Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Mu Zeta posted:

Anyone that likes those remix videos of hysterical black people on the news is likely racist. Enjoy your cartoonish caricatures of people that dehumanizes them.

This was the whole point of Vine anyway. And now it's gone forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The first Marvel version of Captain Marvel is actually dead and has been for decades (Ignoring the usual kind of short-term resurrections, time travel, journeys to the afterlife etc).

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mu Zeta posted:

Anyone that likes those remix videos of hysterical black people on the news is likely racist. Enjoy your cartoonish caricatures of people that dehumanizes them.

what the hell are you talking about

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
There is absolutely nothing wrong with trans women competing against cis women in boxing, wrestling, and other contact sports. I dont care when people post the bloody, one-sided aftermaths. I like seeing my sisters emerge victorious, standing tall and proud while their cis opponents lie broken and bloody with eggshell-like skulls crushed by mighty blows.

I want to see cis men come at us, outraged at this display of "male violence", giving us excuse to turn on them with ferocity not seen on this earth since the mighty dinosaurs of old. The slaughter will be short and swift. Die cis scum.

Blue Star has a new favorite as of 02:35 on Jul 15, 2018

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

All professional sports should use a handicapping system (like horse racing does) to make the games more interesting. If one team is clearly better than the other, what's the point in watching?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

fruit on the bottom posted:

I think Gwen Stacy might be one of the few non-origin characters to have died and stayed dead, sans the alternate universe versions. Although the most prominent one comes from a universe where Peter Parker died so at least that’s interesting.

Wasn't there a clone or something at one point? I don't know, I haven't seriously followed comics for like a decade and a half.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tiggum posted:

All professional sports should use a handicapping system (like horse racing does) to make the games more interesting. If one team is clearly better than the other, what's the point in watching?

Because sometimes the clearly better team loses

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

spit on my clit posted:

what the hell are you talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFEoMO0pc7k

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
All sports should be co-ed. There shouldn't be any weight classes. Legalize all performance enhancing drugs. Specifically state in the rule book that dogs are allowed to compete, and so are all other animals, and also robots. The team that wins the Super Bowl should be allowed to commit up to three murders per player that year. Olympic gold medal winners should be automatically made generals in the military of their home country. Baseball is boring and should be banned, but you should be able to use a baseball bat as you wish in all other sports.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tiggum posted:

Put a cap on how much money teams can spend.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

Put a cap on how much money teams can spend.

This already exists in several leagues, with mixed results.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Blue Star posted:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with trans women competing against cis women in boxing, wrestling, and other contact sports. I dont care when people post the bloody, one-sided aftermaths. I like seeing my sisters emerge victorious, standing tall and proud while their cis opponents lie broken and bloody with eggshell-like skulls crushed by mighty blows.

I want to see cis men come at us, outraged at this display of "male violence", giving us excuse to turn on them with ferocity not seen on this earth since the mighty dinosaurs of old. The slaughter will be short and swift. Die cis scum.

A fight where it's 3 women against 1 man might be interesting to see, or a trained woman against an untrained man of the same weight class, or 2 135 men against a 265 man. Really bring back that Roman Circus atmosphere to fighting sports.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Let's swing it back to the 1800's when professional athletes had to hold down other jobs because sports were just something they were good at and liked playing, but couldn't support themselves alone.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Solice Kirsk posted:

Let's swing it back to the 1800's when professional athletes had to hold down other jobs because sports were just something they were good at and liked playing, but couldn't support themselves alone.

That's what it's like for a lot of female athletes today.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

So we are halfway there

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
If only we were living on a prayer.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Take my hand, please!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We'll make it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Blue Star posted:

you're my favorite shitposter

wow. I've got no words other than "I've got no words other than and" and "wow"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Tiggum posted:

Underdogs winning is one of the most compelling reasons to watch sports in the first place. If everyone's on an equal playing field you might as well flip a coin and send everyone home. I do agree that watching a team getting slaughtered is pretty boring (unless you are a fan of the winning team, but even then once they are up like 70-0 and the third string is in who cares), but you can still hope for more petty types of victory, like injuring their star player or at least having some cool fights.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Babylon 5, while historically significant, doesn't hold up to any real scrutiny and has not aged well at all.

Or, more succinctly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpb1OXvNNMc

doverhog
May 31, 2013

You wanna describe real scrutiny or do you wanna get out?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Hooray!

I think it's probably worth watching exactly once, because most of its power as a story comes from being caught up in the "what's gonna happen next" roller-coaster ride. The terrible dialogue, at-best competent acting (with the notable exceptions of Andreas Katsulas and Stephen Furst) and the clunky plotline and themes become much harder to ignore after that.

Music was aces, tho.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

To be fair it's over 15 years since I watched B5 so you might be right, don't feel confident enough about my memories to get into an argument about it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Legend of the LAMEgers

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Unpopular german history opinion: King Ludwig II (the guy who built the castle Disney based their logo on) was not insane and he didn't commit suicide. People seem far too ready to accept antiquated medical diagnoses and refuse to even consider that maybe it was a story made up to get rid of him for a combination of being homosexual and wasting money on his castles. I think the evidence is clear that he was murdered and they used his eccentricity to make up the story that he was nuts and drowned himself as a cover.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Fedoras are actually pretty good hats. They are in fact quite stylish with the right outfit.

The issue is that they're associated with very gross people now. Sorry buddy but the clothes don't make the man; the man makes the clothes.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Fedoras are actually pretty good hats. They are in fact quite stylish with the right outfit.

The issue is that they're associated with very gross people now. Sorry buddy but the clothes don't make the man; the man makes the clothes.

While I agree that they aren't inherently bad and they only got their reputation once fat dudes started wearing them with jorts, I think you'd still look out of date and get some weird looks even if you could pull off the look.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mu Zeta posted:

Legend of the LAMEgers

what am i

looking at here

exact ly

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pick posted:

what am i

looking at here

exact ly

Babylon 5. When people talk about how great Babylon 5 is, that's what they're talking about.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If you’re an old-timey journalist, Indiana Jones, or a hard-boiled private eye feel free to wear the hat.

But I loving swear to god if you tell me that one of those hats is actually a trilby I’m gonna give you one hell of a swirly

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

I stopped watching dashcam videos because I knew how racist the comments were going to be on any given one. The uploaders know they're there and can easily delete them, but they just don't.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

grittyreboot posted:

I stopped watching dashcam videos because I knew how racist the comments were going to be on any given one. The uploaders know they're there and can easily delete them, but they just don't.

you give uploaders too much credit, they probably don't know how to delete comments

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

you give uploaders too much credit, they probably don't know how to delete comments

I think it's more likely they just don't care, whatever gets them more views+money.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

grittyreboot posted:

Youtube actually rewards videos with lots of comments because it drives more views and they will promote the videos higher

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Moderating comments is a fool’s game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

fruit on the bottom posted:

Moderating comments is a fool’s game

Seriously. Why would anyone waste their time doing that?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The best haircut for bald men is the skullet

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
ideally, paired with a goatee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I hate almost every game like Gone Home where the whole gameplay is walking around looking for the story. You don't just throw out a bunch of tape recorders that play upon interacting with things or walking around a house, like an easter egg hunt, you pace out the information as the game goes along. You build up intrigue, lead up to something, not have dead silence and have the player assume that if they turn this toilet paper the correct way they'll find out why their sister is so annoying. There has to be a purpose, a reason to find out the mysteries such as "why is this house empty, where is everyone?" or "where the gently caress does the player character even fit into this family". You can't tell me that the reason to be intrigued is that you bought it for $20, its the game's purpose, not the player's, to make you interested in it. Even if I did give a poo poo about finding the story, here's what the story is: Sister is gay, afraid of coming out, so she has Gone Home to her girlfriend. Daddy dearest was diddled by his uncle the year JFK got assassinated*, and his failed JFK conspiracy books has been a real strain on his marriage, and it turns out the couple left the house to go to couples therapy. Despite the whole house being empty and looking like it's out of a horror movie, the real twist is that nothing at all has happened, and that the player character might as well be a trespasser as the family never ever mentions him or her even once. Also, the sister has this whole "plotline" about believing in ghosts. nothing comes out of this.

The story is weak, the pacing of said story is glacial-to-nonexistent, the few puzzles of the game are so mind-numbingly easy that they might as well not exist, the game is well loved for no good reason at all, and yet it still inspired a genre of games that tried to chase this one's fame. The only game of its kind that I feel had effort put into it was the Stanely Parable, which had a brilliant narrative, excellent pacing, and a reason to play.

*I found this out by putting the year he was assassinated into a combo lock that was on a safe in a room surrounded by photos of JFK. The game gave me an achievement for solving a puzzle without finding the piece of paper with the solution to it.

I only played through Gone Home because it was free on Playstation Plus for a month and decided to see how it could inspire a genre of mostly pure garbage