Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

The lucky banner got me Hope's USB and Galuf's Imperil BSB, and the gem-only banner got me Penelo's USB, Yuffie's USB, DCecil's RM, and a dupe Noel burst. I took Vivi's BSB2 from the selection list, because the faithga from it dovetails nicely with the teams I already use him in.

I haven't tried out Hope or Penelo's USB, but Yuffie and Tidus USBing it up together is like a freaking meatgrinder. I also have Yuffie's mirror image LM and her legend dive, and it makes her almost impossible to hit AND a monster DPS in physical fights. Penelo will be incredibly helpful for the FF12 torment and Hope...uh, I'll see if I can make him and Cid Raines (USB/BSB) work against Hades.

Happy pulls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I hear ninjas are worth diving even without specific relics? Should I have at least one, then?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yuffie and Shadow are your best choices because they have native w-cast LM2s and generic +ninja damage nodes. Edge is slightly worse because his nodes are +katana damage, so it restricts his equipment options. It's not a bad idea to dive them, because the ninja abilities are the highest dps physical elemental abilities in the game as long as you can maintain two pblinks. Personally, I wouldn't do it for a character that you don't have any SB for, just because you'd end up wasting all your soul juice.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Conversely, I dove Shadow a long time ago with just his BSB/SSB and it has been far and away my best dive. Most fights I use him in I don't use his bar at all for either SB.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

The lucky banner got me Hope's USB and Galuf's Imperil BSB, and the gem-only banner got me Penelo's USB, Yuffie's USB, DCecil's RM, and a dupe Noel burst. I took Vivi's BSB2 from the selection list, because the faithga from it dovetails nicely with the teams I already use him in.

I haven't tried out Hope or Penelo's USB, but Yuffie and Tidus USBing it up together is like a freaking meatgrinder. I also have Yuffie's mirror image LM and her legend dive, and it makes her almost impossible to hit AND a monster DPS in physical fights. Penelo will be incredibly helpful for the FF12 torment and Hope...uh, I'll see if I can make him and Cid Raines (USB/BSB) work against Hades.

Happy pulls!

Penelo's USB is basically identical to Rosa's USB except it replaces Magic Blink with Physical Blink. The only thing that keeps her from being quite on the same level is the inability to spam Wrath to keep it up constantly. On the other hand, she works as a debuffer for content that isn't near-immune to that, so it's still just as good kit.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Tiamat was starting to piss me off so I did this guy instead

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
This is definitely the equivalent of a 16 billion seed beating a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament. I was sure this wasn’t possible but Curilla is low key good at high level poo poo.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

What do you have for Curilla? What makes her good with high level stuff?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Zonko_T.M. posted:

What do you have for Curilla? What makes her good with high level stuff?

Her USB boosts ATK/MAG/DEF and gives a radiant shield which is useful when the damage comes in hot and heavy

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I wish you could just turn off the cutscenes in the whatever dungeons. Or if the skip function just needed one press. It's tedious but I just have to get that mythril and water.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Lights posted:

4/11, Yuna's Grand Summon Overdrive plus some junk materia I don't think I'll use.

What're the pro picks from this BSB selection? I was thinking maybe Cloud's BSB2 since I have his AOSB and USB1?

Cloud BSB2 definitely wouldn't be bad, since it would give you a source of en-wind for him, although you will probably need an entrust bot or two to make enough gauge for him. The burst itself is pretty good, since the command one scales with higher attack and can doublecast if you have him full dove.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Bullshitted my way through this fight, third time’s the charm and my first clear is a sub 30s!

I’m starved for holy stuff though, so Hades might not be achievable for awhile.

Physical:
Cecil: BSB2/Glint
Beatrix: BSB1
Celes: SSB/BSB1
Orlandeau: BSB
Marche: BSB

Magical:
Rem BSB/USB
Raines BSB

And that’s about it off the top of my head.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got sephiroth magic pantsu, 2x sephiroth glint, and cloud glint off of this 11 draw, how'd i do thread

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
those are some of the top items on the banner, so grats!

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Looks like JP is getting a greens shop overhaul so it might be worthwhile for global players to start hoarding their greens. Looks like crystals, arcanas and 4/5 star motes will be available.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

saltylopez posted:

Looks like JP is getting a greens shop overhaul so it might be worthwhile for global players to start hoarding their greens. Looks like crystals, arcanas and 4/5 star motes will be available.

Oh man I only have 400,000 greens :/

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Oh thank god, there's such a drought of 5 star motes right now.

I know torments give loads but you practically need legend dives to clear them in a timely manner, so. I might try some of the 220 ones with just two in-Realm people and three top level beaters. Is that viable?

I am looking forward to legend diving my USB2/AOSB/LMR/Glint Tifa soon, though. She will get up there with TGC in terms of asskicking when the good Earth Monk abilities come.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you haven't looked into them i think all the crystal tower stuff gives out 5* motes too and it is easier(?) than the torment stuff

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

saltylopez posted:

In more detail:
-Crystals and major arcana will be sold in limited quantity, refreshing every other week
-4/5* motes and MC3 crystals will be sold in limited quantity, refreshing every month
-Crystals, major arcana, orbs, and 3* motes will be sold in unlimited quantities. Presumably the unlimited crystals and arcana will cost more than the limited ones.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Yeah CT's aren't too bad, if you can do 3* magicites you can do the first 3 floors of CTs for the most part; maybe not all of them at once, depends on your SB spread. I was finally able to clear all 3 since I finally pulled some group mag/atk/radiant SBs, before my buffing was basically concentrated on tyro/Ok

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cowcaster posted:

if you haven't looked into them i think all the crystal tower stuff gives out 5* motes too and it is easier(?) than the torment stuff

30 of each if you do all four without backing out. And we get one of those every month or so. Good to go for what you can, but I think fests are still the main source of the things unless the new greens store is VERY generous.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

saltylopez posted:

5 star motes will be available.

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is there anyone that can carry me through a difficulty 80+ raid? It's the last thing I need for Book Of Trials 5.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Kheldarn posted:

Is there anyone that can carry me through a difficulty 80+ raid? It's the last thing I need for Book Of Trials 5.

I'm sitting in the lobby for d80 Bottomswell now, if you're still looking for someone. I've had a bad habit of putting raids off lately, so I still need to clear it anyway.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cattail Prophet posted:

I'm sitting in the lobby for d80 Bottomswell now, if you're still looking for someone. I've had a bad habit of putting raids off lately, so I still need to clear it anyway.

OK. Never done a Raid before. How do we join up?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
The discord in the first post is pretty great for putting together MP. Don't be shy about asking.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I saw you pop in briefly, but then you disappeared? Not sure what happened there, but you were doing it right. There's a way to set raids to private so you need a code to join, but, uh, that doesn't really seem necessary atm.

E: Welp. There's no accounting for netcode, I guess. :v:

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 28, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ugh. The raid dropped connection on me.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I can still get you through the 120 no problem, if you wanted to try again. My internet isn't exactly the greatest, though, so there's a decent chance it was my fault you dropped.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I hope jonkun is you; otherwise I'm with randos...

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Nah, I'm a lazy rear end who refuses to change from the default. You'll probably still be fine though.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cattail Prophet posted:

Nah, I'm a lazy rear end who refuses to change from the default. You'll probably still be fine though.

Ah, OK. Yeah, they carried me through just fine. Thanks for the attempt, however.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah, definitely get on the discord for help with MP. There are people who can carry you through any fight up to and including the 220s. And if you're hosting they'll appreciate saving the stamina.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cattail Prophet posted:

E: Welp. There's no accounting for netcode, I guess. :v:

FFRK netcode is terrible.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I stopped bothering with public multiplayer because it normally took 5-10 minutes to find a group and then almost every time we'd crash out. It's a shame that there's good rewards locked behind it.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I haven't done a multiplayer raid since mote dungeons got added

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

You can also just solo the raids with a regular 5 man team - this is sometime even easier.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Yeah I never did the multiplayer raids until I realised I could solo them

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
With the advent of Tyro Godwall, its usually easier to solo raids than going multiplayer.
Still depends on fights but Godwall really does make soloing a lot easier than before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Shock Trooper posted:

I haven't done a multiplayer raid since mote dungeons got added
The raid fights still have three mythril (80, 120, 160), major orbs (120, 160), and 12 crystals (220) tied to them along with the motes, for those that do feel the need to get all relevant rewards from things