Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

angryhampster posted:

That sad thing is it's not fun. Like someone mentioned earlier, the trans is unbelievably bad, the engine is wheezy and feels underpowered (which is pathetic given the car weighs 1800lbs) the interior is crap, the seating position is terrible, and it's just embarrassing to be in. People give you stares for all the wrong reasons.

No kidding, I've driven two of the drat things so far and it's horrible. I had push the pedal like all the way to to floor just to get it up a small hill into a parking lot. I'd really rather go DD a lawn mower than one of those things, at least I get cupholder then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
This is disappointing news about the Dart because I felt it was the first small car they'd made in years that didn't look like total poo poo.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

From what I've found, that's specific to the turbo engine, the N/A ones are better.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

8ender posted:

This is disappointing news about the Dart because I felt it was the first small car they'd made in years that didn't look like total poo poo.

It still looks like a bag of smashed assholes compared to the Giulietta it's based on.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Why a loving geo?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Powershift posted:

Why a loving geo?

The paint scheme is probably the only terrible thing about this car.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I disagree, I think the paint scheme suits it perfectly.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Old, old memory as far as the thread is concerned, but I was behind a guy in line at the bank who was apparently cashing a loan check back ten years ago or so and the cashier is making smalltalk and asks him what he took the loan out for, and with the smuggest voice (I couldn't see his face but I imagine he looked smug) he responded "I'm buying a Geo Storm and upgrading the engine, adding a spoiler, maybe a few interior accessories."

This was in at LEAST 2004-5, since I remember what bank it was at, and I wasn't using them until then.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

PopeOnARope posted:

God, that's gloriously hideous. Poorly trimmed roof to keep rain out of the new back window? Check. Raw sheet metal to fill the gap? Mm-hm. I know what'd finish this trainwreck up - the bed from that Nissan that caught on fire in the meth lab.

That looks more like a Ford F-series bed, 80-96. Tails look like 87-96, but it's too low resolution to really tell for sure (80-86 lights are more squared off, 87+ are rounded - the molding looks 84+).

:spergin:

Powershift posted:

Why a loving geo?

but but but HANDLING BY LOTUS!1! It was also built by Isuzu. :colbert:

I think it's in the wrong thread tho.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

My mother had a 91 Isuzu Bighorn (/honda horizon/holden whatever/trooper) 3.1D automatic. It was forest green with a beige metallic lower half and a poo-brown cloth interior (in excellent shape!). On the back and sides and special 3-spoked leather steering wheel it said Handling By Lotus.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

8ender posted:

I test drove one and was unimpressed, which was highly disappointing as I was sure that was going to be my next car given what I'd been reading in the press. It was okay, but it handled like a car one size class larger, had no oomph, was pretty boring inside, and it was the only car I'd test driven that couldn't read my thumb drive and play the music off of it.

Ended up buying a Focus, which seems like a drat good choice in retrospect.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

This thing was quite a mess, and SMG (of course)

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Das Volk posted:

Bape Culture got to work quick...

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Baram posted:

I don't know what bape culture means and when I look it up all I see is some trendy Japanese clothing company.

A Melted Tarp
Nov 12, 2013

At the date

Everyday Lurker posted:

The paint scheme is probably the only terrible thing about this car.

You weren't alive during the late '80s to early '90s were you? Every cool "custom" car had a similar paint scheme.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Beach Bum posted:

This is only AI application of a SMART

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgwzHJo3IXM

I dunno.. Think I would drive this one too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LPnRRvgOzQ. Granted the only 'Smart' thing left on it is the shell

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 30, 2014

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Sigh I'm an idiot.

The Midniter fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 30, 2014

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

GutBomb posted:

I don't know what bape culture means and when I look it up all I see is some trendy Japanese clothing company.

Bape Culture posted:

Here is my car before it goes full clown car

I think he used to be a5h?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Baram posted:

I think he used to be a5h?

Oh right, got it.

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!

A Melted Tarp posted:

You weren't alive during the late '80s to early '90s were you? Every cool "custom" car had a similar paint scheme.

I wish I had taken a picture of it now, but yesterday I saw a late 90s F150 with the exact same custom color scheme, but the truck was mostly the green color with huge purple flames on each side.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Baram posted:

:eyepop:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Das Volk posted:

Probably a rebadged 330ci. Replica M3 owners are super insecure about not owning one so they go overboard making their wannabes look "super fast".

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Caught this during my lunch break. Definitely doesn't look all that safe for New Jersey at least.

I love the crumpled license plate just jammed into the bumper, the Jerry-rigged side mirrors, and how the driver casually has his knee pointing outwards.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

I Might Be Adam posted:

There's something about a Dodge car that says "Why not a Honda?" or at least a Ford if you're going to buy American. Unless you're getting a Challenger or something, I'm not sure what the point of getting one is when a similar amount of money could put you in a Toyota or a Honda. Same goes for GM econo cars.

Dodge and GM just keep adding to my parts swapping pile, so I hope they churn out a LOT of lovely cars with decent engines.

Edward IV posted:

Caught this during my lunch break. Definitely doesn't look all that safe for New Jersey at least.

I love the crumpled license plate just jammed into the bumper, the Jerry-rigged side mirrors, and how the driver casually has his knee pointing outwards.

It's a jeep thing and you clearly don't understand :v:

(he does need an actually well built bumper for that thing, though, just ripping the stock front cover off is pretty trailer trash.)

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Edward IV posted:

Get a Wrangler, this kind of poo poo is probably not legal, whereas Wranglers are designed for it.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Yeah, the Wrangler has tall rockers to keep your feet inside, a seating position that does not rely on the door to keep the rest of you inside the vehicle, a ladder frame and body design that does not rely on side impact beams for general structural integrity of the body, a tube roll cage...
...but the Grand Cherokee says Jeep on the front of it, so its lack of the above things don't matter and people are going to rip the doors off anyway.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Edward IV posted:

It's Ricky's new Shitmobile

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

kastein posted:

(he does need an actually well built bumper for that thing, though, just ripping the stock front cover off is pretty trailer trash.)

I've been rolling with one half of my bumper ripped off since I bought the XJ (it came like that) because I'm way too lazy find a spare or take the other one off.

I think people steer clear of me because they think I hit things often. This dude that parks next to me with his mint condition 98 prelude watches me out the window of his apartment whenever I am coming or going. Last week he ran out to inspect his paint because he thought I hit his car with my door. (I don't think he counted on me chastising him for not buying one with the 4 wheel steering!)

I'm actually super cautious about that kind of stuff but looking at my jeep you'd think I'm as trailer trash as it gets. I feel weird not having a dip in and a pack of steel reserve in the trunk.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Tommychu posted:

Yeah, the Wrangler has tall rockers to keep your feet inside, a seating position that does not rely on the door to keep the rest of you inside the vehicle, a ladder frame and body design that does not rely on side impact beams for general structural integrity of the body, a tube roll cage...
...but the Grand Cherokee says Jeep on the front of it, so its lack of the above things don't matter and people are going to rip the doors off anyway.

In an actual roll, rockers aren't going to do poo poo to keep your feet inside.

Seating position... eh... dunno that that's going to do anything. Ever see how badly people ragdoll in a rollover/collision? It's pretty scary. Racers run window nets for a reason.

Ladder frame and body design thing... the doors aren't structural on XJs/ZJs. At least, they don't matter worth a hill of beans, even if they were intended to.

You're right about the rest, though.

Me, I'll probably make some half doors if I ever bother doing anything except stock doors. All the benefits, few of the downsides.

That particular ZJ does look pretty hillrod since it really isn't built, just had things taken off and larger tires put on, but I've seen some well built ones.

Whether the cops give you poo poo about no doors on a ZJ/XJ depends entirely on how bored they are and how much of a dick you're being.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
609 area code, never change.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhypDMcRISs

Some good, tons of terrible. I drive ALOT in LA for work and I mostly despise it, often because of the tuners/morons that treat the freeways like its midnight club 2 or whatever.

Mighty Car Mods has some good videos but this one is laughable. LA car scene? This is literally nothing but imports.

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 1, 2014

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

A Melted Tarp posted:

I was and it's still terrible. :colbert: Feels like I'm having a Trapper Keeper flashback.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Chinatown posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhypDMcRISs

Some good, tons of terrible. I drive ALOT in LA for work and I mostly despise it, often because of the tuners/morons that treat the freeways like its midnight club 2 or whatever.

Mighty Car Mods has some good videos but this one is laughable. LA car scene? This is literally nothing but imports.

You realize what you said, right?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Ah yes, Mighty Car Mods, well-known for their love of American muscle cars and traditional hot rods :downs:

E: Unrelated.

:negative:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jul 1, 2014

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Chinatown posted:

I drive ALOT in LA for work and I mostly despise it

What did the poor thing ever do to you?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

KozmoNaut posted:

Ah yes, Mighty Car Mods, well-known for their love of American muscle cars and traditional hot rods :downs:

E: Unrelated.

:negative:

I love, love, love seeing the owners of cars who have various disparaging things against women on their cars (eg stickers like that, shocker stickers, etc). Usually they're really fat, dress like a street wear toddler, and haven't gotten laid in years.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Octopus Magic posted:

I love, love, love seeing the owners of cars who have various disparaging things against women on their cars (eg stickers like that, shocker stickers, etc). Usually they're really fat, dress like a street wear toddler, and haven't gotten laid in years.

I only have a sample size of like 3 or 4, but you're spot on.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I lifted my Jeep because fat chicks cant jump. No fat chicks.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

You realize what you said, right?

Yeah, LA sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs