Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
commish
Sep 17, 2009

I officially deleted the app from my phone. Finished at level 85. RIP HC. The game hasn't been updated since the announced lawsuit and it doesn't seem like it will anytime soon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mammalian
Nov 9, 2011

Not just any Jesus Mammalian Jesus
Started playing this a couple weeks ago, quite enjoying it so far. I applied to the guild (name: azureblue)

Just installed LoA also.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Really loving this game. I'm lvl30 and here is my current crew

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Fallen Dominion is an amazing pickup to get that early. He will carry you through the entire game.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Yeah, Fallen Dominion wrecks my poo poo every time I run into him in arena. Him and Cloud Walker are complete assholes. You'll occasionally see people farming their defense rewards by having a single high level FD or CW as the entirety of their team, so their power level is like 4-6k. Then a team of guys who are 15k can't hope to chop through all their clones and the guys HP before they go super saiyan and kill everyone.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I'm finding that Admiral gets eaten up really quickly at my current chapter IV, should I abandon her?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I'm finding that Admiral gets eaten up really quickly at my current chapter IV, should I abandon her?

Not fully, you still need her for the most part for tanking one of the Trials. If you have a better tank, yeah she wont be your mainline tank. I use Iron Hoof because I dont have Death Knight.

[EDIT] And used warrior monk before that.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Zaodai posted:

Not fully, you still need her for the most part for tanking one of the Trials. If you have a better tank, yeah she wont be your mainline tank. I use Iron Hoof because I dont have Death Knight.

I'm pretty sure you can do the female trial with a non-tank team (something like DM/VS/FM/Chaplain/Commando). Admiral is supposedly the best tank at 90 legendary, but that's a long ways away.

I'm INSANELY jealous of the guy with FD at 30. Lightning Elemental is good pre-purple as well, especially for crusade.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I applied to guild as SAmicg

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW
Dec 17, 2005
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW
I am looking for a new tank to see if I can get one that is better than Admiral, I have Deathgore and Psycopath...

Is either one of these better?

I also just pulled Master mage and Light Bringer, are they worth working on?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Pyschopath isn't really a main tank. He's useful if you know you're going to be facing an Arcane Sapper (who targets in heroes), but beyond that he mostly a secondary tank. His skills being RNG based with their multicasts can make him absolutely obliterate people you shouldn't be able to sometimes though.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Of Warior Monk, Silencer, Sniper and Lightning Spirit, which is the best one to level up?

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Of Warior Monk, Silencer, Sniper and Lightning Spirit, which is the best one to level up?

Silencer would probably be the most useful there.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I don't have Silencer or Lightning Spirit, but Sniper is fairly niche and Warrior Monk is only really useful if your only other tank is Admiral.

From what I've read, Silencer remains useful for a long time, because he's got good damage mixed with good utility (and a mana burn!)

Warm Woolen Pants
Jan 13, 2008

If you know what I mean...
Silencer's awesome, but you need to farm his shards from elite missions ASAP, because you still need to rank him up to 4* minimum to make him end-game viable. Investing in him is a good idea.

Lightning Spirit is just bad, Sniper's good on, like, one raid, and Warrior Monk is a third-rate tank that's maybe slightly better than Admiral before 90.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I just unlocked Outland tonight, and man gently caress that place. I don't have enough flying heroes to fight the ice dragon. :saddowns: Phoenix and Old Curse do good damage, but I've got literally nobody else that is considered flying that I can tell. I guess I could go pick up Pilot from the crusade shop? That'd be a third, even if it would be a tremendous waste of gold and exp to get him in fighting shape.

I was hoping succubus would count just because she has wings, but no dice.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Get a Poisoned One eventually and put some (frozen) people up front to soak hits. Outland starts out super hard for the most part when a new tier opens up, including the first one. Build up your collection for it and just keep trying.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Silencer has been a game changer in the campaign mode, I just got Commando as well. The 30 day IAP has been really great

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

DemonMage posted:

Get a Poisoned One eventually and put some (frozen) people up front to soak hits. Outland starts out super hard for the most part when a new tier opens up, including the first one. Build up your collection for it and just keep trying.

The problem with getting a Poisoned One if I recall is that it competes with Death Knight for my already asinine Arena Coin requirement. I can get thousands of Crusade coins a day, be buying up multiple heroes of stuff and still making profit. Arena coins? Nope, like 40-100 a day.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Death Knight isn't really worth buying. By the time you can afford him his usefulness falls off drastically. Poisoned One is good for guild raids, outland, and is decent at Crusade/Grand Arena, and can even be used story maps I suppose.

Old Curse is the best one to get, and then either Drunken or Poisoned probably.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I pulled Old Curse from a gold chest at one point, so I've already got him.

I guess my other problem is that the Arena Coin ones all seem to be 80 crystal guys. So you get them at a trickle, and then have to buy a shitload of 5 crystal packs to even be able to use one. I'm nowhere near getting Death Knight, and to switch to Poisoned one would be a few weeks of crystals straight up gone too. The arena pacing seems to be retarded either way. I guess I'll look into switching to Poisoned One though.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I just got Old Curse, what is he best used for? Also now that I got Commando, who should I get in crusade coins?

Zetetica
Jan 22, 2010

I just got Old Curse, what is he best used for? Also now that I got Commando, who should I get in crusade coins?

Old curse is great anywhere you need aoe magic damage. I use him a lot in crusades since you end up being able to use his stun nearly every round.

After buying commando, continue to purchase commando coins to level her up and improve her stats. Mystic, Phoenix, and frost Mage are all worth getting too.

Basilisk
Jul 10, 2004

Pirates have it all – cool hats, swords, and hooks for hands.

Zaodai posted:

I just hit level 90 recently (and have been successfully farming Valkyrie 6 for some time) and I used Depth's Voice exclusively as my female tank. She's fantastic, and has a cool Legendary ability if you get that far!

Basilisk
Jul 10, 2004

Zaodai posted:

I just unlocked Outland tonight, and man gently caress that place. I don't have enough flying heroes to fight the ice dragon. :saddowns: Phoenix and Old Curse do good damage, but I've got literally nobody else that is considered flying that I can tell. I guess I could go pick up Pilot from the crusade shop? That'd be a third, even if it would be a tremendous waste of gold and exp to get him in fighting shape.

I was hoping succubus would count just because she has wings, but no dice.

The dragon outland is probably the most expensive to prepare for, and I don't think the items it drops are very useful in the late game once you finally have a full team for it. Pilot isn't going to help much because he dies really quickly - probably better to focus your efforts on an easier portal like Lord of Caves, Phoenix, or Savage Blood.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I beat today's portal (the spear guy) with a double-KO by throwing out Shadowleaf's ult right as he used his last health sacrifice. It turns out ties go to the player in this game. :v:

I probably could have gotten a lot closer if I had played less like a 'tard, though.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Zaodai posted:

I beat today's portal (the spear guy) with a double-KO by throwing out Shadowleaf's ult right as he used his last health sacrifice. It turns out ties go to the player in this game. :v:

I probably could have gotten a lot closer if I had played less like a 'tard, though.

I was going to say SL was a bad choice for that portal, but I guess cold arrow slows his attacks down some?

Lightning Elemental is a niche pick for Raged Blood too- his attack steal is awesome.

Booyah
Dec 10, 2007
NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR BORING RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS

ImsaKidd posted:

I was going to say SL was a bad choice for that portal, but I guess cold arrow slows his attacks down some?

Lightning Elemental is a niche pick for Raged Blood too- his attack steal is awesome.

If portals worked like every other aspect of this game, slowing raged blood would actually slowdown the rate at which he jumps and loses hp. Of course, portals are completely odd so maybe the slow does help?

Generally heroes work by doing X number of attacks, then a skill. Example: mystic does something like attack>>blind>>attack>>>attack>>>harmony then repeats. There was an awesome explanation on the forums let me see if O can find it.

Easiest way to beat low level raged blood is to stack beefy tanks and as many healers as you can get. LE does have some use here also, as was mentioned.

Guide = http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.php?33087-Guide-Hero-skill-order

Booyah fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 28, 2015

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Booyah posted:

If portals worked like every other aspect of this game, slowing raged blood would actually slowdown the rate at which he jumps and loses hp. Of course, portals are completely odd so maybe the slow does help?

Generally heroes work by doing X number of attacks, then a skill. Example: mystic does something like attack>>blind>>attack>>>attack>>>harmony then repeats. There was an awesome explanation on the forums let me see if O can find it.

Easiest way to beat low level raged blood is to stack beefy tanks and as many healers as you can get. LE does have some use here also, as was mentioned.

Guide = http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.php?33087-Guide-Hero-skill-order

Right- I was going to suggest using tanks + Chaplain too.

Slowing Raged Blood might actually be bad, if it slowed his combo enough so that he wouldn't do enough self-harming attacks. Shrug.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, tanks + chaplain is the way to go for Raged Blood. Disease Bringer and Cloud Walker are also extremely good as they absorb a lot of damage for your tank with the golem/illusions. Lightning Elemental is by far the strongest hero for him, you only need to level him, he doesn't need gear beyond blue for the skill. The attack drain will completely neuter RB and make him a joke.

http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.php?33418-Outland-Portal-Trials-Time-Rift

That has lists of heroes that work for level 6 of the Outland Portals, which gives you an idea of what you have to work towards. Levels 1 and 2 can be done with only 1 or 2 of the specialized heroes needed, and ones like Raged Blood can be done with just your normal heroes as long as you leveled a couple tanks. Level 3 is where it starts to get tricky and level 4 you will need the core of the ideal team to have a chance.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 1, 2015

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
This guy on my server has made it to the top 10-20 with a weird healer-ish team:

Cleric, Iron Hoof, Disease Bringer, Ninja Assassin, Chaplain

I'm not sure why he runs the Ninja, maybe because of dodge?

Obviously people are having trouble attacking it, since he's always in the top 10. Any good ideas to take it down?

Booyah
Dec 10, 2007

ImsaKidd posted:

This guy on my server has made it to the top 10-20 with a weird healer-ish team:

Cleric, Iron Hoof, Disease Bringer, Ninja Assassin, Chaplain

I'm not sure why he runs the Ninja, maybe because of dodge?

Obviously people are having trouble attacking it, since he's always in the top 10. Any good ideas to take it down?

3 and 4 healer teams are common on defense at later points in the game. They're a gimmick because the way to beat them is a sucessful cc chain and then killing someone important (on that team, you need to kill cleric quickly).

To win you'll need a silencer to cc chain. Then hope you can burst a hero or 2 dead within the silencer ult.

Machinist, silencer, fd, and other heroes that do good single target burst will be key. The key to winning will be to survive/cc ninja when he jumps, because after that all his damage is gone.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
Applied to goon squad as coolspaz

Basilisk
Jul 10, 2004

The latest patch added Orange +1 and Orange +2 promotions. The big items are only available on the GA store, roughly 15k GA coins to fully upgrade a hero (in addition to farming the other gear requirements)

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea it was a partial patch. The real patch in July will add the new chapters that will let us farm those pieces from drops, and then next patch after that will add the new mode that is where most of the drops will be coming from.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
So, Soul Hunters released to the US. Itunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/soul-hunters/id982119760?mt=8

I think it's (IIRC) one of the games Heroes Charge was accused of ripping off. Totally believable, since the games are VERY similar.

The main difference I've seen so far is the heroes are different. For example- the Commando speedup aura is on a werewolf that's a "front-line support"

Give it a look if you're hopelessly addicted to these games like me....

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

ImsaKidd posted:

So, Soul Hunters released to the US. Itunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/soul-hunters/id982119760?mt=8

I think it's (IIRC) one of the games Heroes Charge was accused of ripping off. Totally believable, since the games are VERY similar.

The main difference I've seen so far is the heroes are different. For example- the Commando speedup aura is on a werewolf that's a "front-line support"

Give it a look if you're hopelessly addicted to these games like me....

Am I missing it or is there no server options?

Edit: NM. Found it on the log in screen.

Malt fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 26, 2015

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

I'm BLUE da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee...
After all the lawsuits going around because of this game, should I switch to Soul Hunters? I'm not very far into HC at all, only like level 27 or so. I've been playing both here and there but I would rather just stick to one. Is content stil being out for Heroes' Charge?

Booyah
Dec 10, 2007

FatalT posted:

After all the lawsuits going around because of this game, should I switch to Soul Hunters? I'm not very far into HC at all, only like level 27 or so. I've been playing both here and there but I would rather just stick to one. Is content stil being out for Heroes' Charge?

New heroes monthly (ucool's own too! Not even stolen,)
Level 100 cap and a new chapter as well as two new promotion levels.

So new content is still coming at least!

There also is the fact that blizzard and valve apparently have intervened on the lillith/ucool lawsuit until bliz settles with lilllith, so then they can sue ucool also.

Also consider that mlawsuits between two companies making $$$$$$ take forever (years) to settle. In all likelihood hc, dota, and soulhunters will have long died anyways.

I suggest trying sh if you want and then make the decision from there, but so far hc shows no sign of stopping 3-4 months after lawsuit announcement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

FatalT posted:

I'm playing both games right now. HC is still getting content, but it has been slower lately.

Soul Hunters is VERY similar, but there are a few differences. The heroes are similar to HC, but not exactly the same. There isn't a Outland Portal/Booty Cave/Grand Arena. There's no timer between attempts at Time Rift or Trials (huge QOL improvement!).

• Locked thread