Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

day 25:
- started doing brunet stuff. observation and pen control practice. a lot of the latter was figuring out how to make brushes in procreate adjust taper and opacity based on pressure in the brush studio to duplicate some strokes he made in photoshop - got pretty close.
- more boxes
- 10m gesture session
- i got it in my head that i wanted to draw an axe and because i am a crazy person i was like yeah, let's do GOREHOWL. decided halfway through this would be a good piece to split up into multiple days. i am going to sleep on the 80% of the sketch i did, finish the sketch with fresh eyes tomorrow, then gently caress around with painting it in watercolors in procreate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It's more Critical Role fan art! Better late than never!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MUa-Kmqyno

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Jestery posted:

Had a quick crack

Nothing serious and I'll keep at it, but I really like it

lol hell yea. i like the fish bottom left

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
I have a habit of using iridescent paint where it doesn't belong, but in this case it's justifiable.

Plus a doodle

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked
More ribbons for the ribbon god:

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

day 26

struggle day

- i finished the gorehowl sketch, messed around with painting it, and decided i was not into it enough to spend hours on getting that right
- did the brunet pen control exercise and it went better than last time.
- i drew box 31, drew the lines checking perspective, and decided i need to reassess my box drawing technique as i feel like i am not being mindful about perspective and i'm just trying to grind out the boxes.
- i did a figure drawing session that was a bit of a struggle but the end had some poses with foreshortened limbs that i did a little better on than i usually do.

i feel like i'm spinning my wheels a bit, so tomorrow i'm going to work on getting photoshop installed to get the brunet photo editing assignment done so i can start his material on figure drawing and make some progress there as well as do a little digging into drawabox's main challenge and three point perspective to see if i can come up with more mindful strats for getting the box right.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Chapter 7 Page 1

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Chapter 7 Page 2

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Messing around with Krita brushes

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

yes I know the light source is positioned wrong

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

should fix it with a flip, shouldnt take more than a few seconds

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

cumpantry posted:

should fix it with a flip, shouldnt take more than a few seconds

that didn't fix it at all!

DemihumanResources fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 18, 2024

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

lol i got got :cheers:

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Chapter 7 Page 3

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Had a leftover wing sketch but it looked like a pope hat, so

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

day 27

- i spent like an hour and a half on a photoshop assignment where you tried to match one photo to another using hue/saturation, levels/curves, and color balancing. i can get them all pretty close individually, but the last assignment is using everything on one picture and i'm way off on that. going to need to do more research.
- pen control practice
- i downloaded a copic marker brush to mess around with and drew a bad grape. not sure i dig the brush but it does look like copics so idk.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Southern Cassowary posted:

day 27

- i spent like an hour and a half on a photoshop assignment where you tried to match one photo to another using hue/saturation, levels/curves, and color balancing. i can get them all pretty close individually, but the last assignment is using everything on one picture and i'm way off on that. going to need to do more research.
- pen control practice
- i downloaded a copic marker brush to mess around with and drew a bad grape. not sure i dig the brush but it does look like copics so idk.

dang that *does* look like copics. I don't think it's a bad grape! A bit under saturated maybe.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

HopperUK posted:

dang that *does* look like copics. I don't think it's a bad grape! A bit under saturated maybe.

yeah i was trying to color match a specific copic color and i was having a hard time getting it to darken when you layer colors. didn't feel like it was doing the thing. might be user error on my part.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Chapter 7 Page 4

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Chapter 7 Page 5

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

day 28

productive day

- i did some youtube research on photoshop color correction and took another crack at the final part of this brunet assignment. it's a little washed out and overly yellow in kind of a 60s postcard way, which i think fits the art, so i'm going to roll with it. here's where the assignment starts and where i was able to get it to:

this might be a dorkroom thing but if you are good at photoshop color stuff i'd be interested in hearing your approach to how you'd do this exercise.

- pen control exercises
- did a 10m gesture drawing session where i felt very free and was making progress in terms of not being sketchy and just putting pencil to tablet and getting what i wanted to come out in one stroke. pretty happy about that.
- i did some more boxes where i draw in the lines for the back corner by cheating and drawing in the lines using a straight edge and i'm realizing how i'm seeing the perspective of the box incorrectly, which is useful.
- i saw a youtube thumbnail of a natural bodybuilder who painted the deltoid, bicep, and tricep over his arm, and decided to sketch that as an exercise.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Practicing doing various eyes and expressions

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Flambeau posted:

Had a leftover wing sketch but it looked like a pope hat, so

Elden ring rear end pope

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Chapter 7 Page 6

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Chapter 7 Page 7

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop

Shinmera posted:

Chapter 7 Page 7

Do you have a link to start from the beginning?

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

The first page is here: https://studio.tymoon.eu/view/2514

You can use the left arrow < below the page to go through, though since that's just a gallery view it'll occasionally show my other drawings I did intermittently.

I'll have a more easy to read version available once it's fully done.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

:eyepop:

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

I wanted to see if I could do a satin-like look and got some nice results using Krita's blend and smear brushes

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

DemihumanResources posted:

I wanted to see if I could do a satin-like look and got some nice results using Krita's blend and smear brushes

this is really cool, definitely comes across as satin

day 29

i was uninspired
- did some boxes
- did a gesture drawing session
- decided to roll with trying to do a motorcycle helmet cause i wanted to see if i could do the subtle highlights on a face shield. tried the copic brush again, think i'm just not a fan of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bleachneedle
Aug 6, 2004

Happy Frog
I decided to start streaming my drawings for fun, so here is a link to my Twitch channel. If anyone wants to come and suggest something for me to draw I'd be happy to do so!
https://twitch.tv/chrisleehinson