Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Bootcha posted:

I too have had SC dreams.

Once I dreamed that I was meeting up with the Descent Underground guys at a hotel bar, and EP was bemoaning that his guys were getting poached by SC. So I came up with the idea that "Hey, we should fight them for the dudes", and then we agreed to a hockey game: Winner gets the dudes. I skated out and checked CR into the boards, and scored on Dan Tracey in net. I think Sandi was yelling at all of us from the bench.

Then I woke up.

ok bye

Welcome back commando

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Haha there's such determination to remain butthurt, and some fascinating conspiracy theories about goons.

The one I didn't really catch before is the charge that "goons" wanted to take over CIG gameplay:

Yeah Ben's a real loving hero :yarg:

edit: oh look the top asshat weighed in:

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 07:18 on May 24, 2016

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Not necessarily. That's why you have good attorneys, bad attorneys...and then there's Ortwin.

I guess the real joke is that poxy paralegals like Steve/LogicSol/Toast/MoMA do not even make it in that list.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ewe2 posted:

Haha there's such determination to remain butthurt, and some fascinating conspiracy theories about goons.

The one I didn't really catch before is the charge that "goons" wanted to take over CIG gameplay:

Yeah Ben's a real loving hero :yarg:

edit: oh look the top asshat weighed in:

goons ruin everything.

also what the hell is "gate camping"?

also the only bigger lol than "vitriol towards ben for moderating effectively" is ben himself

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Encounter at Fart Point :v:

The fidelity on that butt is incredible

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Encounter at Fart Point :v:

:vince:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mirificus posted:

A bit of a pattern

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that they never actually said it was a “PvE game.”

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

ManofManyAliases posted:

Funny - I started here as docile as we all were and it wasn't until I was attacked for being a backer that I merely responded in kind. So many just HAD to ask how much I backed and then rub it in my face. Then a bunch of bullshit got tossed around regarding ToS this and that and well - here we are.

A few people razzed you and you started flinging poo poo in every direction because of your incredibly fragile ego you insufferable turd.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all

alf_pogs posted:

goons ruin everything.

also what the hell is "gate camping"?

also the only bigger lol than "vitriol towards ben for moderating effectively" is ben himself

Gate camping was a term first used in mmos, I believe, in Ultima online but jump gate was the first space Sim with gate camping but was followed up in eve online.

Basically you wait at the other end of an instance, as someone is loading in you kill them before they gain control of their character while they are still on the loading screen.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

trucutru posted:

Here, watch some better than COD FPS action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTL4CBHTbvI

It's guys in suits vs dudes with finger guns. (go to 5:05)
oh wow. It never occurred to me that the platonic ideal of a fedora could be embodied by a shirt.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Who can say where the road goes

Where the day flows

Only time

Captain B'Tak
2012? idk - 2016
"But I could show my prowess / Be a lion, not a mouse / If I only had the nerve"

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/NzZ4my5.gifv

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Funny - I started here as docile as we all were and it wasn't until I was attacked for being a backer that I merely responded in kind. So many just HAD to ask how much I backed and then rub it in my face. Then a bunch of bullshit got tossed around regarding ToS this and that and well - here we are.

My gosh - I sound like Warlord Smart. Is there anyone out there that will help?

edited: I noticed Derek uses a lot of bold so I'll give it a try too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH_xZ-adR0s

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Too much, apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIGfIxXCIn8&t=74s

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

i'd gif it but the whole thing needs to be watched.

Just a head in space.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
I've heard that's how shitzen have fun.
I mean that's kind of all you can do in that game anyway

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Patch 2.4 excitement cratered already, time for a sale!

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Daztek posted:

I'm glad of it.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6680008/#Comment_6680008

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

This is a troll. It has to be. It hits every single buzzword.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Ramadu posted:

This is a troll. It has to be. It hits every single buzzword.

Fidelity and immersion are missing.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

The Buccaneer sale will either be a complete failure or a mediocre sale and will be spin doctored as having surpassed all expectations of Ben Lesnick, Developer of blindness and heart disease.
The sale total depends on how much money the meatball mafia still has to launder...

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Given how the superfans seem to all be gutless carebears I don't expect the pirate ship will sell well.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

Could we hope for another free fly week!?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hopper posted:

The Buccaneer sale will either be a complete failure or a mediocre sale and will be spin doctored as having surpassed all expectations of Ben Lesnick, Developer of blindness and heart disease.
The sale total depends on how much money the meatball mafia still has to launder...

My prediction: Cutlass owners will melt their poo poo ships (and another $10 i guess) and swap the poo poo they know for the poo poo they don't. Sale will be the worst ever, since the ship doesn't come with vague promises of future mechanics but instead is intended for dogfighting, which is both already "in the game" and incredibly poo poo.

I dunno if they can get another great sale going at this point. It would depend on promising a ship with some new immersive mechanic that they can fool the shitizens into paying for, which shouldn't be possible but you know, Star Citizen and all that

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

BattleMaster posted:

Given how the superfans seem to all be gutless carebears I don't expect the pirate ship will sell well.

That's actually a pretty good selling point for a pirate ship, but they've poisoned that well by now

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Gravity_Storm posted:

Roberts. Is. A. Genius. I'm guessing 4D VR.

So that's why the game runs at 15fps all the time, it's constantly rendering 4 viewpoints so that when humans evolve another two eyes they can still experience the game in it's full fidelitous glory.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Bootcha posted:

I too have had SC dreams.

Once I dreamed that I was meeting up with the Descent Underground guys at a hotel bar, and EP was bemoaning that his guys were getting poached by SC. So I came up with the idea that "Hey, we should fight them for the dudes", and then we agreed to a hockey game: Winner gets the dudes. I skated out and checked CR into the boards, and scored on Dan Tracey in net. I think Sandi was yelling at all of us from the bench.

Then I woke up.

ok bye

I have dreams where I fight people for dudes but they end a lot differently.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Somebody who still watches the shows, what's next after this item port stupidity and vacuum resistant boxer shorts? Any news ships flight or hangar ready, anything?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/330502

Yesterday's comm-link thread has less than a page of replies.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Space-game streamer BadNewsBaron organised a 5-vs-5 fight on a Starfarer, much jankiness happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTL4CBHTbvI

Meanwhile, the discussion on Reddit about said video is a mixture of:
  • Dreamers: "wow I can't wait until we can do WhateverRandomIdeaIHaveJustHadThatWillNeverActuallyBePossible in-game"
  • Critics: "with how buggy and janky it is, it doesn't look good"
  • Heretics: "where the hell is Star Marine?"

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad of it

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/735073083820740608

https://twitter.com/GuardFreq/status/735062643166220288

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Why.

They had no cookie so I ordered dessert equal in size...

Nononono

God help.

Fuuuuuck youuuuu.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Michaellaneous posted:

They had no cookie so I ordered dessert equal in size...
The gun's a bit drastic. It's only a film, if you want to end the pain you could just turn it off.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

tooterfish posted:

The gun's a bit drastic. It's only a film, if you want to end the pain you could just turn it off.

Just in case, my friend.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

:captainpop: :chanpop:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
The gun is so you can shoot your silent watching buddy who didn't vocally agree that Wing Commander is a 'good' film

"Moved to tears, moved to concern, it's all the same to me," Lesnik says as the blood pools and the credits roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Mr.Tophat posted:

The gun is so you can shoot your silent watching buddy who didn't vocally agree that Wing Commander is a 'good' film

"Moved to tears, moved to concern, it's all the same to me," Lesnik says as the blood pools and the credits roll.
Does it count as concealed carry if it's hidden in the folds of his armpit?

• Locked thread