Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

HHH has found a way to keep Vince away from the product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

achillesforever6 posted:

"Are you ready to ride the roller coaster?"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Adrian Neville to debut as a Kingsman.

*joke about CM Punk's rear end to close his debut*

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He'll have Michael Hayes as his manager for a memorable, bloody five minutes.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

achillesforever6 posted:

It's a 9 hour loop of 6'4 muscle guys to keep him occupied like a child in a playpen.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Especially when it's easily demonstrable that a lighter schedule = longer career. See: The fact that Yuji Nagata, Minoru Suzuki and Manabu Nakanishi are still working and doing, at worst (let's be honest, Nakanishi), decent work.

These are all real bad examples. Nagata suffered a stroke in 2008 and has suffered pretty bad head injuries before that. Nakanishi suffered a spinal cord injury a few years ago that put him out of action for a year and a half. And Suzuki spent a long time away from pro wrestling getting beat up in legit fights before returning in '03.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Especially when it's easily demonstrable that a lighter schedule = longer career. See: The fact that Yuji Nagata, Minoru Suzuki and Manabu Nakanishi are still working and doing, at worst (let's be honest, Nakanishi), decent work.

Chono has been ruined physically for more than 20 years, Muto for over a decade, Kobashi for 15 years and is retired, Misawa is dead, Tanahashi is a physical wreck and Nakamura is becoming one.

Nakanashi was barely decent at his peak.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

One story I remember from the night Misawa died was that Akiyama was in so much pain that he couldn't go out to the ring with the other guys when the accident occurred. He vacated his title the next day to get himself looked at.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

schweens posted:

That Ricochet pic rules:

I saw a random episode of Total Divas and saw his house which was MENTAL. He seems like such a robot and I don't blame him being such a company man. I hear he likes cigars, cool dude. Robot dude.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Germ Incubator posted:

It's a 9 hour loop of 6'4 muscle guys to keep him occupied like a child in a playpen.

Okada in an Okada cutout is maybe the best photo ever posted here.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

simosimo posted:

I saw a random episode of Total Divas and saw his house which was MENTAL. He seems like such a robot and I don't blame him being such a company man. I hear he likes cigars, cool dude. Robot dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-OO5NlcaJU

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Goddamn, Cena as some kind of smoldering, American Psycho-level perfectionist maniac is utterly fascinating

If the WWE had the guts to portray that side of his character on RAW I might actually watch their poo poo again

e: of course it's heavily scripted, it's reality TV. In this case it's a simulation of a simulation of a simulation

Horns fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 27, 2015

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Horns posted:

Goddamn, Cena as some kind of smoldering, American Psycho-level perfectionist maniac is utterly fascinating

If the WWE had the guts to portray that side of his character on RAW I might actually watch their poo poo again

Wow I hope this is actually heavily scripted because if not the WWE is going to have Benoit 2 but this time with actual footage of it all. With Cenas never give up attitude he will go down with a fight.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's bizarre how committed either WWE or Cena is to that part of his gimmick, actually. Like, has he ever tapped out?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

It's bizarre how committed either WWE or Cena is to that part of his gimmick, actually. Like, has he ever tapped out?

Benoit which makes you think :tinfoil:

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Just posting this because I want to say somewhere how gutted I am about Leonard Nimoy :( RIP LLAP \\//

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

simosimo posted:

Robot dude.

There's a reason Cena was called 'The Prototype' in OVW.
Robot dude.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
That loving hair

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Say Nothing posted:

Robot dude.

:vince:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Of course that's the kind of jacket he wears

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Big Bob Pataki posted:

Of course that's the kind of jacket he wears

i hope when he turns around it's a denim ribera jacket

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Uncle Dave!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Say Nothing posted:

Robot dude.

John Cena is from an alternate version of Blade Runner where they were able to keep Roy Batty alive.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Seriously, Dave is a secret, illegitimate McMahon son right?

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

If that pic is recent they have a very bad cough now :(

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

He looks like Kane's smaller brother with more hair

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

He needs to be their celebrity manager for a big show like Tom Lawlor for reDRagon before UFC got pissy about it.

Or better that challenge Rick Knox and some Tag Team in PWG.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Dave Meltzer standing ringside and yelling FIVE STARS every time the Young Bucks hit superkicks would be the best possible outcome for everyone involved tbh.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Seriously, Dave is a secret, illegitimate McMahon son right?

he's clearly the sensei from cobra kai

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

WeaponX posted:

i hope when he turns around it's a denim ribera jacket

He gave all of his Ribera jackets away actually. :(

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I like your avatar

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

wow I really want a MELTZER DRIVER EVERYBODY shirt, I should lose some weight and also make friends with people who go to shows. And have money.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

That loving hair

that loving roid gut

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

So Cracked posted an article about being an referee for an indie promotion, and page two had some WONDERFUL photos of various "Doink The Clown".

http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-unexpected-realities-being-pro-wrestling-referee_p2/

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Mob posted:

I should lose some weight and also make friends. And have money.

same

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

If every scene of TotalDivas had Cena in the background slowly and emotionlessly wiping down cabinets, with no one mentioning it, it would legitimately be my favourite show.

This would also be true if he did it on Raw come to think of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The_Master posted:

If every scene of TotalDivas had Cena in the background slowly and emotionlessly wiping down cabinets, with no one mentioning it, it would legitimately be my favourite show.
total divas is already the best wrestling show though