Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

bobbilljim posted:

re: cocktails the pro choice at a bar is to just ask for vodka in a glass

one time at a show i ordered a bottle of water because i was too drunk, but it was loud and the bartender thought i said 'vodka and water' and made me the grossest loving drink i've ever had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Schadenboner posted:

Pernod is really good though?

im thinking about serving salmiakki koskenkorva as pernod to a frenchman and loling

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

bobbilljim posted:

re: cocktails the pro choice at a bar is to just ask for vodka in a glass

why don’t you just bring a flask

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
well i mean i would usually just drink at home if we're going to be reductionist

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

Corla Plankun posted:

one time at a show i ordered a bottle of water because i was too drunk, but it was loud and the bartender thought i said 'vodka and water' and made me the grossest loving drink i've ever had

lol

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

bobbilljim posted:

well i mean i would usually just drink at home if we're going to be reductionist

overpaying for vodka in a glass is boring and dumb unless you’re somewhere with a vodka culture. at least get a nice sipping tequila or something. you don’t have all the liquor to make all the drinks at home, if you want more booze tip extra good or order drinks that are just booze

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

actually, all drinks are good

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
a martini is just a socially acceptable way to take a shot of vodka in public

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
martini are gin though

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah all those "classy" people in movies who order martinis like "gin, stirred, made in the light filtered through an unopened bottle of vermouth" are just dressing up morbid alcoholism

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
once i wanted to make martini’s but could only afford the vermouth and no gin so just drank vermouth all night

aaahhhhh youth

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

once i wanted to make martini’s but could only afford the vermouth and no gin so just drank vermouth all night

aaahhhhh youth

one of my first teen drunks (and it was a beauty) was just a bottle of vermouth

we had captured a box of booze from the new kid in town's grandparents' garage and that's what i was left with

now i still love the stuff and occasionally drink it straight

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

one of my friends would get Gin from their parents place so we would, for some reason i cannot fathom to this day, get wasted on Gin and Coke

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bobbilljim posted:

one of my friends would get Gin from their parents place so we would, for some reason i cannot fathom to this day, get wasted on Gin and Coke

I couldn't even stomach this as a college freshman

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

it's probably the worst way to drink gin

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when someone thinking adding vodka to beer is a good way to just kick it up a notch

once I just drank vodka and cordial lol. then drank a bottle of cough medicine. lol

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
whole foods protip: those sparkling italian sodas go great with vodka :discourse:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
my college buddies and I used to play basketball (like half court 3 on 3) while drinking vodka + gatorade :v:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Dislike button posted:

a martini is just a socially acceptable way to take a shot of vodka in public

more like 4-5 shots

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sagebrush posted:

yeah all those "classy" people in movies who order martinis like "gin, stirred, made in the light filtered through an unopened bottle of vermouth" are just dressing up morbid alcoholism

all the jokes about "three martini lunches" are referring to a lunch in which individual participants had 10-15 standard units ("drinks") of alcohol

no important decisions getting made that afternoon, one hopes

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dis how i drink my beer https://fat.gfycat.com/MiserlyFrighteningAfricanwilddog.mp4

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ie all at once

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

all the jokes about "three martini lunches" are referring to a lunch in which individual participants had 10-15 standard units ("drinks") of alcohol

no important decisions getting made that afternoon, one hopes

Herodotus posted:

If an important decision is to be made, they [the Persians] discuss the question when they are drunk, and the following day the master of the house where the discussion was held submits their decision for reconsideration when they are sober. If they still approve it, it is adopted; if not, it is abandoned. Conversely, any decision they make when they are sober, is reconsidered afterwards when they are drunk.

worked for the persians

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lyon posted:

worked for the persians

i like the way they think (thought)

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
the gimlet is a fine cocktail. it tastes of cold, lime, and memories of my alcoholic grandmother.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kuvo posted:

my college buddies and I used to play basketball (like half court 3 on 3) while drinking vodka + gatorade :v:

tequila + lemon-lime gatorade = the worst loving margarita you've ever had

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

the gimlet is a fine cocktail. it tastes of cold, lime, and memories of my alcoholic grandmother.

cucumber gimlets with hendrick's are pro as gently caress

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Captain Foo posted:

tequila + lemon-lime gatorade = the worst loving margarita you've ever had

frozen undiluted lime aide, high life, and el toro

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

echinopsis posted:

when someone thinking adding vodka to beer is a good way to just kick it up a notch

a shot of scotch in a glass of dirty bastard owns and gets you hosed up with a swiftness

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i think i'll try gin-and-7-up this weekend. or maybe gin-and-sprite, although that's probably too sweet

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cat Face Joe posted:

frozen undiluted lime aide, high life, and el toro

at least that'd be cold, i tried to drink tequilade warm

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Captain Foo posted:

cucumber gimlets with hendrick's are pro as gently caress

this guy knows his booze

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

prefect posted:

i think i'll try gin-and-7-up this weekend. or maybe gin-and-sprite, although that's probably too sweet
"Christmas tree water"

I prefer gin and club soda with lime or a flavored seltzer

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Kenny Logins posted:

"Christmas tree water"

I prefer gin and club soda with lime or a flavored seltzer

I think that's actually Gin and Orbitz?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh my god gross

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdMTl9zHQ9Y

TheToxicEuphoria
Feb 26, 2008

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
i should make a gimlet with lime la croix.

i'll call it 'the millenial'

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

vodka saturday my comrades

never gonna forget :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
pregaming a bit before the Thrill Kill Kult show tonight, I’ve already had a beer, a fuckin great G&T, and a Basil Hayden’s (neat)

here’s to gettin lit for Satan on a Monday night motherfuckers :black101: :cheers: