Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Cool to see the main campaign lived up to the hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
THE BEST FPS GAME EVER MADE COMIN’ FREE TO ALL (with psn) IN DEC

Is this the first EA title to be free on psn?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Captain Beans posted:

Is this the first EA title to be free on psn?

I don't care if you already own it on eight different platforms: loving download this poo poo and play it so we can maybe trick them into a sequel! :f5:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're the apex legends team forever now sorry

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Just release Titanfall 3 as Apex Legends Adventures: Titanfall (and don't include any of the apex characters in it)

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
P sure they’ve said apex is gonna be a big focus for next year but they still have plans for a new real titanfall game at some point.

I was still able to find a game on pc within the past week on a whim, so I’m probably going to dip back in occasionally in the near future if anyone’s still in lljk in origin.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Apex will probably be the best thing to happen to a Titanfall 3 release, it'll drum up a lot more interest and a playerbase for it then just immediately releasing titanfall 3 right after 2.

I know I'm looking forward to it in the future and my only knowledge of Titanfall 2 before Apex was that it was a really good FPS that nobody played.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 28, 2019

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That is absolutely never how it works, and the 1-2 punch of respawn making a free to play battle Royale and some lovely Star Wars game means their assimilation into the EA death system is complete

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If Bungie could get away from Activision, Battle.net launcher, keep Destiny 2 and go to Steam. There's hope for a Titanfall 3 on Steam.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Guillermus posted:

If Bungie could get away from Activision, Battle.net launcher, keep Destiny 2 and go to Steam. There's hope for a Titanfall 3 on Steam.

You missed the news? EA is returning to steam in 2020

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The real question is if your purchases will transfer ovahahaha I can't complete this sentence of course they won't

I bet you won't even be able to link your Apex account

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Tokubetsu posted:

You missed the news? EA is returning to steam in 2020

Titanfall 3 made by Respawn and outside of EA (i wish). But I hope they slap Titanfall 2 on Steam so its playerbase gets bigger on PC as it'll be on PSN on December.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Guillermus posted:

I mean respawn’s Star Wars game is on steam right now.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Jedi Fallen Order is selling like gangbusters, sitting at 92% on Steam and 82% on Metacritic.

EA has probably already begun converting Respawn into a Star Wars factory.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Captain Beans posted:

Oh poo poo, this could be fun.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wheeee posted:

Jedi Fallen Order is selling like gangbusters, sitting at 92% on Steam and 82% on Metacritic.

Good for Respawn. Since Zampella is on the board this (and the success of Apex) spells good things for the future of Titanfall.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
No joke a new Titanfall could be a system seller for me next gen. Provided it isn't hosed by EA, which seems very likely.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I bought Fallen Order on Steam but when you launch it from Steam it launches Origin to launch it. Kind of dumb. It even goes through Origin to do game updates. Not sure whats the point of it even being on Steam. :shrug:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Oh poo poo, this could be fun.

I'll definitely be firing up multiplayer again. I haven't played since Gen 10 was the cap.

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010

Wazzit posted:

I bought Fallen Order on Steam but when you launch it from Steam it launches Origin to launch it. Kind of dumb. It even goes through Origin to do game updates. Not sure whats the point of it even being on Steam. :shrug:

That’s the same for every Ubi game for the last five years. Lots of Steam games just launch launchers.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I really hope all this Respawn success is the impetus to Titanfall 3. Though at this point how diced up is the Titanfall team

I mean, Titanfall 1 & 2 were good. but didn’t exactly print money. Could I even say cult following? I feel they’re just going to make a simple business move and see that the new Star Wars game and apex legends literally printed cash and continue down that road

Titanfall/respawn may have been all about pure passion, though—especially with EA—I feel it’s all business now. Don’t blame them for selling out, I’d do the same

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I really hope all this Respawn success is the impetus to Titanfall 3. Though at this point how diced up is the Titanfall team

I mean, Titanfall 1 & 2 were good. but didn’t exactly print money. Could I even say cult following? I feel they’re just going to make a simple business move and see that the new Star Wars game and apex legends literally printed cash and continue down that road

Titanfall/respawn may have been all about pure passion, though—especially with EA—I feel it’s all business now. Don’t blame them for selling out, I’d do the same

I think they pretty much went on record saying that TF3 would be a new engine, and at that point current gen went out the window. Since Apex was modified Source I think the experiment became about seeing if it could turn a quick buck.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

is that all moot or nah?

Would a new engine be inherently a bad thing?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If they go with UE4 should be fine, I just hope they don't use Frostbite because not even :dice: can even make it work properly nowadays.

They could just stay with their modified source engine and make it prettier to keep the same movement and gun feel amd would be amazing out of the box.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Would a new engine be inherently a bad thing?

I think a lot of the quirks with TF2's movement system are distinctly because of the Source engine, so poo poo like the slide hop and the crazy super-strafe on ejects. It'd be interesting to see what would happen with a new engine but then how far can you take Source in the first place and why would you change what's not broken?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

as a console dude I ain’t losing sleep over the PC dudes and their insane map zooming antics and slide hopping

(Yes I know it’s possible with a controller)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
If Source 2 is available to them, then HL Alyx's trailer shows you can definitely get it looking real nice.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

My PS+ was running out the 10th but with Titanfall 2 being on PS+ next month I just got another year for 45€ because drat, I'm sure new people will hop in, old players will come back and I'm one of those. I can say the only reason to renew PS+ was to get the most of TF2 again.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Mordja posted:

If Source 2 is available to them, then HL Alyx's trailer shows you can definitely get it looking real nice.

VR option in Titanfall 3 :hawaaaafap:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

SpazmasterX posted:

VR option in Titanfall 3 :hawaaaafap:

I feel like I just saw this...

Titanfall 3 is real!

*monkey paw curls*

As a VR exclusive!

:smithicide:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
As A VR Haver I see no issues with this and sit on a virtual throne adorned with the skulls of lowly flat screen neanderthals

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I think a lot of the quirks with TF2's movement system are distinctly because of the Source engine, so poo poo like the slide hop and the crazy super-strafe on ejects. It'd be interesting to see what would happen with a new engine but then how far can you take Source in the first place and why would you change what's not broken?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

as a console dude I ain’t losing sleep over the PC dudes and their insane map zooming antics and slide hopping

(Yes I know it’s possible with a controller)

But it's not just movement, it's a hundred other little things that make it distinct, like gravity stars warping projectiles etc. They did some rad poo poo with that engine.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Titanfall 2 - Get in the shuttle or loving DIE!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Arbite posted:

Titanfall 2 - Get in the shuttle and probably still die

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
i've killed a shuttle in pilot vs pilot, who actually gets away in any other mode?

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
When the game was so close there’s really only one person blasting their titans core into the dropship, or so one-sided the winning team just stands around so at least these guys get the dropship bonus.

Alternatively, the winning team all try to ride the dropship.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Dropship antics were always fun and a nice addition

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wazzit posted:

To reach a larger audience.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

sigher posted:

To reach a larger audience.

Yup. It's why Ubisoft games are still on Steam despite having uplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
15K+ Players on PS4 as it's now Free with PSN+.

:getin:

https://i.imgur.com/i43qeMe.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/YBGJkj8.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/bk4sDHy.gifv

Front row seats to Aaron disintegrating this gooser.
https://i.imgur.com/g3KKRSO.gifv