Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ok so I'm gonna be attending a local anime con and some dude who may or may not still be with TGWTG is gonna be there, a dude by the name of "Uncle Yo" who claims to be a comedian who specializes in nerd culture.

Here are some videos of him doing his routine.

A short preview vid showcasing a bunch of stuff he does
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L72Tf6AuWyc

A video showcasing his attempt at being the anime nerd version of jeff dunham
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S46nH-SqCIk

Uncle Yo taking 7 minutes to read his script to tell the joke that if you see a person at a con and they are dressed as a hentai character that you have personally fapped you and you know their anatomy intimately, you shouldn't be in an enclosed space with them or you will do something that results in you getting kicked out because cosplay is not consent and you shouldn't put yourself into a situation where you would feel like you have to break that rule that cosplay is not consent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKg0EH-JrQU

And this one is just :nws: in general cause it is him using his lovely puppet to read some MLP slash fiction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLrYo1lJT1A

Yikes

My fiancee wants me to attend the panel with her so we can laugh at him but jeeze his material is pretty dire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

CelticPredator posted:

I'm literally watching this movie right now.

weird.

Repo Man is genuinely one of my favorite movies ever.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Oh my god, season 2 is about staging Macbeth. :allears:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Oh yeah. He usually does a show at Connecticon every year. I got a few of his albums around. I always thought he ok.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

MrSlam posted:

Ralph Sepe talks about what he considers is the worst show on television - Mystery Diners

I wouldn't mind an internet series revolving around how fake and low quality most reality shows are.

Thank you for introducing me to this.

BITCH, WHY ARE YOU CRYING? YOU HELPED HIM CHEAT AT THE CHEESY'S CHALLENGE!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Wrong thread

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Thread wrong

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Red Bong

SkinCrawling
Oct 9, 2012

MrBtongue has woken up from his eternal slumber and discusses how GoT failed to live up to the "spirit" of ASoIaF https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek2O6bVAIQQ

Shaded Spriter
Mar 27, 2010

Been watching an interesting new series "Talking Simulator" a livestreamed discussion between Cameron and Alex two of the members of Loading Ready Run about the Artistic meaning behind videogames. The first episode was on Dark Souls 1 and the one I am currently watching is on Dear Esther and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQgeiR8mrHg

You have to deal with it being a livestream - but they are comedians so you get stuff like this.

Alex: Why do you play Quake?
Cameron: To walk around and shoot things.
Alex: Why do you go to an Art Gallery?
Cameron: To walk around and not shoot things.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I caught Uncle Yo at Genericon this year and he was funny. Didn't see any puppets or MLP slash fiction so :shrug:
Don't go to an 18+ panel I guess?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am not doubting that you enjoyed him but I'd like to see a clip of something you enjoyed because all of the clips I've seen of him have ranged from just boring to real bad

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

BigRed0427 posted:

Oh yeah. He usually does a show at Connecticon every year. I got a few of his albums around. I always thought he ok.

In years past I remember Doug would be front and center in the "Featured Guests" section, now he's relegated to the Online Media Guests part.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

In years past I remember Doug would be front and center in the "Featured Guests" section, now he's relegated to the Online Media Guests part.

Why is Sean Astin an online media guest? He should be wherever they put Kane Hodder and Cameron from Ferris Buehller.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
New episode! In which I recommend queer music and queer musicians! This is part 1 - focussing on female musicians

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Hey Hbomb, you got posted on PZ Myers' blog today.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

FirstAidKite posted:

I am not doubting that you enjoyed him but I'd like to see a clip of something you enjoyed because all of the clips I've seen of him have ranged from just boring to real bad

Idk. Maybe we have a different sense of humor. I don't have a bunch of clips offhand.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Kim Justice has started a 3 part series on the rise and fall of Peter Molyneux, starting with the history of Bullfrog.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

FirstAidKite posted:

Ok so I'm gonna be attending a local anime con and some dude who may or may not still be with TGWTG is gonna be there, a dude by the name of "Uncle Yo" who claims to be a comedian who specializes in nerd culture.

Here are some videos of him doing his routine.

A short preview vid showcasing a bunch of stuff he does
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L72Tf6AuWyc

A video showcasing his attempt at being the anime nerd version of jeff dunham
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S46nH-SqCIk

Uncle Yo taking 7 minutes to read his script to tell the joke that if you see a person at a con and they are dressed as a hentai character that you have personally fapped you and you know their anatomy intimately, you shouldn't be in an enclosed space with them or you will do something that results in you getting kicked out because cosplay is not consent and you shouldn't put yourself into a situation where you would feel like you have to break that rule that cosplay is not consent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKg0EH-JrQU

And this one is just :nws: in general cause it is him using his lovely puppet to read some MLP slash fiction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLrYo1lJT1A

Yikes

My fiancee wants me to attend the panel with her so we can laugh at him but jeeze his material is pretty dire

Related Video where he talks about how Bronys are like Jehovah Witnesses/Children of the corn then goes on and on about his favorite ponys.

You seriously need to swirly this guy.

Senerio posted:

Idk. Maybe we have a different sense of humor. I don't have a bunch of clips offhand.

You need to get swirlied.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 6, 2016

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Speaking of Anita Sarkeesian!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jko06dA_x88

You know, this is the most animated I remember seeing her in a video. Still rather subdued, as is her style, but more emotive.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

MonsieurChoc posted:

You know, this is the most animated I remember seeing her in a video. Still rather subdued, as is her style, but more emotive.

Seemed like she possibly wanted to talk more about Bayonetta but she ended up just rushing through most of it. I know Bayo is...tricky to talk about. I guess thank God for Quiet being a thing then.

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 6, 2016

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh god... I almost forgot how badly those old Perfect Dark ads have aged. As soon as she said "Let's take a look at a commercial for the game," my first thought was oh no.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

Oh god... I almost forgot how badly those old Perfect Dark ads have aged. As soon as she said "Let's take a look at a commercial for the game," my first thought was oh no.

When it first started, I was worried it was going to be like the intro to Mortal Coil.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Talking about how sexy outfits imply that the only way women can get power is to be sexualized, while showing a pic of the Boss is kind of weird.

And as usual, I disagree with her analysis of Bayonetta.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Archer666 posted:

Talking about how sexy outfits imply that the only way women can get power is to be sexualized, while showing a pic of the Boss is kind of weird.

And as usual, I disagree with her analysis of Bayonetta.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Sarkeesian posted:

The act of sex isn't the problem.

I disagree, THE PENIS IS EVIL!

e;

I'm not sure what purpose that suit is for but I'd bet good money that having it unzipped all the way compromises it's function.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 6, 2016

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

That is indeed, the Boss' final boss outfit. After she's been hyped up as the most powerful soldier in the world.

Here's how she looks like when you first see her outside of codec calls. Where she shows you she's the best soldier in the world. Where she completely destroys the main character, even going as far as castrating him by dismantling his gun. So the game actually establishes her power not through her sexiness, but through her displayed skill and knowledge.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The only time her suit's like that is basically the final (Playing) scene of the game.

Also with the above thing, this is her for most of her time in the jumpsuit as well, where she's got a slicker/cloak thing over it.

Also that
VVVVVV

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 6, 2016

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

The only time her suit's like that is basically the final (Playing) scene of the game.

The reason she unzips her suit is to show Snake the scar. It isn't meant to be sexualized.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

The reason she unzips her suit is to show Snake the scar. It isn't meant to be sexualized.

and the reason quiet doesn't wear clothes is because she breathes through her skin, still stupid

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

I'm not sure what purpose that suit is for but I'd bet good money that having it unzipped all the way compromises it's function.

Depending on how pretentious and story-wankery you want to get, that could argue any range from that being part of the point to being a visual metaphor for opening up because she says she's never spoken that much about hersel-zZzZzZzZzZz.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Alaois posted:

and the reason quiet doesn't wear clothes is because she breathes through her skin, still stupid

Oh definitely, no excuse why she didn't just show the scar and zip herself back up. But the fact still remains she shouldn't be on screen when Sarkeezy was saying the sexualization stuff.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Alaois posted:

For a whopping one scene, showing one of the closest people to her a big ole scar, is a pretty massive distance from Quiet's horribly dumb magic science excuse for being in a bikini for virtually the full run-time of a game.

Also agreed with the above, didn't need to keep it unzipped, but the one visual of her with the suit open just needed some amount of explanation so for whoever didn't play the game, didn't take it as that being her default appearance.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 6, 2016

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Boss only unzips her suit at the very end of the game to show Snake the scar she got when giving birth. It is one of the first times she shows him a vulnerable side of herself. The Boss is a legitimately great female character who is well-written and whose power has nothing to do with sexual objectification. Don't complain about out of context things from games you've never played or the mere presence of exposed breasts, it's stupid.

The suit was milked to hell and back for sex appeal later on though but that's neither here nor there, Konami is Konami.

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 6, 2016

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
If you're focusing on the Boss's tits during the final fight you're already murdered.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Alaois posted:

Indeed, all women should remain covered, for their dignity's sake. Context? Who cares about context?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

For a whopping one scene, showing one of the closest people to her a big ole scar, is a pretty massive distance from Quiet's horribly dumb magic science excuse for being in a bikini for virtually the full run-time of a game.

Also agreed with the above, didn't need to keep it unzipped, but the one visual of her with the suit open just needed some amount of explanation so for whoever didn't play the game, didn't take it as that being her default appearance.

Same here; it is odd she doesn't zip it up once the fight starts.

I guess now whenever I see it, I always think of how Hiimdaisy made fun of it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MariusLecter posted:

I disagree, THE PENIS IS EVIL!

e;

It's a USSR prototype for a Sneaking Suit (the fancy bodysuit Solid Snake uses in MGS). You can get a black one for Snake in MGS3 and it's no less body-hugging than hers.

And it's been stated before but Quiet is hilarious in how bottom-tier they went with that design. It's not even something that needs much effort to not be that bad, you could just about swing that skin-breathing thing with a tanktop and shorts due to them traipsing round Afghanistan and Africa. Never mind Quiet's idle animations in the helicopter, or her cell on Mother Base. The cell especially is a couple of single bills tossed into her cage away from a one-woman stripclub.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
The End basically does the same thing with skin breathing and he has that awesome chameleon camo outfit. Although at least we didn't end up with this

And loving lol and comparing Quiet and The Boss at all in terms of their attire. You have to be deliberately obtuse or trolling to do that.

Tracula fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

And it's been stated before but Quiet is hilarious in how bottom-tier they went with that design. It's not even something that needs much effort to not be that bad, you could just about swing that skin-breathing thing with a tanktop and shorts due to them traipsing round Afghanistan and Africa. Never mind Quiet's idle animations in the helicopter, or her cell on Mother Base. The cell especially is a couple of single bills tossed into her cage away from a one-woman stripclub.

The stuff in the helicopter is one of the only times I've literally been made uncomfortable by sexual pandering in games. There's just zero subtlety or justification about it, you've just got a character who can decide at loving random to shove her rear end in your face from behind the menu and it's loving weird.

• Locked thread