Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lets hang out posted:

I can never do directional attacks at a distance like that, when I hit the button he always does the dash forward attack no matter what direction I'm holding on the stick, but if I continue to hold it the second or third attack that comes it will be the side dodge or whatever. Dunno what I'm doing wrong. Also have a ton of trouble making the big sword's hold-back charge attack happen when I want it to.

as far as I can tell, directional inputs only apply once you're in the combo, the combo opener is its own thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shoren posted:

Digital preorders can preload on both PS4 and Xbone.

You can preload FFXV right now I mean?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Yes. Like it's preloaded on my system right now. I assume their will be a massive day one patch but it's preloaded

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Barudak posted:

Yes. Like it's preloaded on my system right now. I assume their will be a massive day one patch but it's preloaded

Weird, they said there wasn't going to be one which is why it was delayed again.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Conan did a clueless gamer tonight about FF XV. https://youtu.be/eXJFbsQBvLw

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Digital Foundry has a 4K look up of FFXV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew0_5fF0WaM

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The last time I beat on a worm for 72 hours was when I was in college

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Holy poo poo I think Final Fantasy XV might actually be coming out

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Augus posted:

The possibility exists.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

even a casual observer can tell ff15 will be filled with a whole lot of nothin' :(

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I fought that big level 30-something monster whose name I forgot and Prompto managed to take an action packed photo of the battle from behind every possible obstacle.

Even the photos make for such "Oh Prompto" moments

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Haha are they really going to have a boss that takes 3 real-life days to beat? Kojima would be proud.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Haha are they really going to have a boss that takes 3 real-life days to beat? Kojima would be proud.

Probably a Yiazmat type deal. The size and design of the adamantoise is awesome though, hadn't seen that yet.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

i'm not really sure why i'm excited for a game about driving jrock butts and fishing but here i am after 6 years of waiting

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Terper posted:

There are Final Fantasy 15 days left until release people

Now just Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn days left!! I'm excited.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Has anyone else preordered the physical edition at Amazon and gotten a delivery date of Dec. 2 - 6? Prime 2-day shipping wasn't even an option. I don't know if it's something that will just update automatically when it gets closer or whether I should give up and just buy it locally.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Augus posted:

Lol this post just jinxed it. Moving it back to February now!

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

I said come in! posted:

I can't speak for Xbone, but on PS4 the game will start to download 3 days prior to release. So I guess if you know you'll be somewhere with a dodgy internet connection on the 26th through the 29th then it might be better to go with a physical copy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shoren posted:

I can't speak for Xbone, but on PS4 the game will start to download 3 days prior to release. So I guess if you know you'll be somewhere with a dodgy internet connection on the 26th through the 29th then it might be better to go with a physical copy.

It's always a dodgy internet connection on PSN. :P But yeah, someone already said preload is going right now.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

I said come in! posted:

It's always a dodgy internet connection on PSN. :P But yeah, someone already said preload is going right now.

Mine isn't. I checked before my last post so I wouldn't spread misinformation. FFXV shows up in my PS4 game catalog, but says that the expected download date is 11/26.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Wendell posted:

Now just Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn days left!! I'm excited.

Eh, this late in the day it's more like XIII-2.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Tae posted:

Xbone is the PS2 of the generation in terms of power. It will always be the worst version of a cross platform game.
While this tends to be the case, the difference is really nowhere near as big as it was back in the PS2/original Xbox days. The PS2 generally had noticeably worse graphics and performance than its competitors on multiformat games (although the PS2 being the lead platform for most games helped a bit) whereas the Bone usually just runs at a slightly lower resolution and/or drops a few more frames. You don't get trainwrecks like the PS2 version of Max Payne these days unless something goes very wrong.

Speaking of trainwrecks, can't wait for FFXV to come out. :getin:

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Any idea where you can find other weapon types than the ones the default weapons merchant sells in the demo? I saw a video of Prompto equipped with Machinery but I haven't run into any myself

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Doc Morbid posted:

While this tends to be the case, the difference is really nowhere near as big as it was back in the PS2/original Xbox days. The PS2 generally had noticeably worse graphics and performance than its competitors on multiformat games (although the PS2 being the lead platform for most games helped a bit) whereas the Bone usually just runs at a slightly lower resolution and/or drops a few more frames. You don't get trainwrecks like the PS2 version of Max Payne these days unless something goes very wrong.

Speaking of trainwrecks, can't wait for FFXV to come out. :getin:

Agreed, it isn't as big a difference. PS2 was my system back in the day, but now I'll play the cross-platform games on GC or XB. Man was the GC underrated, I was an idiot for dismissing it back then.

Erebus posted:

Has anyone else preordered the physical edition at Amazon and gotten a delivery date of Dec. 2 - 6? Prime 2-day shipping wasn't even an option. I don't know if it's something that will just update automatically when it gets closer or whether I should give up and just buy it locally.

Mine still says 11/29, but I ore-ordered it a while back

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Nina posted:

Any idea where you can find other weapon types than the ones the default weapons merchant sells in the demo? I saw a video of Prompto equipped with Machinery but I haven't run into any myself

I wonder this myself. Gotta look for a completed map to prepare ahead of time, didn't catch much, or any useful treasure following he border on foot. Weird to not have treasure chests. (also lost track of the cavern where you get an illusionary minecart sent your way but I did find other dark spots and one inaccessible)

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Nina posted:

The only other weapon I know of is in the far north, where the ruins are. Follow along the boundaries of the area to find a small cave system, and outside the cave on the rocks is a bigass cannon that also sprays poison mist.

If there are more weapons, I haven’t been able to find them yet. Also fun fact - if you head to the far east, you can fish!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Erebus posted:

I just cancelled my Amazon physical copy and reordered it and it says release day shipping.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The bio blaster is up at the very top corner of the map, just a shiny on the ground, not sure it even had an icon on the map. iirc it was next to a cave entrance with a door inside that the demo won't let you go through.

You can fish off the pier at the beach too

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 15, 2016

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

CodfishCartographer posted:

The only other weapon I know of is in the far north, where the ruins are. Follow along the boundaries of the area to find a small cave system, and outside the cave on the rocks is a bigass cannon that also sprays poison mist.

If there are more weapons, I haven’t been able to find them yet. Also fun fact - if you head to the far east, you can fish!

That's two more things to do in the demo for me then. I did explore the ruins but I must've missed the cave

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Nina posted:

That's two more things to do in the demo for me then. I did explore the ruins but I must've missed the cave

More random small stuff I've found, dunno how well known it all is:

There's a tunnel you can walk through to the west.

There's what looks like a temple in the northwest corner. It's locked, but when you examine it a special icon appears on the map pointing it out. There's also some unique enemies before you get to it!

There's a wrecked building leading to a special area to the northeast, above the fishing area.

Somewhere in the north I think? At night you can run into a flame-sword Iron Giant. Dunno the exact location though.

There's a cactuar north of Cidney's garage :3: Good luck finding it though, because holy poo poo is it small and runs around fast. You can fight it if you're quick but you need to kill it ASAP or it'll flee, and your MP is NOT gunna be able to sustain dashing after it.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 15, 2016

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

CodfishCartographer posted:

There's a cactuar north of Cidney's garage :3: Good luck finding it though, because holy poo poo is it small and runs around fast. You can fight it if you're quick but you need to kill it ASAP or it'll flee, and your MP is NOT gunna be able to sustain dashing after it.

Yeah the moment you see it just blast all your magic at it. It took out Noctis in one hit, got me hit with a confusion status effect and swooped away in an instant.

On the bright side it's adorable.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

There are three dungeons in the demo area, all locked off but something to keep in mind for the actual game
I heard talk of people glitching into these dungeons but none of them gave a lot of details so it might just be talk.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I'd like to know more about how magic works. I know you can draw elemental energy from nodes you find, and then dump it into consumable spells (along with potions or whatever). But from what I've seen it looks like it takes a lot of the elemental energy to make spells. So do you only get like 1 or 2 spells that you use up and then they're gone until you find a bunch more nodes to make another one? If so, RPG hoarder syndrome means magic will never get used, ever.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Schwartzcough posted:

I'd like to know more about how magic works. I know you can draw elemental energy from nodes you find, and then dump it into consumable spells (along with potions or whatever). But from what I've seen it looks like it takes a lot of the elemental energy to make spells. So do you only get like 1 or 2 spells that you use up and then they're gone until you find a bunch more nodes to make another one? If so, RPG hoarder syndrome means magic will never get used, ever.

Nodes will give you 30-40 out of a maximum 99 elemental charge, so you probably won't be starving for it.
The amount of charge you put in is up to you, the amount you put in dictates the strength of the spell. You can dump 99 of each element into 3 casts of an ultra-strong spell, or you can make a bunch of weak ones instead.
I can't go into that much more detail because its a Japanese demo and I couldn't really experiment that much with what effects different items have on the spell, since I didn't understand any of the text.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You only have a limited number of bottles to hold spells in so you don't even get the choice to hoard them

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
There is also a fire greatsword near where you fought the bighorn. I think it is in or after the valley full of birds. Look for animal/dino skelettons on the ground.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Saint Freak posted:

I just cancelled my Amazon physical copy and reordered it and it says release day shipping.

I figured out the problem -- it's because I was trying to ship to an Amazon locker. When I set it to home delivery it changed to release day shipping.

The locker's like three blocks away so I don't know why it makes such a big difference, but maybe it was going to be full on the 29th or something.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The magic system of being able to pump up a spell's power up to 99 for a super charged attack is a really interesting way that will never be used because most people will just hoard magic like precious elixer.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Is that demo going to be made available for us PlayStation accounts? It looks like it would be fun but I don't have time to jump through the hoops to set up a japan account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Tae posted:

The magic system of being able to pump up a spell's power up to 99 for a super charged attack is a really interesting way that will never be used because most people will just hoard magic like precious elixer.

I'd say it'll be used, because if you don't then you'll be capped on magic pretty quick, and then you're passing up magic draw points all over the place.

• Locked thread