Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
A three page love letter, you hooked someone long winded Kat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

GodFish posted:

Everything had to be expressed in the minutest detail. How else would the robot know that Kat understood him?

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

GodFish posted:

A love letter, entirely written in binary.

E:

SynthOrange posted:

0000001 00001111 10101011

Basically that. But for three whole pages.

Isambard K. Brunel
Nov 2, 2011

``...an explosion in the engine room ... would have destroyed a lesser ship''
There s not enough love for the fact it seems to be printed on carbonless from a dot-matrix-printer: So how can it not be a robot now?
:spergin:

Wikiman
May 30, 2011
Maybe a robot sent it and just put it in the package that'd most likely be read.

Robots are nefarious creatures. Please keep your robots in check.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
Boy is my face red.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

That last panel of Kat is really pretty! If someone could make an avatar version without the speech bubble I may have to join the GKC avatar army.

edit: Actually I may be able to just crop the bubble out...

cathead fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Mar 8, 2013

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt
I guess it is from a robot then. What kind of human would type out a love letter?

First whole chapter of Gunnerkrigg Court I've ever sat through (we shan't dispute a page or four at the start), woo! I'd been putting off reading GC for ages, what with it being so long and all, but all the glowing goon-praise finally convinced me to give it a go. I archive-binged like crazy just after New Year and it was totally worth it! Thanks for getting me hooked on this poo poo, guys!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Maybe it was emailed via Lindsey's sweet talking computer and printed for delivery

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Isambard K. Brunel posted:

There s not enough love for the fact it seems to be printed on carbonless from a dot-matrix-printer: So how can it not be a robot now?
:spergin:

I remember this type of paper. Never got so many papercuts from any other type.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

cathead posted:

That last panel of Kat is really pretty! If someone could make an avatar version without the speech bubble I may have to join the GKC avatar army.

edit: Actually I may be able to just crop the bubble out...

How about : or

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
That pose in the first panel.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Quinton posted:

How about : or

I ended up cropping it in a little closer and that worked. Sorry, thanks though!

Went from a cat to a Kat for my avatar... :v:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cat Mattress posted:

I remember this type of paper. Never got so many papercuts from any other type.

It reminds me of many a grade school report card.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
If it's time for another treatise, does this mean that this is the end of book 4? It feels like book 3 just came out but I guess it was actually few years ago.

Cestrian
Nov 5, 2011

Obfuscation posted:

If it's time for another treatise, does this mean that this is the end of book 4? It feels like book 3 just came out but I guess it was actually few years ago.

Yeah Tom posted the cover on twitter a while back.

It'll contain all the chapters since Annie got back from the forest.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Obfuscation posted:

Indeed it does.

e;fb

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Obfuscation posted:

Out in July, apparently.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I find it kind of hilarious that this far there have been 2 situations that were deemed to be really serious which both followed the chapter theme of change; first, the robo kidnapping and later the medium shenanigans. However, both of those were resolved rather easily.

But here we go, Kat's got a love letter! I wonder if the impact of this will be inversely proportional to the impact those other two had... Been enjoying these relaxed, gold-glowy pages a lot!

Cestrian
Nov 5, 2011
Gunnerkrigg has always been a comic more interested in interpersonal relationships than big earth shattering plot relevations.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.
So I guess bird-boy is the only male we've ever seen with a romantic attraction to Kat?

And it's the robot king! Writing to ask her to be his bride and become queen of the robots. Soon he will be making the uber-saddest face.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Kat's pose in the first panel is pretty great. I'm gonna be looking forward to seeing who it's from on monday, and who knows. It might be from someone we've never met.

E: Oh man. I just noticed the end of chapter symbol myself. Oh, that cliffhanger. Hopefully monday will have more mort.

heenato fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 8, 2013

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
With the chapter-end and the promise of special things, we probably won't find out who sent it for a little while. It's a genuine cliffhanger, not that bargain-basement weekend variety!

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

01010010 01101111 01110011 01100101 01110011 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100100 00001101 00001010 01010110 01101001 01101111 01101100 01100101 01110100 01110011 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100010 01101100 01110101 01100101 00001101 00001010 01001100 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Well it is probably from a robot, but I am hoping it isn't so we get another chapter like 19, 24, and 34 and get a spotlight on the other students and how they all interact with each other. I love those chapters.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

Keep this handy guide in mind at all times.

drat that's cold. Robits have feelings too. :smith:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

So I guess bird-boy is the only male we've ever seen with a romantic attraction to Kat?

Jack originally kinda flirted with Kat, before he got spiderminded in Zimmygham.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Maybe the minotaur has figured out settling down with a cow would be inappropriate, so he's trying his luck with the human girls in the Court.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

heenato posted:

Kat's pose in the first panel is pretty great. I'm gonna be looking forward to seeing who it's from on monday, and who knows. It might be from someone we've never met.

E: Oh man. I just noticed the end of chapter symbol myself. Oh, that cliffhanger. Hopefully monday will have more mort.

Hoping for more City Face myself. Maybe there will be a new wave of pigeon avatars and I'll get lucky.

How long is it usually between the end of a chapter and the beginning of a new one?

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Battle Pigeon posted:

Hoping for more City Face myself. Maybe there will be a new wave of pigeon avatars and I'll get lucky.

How long is it usually between the end of a chapter and the beginning of a new one?

The general pattern is a week later: one goofy "extra" page, a chapter title page, then the first page of the new chapter. But since this is apparently the end of the 4th volume, all bets are off. Could easily be a week or two of something silly and not so tough to draw and/or some kind of interlude.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Zenzirouj posted:

The general pattern is a week later: one goofy "extra" page, a chapter title page, then the first page of the new chapter. But since this is apparently the end of the 4th volume, all bets are off. Could easily be a week or two of something silly and not so tough to draw and/or some kind of interlude.

Previously Tom has taken breaks between books, with guest weeks covering, but who knows. Even if we assume a straight progression, its still going to be 4 pages before the begining of the next chapter (treatise, "goofy extra", chapter title, story!) which means we would be looking at nothing new story wise until Monday week, but who knows.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Meowjesty posted:

I'm hoping that letter is full of nothing but robot poetry.

Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

DaveWoo posted:

Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF

I feel bad for them, they have no idea what "sweet" is or why sugar is sweet.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

DaveWoo posted:

Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF

Sugar is a carbohydrate
Which is a necessary component of your diet
But not in too great amounts as it can cause hyperactivity and tooth decay
0x3C33

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Conot posted:

Previously Tom has taken breaks between books, with guest weeks covering, but who knows. Even if we assume a straight progression, its still going to be 4 pages before the begining of the next chapter (treatise, "goofy extra", chapter title, story!) which means we would be looking at nothing new story wise until Monday week, but who knows.

The past two books had two-week City Face interludes. I am super excited hoping to see our ultra awesome feathery friend again.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

Account_Username posted:

drat that's cold. Robits have feelings too. :smith:
No no no, Robit is the little fella in my avatar. :3: The robot in that pic looks more like Claptrap from Borderlands.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
This will be great when the incoming City Face comic features the writer of the letter in a cameo much like Jones and Zimmy in the ones before. Actually it will probably be someone random like Red or the headmaster.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I want Dr. Disaster in a City-Face episode. Maybe he built a simulation for pigeons. Maybe he'll be in a simulation himself, projecting his perceptions into a remotely-driven robot pigeon.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Strongylocentrotus posted:

A love letter, entirely written in binary.

E:

Basically that. But for three whole pages.

Kat opens it, reads it, finds it really sweet, hands it to Annie, who's all like what the gently caress this is nonsense Kat what is wrong with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011
It's not actually a love letter.

It's a letter from the heart doctors, telling sweet Kat that she has a terrible degenerative heart condition and that she has maybe a couple years tops before her heart just can't go on. She throws herself into her research, skipping classes and pushing all her friends away as she, just in time, successfully constructs and transplants a synthetic heart of her design into her own chest (with the help of Robot). She realises her last two years of demented fervor have left her socially isolated from other humans in the court and so she turns to the robots for company. With her new mechanical heart, she feels more akin to them and slowly she starts adapting her body, a small modification here, and augment there until, without realising, she has become the monster in Zimmy's visions (OF THE FUTURE).

...oh sorry, I saw everyone else getting on the crazy theory bandwagon again and I felt left out.