Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

cheetah7071 posted:

Raising Nino is the most boring, tedious poo poo ever.

This statement is not going to be true as long as Fiona exists.

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

fade5 posted:

A-Rank in Staves, actually. He's a lot like Niime in FE6 in that both are drop-in replacements for any of your healers/Magic users.

Hell, both also have double A-ranks in Magic and Staves, and both come with a free Physic Staff. Niime's squishier, but she has Nosferatu for tanking (plus buyable Angelic Robes, and why would you not give her 1 2), so about the same survivability.

One difference is that Niime's higher Magic + generally lower enemy resistance in FE6 means she's not just a healbot, she can also play around with the more fun staves like Sleep, Warp, Silence, and Berserk.:getin:

Niime's magic is only slightly higher and she only has two levels to work with, compared to Pent's 14. I seem to remember they gave you a few prepromotes near the level cap for no reason. Like Karel, where he has absurd growth rates but he's level 19 so, uh...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Raising Nino is the most boring, tedious poo poo ever and she doesn't even have more killing power than Pent because enemies in FE7 suck, even in HHM (there's just more of them there).

It's actually really easy, and her stats match her hair.

Though I guess that's true for Pent, too. Huh. Mages own

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nino should always become a level 20 sage who can kill everyone who has ever mean to her, and also people who were nice to her because her life is sad

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Cake Attack posted:

Nino should always become a level 20 sage who can kill everyone who has ever mean to her, and also people who were nice to her because her life is sad

So most of the party, as well as most players?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Looper posted:

It's actually really easy

So is watching paint dry.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

honestly i like leveling up late game Est characters because the endgame to pretty much every FE is kinda easy so it gives you a challenge to work on

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Why would I watch paint dry when I could be playing Fire Emblem??

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Looper posted:

Why would I watch paint dry when I could be playing Fire Emblem??

I dunno, people on the last page were talking about playing FE6...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

honestly i like leveling up late game Est characters because the endgame to pretty much every FE is kinda easy so it gives you a challenge to work on

Yeah I think it can be fun, too. Their stats aren't always worth the investment I guess, but I like doing it so whatever.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I keep telling myself I'll play the Sacae missions one day, but I know deep down in my heart I never will.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Manatee Cannon posted:

Niime's magic is only slightly higher and she only has two levels to work with, compared to Pent's 14. I seem to remember they gave you a few prepromotes near the level cap for no reason. Like Karel, where he has absurd growth rates but he's level 19 so, uh...
Niime gets to cheat a little since Apocalypse gives Magic+5, giving her 26 Magic. Admittedly, I'm a little biased toward her since "give her all the status staves" is SOP for me ever since I found out how much fun it is.

Looper posted:

I keep telling myself I'll play the Sacae missions one day, but I know deep down in my heart I never will.
Do the Sacae missions in Hard Mode while bringing Zeiss, Miledy, and Tate (and Gonzales, always bring Gonzales). Laugh as your Hard Mode god units kill/dodge basically everything.

There's an arena in Ch 17 Sacae for a reason, you know.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 8, 2014

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
There are two schools of thought with Niime. One is for the person who likes seeing flashing green numbers going "Niime has two levels and bad growths and is therefore bad." The other school is the one going, "Niime has all the stats she needs, is effectively immortal with Nosferatu and an Angelic robe, can status abuse and requires absolutely no grinding to get to useful."

Of the druids, Niime skull fucks Ray and Sophia in usefulness, with none of the hassal of trying to raise Sophia and Ray and coming in at the time where you'll start getting the status staves to play with.

I personally always subscribed to the thought process of "Yes, I can do X, but what benefit does it give me." Yes I can sit down and grind out an entire map with Nino using Oswin as a shield, or I can save everyone the time and use my already adequate units to handle it and never care again. I could, but why would I want to? Far be it from me to tell anyone what units they can or cannot use, but it's the same thing as the Amelia argument. Yeah, I can drag her to the Tower and sit there until she becomes a Knight on par with the rest of my units, now slower than the rest of my units, twiddling my thumbs while I make a popping sound with my mouth because I really wanted to use her and "So much growth!"

Or I could, in the same amount of time, beat the game.

In the end, use the units you like, but don't try to ever tell someone they're playing wrong for using X.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Still working on that Fire Emblem 4 hack despite various distractions setting me back :v: Here's a video explaining why your Dancers should stab things. Dancers refresh all adjacent units after any attack.

There's also a magic equivalent of glass weapons, scrolls that have the same stats as the A-rank tome but usable much earlier. The only difference is that they're weightless, not repairable like other weapons and only have 1 range. And yes... Bolganone does have those stats. :getin:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

your hack seems very cool, and I will play it when it's done.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

new Fire Emblem music in smash is also cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9tX4N1CrPo

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Can Of Worms posted:

Still working on that Fire Emblem 4 hack despite various distractions setting me back :v: Here's a video explaining why your Dancers should stab things. Dancers refresh all adjacent units after any attack.

There's also a magic equivalent of glass weapons, scrolls that have the same stats as the A-rank tome but usable much earlier. The only difference is that they're weightless, not repairable like other weapons and only have 1 range. And yes... Bolganone does have those stats. :getin:

We need a better way to keep in touch, preferrably one that doesn't happen every 5 months

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Cake Attack posted:

new Fire Emblem music in smash is also cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9tX4N1CrPo

That's awesome.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
I was waiting through that track for the FE4 recruitment theme to come up, and finally it was there like 3/4ths of the way through.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Wrong thread.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I was waiting through that track for the FE4 recruitment theme to come up, and finally it was there like 3/4ths of the way through.

I'm super glad there's at least something from FE4 in the game, even if it's probably only in there because it's the same recruitment theme as in FE6.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Wind God Sety posted:

I'm super glad there's at least something from FE4 in the game, even if it's probably only in there because it's the same recruitment theme as in FE6.

The Coliseum theme from FE4 is in too.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I don't remember Ilyana ever being this bad. I caught her up to Soren's level and he's solidly beating her by 2-3 in all stats including Strength (he got a lucky two points in that to her zero) and looking at their growths it seems like that isn't likely to change at all. Did I just get unlucky or is this par for the course for those two?

I know she ends up beating him out later on due to actually having a STR growth, but I'm not sure if that's going to be worth it in the short term.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 10, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

I don't remember Ilyana ever being this bad. I caught her up to Soren's level and he's solidly beating her by 2-3 in all stats including Strength (he got a lucky two points in that to her zero) and looking at their growths it seems like that isn't likely to change at all. Did I just get unlucky or is this par for the course for those two?

I know she ends up beating him out later on due to actually having a STR growth, but I'm not sure if that's going to be worth it in the short term.
FE10 or FE9, first off?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Either ways, Soren ends up far better, thanks to having higher everything else. More Strength is kind of useless if Soren does the same or higher amount of damage with a Wind Tome.
Toss a Stat Booster at him and wait for promotion and he'll never have speed problem ever again.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

FE9. I mentioned it earlier in the thread and wrongly assumed people would have read it, my bad. I played the poo poo out of FE10 and know she's good there solely because of her availability.

I guess I'll just bench her for Soren, then. Her support options seemed somewhat useful so I figured I'd try her again, but alas.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 11, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Man, I really hope that some day they do remakes of FE6 and 7 packaged as one game (on a handheld). Same with 9 and 10 (please stop putting Fire Emblem on things that aren't handhelds).

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Manatee Cannon posted:

Man, I really hope that some day they do remakes of FE6 and 7 packaged as one game (on a handheld). Same with 9 and 10 (please stop putting Fire Emblem on things that aren't handhelds).

A 6+7+8 HD remake on the 3DS is pretty much my dream at this point.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The only thing with a 6/7 remake is that they'd have to make it so you play 7 first and then 6 since chronology and all that. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FPzero posted:

The only thing with a 6/7 remake is that they'd have to make it so you play 7 first and then 6 since chronology and all that. :v:
7 has a tutorial and is the easier game so thatd make sense anyway

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

The Shortest Path posted:

FE9. I mentioned it earlier in the thread and wrongly assumed people would have read it, my bad. I played the poo poo out of FE10 and know she's good there solely because of her availability.

I guess I'll just bench her for Soren, then. Her support options seemed somewhat useful so I figured I'd try her again, but alas.

Illyana is better in FE9. FE10 is pretty harsh to mages, and aside from getting some nice effective damage late game, her stats are below average and her availability is largely cancelled out by her level disadvantage compared to the Greil mercenaries.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

7 has a tutorial and is the easier game so thatd make sense anyway

Also it would be a remake, it's not like because fe6 lacks some things 7 has that they'd keep it that way

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

A 6+7+8 HD remake on the 3DS is pretty much my dream at this point.

9+10 remake would be better.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

4/5 would also be cool

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

There isn't a good, natural way to put them together like you can 6/7 and 9/10 though. It'd still be cool to have that stuff, assuming they actually release them outside of Japan this time.

rip New Mystery of the Emblem

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

There isn't a good, natural way to put them together like you can 6/7 and 9/10 though. It'd still be cool to have that stuff, assuming they actually release them outside of Japan this time.

merge 5 into the second gen. You could combine some characters pretty easily - Mareeta/Lachke, Fee/Karin, for example

they'd need to reimagine things a bit but that could be cool

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Just translate FE5 as-is and put it on the 3DS. Give it an easy mode for everyone else I don't care.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Just translate FE5 as-is and put it on the 3DS. Give it an easy mode for everyone else I don't care.

also this

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
The idea of an Elibe game where you can subtly alter the course of history through support conversations is one I'd totally be on board with. Finally, YOU get to decide whether or not Roy is 1/4 dragon. It'd work out not only as a fun game in its own right, but also as a cute homage to FE4.

But I wonder. Considering the success of Awakening, do you think they would try to implement some of its systems? In particular, could you see a traversable world map, DLC areas, playable customized tacticians and / or class changing being brought in once again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CeallaSo posted:

The idea of an Elibe game where you can subtly alter the course of history through support conversations is one I'd totally be on board with. Finally, YOU get to decide whether or not Roy is 1/4 dragon. It'd work out not only as a fun game in its own right, but also as a cute homage to FE4.

But I wonder. Considering the success of Awakening, do you think they would try to implement some of its systems? In particular, could you see a traversable world map, DLC areas, playable customized tacticians and / or class changing being brought in once again?

Tactician is almost a given from here on out, I'd think. Two in a row, including the best selling title in the series. And if you add on that the whole tactician thing started in 7, it'd be even more of a gimmee.