Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

FISHMANPET posted:

We went to PetSmart to get some litter and such, and they had some pets for adoption there. One was a 7 year old fat orange lazy guy named Chester. We wanted him so bad, but we're not really ready for two cats yet.

adopt that cat bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

Trig Discipline posted:

YES YOU ARE GO GET CHESTER

this, yeah, because "cat awesomeness" scales exponentially so two cats is four times as awesome as one cat because they play together and somteimes fight and its hella cute. we just had one cat for like two years and she was kinda fat and lazy. we got her a friend from the humane society (bought her at "dollar cat night" i poo poo you not) and now she's losing weight because they play together a lot.

also kitten piles :3:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Slack Motherfucker posted:

"dollar cat night"

:aaa:

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
got :10bux: and a sack

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

I got four rooms in my house guess I should get four cattes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
get more. cats can be stacked to save room.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Coffee Jones posted:

In conclusion, Maru is a cat of variety.

which they call maize

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-cat-shot-cat-survives-after-being-shot-19-times-20110208,0,3531887.story

wanna shoot this guy 19 times with a .22

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

quote:

What I want to know is what is wrong with the woman who owns the cat? I mean, she said she "hopes the punishment isn't to harsh", is she nuts or is she sleeping with the dude or what? This clown SHOT HER CAT 18 TIMES. Sure it was with a bb, but that's beside the point. Doesn't she know that the majority of SERIAL KILLERS start out by abusing animals?

society, ladies and gentlemen

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

pik_d posted:

video games in living room

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

got dat wmd posted:

video games in living room

that is where the majority of people keep video games, yes

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

If someone shot my cat even once with a BB I would wreck their life to the point where they had to move to a different city, no joke

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Trig Discipline posted:

YES YOU ARE GO GET CHESTER

We live in a 966 Sq ft 2 bedroom apartment, and I don't really have a good place to put a second litter box (is that necessary?)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

FISHMANPET posted:

a second litter box (is that necessary?)

no

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

FISHMANPET posted:

We live in a 966 Sq ft 2 bedroom apartment, and I don't really have a good place to put a second litter box (is that necessary?)

two cats one box is entirely doable

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
most sites recommend that you have 1 box per cat + 1

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

A Curvy Goonette posted:

that is retarded

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the number of boxes is insignificant, what matters is whether your cats will share and how often you change them

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

A Curvy Goonette posted:

That's what the guide from the humane society said, but I think they're a part of the kitty litter cabal. Also that poo poo was expensive at the shelter. 9 bucks for little jar that was a little more than enough to fill the box, and at Petsmart we got a giant loving bucket for 11 bucks.

rotor posted:

adopt that cat bro
Texted that to my fiancée, she is the best (even better than my catte)

~*~a girl~*~ posted:

You mean "adoptte thatte catte" ;)

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

just relaying what sites say man

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FISHMANPET posted:

That's what the guide from the humane society said, but I think they're a part of the kitty litter cabal. Also that poo poo was expensive at the shelter. 9 bucks for little jar that was a little more than enough to fill the box, and at Petsmart we got a giant loving bucket for 11 bucks.

are you 12

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

sorry about ur goony gf

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
let's compare two scenarios

in scenario 1 you have three cats, four litterboxes, and you change/scoop them all once a week the day before the trash goes out

in scenario 2 you have three cats, one litterbox, and you change/scoop it four times a week

in which scenario is the maximum amount of standing turds-in-box (known in the biz as MaxTIB) attained?

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

i play video games i don't know anything about math or women.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

owning cats and fetishizing them is gross and embarassing

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Trig Discipline posted:

let's compare two scenarios

in scenario 1 you have three cats, four litterboxes, and you change/scoop them all once a week the day before the trash goes out

in scenario 2 you have three cats, one litterbox, and you change/scoop it four times a week

in which scenario is the maximum amount of standing turds-in-box (known in the biz as MaxTIB) attained?

I scoop the box every morning like a boss, because Ben is needy.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FISHMANPET posted:

I scoop the box every morning like a boss, because Ben is needy.

we have multiple boxes and scoop every other day

more often now that we have franklin, who we now call Stanklin for good reason because holy poo poo

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
i do it like a couple times a month

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
teenage cats are apparently composed of toxic waste and burning tires on the inside

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

i got an application to volunteer at the local humane society. thinking i could help them out with their comps/web page

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Trig Discipline posted:

we have multiple boxes and scoop every other day

more often now that we have franklin, who we now call Stanklin for good reason because holy poo poo

At first Ben was a night pooper. He would wait until we would go to sleep to take care of business. That was great because the litter would absorb the smell and the poop would dry over night. Now sometimes he waits until I've scooped the pee in the morning, then comes and does his business, which is just horrendous. Worse than anything I've ever done I'm pretty sure, and he's such a little guy!

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

we have 3 cats, 2 boxes, scoop daily in the morning. works out well.

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

PipeRifle posted:

All my cats have been rescue / barn / shelter cats and they're the best cats ever in the world. If you pay for a cat every time it is bad you'll be like "goddamn it cat I paid $X for you you should behave better" so it's better if that number is like a $35 adoption fee so you don't feel as owned

whats the % of dud cats

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Trig Discipline posted:

teenage cats are apparently composed of toxic waste and burning tires on the inside

Go get some heater pellets and use those as litter. Compressed pine sawdust. Helps against the smell greatly as long as the cat buries their dukes (unlike our female Lulu who shits and runs :mad: ).

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

El Jackalope posted:

Go get some heater pellets and use those as litter. Compressed pine sawdust. Helps against the smell greatly as long as the cat buries their dukes (unlike our female Lulu who shits and runs :mad: ).

frank shits and runs too :argh:

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

Trig Discipline posted:

frank shits and runs too :argh:

2/3 of our cats poo poo and run too but we got some litter box deodorizer poo poo and giant one of those cone-shaped renuzit odor neutralizer thangs that we put above the box and it works ok

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
never seen a cat that did not love cardboard boxes

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

haveblue posted:

never seen a cat that did not love cardboard boxes

jackson is actually afraid of boxes. he won't go in them, and if you put him in one he will immediately jump out.

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
cat is getting on pretty good. we just got a covered filter jobbie box for him because he does stinky turds the size of a man. we also got him a laser and a scratch mat thing, and a stick with a rope on it and a little fuzzy blanket, and an outside cat house for during the day.

he's not a pet.

my missus is calling him Fezzik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

that's a cat who knows he's a pet