Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Gunn movie was fun enough but again that was so long ago as to be ancient history in pop culture terms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

also it bombed

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The Lord of the Rings games, that were just ripping off Rocksteady Batman games, were good.

The problem is the same one as Capcom and Konami head where WB didn't think that just a good video game was worth wasting time and money on.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lostconfused posted:

The Lord of the Rings games, that were just ripping off Rocksteady Batman games, were good.

The problem is the same one as Capcom and Konami head where WB didn't think that just a good video game was worth wasting time and money on.

when did capcom do this? i think they're actually one of the last good japanese AAA devs standing these days. mon hun and RE games have been killing it, dmc5 was action goat, plus dogma 2, ace attorney. pragmata looks kinda poopy though.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

theres a lord of the rings game coming out sometime soon that looks to be copying valheim and a bit of deep rock galactic and you know what, I'll buy it

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

turn off the TV posted:

if you enjoy kicking things you may also want to try the reverse join legs if you have any since i think they deal more damage

I don't think this is the case; I think only mech weight affects kick damage.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Remember that gollum game

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Christopher Tolkien is rolling over in his grave

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Remember that gollum game

the bird slayed me

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Xaris posted:

when did capcom do this? i think they're actually one of the last good japanese AAA devs standing these days. mon hun and RE games have been killing it, dmc5 was action goat, plus dogma 2, ace attorney. pragmata looks kinda poopy though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiji_Inafune

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

gollum can't kill orcs wearing helmets

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

theres a lord of the rings game coming out sometime soon that looks to be copying valheim and a bit of deep rock galactic and you know what, I'll buy it

The Moria one? Hope they improve the combat in that one, it looked pretty bad from the gameplay footage they posted but not unfixable. Need more coop games that are more than 4 people

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

how about a megaman open world game and you have to interrogate lovely robots to figure out where the robot masters are? like you pounce from the shadows onto one of those cat robots that spits up hairballs and you have to shoot the hell out of it until it tells you where top man is?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Xaris posted:

look all that is true but capcom will be bad until they bring back Onimusha on RE Engine

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Lostconfused posted:

the orcs with personality game system was the good part and they patented it and then never did anything with it again.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

the orcs with personality game system was the good part and they patented it and then never did anything with it again.

Just like namco with loading screen games

loving patent trolls

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Namco should shamelessly rip off armored core and make a Gundam game set in late UC when the earth federation is collapsing (so you can justify mixing and matching robot parts)

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Stairmaster posted:

Namco should shamelessly rip off armored core and make a Gundam game set in late UC when the earth federation is collapsing (so you can justify mixing and matching robot parts)

ok but it needs to be an arcade exclusive local pvp only release that never leaves japan

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

just make a oyw combat sim, have a Zeon and EDF version of the games like x-wing and tie fighter

easy money

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

ok but it needs to be an arcade exclusive local pvp only release that never leaves japan

Just wait until Gundam Versus 3 launches in arcades and they'll port the previous one to consoles.

And hopefully pc, loving finally.

nobody will play it on PC except me.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

1stGear posted:

I have to assume 2024 is going to be a wasteland. The industry can't sustain this level of quality for long.

I misread this as there's going to be a new Wasteland in 2024 and got excited for the brief moment it took before I double checked the text

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

the best game of 2024 will be elden ring dlc

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Popy posted:

the best game of 2024 will be elden ring dlc

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Heavy Gear video game when

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The 2nd round of DLC of course, this year belongs to Shadow of the Erdtree, or else I'm going to be very sad

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

you can have sex with rogue moons in starfield

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

yup. just had sex with a rogue moon. and they showed EVERYTHING

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Also Jovian Chronicles.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

The empath trait offers you some funny lines in Starfield, not sure if it is intentional but you are basically the empath lady from Team America, [Empath]”I am sensing that you are feeling sad right now about your entire family having just been gunned down by pirates”

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Epic High Five posted:

The 2nd round of DLC of course, this year belongs to Shadow of the Erdtree, or else I'm going to be very sad

i think it's fine for shadow of the erdtree to not come out this year. i would like for it to be cool and long

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

otoh they need to finish it asap and have the entire studio to making at least two or three more armored core 6 games

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

But more importantly: Happy Sporeiverssary! 15 years ago today Spore was released! Spore had to walk so Starfield could run. Here’s to the many millions of creatures players have made and may they make millions more in the years ahead!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Punished Turtle posted:

But more importantly: Happy Sporeiverssary! 15 years ago today Spore was released! Spore had to walk so Starfield could run. Here’s to the many millions of creatures players have made and may they make millions more in the years ahead!

man that was a good thread

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Xaris posted:

RE3 remake, and the Code Veronice Remake are kind of underwhelming in their scope.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

they’re remaking code Veronica?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

There were like 2 games, they had some neat CGI and FMV, what joke am I missing here?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

RandolphCarter posted:

they’re remaking code Veronica?
the underwhelming scope of code veronica is it never leaving the ideas stage

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lostconfused posted:

There were like 2 games, they had some neat CGI and FMV, what joke am I missing here?

It's been a while

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
whoah Divinity Original Sin 2 is on sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Hatebag posted:

how about a megaman open world game and you have to interrogate lovely robots to figure out where the robot masters are? like you pounce from the shadows onto one of those cat robots that spits up hairballs and you have to shoot the hell out of it until it tells you where top man is?

just had a nice chuckle at the idea of a new megaman game