Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

Not surprised.

I actually am, I thought Charlie was only a scumbag to women. Jesus gently caress this stupid year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Croatoan posted:

I was surprised but shouldn't have been. I went and told my wife, who loves celebrity gossip, and she told me it's been speculated that Sheen did that for a while. I'm apparently oblivious.

Yeah, that rumour has been floating around for a long time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The only justifiable use of 280 characters
https://twitter.com/IsiahWhitlockJr/status/928312886459535366

e: welp here we go
https://twitter.com/THR/status/928336329116499968

zoux fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 8, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
NBC News reporting that Spacey was groping the gently caress out of 18 year old men last year.

quote:

A former Boston news anchor says her teenage son was allegedly sexually assaulted by Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey last summer.

Heather Unruh, a former anchor at television station WCVB, told reporters Wednesday that Spacey bought her "starstruck" then-18-year-old son "drink after drink after drink" at a crowded restaurant in Nantucket, Massachusetts, in July 2016, and then "stuck his hand inside my son's pants and grabbed his genitals."

When the actor went to the restroom, a "concerned woman" who had apparently witnessed the alleged groping came to Unruh's son's side and "told him to run," Unruh said. He "ran as fast as he could," ending up at his grandmother's house, where he told family members.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/former-news-anchor-says-kevin-spacey-sexually-assaulted-her-son-n818996

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

esperterra posted:

Not surprised.

Yeah I'm not really sure that this even qualifies as news, I thought everyone pretty much knew Charlie Sheen was human garbage and this isn't even really a particularly large leap in garbage-ness for him

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Yeah I'm not really sure that this even qualifies as news, I thought everyone pretty much knew Charlie Sheen was human garbage and this isn't even really a particularly large leap in garbage-ness for him

I wasn't aware of any child loving by him prior to now, but yeah Sheen is that kind of dirtbag.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Despite Corey Haim being dead there's a pretty clear trail of breadcrumbs where he always hinted that Charlie Sheen was the one who took advantage of him. I'm guessing now we're in the culture of everyone taking this allegations super seriously and it starting to seem like all these accusations are true it's the right time to disclose it and have the public tend to accept it.

The US is finally starting to see what happened in the UK about 5 years ago with Operation Yewtree After Jimmy Saville died and it finally came out he was a massive pedophile rapist all of a sudden the accusations starting coming out of the woodwork and people began speaking up about other people in positions of huge influence and power committing frequent sexual abuse on minors and this time people took it seriously and started massive investigations into it.

Honestly, it's pretty amazing that this sudden surge in people coming forward is due to Anthony Rapp being willing to come forward about a decades old incident and now we're hearing about several of the cast and crew of House of Cards having dealt with Spacey's abuse for years.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Where the hell do you guys hear about all these rumors

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zoux posted:

Where the hell do you guys hear about all these rumors

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/

this is a pretty amazing blog that frequently hints at poo poo that gets revealed to the public years later. The day the Spacey poo poo came out like 20+ anonymous old posts were revealed to be about him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bring back old gbs posted:

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/

this is a pretty amazing blog that frequently hints at poo poo that gets revealed to the public years later. The day the Spacey poo poo came out like 20+ anonymous old posts were revealed to be about him.

Isn't that the blog where one of its prolific posters is rumored to be RDJ?

Also, oh no.
http://deadline.com/2017/11/jeffrey-tambor-sexual-harassment-claims-amazon-1202204220/

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

Also, oh no.
http://deadline.com/2017/11/jeffrey-tambor-sexual-harassment-claims-amazon-1202204220/

Since we're probably all thinking it already...

There's a good chance he may have committed some light sexual harassment.

I'm a terrible person

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

pentyne posted:

Honestly, it's pretty amazing that this sudden surge in people coming forward is due to Anthony Rapp being willing to come forward about a decades old incident and now we're hearing about several of the cast and crew of House of Cards having dealt with Spacey's abuse for years.

And to Buzzfeed of all places. Who knew Buzzfeed would have a real news division now? I've seen the usual new sources quote Buzzfeed constantly for the past few years.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

And to Buzzfeed of all places. Who knew Buzzfeed would have a real news division now? I've seen the usual new sources quote Buzzfeed constantly for the past few years.

Buzzfeed News and Buzzfeed (everything else) are basically two separate organizations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The news division still reports to the guy in charge of making top 10 lists though

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Buzzfeed basically uses its lovely clickbait to fund one of the better investigative journalist groups.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Also, oh no.
Aphex Twin is outing Hollywood sex predators now?!

...oh, right, Robert Downey Jr. Carry on.

Mu Zeta posted:

Buzzfeed has like 20 different divisions. Trust me, I know because recently I've been hiding most of the pages my friends share poo poo from on Facebook because I want my news feed to be less cluttered and I've hidden Buzzfeed News, Buzzfeed Entertainment, Buzzfeed Travel, Buzzfeed LGBT, etc.

I don't need to see the same stories get reported from a million different sources or some stupid dream vacations for rich people that I'll never be able to afford.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 9, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Buzzfeed News should rebrand.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The last three episodes of 30 Rock are basically perfect. I love the finale so much.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The producers behind The Night Manager are doing another Le Carre adaptation, this time doing The Little Drummer Girl with the added bonus of Park Chan-Wook directing it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

The last three episodes of 30 Rock are basically perfect. I love the finale so much.
Expect to see this post every time I rewatch 30 Rock, so about every two weeks.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

The producers behind The Night Manager are doing another Le Carre adaptation, this time doing The Little Drummer Girl with the added bonus of Park Chan-Wook directing it.

Oh gently caress yes!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FactsAreUseless posted:

Expect to see this post every time I rewatch 30 Rock, so about every two weeks.

Liz and Criss getting in an online fight within 30 seconds and escalating to a "meet me in the park" fight was so perfect.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:fap:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Go back to Saudi Arabia, Hitler!" never fails to make me laugh.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Argh, Syfy and USA need to stop showing GI Joe: Retaliation. I am getting really tired of watching the last two minutes of it while waiting for shows to start.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uhh

https://mobile.twitter.com/pattymo/status/928464040308957184

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I was already in love with Allison Mack and am ashamed this turns me on even more ................

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Forreal tho that poo poo is whack if true.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Are there any sources for this that aren't the Daily Mail?

Because they are often wrong about many many things.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
CDAN did a blind (with reveal!) about Mack's involvement with the dude while Smallville was still running and at the time it was like "Oh no, this poor naive girl got caught up in some Hollywood charlatan's scheme." (I think Kristen Kreuk was involved as well.)

Then a month or two ago the "genital branding" stuff started getting traction in mainstream blogs like Jezebel and it went from "Oh no" to "Oh poo poo :stare:"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What if the unholy gently caress is happening in Hollywood? I mean, pedos is one thing but now we've got sex cults?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Not sure, but I remember whispers of something like this a few years ago. Probably bullshit, the sex part at least, wouldn't be surprised about the weird self help pyramid scheme or w/e

e: tho its hollywood so who knows

e2: i remember rumours about kreuk being in and getting out too! like 2012ish?

esperterra fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 9, 2017

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rhyno posted:

What if the unholy gently caress is happening in Hollywood? I mean, pedos is one thing but now we've got sex cults?

Same thing that's been happening for decades, I think. Some people are just fed the gently caress up with it and are willing to talk.

Thing is, I still think we're only hearing about a tenth of the poo poo that goes down in that town. At best.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's also not just in hollywood. It's rich people everywhere. Like, it's getting found out in Hollywood because Hollywood is a place where the spotlight is also on victims.

The people who are coming out as victims in Hollywood are people who had semi successful careers and have imdb pages and poo poo. There are plenty of sex trafficking rings where the victims are just completely hidden from the public eye.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

swickles posted:

Liz and Criss getting in an online fight within 30 seconds and escalating to a "meet me in the park" fight was so perfect.

GobiasIndustries posted:

"Go back to Saudi Arabia, Hitler!" never fails to make me laugh.
Everything about it is good, and if you don't cry when Liz meets her kids you might be a monster.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Aristocrats Hollywood elite!

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Tonight's Mr Robot was probably the best hour of television this year that wasn't Twin Peaks

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DivisionPost posted:

Same thing that's been happening for decades, I think. Some people are just fed the gently caress up with it and are willing to talk.

Thing is, I still think we're only hearing about a tenth of the poo poo that goes down in that town. At best.
I wonder which is crazier: Wall St millionaire poo poo or Hollywood millionaire poo poo.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

HorseRenoir posted:

Tonight's Mr Robot was probably the best hour of television this year that wasn't Twin Peaks

Agreed. Masterful editing on all those tracking shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Also, Allison Mack as the first officer of a dangerous sex cult?

I hadn’t heard about those rumors before, and LOL DAILY MAIL LOL, but if that turns out to be true, then jeez. Probably one of the last names anybody would expect to be caught up in heinous poo poo like that.

This whole disgusting Hollywood jenga tower of sex fiends falling down in slow motion is sure something to behold, and yeah, it’s probably even worse on Wall Street.

• Locked thread