Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Plutonis posted:

Huh did the Switch outsell the original Wii because I remember it being loving huge.

https://kotaku.com/comparing-nintendo-switch-sales-to-the-wiis-and-the-wii-1822621521

its pretty close but also during that period i remember the wii always being sold out everywhere so maybe it coulda been bigger back then if they had the supply

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Someone has Dinosaur Planet on ebay right now for like $15,000

Unrelated but someone in this thread said that in Mario Odyssey there was a hidden kingdom entrance somewhere in the sandwich kingdom? I beat the game and don't remember that and Google is doing nothing but telling me where hidden moons are. Can anyone elaborate or give a link? tia
It's all the way in the back corner on a little island and it takes you to the Mushroom Kingdom.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

elf help book posted:

star fox zero rules :twisted:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Pretty sure once more of the main titles like Pokémon, Smash, etc. come out, the switch sales are going to skyrocket even more.

Gonna be hard to beat, the Wii was in almost every household.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Someone has Dinosaur Planet on ebay right now for like $15,000

that was 2 n64 carts taped together with a piece of paper that says "dinosaur planet" on it, op

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

absolutely anything posted:

that was 2 n64 carts taped together with a piece of paper that says "dinosaur planet" on it, op

Uncle At Nintendo frantically trying to google "how to cancel eBay bid" on his new iPhone XS but he can't because it hasn't been connected to the internet yet.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Star Fox games should just consist exclusively of tube shooters. Any other kind of level just blows.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

dinsaur

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

idk if the switch is outselling the wii but I'm pretty sure the switch is making more money cause people are buying more games with it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The original Star Fox and 64 are good but the other ones I've played are dire.

Star fox on snes sux it's space harrier but everything is hideous and runs at 15fps. 64 kicks rear end tho

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Psychos willing to pay 20000 doll hairs for videogame cartridges deaerve to be ripped off tbh wish i knew how to counterfeit neoturf masters aes carts u can sell those bad boys like 15k a pop

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I wish it was a Konami beat em up collection instead.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

lmao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Frenz posted:

I wish it was a Konami beat em up collection instead.

konami arcade beat em ups suck to play they were just popular causer they had x man and ninja turtle and simpson

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the jp version of simpsons is good

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

its so weird. everything about it has nothign to do with star fox and its all about fox trying to have sex with the fox babe, while dinosaurs mumble in their fake language about the cosmos. ive gone back to watch video of it for the same reason and it seems like a fake game.

It was nuts they weren't doing banjo kazooie style babble they were talking in their fake language but the language was just English with the letters swapped so like every H was now A so all the dinosaurs just sounded like they were trying to talk after a stroke

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Star Fox Adventures isn't very good but it's a bad Zelda clone so it's nothing like any other SF game

I have very fond memories of Star Fox Adventures even if it's actually bad. I should try to find a way to play that again

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Konami has a cool beat em up where youre a dude but then you turn into a sexy furry after killing enough dudes but overall capcoms are much better to play esp crap like aliens vs predator and the dnd ones, and data east and taito ones had better thematic stuff like cleaning the welfare queens and crackheads out of nyc

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i wish theyd rerelease cadillacs and dinosaurs that lisence must cost like 2 cents to get back

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

i wish theyd rerelease cadillacs and dinosaurs that lisence must cost like 2 cents to get back

Combining automobiles and fossils is a marketing problem in the age of global warming.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

lmfao I was looking at it on my 4.7" phone with the brightness all the way down. I figured it was one of those big dev carts with a lovely label

I'm really surprised dinosaur planet never leaked

American McGay posted:

It's all the way in the back corner on a little island and it takes you to the Mushroom Kingdom.

Oh ok thanks. Im guessing it's that thing where you can just see a little bit if the Mushroom Kingdom to grab a star real quick? Yeah that would have been nuts if you saw it and didn't know it was a kingdom (I didn't know until I got there)

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 14, 2018

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
if i had a switch twewy remake would be the perfect birthday gift but i applaud nintendo for trying anyway.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

hell yea

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i only ever played star fox 64 and i'm not even sure it was good, it was just really fun at the time and it's fun remembering the extremely earnest voice acting. i keep thinking "i guess i'd play another one," but i've never bought any of the sequels.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Those Pokemon Switch games look bad, which is sad because a Switch remake of Yellow sounds amazing on paper but it seems like they made every mistake designing it they possibly could (Pikachu hairstyles aside)

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Those Pokemon Switch games look bad, which is sad because a Switch remake of Yellow sounds amazing on paper but it seems like they made every mistake designing it they possibly could (Pikachu hairstyles aside)

I think it will be nice till the new regular Pokémon game next year. It's pretty much fluff till we get the real thing but at least it's not as bad as Pokémon go

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

its so weird. everything about it has nothign to do with star fox and its all about fox trying to have sex with the fox babe, while dinosaurs mumble in their fake language about the cosmos. ive gone back to watch video of it for the same reason and it seems like a fake game.

it's a reskinned Rare game that got rushed to market after Microsoft bought Rare, so the first half of the game is typical 3D Rare crap and the second half is them rushing you through all the parts of the game they didn't have time to finish

like, when you finally meet the big bad guy at the end of the game, it's immediately interrupted by a cutscene where a voice from off-screen tells the boss to give you the final macguffin and then you just leave with no boss fight and he dies off-screen or something

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rare 3D games are all huge collectathon scavenger hunts, so i can't even imagine what one that's rushed to market would be like. like it would be like if someone really horny for nintendo animals was asked to design a puzzle and hide all the pieces, but they drew cartoon boobs on half of them and left them in the box, i suppose.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bicyclops posted:

Rare 3D games are all huge collectathon scavenger hunts, so i can't even imagine what one that's rushed to market would be like. like it would be like if someone really horny for nintendo animals was asked to design a puzzle and hide all the pieces, but they drew cartoon boobs on half of them and left them in the box, i suppose.

I haven't played it since it came out so my memory's fuzzy but I remember it being structured way closer to Ocarina of Time than it was Donkey Kong 64. It wasn't very good but it was a straightforward action adventure kind of game. Also I remember Andross being revealed as the actual main badguy in like the final 10 minutes of the game and the final boss was you fighting him in traditional star fox spaceship combat which was absolutely not a part of the game at all until that point lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

it turns out a rare game that gets cut off mid development it's just an action game instead of being wall to wall bullshit

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it's a good think that Diddny kong racing was already nintendo brand charactesr or else miyamoto might have seen a picture of Wizpig and said "hm, he looks a little like Ganon, doesn't he? this is a zelda game now, thanks for your cooperation."

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

they look cute

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I pre-ordered the 100 dollar Eevee bundle with the Poké Ball Plus and Mew. switchsoyfacewojak.jpg

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wojak Soyman

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Looking forward to doing some comfy couch Co op but I'm not expecting them to be particularly deep or even well paced

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Is Let's Goo Pikachu actually a remake of Yellow? I don't really understand what they are or how they interact with the main Pokemon games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i think it's just the usual "dumbed down for no reason" nintendo game. Yoshi's Story being the first of this ilk.