Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
he'll probably start the war off with some good old carpet bombing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

doesn't congress and the president basically control the CIA? wouldnt they put pressure on them not to do so?

Deep State is real dawg... and good.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Bip Roberts posted:

Probably the people in front were the old analysts and the ones on the side are the new analysts who now have their jobs.

oh god

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

and he made not supporting 2003 in iraq a big deal

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Annual Prophet posted:

alot of buzz around the cia speech - what the hell did i just miss?

if trump runs too far off the rails, i could certainly imagine a steady stream of damaging information (real or fabricated) dripping out; and if they or their counterparts in friendly services conclude he truly is compromised and undermining national security i wonder whether anything would be off limits

he is literally a Useful Idiot for Russia who enjoys Russian prostitute piss

what the hell else could they possibly leak at this point, at some point there's a diminished RoI

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The Patriots will not allow this.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I was joking earlier when I said the press conference was gonna be about a war but who the gently caress knows now

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Annual Prophet posted:

alot of buzz around the cia speech - what the hell did i just miss?

if trump runs too far off the rails, i could certainly imagine a steady stream of damaging information (real or fabricated) dripping out; and if they or their counterparts in friendly services conclude he truly is compromised and undermining national security i wonder whether anything would be off limits

he went off the rails and plowed straight into a loving barn of poo poo

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

if you didn't cheer and clap you will have your pay reduced to $1 until you quit and are replaced by appropriately enthusiastic analysts.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

What are the odds that the Republicans just cash in, impeach him in the first six months, and go with President Pence. That seems like a win-win for them at least until the mid terms.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Hey Israel, is Mossad busy right now? We could really use a solid. You owe us.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Feb 2, 2017

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

What are the odds that the Republicans just cash in, impeach him in the first six months, and go with President Pence. That seems like a win-win for them at least until the mid terms.

pretty good honestly and it's going to be infuriating when everyone goes "oh hey we beat Trump all problems solved everyone!!!!" while leaving Pence and the Republican establishment that put Trump in there in the first place with complete and total power

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

0%.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Asproigerosis posted:

is this some veiled threat towards the president? loving idiot, trying to get CSPAM shut down?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Hillary is such a hero of the movement she couldn't be bothered to even show up anywhere today. Give me a break.

Also I'm getting tons of emails from democratic fundraising sites I didn't sign up for, so I'm guessing her team sold my email address too.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

euphronius posted:

Does billvii at least have a good radio voice ?

He's got a great radio face

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

STAC Goat posted:

I'll be incredibly interested to see what could eventually take Trump down. He's had so much poo poo thrown at him and nothing seems to stick or make his crowd of cronies raise their eyebrows at all.

What is going to be more powerful than Russian prostitute piss?

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

To be fair he has said 100's of times he loves war*

*as long as he doesn't have to fight in it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

change my name posted:

Hillary is such a hero of the movement she couldn't be bothered to even show up anywhere today. Give me a break.

Also I'm getting tons of emails from democratic fundraising sites I didn't sign up for, so I'm guessing her team sold my email address too.

Yeah. I'm super pissed about the Dem response in general but this is inexcusable.

I like the earlier comments of "well she didn't want to distract from the protest!" like what do you think the point of a protest is, to be quiet and completely unaccounted for in the outrage

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

non zero*, but they have to be convinced the fallout from continued trump is greater than the fallout from impeaching him (watergate didn't leave them in great shape last time)

*though still highly remote at present

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

STAC Goat posted:

They are in a bad place. Impeaching a republican president is an admission that your party is a mess but if Trump starts unpopular wars and fucks the economy, then republicans are going to have to distance themselves like they did with Bush if they want to stay in office.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

I was joking earlier when I said the press conference was gonna be about a war but who the gently caress knows now

All one can do to gleam any kind of direction he's going in is from his few public rants, and his everyday tweets. He's done in a year what it took decades for normal beltway journalists to try and do by keeping themselves the gatekeepers to any administration. He broke that poo poo wide open, and now nobody is going to be able to put it back together again for a good long while.

So anything he says is entirely the truth, unfiltered. He speaks his mind, Obama/Bush/Clinton/HW Bush all lied when they spoke in public!!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Radio Paranoia posted:

if I had a dollar for every time I've said that

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Piss de Bundy posted:

is this some veiled threat towards the president? loving idiot, trying to get CSPAM shut down?

No, obviously I was motioning that Mossad should take out these libel 'journalists'

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
after all the time everyone spent making fun of the iraqi information minister in 2003, seems weird to have elected him president

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Asproigerosis posted:

lol Israel loves trump because racist xenophobiaand hatred of browns is their bread and butter.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/DianeSKaplan/status/822895325983539202

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Asproigerosis posted:

No, obviously I was motioning that Mossad should take out these libel 'journalists'

LOWTAX COMES IN HERE LIKE A MAD DAD, SHUTTING DOWN CSPAM AND SENDING US TO ALL SERIOUS POST DND LAND

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Radio Paranoia posted:

I'll be incredibly interested to see what could eventually take Trump down. He's had so much poo poo thrown at him and nothing seems to stick or make his crowd of cronies raise their eyebrows at all.

the people who are the actual ones keeping him in power getting sick of him and ditching him. it's all internal.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/01/trump-impeachment-odds-betting-site

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Vertical Lime posted:

against it in 2003, for it in 2017 bing bang boom so simple

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Piss de Bundy posted:

LOWTAX COMES IN HERE LIKE A MAD DAD, SHUTTING DOWN CSPAM AND SENDING US TO ALL SERIOUS POST DND LAND

oppose

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Piss de Bundy posted:

Let's Players everywhere delete their accounts in disgust!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Fidel Castronaut posted:

They are in a bad place. Impeaching a republican president is an admission that your party is a mess but if Trump starts unpopular wars and fucks the economy, then republicans are going to have to distance themselves like they did with Bush if they want to stay in office.

If you're really cynical, they could just be gambling that whatever he does to gently caress the country won't "kick in" its full effects til the next inevitable dem term, and left will take the brunt of the fallout.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

they'll weasel their way out, somehow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Radio Paranoia posted:

I mean, its one thing to make accusations in the media and watch him just call them lies and move past them. Its another thing to empower a prosecutor to investigate one of those many lawsuits and cases we always hear about. I don't know how easy it would be to pin a crime on Trump, but I know that no one with the power of Congress has tried yet.

But I'm mostly just talking out my rear end to keep from drinking. As if "President Pence" is any better. All the same institutional damage but with the feeling of abject terror.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
why would they impeach trump, lol they didnt impeach george bush after the iraq war, holy poo poo what would it take to impeach trump he kills and eats an entire brigade of white babies??

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

the people who are the actual ones keeping him in power getting sick of him and ditching him. it's all internal.

I'm skeptical that the republicans would hurt him if they could. Their gerrymandered frothing base will broach no disobedience to their orange God. Even then they've crossed so many moral and practical lines supporting him to this point, it's hard to imagine what possible straw short of treason would break the camels back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
What a shock Republicans starting a war to maintain power.

• Locked thread