Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vertical Lime posted:

like, is madison gonna cut in line ahead of stat and athena

It's an open challenge so if Stat or Athena don't want to get cut in front of then they should step up imo

They should also step up because I want to see either of those matches live!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
either athena vs jade or stat vs jade is the all out match (maybe a triple threat idk), so makes sense to give jade another credible win on the way to that

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
specially if Jade is gonna drop the title to take the main one off of rosa

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah then she can continue not having matches and not improving, a recipe for success if I've ever heard one.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

either athena vs jade or stat vs jade is the all out match (maybe a triple threat idk), so makes sense to give jade another credible win on the way to that

Triple threat could also take the TNT belt off Jade without her taking a pin, so she could ride the undefeated wave all the way to the big belt should they choose to do so.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tony isn't gonna waste Jade's first loss on something like that with how big of a deal the streak is for her character

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jade's first loss should be to the dark order after they all dig deep down and realize they can do it. i'm just being a freak

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AlexKalil/status/1555730994753179648

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

there's hubub that kris tweaked her knee during dark tapings tonight :negative:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

It's crazy how I had no idea who Takeshita was a few months ago and now he's one of my favorites. Dude is having the best excursion.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
They're taping Battle of the Belts III after Rampage.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Battle of the Belts 3:

Wardlow retains the TNT title over Jay Lethal
Thunder Rosa retains the women's title over Jamie Hayter
Claudio Castagnoli retains the ROH title over Konosuke Takeshita

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

They're taping Battle of the Belts III after Rampage.

They taped it before.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I have been lied to!!!!!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

I have been lied to!!!!!

I thought the same but makes more sense to film it before since Rampage starts so late.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Vertical Lime posted:

welp time to put the strap on athena

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Vertical Lime posted:

It definitely looked like she was hurt, grabbed at her knee after like a lariat, and then immediately pinned her opponent. She was limping out going to the curtain, though she did a pose before passing through it.

Very concerned!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
The following matches are advertised for the Impact on AXS tapings this weekend in Chicago:

-Bandido vs. Eddie Edwards vs. Rich Swann vs. Moose vs. Sami Callahan vs. Steve Maclin in an elimination match
-Trey Miguel vs. Laredo Kid vs. Black Taurus vs. Rey Horus
-Jordynne Grace & Mia Yim vs. VXT
-Motor City Time Splitters vs. Violent by Design
-Karl Anderson vs. Mike Bennett
-Killer Kelly vs. Savannah Evans
-Heath vs. Kenny King

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Please enjoy this acclaimed rap before I get copyright struck

https://youtu.be/n_YtzscfoAw

Also, Penelope is back!!

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Have returned from Quake at the Lake. In contrast to Dynamite, Rampage can best be described as mostly inessential this week.

Opened with an in-ring interview of Brian Danielson by Tony Schiavone, leading into a verbal confrontation with Daniel Garcia. They cover the kind of ground you'd expect, but they do it well. Danielson's always a good promo, and Garcia was able to keep up well enough. Still, the fact that they're leading with a talking segment says a lot, not much of it good.

Tay and Sammy (c) def. Dante Martin & Skye Blue to retain the AAA Mixed Tag Titles. Reasonably decent TV match, but at least 3 out of the 4 competitors here are capable of better. The crowd booed the poo poo out of Sammy when he called for the mic after the bell. Eddie Kingston, Ruby Soho and Ortiz interrupted him with a pretty hilarious promo where they all got some good burns in. The match is official for All Out - Eddie's taking a page out of Sammy's book and taking a vacation until the pape.

Parker Bordeaux def. Sonny Kiss in a squash. At least Sonny's getting TV time. If you want her to get more, I've got good(ish) news coming up. Parker did nothing for me here. Tony should return him to the farm where he was raised where he can play with other Brockle Snars.

Gunn Club def. Beardhausen. Fun tag match. The sons of William G. rear end are coming onto their own as enjoyable heel goobers. The crowd popped huge for Danhausen, and the rear end Boys chants were ever-present. (Fun moment I hope TV audio catches: Austin puts Danhausen in a chinlock and yells "WHO'S THE rear end BOYS NOW?" and the entire crowd responds "YOU!" in unison). After the match, Billy expressed his disappointment that his large adult sons needed his interference to win this match.

Schiavone came out again to interview Hook. Apparently his first challenger is going to be some reality show guy I've never heard of. I hope Hook squashes him in fifteen seconds.

Orange Cassidy def. Ari Devari. Standard OC match with some fun OC spots, but the crowd was tired at this point. There was a funny bit where Orange tried to steal Mark Henry's catchphrase during the pre-match interview but Mark was having none of it. After the match he confronted Lesnar of Earth Two, but Sonny Kiss came out and stepped between them, signaling as though she wanted to confront him. Instead she went Yambag Jones on Orange, and the show ended with Devari's crew standing tall.

...So, yeah. I suppose they needed to establish SOME credibility for this triumvirate of meh, prior to the quarterfinal match they don't deserve. At least Sonny's probably going to be on TV again?

maruhkati fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Aug 11, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

^^^ don't read this nerd's spoilers mine are better ^^^

Rampage spoilers:

Started with the Danielson interview. Garcia interrupted. They had a pretty good back and forth, A+ promo segment, Garcia held his own.
AAA Mixed Tag Championships: Sammy/Tay Guevara d Dante Martin and Skye Blue - This match was like really good you guys seriously. After the match Sammy started talking and Eddie interrupted him to accept the All Out challenge. Ruby and Ortiz were there too and had good lines.
Sonny Kiss vs Mock Lesnar - Sonny loses in a squash.
rear end Boys vs Beardhausen - rear end Boys win. Billy rear end called his failsons failures and said he misses the Acclaimed (I'm not joking) and told them they have a match on Dynamite next week to impress him. (e: On their way to the back they were stopped by Stokely Hathaway in the crowd.)
HOOK interview - Tony asks HOOK if the FTW title is open challenge like he heard, HOOK says "yup." Some nobody came out and challenged him for it on next week's Rampage.
Main Event Orange Cassidy defeats Ariya Daivari. Post match the Trust Busters attack the best friends. Sonny Kiss comes out for the save but then kicks OC in his weak spot (it's the dick) and joined the Trustbusters.

I thought there was a card for Swerve and Keith doing something but we never saw it so I guess it either got cut or they're just doing a pretape and it wasn't ready yet.

Oh also Takeshita was on Elevation vs Cesar and got one of the biggest pops of the night.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 11, 2022

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

IcePhoenix posted:

Oh also Takeshita was on Elevation vs Cesar and got one of the biggest pops of the night.

Only Elevation performer with a pop that was even half as loud as Takeshita's was local hero Arik Cannon.

quote:

don't read this nerd's spoilers

Harsh but not entirely unfair.

maruhkati fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 11, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh also incredibly important Elevation note

The commentary team was Excalibur and Daddy Magic

maruhkati posted:

Only Elevation performer with a pop that was even half as loud as Takeshita's was local hero Arik Cannon.

Most of the ladies in the six man tag got pretty loud pops!

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

IcePhoenix posted:

Most of the ladies in the six man tag got pretty loud pops!

poo poo, that's true, I forgot.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
cant believe you both got Ari Daivari's name wrong

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

holy poo poo

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

oh also incredibly important Elevation note

Welp, gonna remember to watch Elevation next week.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

something else I forgot to mention before but after getting told off and left by their dad, the rear end Boys walked past Stokely Hathaway in the crowd on their way to the back and had an extended interaction that I couldn't see very well but I assume he's trying to recruit them too.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

something else I forgot to mention before but after getting told off and left by their dad, the rear end Boys walked past Stokely Hathaway in the crowd on their way to the back and had an extended interaction that I couldn't see very well but I assume he's trying to recruit them too.

Yeah he gave them his card on Dynamite.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Strawberry Panda posted:

oh I don't think they showed that segment in the arena, weird!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Strawberry Panda posted:

He tried to but daddy rear end threw it away

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

History Comes Inside! posted:

He tried to but daddy rear end threw it away

You mean grandpa rear end.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
I guess the Trustbusters taking Sonny into ROH is more than the last year for her. :smith:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Impact tapings from yesterday:

-BTI: Giselle Shaw d. Rosemary
-BTI: Ace Austin & Hikuleo d. Zicky Dice & Johnny Swinger
-"Speedball" Mike Bailey d. Chris Bey
-Heath d. Kenny King. Dissent between Eddie Edwards and PCO.
-Killer Kelly d. Savannah Evans
-Eddie Edwards became #1 contender to the Impact World Championship in an elimination six-way also involving Rich Swann, Moose, Sami Callihan, Steve Maclin, and Bandido
-VXT d. Jordynne Grace & Mia Yim
-Karl Anderson d. Mike Bennett
-Havok d. Alisha Edwards
-Bhupinder Gujjar d. a jobber. Brian Myers comes out, and then Luchablog gets fuzzy. Gujjar MIGHT have won the Digital Media Championship here.
-Josh Alexander d. Vincent
-Black Taurus d. Trey Miguel, Rey Horus, and Laredo Kid
-Motor City Time Splitters d. Violent by Design

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So Edwards gets the world title shot in the main event of BFG, and Mike Bennett and Matt Taven presumably get their tag title shots either during the tapings or at Victory Road (two weeks before BFG). Honor No More may be taking over

Other stuff from the tapings/spoilers:
Black Taurus may have earned an X title shot with that fourway win, reports vary
Sami Callihan challenged both Moose and Steve Maclin to a barbed wire match
And PWInsider says KUSHIDA's gonna stay with MCMG going forward in the company :woop:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Motor City Time Machine Guns

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Machine City? Guns time!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I thought they were going with Motor City Time Splitters?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Gaz-L posted:

I thought they were going with Motor City Time Splitters?

I’m pretty sure those posters were making jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

daddy magic is back on commentary for elevation