the TV to be seen doing it he has always done it so no doubt he has always done it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Has it been discussed in this thread how India are touring Australia again at the start of next year for five pointless ODIs and three pointless t20s. :geno:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Seams posted:

Has it been discussed in this thread how India are touring Australia again at the start of next year for five pointless ODIs and three pointless t20s. :geno:

Yeah someone brought it up earlier today I think and we all had a hearty chuckle

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Seams posted:

It was briefly mentioned. I'd rather be playing Zimbabwe

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Genuinely surprised Rogers and Warner both survived to lunch, was honestly expecting one of them to nick it behind or something stupid

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
2 marshes, nichols and tubs. Tubs making sure everyone hears about how him and his mate jeff (their dad) batted all day back in the 80s. Set fire to channel 9

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
australians arent intelligent cricketers, more at 11

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Seams posted:

This Warne fellow sounds a bit shite.

Warne's RPO is 2.66 while Johnson's is 3.27, not as bad as I thought it would be.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Byolante posted:

2 marshes, nichols and tubs. Tubs making sure everyone hears about how him and his mate jeff (their dad) batted all day back in the 80s. Set fire to channel 9

Haha I was going to whinge about it. Tubs tells that David Gower story every chance he gets

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Surely to goodness if you tour you play Test Matches.

Fair enough, get the ODI and T20 shite in there as well, but the primary reason to tour is to play Test Match Cricket.

loving savages.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

How long has Cardiff been in England?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

This interview with Haddin is good.

Mr haddin why are you such an arsehole.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

We're all just one big happy (English) family here

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Skarsnik posted:

We're all just one big happy (English) family here

yacky dar and a;; that bullshit

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

This wood fellow has an interesting action. I've not seen him bowl before but he looks like he might be tricky in England.

He looked handy against us. He's sharp enough and with the way he maximises his height and hits the seam I reckon he might do well touring Aus.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Oh David

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Oh God he's reviewing

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Good call David lol

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Way outside leg, geez

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

You Am I posted:

Oh God he's reviewing

lol

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Outside leg, you jammy bastard

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That was plumb as poo poo, pitching is the dumbest thing

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

loving miles outside leg.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

That was an awful call.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Just lucky I think, that review looked streaky as gently caress live.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Even live that looked wide, and with the angle of outswing to a lefty an LBW is always kinda unlikely

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Holding saying the Umpire must have had doubts - what doubts?! Where leg loving stump is?!

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

That was an awful call.

For Dharmasena it was just Thursday.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Byolante posted:

That was plumb as poo poo, pitching is the dumbest thing

Its to encourage attacking cricket. Otherwise why wouldn't bowlers (in particular lefthanded bowlers) just angle everything as wide as possible to try and hit the batsman in line with leg stump every ball.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

He seems like a really poo poo Umpire.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Trying to prove he isn't a not outer.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

He is a bad umpire. Possibly the worst on the elite panel. He made an excellent call on a Lyon LBW yesterday but that was awful. I think its probably doubtful the ball would have hit the offstump even.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sorry, was getting bad flashbacks of Watson's review decisions in 2013

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

You Am I posted:

Sorry, was getting bad flashbacks of Watson's review decisions in 2013

Carry on then :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

He is a bad umpire. Possibly the worst on the elite panel. He made an excellent call on a Lyon LBW yesterday but that was awful. I think its probably doubtful the ball would have hit the offstump even.

Rofl. LAying down some epic hindsight wisdom.