Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Tocchet has run the lotto line several times and Pettersson still looked like poo poo. There's clearly something wrong with him. The oilers have largely been able to ignore him and just focus on shutting down Hughes, which they've done fairly well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Tocchet has run the lotto line several times and Pettersson still looked like poo poo. There's clearly something wrong with him. The oilers have largely been able to ignore him and just focus on shutting down Hughes, which they've done fairly well.

Yeah he's been bad on the powerplay too. It's not his linemates (though they're certainly not helping him, Mikheyev has like one goal in his last ~60 games or something insane).

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Roope Hintz is out tonight. Question is if it's his arms or his back

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Watching an actual Oilers game and seeing McDavid just loving dance around everyone is pretty awesome I must say. Imagine if he was on a good team. Imagine how many more Tims commercials we'd have gotten with him and Sid.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Native American woman who worked as cultural advisor to Blackhawks sues team for sex harassment, fraud

quote:

Sanders is no longer working for the team, and she said it goes beyond her logo. In her lawsuit filed Tuesday night, she alleges breach of oral contract, fraud, sexual harassment and violation of the Gender Violence Act, among other allegations.

"I feel abused, traumatized, used," Sanders said.

In the lawsuit, Sanders said she was sexually harassed in 2022 by a man working with the organization. The lawsuit accuses him of "inappropriate sexual advances," touching her "without her consent", and also of sending her unwanted "sexually explicit videos of him" on Snapchat.

The lawsuit also said Sanders verbally reported two other incidents of women being groped at Blackhawks events by men working with the organization.

Nina alleges she complained about all these incidents to her supervisor, the director of the team's charitable arm, the Chicago Blackhawks Foundation. But the lawsuit said nothing was done, and instead the team attempted to silence her by changing her role and moving her out of the United Center.

I am once again renewing my calls for the contraction and demolition of the Chicago Blackhawks. They have clearly learned nothing. Their organization has been tainted to its very heart.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Their punishment will be drafting another generational talent

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”
How about instead of turning them into the Montreal Maroons we simply burn them to the ground like the Montreal Wanderers?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Like, even in writing that it sounds hyperbolic, but at the same time, this reported abuse is happening in 2022, after the Aldrich scandal goes public. Not just after it happens, while it is actively out there in the media and causing a hellstorm that is contaminating the franchise's most glorious moments in the last five decades. If there was ever a moment where you would expect an organization to be hyper-vigilant on every level about this kind of thing, if only to prevent more fuel from being thrown onto that wildfire, it would be that point.

And yet instead the attitude clearly seems to have been "who cares, just ignore it and it'll go away." The conclusion was "well Rocky Wirtz died and the people involved have all left, clearly this means that you can all go away because it's not our problem anymore."

But now we see, no, Blackhawks, organizational culture problems don't work like that. You have cultivated this environment through deliberate moves or neglect, and now it has taken root.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

:smith:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Shinjobi posted:

He's claimed to be "day to day" which is of course completely meaningless when Pete DeBoer says it, he could be back at practice any time between tomorrow and next training camp..

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Redeye Flight posted:

Native American woman who worked as cultural advisor to Blackhawks sues team for sex harassment, fraud

I am once again renewing my calls for the contraction and demolition of the Chicago Blackhawks. They have clearly learned nothing. Their organization has been tainted to its very heart.

This is some Dan Snyder Washington Football Team
poo poo. Force the owner to sell.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Canucks fans are so fickle

I remember all the posts about running JT Miller out of town for taking too much money and underperforming too and you don't see those anymore

Pettersson may not be singularly able to drag his pile of giant, slow defensemen to victory but there are 31 teams in the league that would move buckets of players to make him fit on their team at that price

It's not like us Canucks weren't also calling for Boeser to be traded and for Garland to leave at the beginning of the season. Nosiree bob, not us.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I guess the question is if Petey is injured, why was he playing in March. Canucks had home ice more or less secured a month out - winning the pacific wasnt that important. Im sure there are a bunch of injuries where 2 weeks off wont improve it, so maybe we will find out its one of them (although most of them will have a surgery/recovery timeframe that will drift into next season..

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Redeye Flight posted:

:

quote:

The team also gifted the tribe a $250,000 decommissioned Black Hawk helicopter, and another $100,000 in grants that year.

We're going to keep using a racist logo, but here's a badass HELICOPTER for you. :hellyeah:

Could the 2022 SA allegations be Corey Perry? Or was that last year? I can't remember... Nor keep straight all the gross stuff that org does.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

VOTE1 posted:

I guess the question is if Petey is injured, why was he playing in March. Canucks had home ice more or less secured a month out - winning the pacific wasnt that important. Im sure there are a bunch of injuries where 2 weeks off wont improve it, so maybe we will find out its one of them (although most of them will have a surgery/recovery timeframe that will drift into next season..

He was also getting double shifted in the third last night.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Could the 2022 SA allegations be Corey Perry? Or was that last year? I can't remember... Nor keep straight all the gross stuff that org does.

Perry signed summer '23 so he's off the hook for that one.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Even if he's not physically injured, he could be slumping or depressed or otherwise sick. The human body and brain are fickle and if it's not a broken bone nagging you sometimes you catch a cold or a bad bout of allergies will have you calling off work

add on top of that the pressure of the spotlight and the nature of the sport that sometimes even really good players slump and you're gonna get some valid criticism mixed in with insane ravings to trade that slacker for a hard working proven playoff performer like Trent Frederic or Brock Nelson

Even Pastrnak, a player who nobody doubts as an elite performer, has spent more than a few games these playoffs looking ice cold and lost

That's just how small sample sizes shake out

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/jordanraanan/status/1790718881583006005?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Rangers year

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1790838557441184050/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1790838557441184050&currentTweetUser=Canucks

Definitely a dude that's wanting to be up there answering those questions

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
maybe elias fuckin sucks

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Sounds like Elias has always wanted to be a PhoenArizo gently caress!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Gods, just watch Pettersson play. He avoids contact if it can possibly be avoided, also can't change direction at speed for poo poo, and also can't put any real torque on his stick to play the puck or fight off opposition sticks. Who knows what actual injury/ies he's carrying but he is so clearly injured it hurts just to watch him. Probably some kind of trunk-muscle tear or some poo poo.

Hell, even in that interview he's trying not to move anything but his head

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

yeah Pettersson is injured, he's got a bad case of Marneritis

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

Gods, just watch Pettersson play. He avoids contact if it can possibly be avoided, also can't change direction at speed for poo poo, and also can't put any real torque on his stick to play the puck or fight off opposition sticks. Who knows what actual injury/ies he's carrying but he is so clearly injured it hurts just to watch him. Probably some kind of trunk-muscle tear or some poo poo.

Yeah, he sounds super excited to be there in the first place, but those questions are the sort that the national media asks that no one answers honestly. The playoffs are the worst because no one says anything, because it gets taken out of context and spun out of control.

I wouldn't be surprised if he needed back or core surgery and had it done within 2 hours of the exit interview being over.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah, there's been a lot of analysis, but the bottom line is he looks barely pedestrian out there. Can't hang onto the puck, can't beat scrubs to the puck, can't take an explosive step, can't handle minimal physical contact, etc... He doesn't look like he's slumping, he looks like he's incapable of doing any of the things that make him a difference maker.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

yeah Pettersson is injured, he's got a bad case of Marneritis

But do they consider him a God in Vancouver?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but maybe, someday, just maybe, the Edmonton Oilers will employ a coach who understands that you can't turtle with this roster.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Neat. I'm happy with how the Avs played overall. Hopefully they play like they did tonight for game 6 and its a fun game

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Man, a 3-1 series lead is the worst lead in hockey.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Man, a 3-1 series lead is the worst lead in hockey.

Eh, I'm fine with a lead that has a historical 90% win rate. I was at the Stars game last night and it would have been great to see them win the series in person, but I still had fun watching and I am very confident they will win the series.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

RC Cola posted:

Neat. I'm happy with how the Avs played overall. Hopefully they play like they did tonight for game 6 and its a fun game

Just catching up on the replay now, they finally clicked into gear when they had the puck maybe for the first time this series.

Mittelstadt has been like revelatory on the second line. Regardless of how the rest of the playoffs go, I haven't liked an addition as much with him as I have since we traded for Toews. Even if we gave Byram.

Here's hoping it's at least entertaining.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

N: Darren Dutchyshen has died

V: Big part of sports up here in Canada. He got prostate cancer and came back for a bit too. :(

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I can't remember him not being part of me watching sports. Ever since I was a kid in Edmonton watching Sports Night on ITV he was the host.

I know people who work with him and heard nothing but great things about him. This fuckin stinks

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Vintersorg posted:

V: Big part of sports up here in Canada. He got prostate cancer and came back for a bit too. :(

Oh man, that sucks.

I always felt he was bit more real on camera than the regular TSN talking head and have also heard nice things about him as a person from people who worked with him.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

aw man :(
he was an absolute mainstay. can't think about TSN without picturing him in my head

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

drat that sucks.

This promo lives rent free in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqyMdmEQKOs

:rip: Dutchy

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

What the gently caress man, thats awful

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You've unlocked some deep memories with that video, hehe.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
RIP Dutchy, thank you for this clip

https://youtu.be/W666iljksc4?si=x33dd7pEZOwF4oz5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX