Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

WeaponX posted:

I checked the Sunday FOX schedule to see what people might be watching before forgetting to turn the TV off and apparently it’s a slot machine based game show hosted by the guy from American Pie so yeah that’s something that exists

I don't even know if Bob's Burgers is still good, but The Great North just sucks IMHO, so it's pretty difficult to even attempt to watch Fox on a Sunday night like I used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just a scene of the retirement home with Grandpa and the other retirees yelling and waving canes at the TV until a nurse turns it to Matlock the Simpsons

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't even know if Bob's Burgers is still good

It's remarkably consistent in it's pretty good quality. It's exactly the same pleasant show as when you stopped watching it like 5 years ago.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't even know if Bob's Burgers is still good, but The Great North just sucks IMHO, so it's pretty difficult to even attempt to watch Fox on a Sunday night like I used to.

Also what the gently caress is this thing??

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Look what you've done, Simpsons. You started this. You started all of it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There are fully grown adults, with children of their own, who have only known a world where the Simpsons is bad.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

WeaponX posted:

That looks like one of those comics on Deviantart where every character is just a poorly drawn Family Guy/Garfield/Simpsons character.

The daughter in that family is literally just one of the characters from Life is Strange, but in a worse art style.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

WeaponX posted:

it's not good but it's not as bad as modern simpsons. Same with TGN. It's just bland pablum.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

it's not good but it's not as bad as modern simpsons. Same with TGN. It's just bland pablum.

:hmmyes: Bland pablum is the perfect summation of those two shows.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

WeaponX posted:

That's clearly Joe Griffin, Rick's Daughter, Bob's Burger with a dye job, and Roger in a wig. hth

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Time for a reboot of Wait Till Your Father Gets Home imo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Milo and POTUS posted:

To be honest, when I watched The Great North, the thought occurred to me that this is what Fox wanted from the Simpsons, but they created Futurama instead. TGN just has too much bleed over from Bob's Burgers, without anything really new or interesting, for me to be motivated to watch more than the first couple of episodes.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I watch all these shows except simpsons anymrore lol I just can't do it it's exhausting even for someone who watches shows out of the corner of my eye at best

e: I legitimately liked the duncan show I guess

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

And thus Family Guy remains the last man standing...

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I understand the latest episode is about Cletus.

Cletus and Brandine and their various uninteresting children with "funny" names and deformities are all absolutely ghastly and the episode is probably terrible.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jesus Christ, it's like they try to find the worst way to execute every single one of those jokes. An breakneck cascade of gruesome joke abortions.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

From what I saw (it was on in the background), it was just the plot from that episode where Lisa makes the children into a musical supergroup, but this time it's Homer and Cletus. Homer references Lurleen Lumpkin at one point, I think. That's all I remember.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Iron Crowned posted:

To be honest, when I watched The Great North, the thought occurred to me that this is what Fox wanted from the Simpsons, but they created Futurama instead. TGN just has too much bleed over from Bob's Burgers, without anything really new or interesting, for me to be motivated to watch more than the first couple of episodes.

The Great North is growing on me. It has potential, and I think as they develop their voice they'll get funnier. The fourth episode where they get the dad to go on a date was pretty good.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The molyneux sisters won a little bit of grace period because I love BB and I love the cast. But they're on thin ice

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

womb with a view posted:

Look what you've done, Simpsons. You started this. You started all of it.

True but we can’t blame Simpson’s entirely for the spin-off bullshit that dominates animation today, it’s the only way they haven’t debased themselves. Yet. That’s on McFarlane.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
in another timeline, we're all reminiscing about how good Family Dog was for the first 8 to 12 seasons

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Empty Sandwich posted:

in another timeline, we're all reminiscing about how good Family Dog was for the first 8 to 12 seasons

Fish Police really went downhill after Season 20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtlvSLdvHd0

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

But at least we've still got Capitol Critters relentlessly skewering Trump-era politics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q5ugkUhocE

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Zoomers don't remember when Life With Louie meant something.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Homer gets arrested walking home drunk from Moe's (he's singing a "Singing in the Rain" parody about how great it is to be drunk at the time). In jail, Cleatus sings him a song that inspires him to be a better man. Homer decides to become his manager.

Cleatus sounds terrible and there's a lot of Cleatus singing in this episode.

Cleatus replaces Homer as his manager with an Albert Brooks character. He's playing a character with a soothing voice for some reason which kinda blunts his usual manic riffing.

Brandine gets Homer and Marge to go get Cleatus, who has abandoned his family to live in luxury. Several of his kids are named after streaming services now.

The episode ends with Albert Brooks riffing for like a full minute on what projects he could get a basketball player he's trying to sign.

Bad ep but it's nice to hear Albert Brooks.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

What if every time the Simpsons comes up for renewal they are hitting their ratings target by 1 single viewer?

You can end this, PostNouveau.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Well, it will sound a lot better coming out of Julie Kavner.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The dril AI bot must have been trained on this thread

https://twitter.com/dril_gpt2/status/1369197352913956868?s=19

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

WeaponX posted:

are people who left the TV on accidentally

Why haven't disney or whoever caught on to they can upload all the simpsons to youtube and then rake in ad money from kids leaving it running all day like the BBC does for their old shows.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

WeaponX posted:

Hrist posted:

That's clearly Joe Griffin, Rick's Daughter, Bob's Burger with a dye job, and Roger in a wig. hth

Seriously, far right lady is Jeannie Gold.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Flannelette posted:

Why haven't disney or whoever caught on to they can upload all the simpsons to youtube and then rake in ad money from kids leaving it running all day like the BBC does for their old shows.
Because people already pay for Disney+ to watch it.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

WeaponX posted:

True but we can’t blame Simpson’s entirely for the spin-off bullshit that dominates animation today, it’s the only way they haven’t debased themselves. Yet. That’s on McFarlane.

It took me a long time to give The Orville a chance despite people raving about it in the trek thread. It's somehow the best trek since DS9, feels like MacFarlane has strong respect for the material and what makes it work. Not perfect but he somehow cast himself as the captain and it's still top tier tv.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It made me want a cigarette

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Hyrax Attack! posted:

It took me a long time to give The Orville a chance despite people raving about it in the trek thread. It's somehow the best trek since DS9, feels like MacFarlane has strong respect for the material and what makes it work. Not perfect but he somehow cast himself as the captain and it's still top tier tv.

I had the same resistance. And I hated the first few episodes because it was very much "dick fart my bitch ex wife lol", but then it settled into being the best Star Trek show in ages. Discovery and Picard are trash and I refuse to watch the lower decks because I hate Rick and Morty.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

I had the same resistance. And I hated the first few episodes because it was very much "dick fart my bitch ex wife lol", but then it settled into being the best Star Trek show in ages. Discovery and Picard are trash and I refuse to watch the lower decks because I hate Rick and Morty.

I watched a few episodes of Lower Drecks but gave up because they relied way too much on monkey cheese and angry screaming as humor.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

There are fully grown adults, with children of their own, who have only known a world where the Simpsons is bad.

You can tell me 9/11 was twenty years ago this September and I wouldn't bat an eye. That there are adults who've never had a good Simpsons episode premier in their lifetime however...

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

super sweet best pal posted:

I watched a few episodes of Lower Drecks but gave up because they relied way too much on monkey cheese and angry screaming as humor.

100% yes. I like how at first Norm MacDonald voicing a blob is fun but seems like a one off gag, but he gets character development and becomes a likable core crew member. And when they had a giant space battle it was well shot and you could tell what was happening. And bringing in the doctors from Voyager and Enterprise wasn't a casting stunt but a fantastic episode.

Yeah agreed on Lower Decks. I did like the first few episodes but it got awful fast. The universe is controlled by.. a space koala! Lol! It's an animated show so no limits about what a Q episode could be like, never mind John de Lancie will only be used for a bad joke. Feels like they cover for bad characters and plots by constantly yelling and excessive violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just watch My Little Pony, it's got morality plays, technomagical shenanigans, and Q.