Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

G0RF posted:

Yeah I didn’t even think about RTV but that’s yet another indicator. There’s no alarm bells, just subtle little signals that started in maybe early 2017 and have multiplied since as CIG seems ever more eager to stimulate demand.

Just looking back on the Referral Contest announcement coming as it did when “3.0 No Show” grievances still flourished, you can see how completely CIG lost touch in their relentless urgency to stimulate growth. And that particular turd is the rare act of marketing with her fingerprints all over it, too.

Even though this is the two year old one, it has the delusory expectations in it (that eventually got removed.)

The delusory confidence of ever increasing growth seems like it failed them last year and bigger than I suspect the tracker reflects. It looks like they started getting more and more focused on the money hunt — referral programs, new debts, extended ship sales, turboflacking and more. But they’re trapped. The Alpha update that was supposed to change everything rendered it unplayable and not only is it impossible to market it’s really harmed confidence of the longstanding faithful. How can you really expect to sell many more ship concepts for an unplayable play, even with six week Sales runs and shilling on your own shows. To whom will you sell them?

Back in 2015 when the rumors that money problems were about to bankrupt them I didn’t believe it. We didn’t see any signals to suggest it, just saw more of the same week in and week out. Chris and Sandi seemed like — aside from the Escapist PR and Derek’s warlording — they didn’t have a care in the world. Wind at their backs, with right on their side, and halos hanging over heads throwing off god rays and lens flares.

It doesn’t feel like that at all anymore. It feels like some terminal decay has set in — financially and reputationally. I do a steady amount of community hopping and have for a long time and I really can’t think of a single star citizen discussion I’ve seen where hopeful narratives dominate discussion, and many old hopeful outposts have depopulated or fallen to cynicism and resignation.

Maybe this is all just out own negativity biases seeing patterns where they don’t exist but at this point it looks to me like The Doubt is a fractal, turning downward at the macro and when you zoom into the micro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCnYoFNtqnY&t=1975s another ship sale before vulcan sale even ends. constellation phoenix and Several other ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Dark Off posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCnYoFNtqnY&t=1975s another ship sale before vulcan sale even ends. constellation phoenix and Several other ships.

When you ceo was a used car salesman, sales are what you know.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

That is pretty dope.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

When your VP of marketing is Sandi, expect your costumers to feel tickled.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

When your director of ships is Ben, expect Wing Commander to get archived and not much else.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

When your legal advice is from Ortwin, expect Kevin Costner to backrupt your company.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

When Chris Roberts leads your project ... Your hosed.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Store Citizen

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hitting the juice I see. We all have our demons - it's ok.

I thought you were smarter than this.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

When Derek Smart is your critic, change his av to a monkey to get a meltdown.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the history link G0RF! It was informative and relevant.

Sandi murderer confirmed.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kosumo posted:

When you ceo was a used car salesman, sales are what you know.

Yeah, but you at least get your art department to whip up a buggy called a 'Skadden' and ride that wave for a few shekels more.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
wait toast is erris? what happened?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Toast is toast, MoMa is now Erris.

That makes you Derek for the week.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

big nipples big life posted:

moma should post in gbs, the 1 true forum

I feel like MoMA is too good a poster to post in GBS.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

SomethingJones posted:

I thought you were smarter than this.

He gave Chris Roberts money and never refunded.

...or maybe he sold his ships (at a profit, of course) and invested that money into Bitcoin, which is also always profitable.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

SoftNum posted:

I feel like MoMA is too good a poster to post in GBS.

:lol:

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Jobbo_Fett posted:

They say you melt under pressure, but a snowflake like me doesn't have to worry about that in the vacuum of space :smuggo:

Check Mate CIG CS Staff

Actually I believe that in a vacuum a snowflake would quickly sublimate into water vapor...
:goonsay:

...the molecules of which would then be scattered by stellar wind. :black101:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

X-Ultron posted:

...or maybe he sold his ships (at a profit, of course) and invested that money into Bitcoin, which is also always profitable.

It isn't about the money.

It isn't about the game either.

It's about an intangible ideaology that us luddites just don't understand.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Nobody has seen Erris and Toast in the sane place and at the same time. And Erris is a mild-mannered, awkward reporter who is extremely unattractive to the opposite sex.

Makes you think.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That is pretty awesome. Where is that from?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Lladre posted:

There was nothign racist about the avatar that was given to him. It does not surprise me in the slightest that you found it so, with your delicate sensibilities and all.

Reminder that he claims Lowtax banned the user that gave it to him. Yet no one was banned. A guy who goes on podcasts with a white nationalist, links to Breibart pieces and tosses around an Auschwitz joke like no big deal to further his lovely agenda should also have thicker skin.

Whatever happened to Zzr ?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Golli posted:

Whatever happened to Zzr ?

he was banned for an extremely bad post

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

X-Ultron posted:

Or maybe my sold btc bought my ships and my ltc. :insert Haitian think meme here, but only in text so I don't get probated:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

MarcusSA posted:

That is pretty awesome. Where is that from?

Someone pasted in discord saying I should post to the thread. Reverse image lookup points to https://blog.adafruit.com/2015/09/17/halo-alternate-pilot-helmet-with-light-up-skull/

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

big nipples big life posted:

he was banned for an extremely bad post

And now that he's gone, the misspelling of words containing weird characters has gone unchecked.

Horse doovers.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

stupidity compels morons to buys ships, whether with store credit, or btc.
You are an idiot.

Previously you mentioned that Beer was upset due to misinterpreting a 3 minute conversation Chris Roberts generously offered him. Can you expand on that for me please?

drat: meant to quote the previous MoMA post.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Virtual Captain posted:

Someone pasted in discord saying I should post to the thread. Reverse image lookup points to https://blog.adafruit.com/2015/09/17/halo-alternate-pilot-helmet-with-light-up-skull/

That is badass.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

thatguy posted:

♥・゚: *♡・゚:*♥・゚: *♡・゚:*♥・゚: *♡・゚:*♥・゚: *♡・゚:*♥・゚: *♡・゚:*♥・゚: *♡・゚:*♥・゚: *♡・゚:*♥・゚: *♡・゚:*
If I made just one person smile with a Holocaust meme then it will have all been worth it.
♥・゚: *♡・゚:*♥・゚: *♡・゚:*♥・゚: *♡・゚:*♥・゚: *♡・゚:*♥・゚: *♡・゚:*♥・゚: *♡・゚:*♥・゚: *♡・゚:*♥・゚: *♡・゚:*

Is this where we are supposed to shout, in goonison, that the holocaust didnt happen? Is that what the shitizens expect?

Twyst
Mar 5, 2005
:O

D_Smart posted:

You guys need to get a grip.

Someone made a meme using a publicly available image. The wording on the gate is straight out of the Star Citizen concierge card, as is the ship in the background. I shared it because I thought it was funny. I simply don't care that some people find it offensive because I'm not responsible for their feelz, neither is my social media feed their safe space.

Me? I don't care for outrage culture. I grew up on Usenet. Nothing fazes me.

People who find it so offensive should go around the net advocating for the removal of any/all such images.

https://twitter.com/savage_crabs/status/973846702447906817

Nothing fazes you except someone changing your avatar to a monkey or whatever.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

grimcreaper posted:

Is this where we are supposed to shout, in goonison, that the holocaust didnt happen? Is that what the shitizens expect?

I'm sure if confronted with this particular conundrum shitizens would find themselves with some comment constipation.

On the one hand, Derek Bad.

On the other hand, the holocaust never happened.

On the other other hand, loving liburals can't take a loving joke and too PC.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
nah they'll be fine, they are the poster children for cognitive dissonance

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
@SoftNum

I lolled.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Twyst posted:

Nothing fazes you except someone changing your avatar to a monkey or whatever.

He's got you there Derek.

He's got you there.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
When MoMA is the best poster for several pages...

BAD THREAD! BAD!

:redass::redass::redass:

DROP IT! DROP IT! NO!

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
I'm going to get sushi. Anyone wanna come with?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

BluesShaman posted:

I'm going to get sushi. Anyone wanna come with?

We gotta get out of this place
If it's the last thing we ever do
We gotta get out of this place
'cause goon, there's a better thread for me and you

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this was the only good post in the last 4 pages

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

ManofManyAliases posted: