Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Trip report: just had a Sushi Burger.

Raw salmon with cream cheese and green onions sandwiched between two deep-fried sushi rice patties.
The patties were absolutely delicious, though the fish itself was getting a bit tiresome thanks to the cheese. I would've ordered the burger without the cream cheese but I figured I had to eat the default package at least once.

The place also had a shaker with roasted sesame seeds and plenty of homemade tare sauce, which was very sweet and better than the usual stuff.

I couldn't finish it. While it was great, there was just a lot of it and I was caught off-guard by how filling it was despite starving myself for half the day in preparation. Thankfully my parents helped me with eating the rest.

There are alternative versions of the dish, such as grilled salmon instead of raw, and raw sushi rice patties, which would basically turn the burger into a weirdly-shaped temaki without nori.

This is the place:

Much tinier than expected, but very nice nonetheless.

Highlight of the night was that Man of Steel was playing on TV, and the owner was saying how she tought current Superman (Henry Cavill) and old Superman (Christopher Reeve) were the same person until recently.

And then she said the old one just died today :v:
No, lady. Christopher Reeve is not Adam West.

Next on the list is Pizzaria Bate Papo, but who knows when I'll get around to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Stink Terios posted:

Raw salmon with cream cheese and green onions sandwiched between two deep-fried sushi rice patties.
The patties were absolutely delicious, though the fish itself was getting a bit tiresome thanks to the cheese. I would've ordered the burger without the cream cheese but I figured I had to eat the default package at least once.

The place also had a shaker with roasted sesame seeds and plenty of homemade tare sauce, which was very sweet and better than the usual stuff.

I couldn't finish it. While it was great, there was just a lot of it and I was caught off-guard by how filling it was despite starving myself for half the day in preparation. Thankfully my parents helped me with eating the rest.

There are alternative versions of the dish, such as grilled salmon instead of raw, and raw sushi rice patties, which would basically turn the burger into a weirdly-shaped temaki without nori.

This is the place:

Much tinier than expected, but very nice nonetheless.

Highlight of the night was that Man of Steel was playing on TV, and the owner was saying how she tought current Superman (Henry Cavill) and old Superman (Christopher Reeve) were the same person until recently.

And then she said the old one just died today :v:
No, lady. Christopher Reeve is not Adam West.

Next on the list is Pizzaria Bate Papo, but who knows when I'll get around to that.

That's :stonk: to my sushi sensibilities.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Stink Terios posted:

That's just lox spread. gently caress, I love me a lox bagel.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Stink Terios posted:

gently caress, give me that without the cream cheese and I'd go to town on it. I love all kinds of sushi, but salmon's still my favorite.

Stink Terios posted:

:allears:

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

I really hope this is just a joke because Acetaminophen is really loving easy to OD on and I don't think my brain could handle the thought of someone dying for nasty chicken.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

worthless. posted:

I really hope this is just a joke because Acetaminophen is really loving easy to OD on and I don't think my brain could handle the thought of someone dying for nasty chicken.

No one's gonna OD on chicken cooked in nyquil you weiner it's just gonna taste like Satan's balls

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

worthless. posted:

No it's not.

The LD50 of acetaminophen is appx. 2,000 mg/kg. If you're 150 lbs (68.18 kg), it would take 136,363 mg to potentially kill you. Contrast this with aspirin, which has an LD50 of 200 mg/kg.

Speaking strictly about the NyQuil, a 295 mL bottle has 19.6 tbsp (roughly), and with 325 mg of acetaminophen in each 15 mL tbsp, you get 6,391.6 mg of acetaminophen in each bottle.

Granted, an excessive amount of acetaminophen will wreak havoc on your organs, specifically your liver, potentially shutting it down and putting your rear end on a transplant list.

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 09:57 on Jun 11, 2017

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Just stick to denim chicken folks.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Zipperelli. posted:

No it's not.

The LD50 of acetaminophen is appx. 2,000 mg/kg. If you're 150 lbs (68.18 kg), it would take 136,363 mg to potentially kill you. Contrast this with aspirin, which has an LD50 of 200 mg/kg.

Speaking strictly about the NyQuil, a 295 mL bottle has 19.6 tbsp (roughly), and with 325 mg of acetaminophen in each 15 mL tbsp, you get 6,391.6 mg of acetaminophen in each bottle.

Granted, an excessive amount of acetaminophen will wreak havoc on your organs, specifically your liver, potentially shutting it down and putting your rear end on a transplant list.

LD50 doesn't mean poo poo when it comes to the mechanisms of what would be an overdose of Acetaminophen. No it won't kill you explicitly though direct toxicological effects, but a whole shitton less of it than what's in a nyquil bottle and especially what would be the technical LD50 will destroy your liver and have you dying on short term notice.

Don't be pedantic, basically. Something like asprin or ibuprofen might have a lower LD50 but if you take 3g of apap and 3g of ibu I bet I can tell you what you're going to die of

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Would heat break down the Tylenol?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Not by much. Paracetamol is relatively stable it is sold in mixtures to be made up in boiling water after all.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Someone on my facebook is going through a cooking phase and just posted this:

I mean, it probably tasted fine but I can't look at that and not think "someone unleashed a massive poo poo log on their plate". Maybe it's just me, but especially with the lack of anything else on the plate ever in his pictures it just accentuates how unappetizing the thing looks.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

For some reason this got posted in the gif thread instead of here:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
That looks like Jim Bakker's slop.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

is it mac and cheese? what the gently caress?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Sociopastry posted:

is it mac and cheese? what the gently caress?

It's rice and curry. Pretty sure it's by Jim Bakker, a televangelist who sells people buckets and troughs of food for their apocalypse bunkers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOH37W0jPpA

E: it's actually cheesy broccoli.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 16:45 on Jun 11, 2017

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Wouldn't you want your apocalypse bunker to have like, canned food and other stuff with long shelf life rather than buckets of "cheese" slurry?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

How do you keep a barrel of 23,375 servings of..."food"... from going rotten over the years it would take your family to eat it?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

How do you keep a barrel of 23,375 servings of..."food"... from going rotten over the years it would take your family to eat it?

It's just plastic

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
Just like I like my cheese :getin:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Sagebrush posted:

You're not supposed to cook all of it in one go. He was just demonstrating how much food there is in one bucket.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bloom posted:

Wouldn't you want your apocalypse bunker to have like, canned food and other stuff with long shelf life rather than buckets of "cheese" slurry?

It's dehydrated normally. Lasts years.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Paladinus posted:

You're not supposed to cook all of it in one go. He was just demonstrating how much food there is in one bucket.
Opening and closing the bucket or container can't be good. Especially with moisture in the air, like when everyone eats it the first time and spends the next week saturating the air with diarrhea fumes and piss.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Oh, okay, I thought it was ready-to-eat. So it's literally just rice-a-roni but sold in enormous volumes.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Sociopastry posted:

rosé is prime white poor gettin' drunk stuff. you can get a big ol' bottle of the cheap kind at walmart here for like five bucks.

Also jungle juice, from what I've experienced, is a bunch of liquid watermelon juice and whatever the gently caress booze (usually vodka, cheap wine, everclear, silver rum) you have, all mixed together. It will gently caress you up.

Lol White Zinfandel/Boone's Farm are not rosé

And jungle juice is properly mixed in and served out of a trash can

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

SLOSifl posted:

Opening and closing the bucket or container can't be good. Especially with moisture in the air, like when everyone eats it the first time and spends the next week saturating the air with diarrhea fumes and piss.

Just grill the piss. Waste not.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Then I will grind your bones to dust.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 02:29 on Jun 12, 2017

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

EorayMel posted:

Then I will grind your bones to dust.

What the gently caress is it? A deep fried lasagna or something?

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
If you OD on Tylenol/paracetamol (that is, to the point of fulminant liver failure), you'll be lucky to make it to the transplant list. It takes you anywhere from three days to a month to die, you'll vomit blood and poo poo explosively for most of that time, and most painkillers will stop working before you descend into terminal ammonia coma. It's a screaming death, I don't recommend it.

The liver failure threshold drops dramatically when you combine Tylenol and alcohol, by the way. Especially if you do this chronically. Low-dose Tylenol + alcohol over time will usually get you to the transplant list, though, as slower liver failure gives your body time to build its tolerance to brain-pickling toxins and to dilate all the blood vessels in your esophagus into hemorrhoids so there's somewhere for the backed-up blood to go when it can't get through the liver.

So if you need to make Nyquil chicken for some reason, at least don't chase it with a beer.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ToxicFrog posted:

For some reason this got posted in the gif thread instead of here:

That's capitalism for ya.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

elise the great posted:

If you OD on Tylenol/paracetamol (that is, to the point of fulminant liver failure), you'll be lucky to make it to the transplant list.

Around where I work, I've heard they won't put you on the transplant list if you hosed yourself up by trying to OD on acetaminophen. Dunno how true that is, but it's what I've heard multiple times from multiple people.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
It really depends, but yes, trying to kill yourself with Tylenol puts you at an extreme disadvantage when they're doling out the precious few livers we get every year. If you took a poo poo-ton of Tylenol by accident, you might be able to make a case, but in general, if there's any risk of you wasting the liver you're given, ain't nobody giving it to you.

(Presuming, of course, that you could even find a match.)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I used to have that desk.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Elise scares me more than the food in this thread.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He's def gonna need that pepto biz after that.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

I literally text pictures from this thread to my most beloved friends at three in the morning to make my own cooking look better by comparison

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

I mean, probably still would.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

worthless. posted:

I mean, probably still would.

No Pizza Rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The only major problem I see is the "crust". Vegan/gluten free/whatever crusts never, ever look appetizing and it looks more like eating a cracker with stuff on it than a pizza. At least this one has real cheese. I mean, I'd prefer a lot less tomato slices too but other than that I would.