Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
mario odyssey is still really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Suffered my first loss in KoDP tonight, I angered the beast people too often and was thoroughly owned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

mario odyssey is still really good

It's a wonderful game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You don't even really need a goal to have fun in odyssey, like BotW. You can have just messing around in the system forever

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

GorfZaplen posted:

Suffered my first loss in KoDP tonight, I angered the beast people too often and was thoroughly owned

Yea iirc you can actually keep that from becoming an instant game over if you're strong enough but it will still completely cripple your clan with no benefit even if you survive lol. It's a good reminder of the themes of the game IMO, that you're basically small and insignificant in a strange land trying to achieve greatness without upsetting the existing balance too much. In other words don't gently caress with ducks. If you want a mechanical hint the "easiest" ancestral enemy is ice spirits, they can still gently caress you up but for some reason your rivalry with them actually gives you the benefit of being able to successfully raid more often during Storm and Dark season, I guess because you're used to fighting in the cold

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

goferchan posted:

Dying during the intro this time actually sent me back to convinient checkpoints, too, but no now i'm filling up the loving bucket again. And right after posting that I wandered off in the wrong direction instead of getting in the flight suit and got a bad ending so i'm actually filling up the bucket for the third time. I'm..... not...... mad.......

Nier Automata is the best

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I bought the Arcade Classics versions of Double Dragon and Solomon’s Key and they both appear to be markedly worse than their NES versions somehow

Also lol that all the trophies are for, like, pausing the game and adjusting the button configuration and poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

i got that bad ending too lmao

Same lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

watching the final and drinking Big Beer, then binding of isaac

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

Played a lot of resident evil this weekend. Went all the way from the mansion to the residence and now I'm back with the helmet key. Can't wait until I get off work so I can run cluelessly around the mansion some more

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Monster hunter and octopath traveler

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm getting my gaming PC back, so i'm going to pick back up with morrowind and maybe try to get back into puyo

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
zelda

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm also kind of tempted to get moonlighter, since i've been craving an ARPG i can zone out on

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

i'm also kind of tempted to get moonlighter, since i've been craving an ARPG i can zone out on

yea I heard it's like a stardew Valley type game where the hours just melt away

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

gonna see and beat the real final boss of hollow knight. hopefully

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

b_d posted:

gonna see and beat the real final boss of hollow knight. hopefully

He's really hard

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I've had Heretic/Hexen forever and I wanna beat em.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

You were talking about maybe getting NieR right? I will say that wandering around hacking (double meaning ;)) through stuff is extremely zen

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

You were talking about maybe getting NieR right? I will say that wandering around hacking (double meaning ;)) through stuff is extremely zen

they're both on my list

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
trying to do the divine beasts in zelda makes me feel like the worlds biggest moron

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mycophobia posted:

trying to do the divine beasts in zelda makes me feel like the worlds biggest moron

theyre good puzzles

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

come watch bob stream isaac.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Yakuza 4. Tanimura's fighting style is really strange, but it's pretty cool

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

I've had Heretic/Hexen forever and I wanna beat em.

your definitely either going to use a guide to give up in frustration on hexen

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

drinking even more beer and playing even more isaac, very good sunday

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

He's really hard

I got em in a few tries... I had the fully upgraded nail and unbreakable strength though so I could get through phases pretty quickly

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

b_d posted:

I got em in a few tries... I had the fully upgraded nail and unbreakable strength though so I could get through phases pretty quickly

i made it my mission to beat him without any broken stuff my last playthrough and its a drat good fight, the perfect reward for beating the stuff it takes to reach him

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played Ghost Recon Wildlands with my brother which was a lot of fun. Probably because we were being dumb the whole time and just goofing around.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I recently quit my job and have gotten really into going for individual level record times in Burnout 2: Point Of Impact for Nintendo Gamecube so I guess this is my life now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Octopath.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

I recently quit my job and have gotten really into going for individual level record times in Burnout 2: Point Of Impact for Nintendo Gamecube so I guess this is my life now.

Good work

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played danganronpa 2 all day and now that its done im goign to play danganronpa 3.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Started Bravely Default

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’m gonna play more Zelda botw.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

Started Bravely Default

good poo poo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
its hard to put down, i just had to plug it in and then just sat next to the outlet and kept playing

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

elf help book posted:

its hard to put down, i just had to plug it in and then just sat next to the outlet and kept playing

I went Psycho Gamer and played it nonstop for like 2 weeks straight. I ended up getting a character to do max damage

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fargield posted:

I went Psycho Gamer and played it nonstop for like 2 weeks straight. I ended up getting a character to do max damage

it is phat 2 nasty with the epic combos. doubly so if you break the game ASAP with friend list boosts (not recommend)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love some of the ridiculous builds you can end up making.