Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My robot has gas

https://soundcloud.com/user-44349750/thats-wangernumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

Spreading the Nite Crew cancer one volunteer shift at a time.

OK, so I finally have a minute to sit down and write something out. I ordered a Behringer MS-1 and TD-3-SR. The TD-3-SR had a buggy power jack, so I exchanged it for another. The second one had a buggy cutoff knob, so if you put a little pressure on it, it's wide open. I got tired of the whole thing and just decided to deal with it, not knowing whether the next unit would have worse problems. So my review of the TD-3 clone, it's cheap bad quality and you get what you paid for. That said, I've had good luck with my RD-8 and the MS-1 and my friend's large diaphram mic. So, 3/4 isn't bad.

The MS-1, it feels quality enough over the TD-3 and is weighty. The keyboard feels distinct. Korg Prologue's MIJ keybed is class, Moog Grandmother's Fatar keybed is top notch, and so I'm assuming in comparison that this is cheap. It doesn't feel cheap in the way mini-keys and old Casios feel, though. The keys are kinda snappy, I'm not sure how else to describe it. I really like how it feels, and if it weren't for the reference Prologue and Grandmother keybeds, I'd assume they just opted for a different design, not a "cheap" design necessarily.

Everything about the MS-1 soundwise is what you'd expect from online reviews and videos. It's great and does exactly what I'd wanted so no complaints. However, from here on out, if any of these Behringer units fail, I'm replacing them with nicer stuff. I don't like the idea of a "disposable" synth.

So my final rig is together and I jammed a bit this morning for demo. The routing:

Behringer RD-8 > Samson SM-10, kick split into sidechain of Presonus CL-44 (drums)
Behringer MS-1 > PreSonus CL-44 > Samson SM-10 (bass)
Behringer TD-3-SR > PreSonus CL-44 > Samson SM-10 (acid)
Arturia Keystep > Korg Prologue > Samson SM-10 line mixer (arp)
Polyend Medusa > Samson SM-10 (chords)
Lexicon MX400XL > Samson SM-10 (effects)
Neutrik NYS-SPP-L patchbay

Unfortunately, I just recorded straight into my Tascam handheld recorder instead of hooking my computer/interface up, so there's some noise that kinda ruins it but oh well, it's just a test. Ran a bit of faux "mastering" in Ableton on the .WAV file:

https://soundcloud.com/yjk-art/analog-research-015-electric-kool-aid

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Any deals around for a new Drumbrute Impact? It’s time.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Kilometers Davis posted:

Any deals around for a new Drumbrute Impact? It’s time.

idk bout deals but its a 🍇 machine. i went with it mostly for the polyrhythm bit but it sounds good without it, too. the builtin distortions not the most exciting flavor of dirt but it grits it up quite nicely.

the only downside imo is it just saves 64 patterns, which is nowhere near enough room for danceable beats and far out weirdness

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.
Side rant not really related to synths, but close enough since I've been listening to one of my classical attempts for a few hours now.

It's been a fun few weeks dealing with tech support - I've resorted to spending a night or two recording my laptop play either Mozart's Requiem for synths over and over again or the same four bar loop of generic beats to show a repro of a killer annoyance where every 20-90 minutes or so my audio interface either

1) cuts out playing for a few seconds or
2) just stops working altogether, requiring a power cycle of the interface to get it working again.

I've got a month left on the warranty so I worked to catch it happening on video with two different audio interfaces, on two different DAWs, with two different USB cables/ports to stop support from deflecting blame. Also switched off the power saving options for the USB ports as well. I'm guessing the power onboard the laptop is going a bit and it dips enough to lose USB connection, if only because my powered devices have better odds of powering though the glitch.

I've now listened to way too much of the first movement of Mozart's requiem in MIDI/synth form; as a learning lesson the Streichfett sounds cool if you use it for one, maybe two parts, but once you start layering it for strings, horns, choir, etc. all at once it becomes a bit too messy.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

MockingQuantum posted:

Excuse the double-post:

Anybody ITT have a Sonicware ELZ_1? Or anybody used one? I'm thinking of grabbing a Liven 8bit from their kickstarter, and there's a package deal that includes the ELZ_1 as a package deal at a pretty fantastic price, but I've never used one, and since it wasn't a heavily publicized synth from a big established company, I'm having trouble getting a good handle on what the workflow is like and what it does well, so I'm looking for general thoughts/feedback.

Yeah I kickstarted that bundle, it's a very good deal. Check out this Blezz video, he goes pretty in depth with the workflow and everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx6VDKsCqLI

I've given it a try in store as well (where it is far, far more expensive than the bundle) and I was impressed with the build quality and the unit in general really but since it is a pure synth rather than a groovebox the value proposition wasn't right for me at the time. It's like, would you like an OP-1's form factor but reversed, instead of a deep tape recorder with light synth features it's a deep digital synth focused on sound design, with light sequencing features. My answer then was yes, but not at that price - and this price is less for both synths than the ELZ_1 was in the store on its own.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
Crossposting:

So Math posted:

I've been sitting on some Ableton experiments. I think this is enough for an EP now.

https://jocko-homomorphism.bandcamp.com/album/chicken-of-tomorrow

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.
So whenever I have a spare few minutes I've been re-acquainting myself with my Roland MKS-70. Wow, what an insanely challenging synth to program. (And no, I don't have a PG-800 to program it. I have a perfectly good PG-200 for my broken MKS-30 though, heh.)

Gripes:
  • Some buttons have different behaviors depending on how long you press them. (Not explained in manual.)
  • Some buttons are toggle controls that change the purpose of other buttons. (You would only know when referring to the manual.)
  • The manual is strangely written (common with 80s Roland manuals, I guess), and uses its own terminology ("blocks" are the individual synth engines and "tones" are what you normally think of as synth patches, while "patches" combine both synth parts and all MIDI/performance settings.)
  • Even though the synth has the Alpha wheel dial control, it's hardly used for anything, even though it would GREATLY improve usability if you could use it to cycle through tones or patches, or through their editing parameters. I used to have an Alpha Juno 1, and the Alpha dial made that thing immensely more programmable than the Ensoniq and Yamaha synths from that era.
  • For some reason it uses A1-H8 numbering for patches, but 1-100 numbering for tones. In order to enter patch numbers (since they don't let you use the alpha dial for it), you have to use the bottom button row (numbered 1-8), then use G for 9 and H for 0.
  • The patch and tone editing parameters are accessed by entering 2-digit numbers. You cannot scroll through them (despite the unit not only having the alpha dial but also > < buttons). Instead you need to have the manual at your side, and look up the number code for each parameter you want to edit. Oh- also, they're not numbered sequentially. They kind of break things up into parameter "banks" where say you've got some stuff from 10-8, then 20-24, then at 30-35, etc.
  • There are hardly any examples of bass sounds in the presets. Good news is I know how to design those. Bad news is I have to program them on this thing.
  • I do own a Kiwitechnics patch editor (apparently no longer for sale?), but it's in storage and also not the easiest piece of hardware to navigate.
  • The "8" button is a lil touchy. I sometimes accidentally enter 88 or 888 with just a single light tap.

Cool:
  • I upgraded my unit to the most recent known ROMs. I wrote instructions for how to do this a while back.
  • Still sounds great, for being a 34-year-old machine.
  • Some nice electric piano and pad sounds, and a lot of patches with high frequency "ringing" layers. Overall the sound of the box is somewhere in between the classic analog Juno/Jupiter sound and the more clinical D-50 (minus some of the weirder or percussive PCMs).
  • Lots of performance options. Like you can run it like two completely separate 6-voice synths with separate MIDI channels/patches, or as one 12-voice mega synth of a single tone, or layer two patches together at 6-voices each. There are also split ranges and a velocity-based tone selection option. These settings are all patch-specific.
  • A lot of output options (for mono/stereo/separate or combined parts, etc).
  • And neither a pro nor a con, but for what it's worth, the audio outs appear to be unbalanced/TS (did some tests with different cables and found that TRS cables lost about 5dB down the extra conductor). The manual didn't mention one way or another.

I will probably begin recording with it this weekend.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
So after all this digging for a starter synth for my sis in the $300-500 range, she calls me up and tells me she got a thrift store SK-1 instead and I'm so proud.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Radiapathy posted:

So whenever I have a spare few minutes I've been re-acquainting myself with my Roland MKS-70. Wow, what an insanely challenging synth to program. (And no, I don't have a PG-800 to program it. I have a perfectly good PG-200 for my broken MKS-30 though, heh.)

Gripes:
  • Some buttons have different behaviors depending on how long you press them. (Not explained in manual.)
  • Some buttons are toggle controls that change the purpose of other buttons. (You would only know when referring to the manual.)
  • The manual is strangely written (common with 80s Roland manuals, I guess), and uses its own terminology ("blocks" are the individual synth engines and "tones" are what you normally think of as synth patches, while "patches" combine both synth parts and all MIDI/performance settings.)
  • Even though the synth has the Alpha wheel dial control, it's hardly used for anything, even though it would GREATLY improve usability if you could use it to cycle through tones or patches, or through their editing parameters. I used to have an Alpha Juno 1, and the Alpha dial made that thing immensely more programmable than the Ensoniq and Yamaha synths from that era.
  • For some reason it uses A1-H8 numbering for patches, but 1-100 numbering for tones. In order to enter patch numbers (since they don't let you use the alpha dial for it), you have to use the bottom button row (numbered 1-8), then use G for 9 and H for 0.
  • The patch and tone editing parameters are accessed by entering 2-digit numbers. You cannot scroll through them (despite the unit not only having the alpha dial but also > < buttons). Instead you need to have the manual at your side, and look up the number code for each parameter you want to edit. Oh- also, they're not numbered sequentially. They kind of break things up into parameter "banks" where say you've got some stuff from 10-8, then 20-24, then at 30-35, etc.
  • There are hardly any examples of bass sounds in the presets. Good news is I know how to design those. Bad news is I have to program them on this thing.
  • I do own a Kiwitechnics patch editor (apparently no longer for sale?), but it's in storage and also not the easiest piece of hardware to navigate.
  • The "8" button is a lil touchy. I sometimes accidentally enter 88 or 888 with just a single light tap.

What about a standard outboard MIDI controller like a Behringer BCR2000 or some other solution for parameter control? It doesn't help with the weird storage structure, but at least sound design would be easier.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I've been playing a lot more synth/keyboard stuff live than I ever have before (with a taiko ensemble, of all things) and I think I may need to get a little broader-application keyboard than what I currently have (which is the Minilogue, most of the time). I kind of know nothing about keyboards that aren't programmable synths, though, and I thought maybe someone in here would have some good ideas. Basically, I'm looking for something that has a wide variety of sounds, mostly for mimicking poo poo like organ, harpsichord, calliope, concertinas, etc. that also has full sized keys. Now that I've played the Minilogue live a few times I've come to appreciate that smaller-than-piano aren't that terrible in the studio but they do trip me up when my nerves are up.

Is there anything out there that sounds good, plays well enough, and is somewhere between cheapo Casio keyboards and stuff like the Yamaha Montage or Nord keyboards in terms of quality? I'm still trying to figure out if there's a way I can kind of fake most or all of the sounds on my existing synths using some of the Electro Harmonix keyboard "synth" pedals and the like, but the less crap I have to deal with, the better.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Kurzweil PC3?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Lots of options. I ended up getting a Yamaha QY100 module that can pair with any midi keyboard. There are 500 or so sounds built in so you can play any weird instrument you want including eastern stuff and percussions.

It has an 8 track sequencer on it too which I am still learning.

There’s also the Yamaha E363 which has velocity responsive keys and speakers.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Yeah I thought about a sound module kind of thing and just using one of my existing midi keyboards with it, it's less than ideal because I kind of need a self-contained setup that I can get on and off stage relatively quickly, we perform a lot of places that really don't actually have the space for us and the drums take up a ton of real estate. I'm trying to avoid having to deal with any midi cables, and as few power adapters as possible.

Something like the PC3 or E363, or I just saw that Yamaha does have the MX and MOX keyboards that seem like they're basically stripped-down Motifs, those would all work well. I guess it might be the sort of thing where I just have to go to a Guitar Center and figure out what the cheapest one with sound quality that doesn't make me cringe might be.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Korg workstations might be OK? I got a lot of use out of an m50 for that kind of thing, and if you can find one with a working touch screen you can edit the sounds fairly easily. Cheese factor depends on the age of the keyboard, maybe an m1 would be too far back.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Triton has a lot of sounds and a fatar keybed

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

byob historian posted:

idk bout deals but its a 🍇 machine. i went with it mostly for the polyrhythm bit but it sounds good without it, too. the builtin distortions not the most exciting flavor of dirt but it grits it up quite nicely.

the only downside imo is it just saves 64 patterns, which is nowhere near enough room for danceable beats and far out weirdness

I’m really looking forward to it yeah! It hits a surprisingly decent variety of warmer smooth sounds + gritty nasty textured sounds. At least from what I can tell in demos. I can’t tell if the pattern cap will bother me but if I don’t have a reason to worry I might as well just roll with it.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

MockingQuantum posted:

Live Keyboard?

I've seen a few acts rocking the Korg X50 and I've always been impressed by its compactness and great sounds.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
It's time. It's time for Mr. Dick to make beats.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

free Trapt CD posted:

Korg workstations might be OK? I got a lot of use out of an m50 for that kind of thing, and if you can find one with a working touch screen you can edit the sounds fairly easily. Cheese factor depends on the age of the keyboard, maybe an m1 would be too far back.

Yeah, I could’ve sworn Cuckoo recently made a video about this same problem (needing a self-contained keyboard solution for touring with a band) and ended up going with, like, a Montage (I heard Montage quit stripping) or other Yamaha workstation.

Isn’t something like the MX basically what the OP wants? Plus you can get it in blue (or white if you go used).

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Mr. Dick posted:

It's time. It's time for Mr. Dick to make beats.

Do it. MrSargent needs company.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Synthcube is doing another sale, I got an AI Synthesis tape delay interface. Thing is I stopped using cassettes back in middle school and all I know is I need a three-head tape recorder, preferably something small-ish that I can bend PWM into for motor speed control. I'm seeing builds with the Marantz PMD221, any other suggestions? Ebay is a little overwhelming.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I can’t for the life of me figure out what the Neutron’s “character” is. Like I get that it’s not trying to be a clone of anything extant, unlike all of the other similar Behringer modules, but I can’t really tell its signature sound apart from something like the CRAVE or Model D.

Like it just sounds “vanilla analog synth” to me. Stuff like the Pro-One, MS-20/K2, Roland clones, CAT, wasp, etc- I can pick ‘em out and decide if I like them or not.

But the Neutron seems to be “D but more flexible and with more patch points/not concerned primarily with cloning the minimoog”. Like I put on YouTube reviews and poo poo and my eyes just sorta glaze over. Somebody pls explain the Neutron to me.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

EBB posted:

Synthcube is doing another sale,

I've been taking advantage of these sales and have been picking up the zlob VCAs for pretty cheap. If anyone wants a fairly easy and fun 2hp dual VCA kit this is perfect to jump into. Picked up that and the push button VCA (Reminder it has no gate control - it's mostly a mutable VCA!). I've got their Diode Chaos on the way also. So far they've been through hole kits and skiff friendly so it's win win.

The vpme ZeroScope oscilloscope has been invaluable to far. It's mostly SMT stuff, but it's all beginner SMT. I find them easier than through hole to be honest - just make sure you use bent tip tweezers, 4x reading glasses, flux pen, and 0.33 solder and "less is more" for SMT. But the 'scope is just SO good. Using it to sculpt sounds is awesome. For the cost it constantly blows my mind.

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Somebody pls explain the Neutron to me.

It looks like if someone were to say "I want a basic modular synth but in one big block" and they decided okay, lets put all the basic stuff in, then double it up and put all the in/outs over on the right instead of next to all the controls. For the cost you get a lot of stuff.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Feb 22, 2020

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I'd consider it something along the lines of a Lifeforms SV-1 without being a direct clone. The main thing I feel like it offers me as an owner of a Mother-32 is a different filter profile and some different and interesting options in the oscillator section. I'm coming at as not being a single unit, but a prepackaged collection of modules.

Personally, I think you've identified a lot of the problems with the synth world, tbh. There's a lot of gear out there that you don't *really* need, even if you're looking at something from a "sonic character" point of view, so it becomes a question of features or workflow. For example, I have a Little Phatty, and have therefore had very little interest in getting any monosynth Moog has done since in the same form factor. I have a bunch of capable soft synths, so something has to be extremely compelling if I want something in the range of a large polysynth like a Virus or new Juno.

And if I'm really being honest, I tune out during a BUNCH of YouTube reviews, including Sonic State and loopop and others. It's *very* rare something comes along that actually seems necessary or revolutionary, and even then I run up against being fuckin poor. So it takes something genuinely weird to really get me to be interested in it.

Which is all a really roundabout way of saying there's nothing really to "get" about the Neutron. It's exactly what it looks and sounds like. It's another entry into the semimodular monosynth world, but coming at it from something other than directly ripping off its main competitor like the Crave does.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Philthy posted:

The vpme ZeroScope oscilloscope has been invaluable to far. It's mostly SMT stuff, but it's all beginner SMT. I find them easier than through hole to be honest - just make sure you use bent tip tweezers, 4x reading glasses, flux pen, and 0.33 solder and "less is more" for SMT. But the 'scope is just SO good. Using it to sculpt sounds is awesome. For the cost it constantly blows my mind.

A hot air rework station was a game-changer for me with SMT. Lay your paste, lay your parts, heat it up, fix any bad joints remaining.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

EBB posted:

A hot air rework station was a game-changer for me with SMT. Lay your paste, lay your parts, heat it up, fix any bad joints remaining.

Yah, i was thinking about that but I honestly really really enjoy hand soldering, esp SMT. I do a lot of miniature painting so it kinda pays off.

My only grey area is some of these builds require programming the CPUs which I'm not sure how to do on that level. I've reprogrammed an Arduino via a USB-Chip adapter but nothing like a 64 pin tiny as hell CPU.

As an aside, I spent time playing with those Mutable Instruments clones in VCV rack and I absolutely lust after a few of them now. Elements and Rings paired with Marbles is just amazing to me.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 22, 2020

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

rickiep00h posted:

I'd consider it something along the lines of a Lifeforms SV-1 without being a direct clone. The main thing I feel like it offers me as an owner of a Mother-32 is a different filter profile and some different and interesting options in the oscillator section. I'm coming at as not being a single unit, but a prepackaged collection of modules.

Personally, I think you've identified a lot of the problems with the synth world, tbh. There's a lot of gear out there that you don't *really* need, even if you're looking at something from a "sonic character" point of view, so it becomes a question of features or workflow. For example, I have a Little Phatty, and have therefore had very little interest in getting any monosynth Moog has done since in the same form factor. I have a bunch of capable soft synths, so something has to be extremely compelling if I want something in the range of a large polysynth like a Virus or new Juno.

And if I'm really being honest, I tune out during a BUNCH of YouTube reviews, including Sonic State and loopop and others. It's *very* rare something comes along that actually seems necessary or revolutionary, and even then I run up against being fuckin poor. So it takes something genuinely weird to really get me to be interested in it.

Which is all a really roundabout way of saying there's nothing really to "get" about the Neutron. It's exactly what it looks and sounds like. It's another entry into the semimodular monosynth world, but coming at it from something other than directly ripping off its main competitor like the Crave does.

I think for a lot of people, they dream about being Aphex Twin. The amount of gear that dude manages to incorporate in a way that doesn't reduce to nonsense cacophony is amazing. The reality though is that most people don't have the inclination let alone time to put that much into it. Which is fine, it's just, you see these lists of hundreds of different vintage synths, all which basically do the same thing, and go "well, must be something to that then!".

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fair enough, there is a kind of zen to builds.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Boners for Labor

Submissions (in lossless format) to be posted no later than Friday, April 17, 2020.

Any volunteers for mastering and artwork?

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

Mr. Dick posted:

Boners for Labor

HELL loving YES

Mr. Dick posted:

Any volunteers for mastering and artwork?

Possibly? Let the staring contest begin!

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Oh gently caress yea

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Not a bonerjam, but I did this back when I was first learning MCUs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAeNw7gGSV4

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

toadee posted:

I think for a lot of people, they dream about being Aphex Twin. The amount of gear that dude manages to incorporate in a way that doesn't reduce to nonsense cacophony is amazing. The reality though is that most people don't have the inclination let alone time to put that much into it. Which is fine, it's just, you see these lists of hundreds of different vintage synths, all which basically do the same thing, and go "well, must be something to that then!".

i dont wanna be aphex twin i wanna be squarepusher, thats why ive bought this 8 track reel to reel machine and this boss dr-880 and this time machine so i can go back in time and devote my entire life from age 10 to playing the bass

*horrible midi soundfont rendition of the internationale*

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Let's get this loving bread

first WIP

https://soundcloud.com/rid_labs/gtb/s-0sdPj

Tuning: https://en.xen.wiki/w/Sensax

Battery, Chipsynth MD and VirtualCZ

Mr. Dick's gotta say this is easily the fastest he's ever put anything together, started Friday and it's already about half done.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Sharps posted:

https://soundcloud.com/rid_labs/the-ymternationale/s-wPHua

Mr. Dick abides

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Sharps posted:

Come now Comrade, there is plenty of inspiration to be had if you look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-yRKfD2GIk

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh god why do I have this intense yearning for the WaveState.

One of my favorite plugins is the Korg Wavestation VST so that probably doesn't help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

algebra testes posted:

Oh god why do I have this intense yearning for the WaveState.

One of my favorite plugins is the Korg Wavestation VST so that probably doesn't help.

Someone who owns both thinks the 'state is disappointing in that regard and that the keys feel cheap.

Really hope they are going to create a 61-key version

e: rejected name following monologue/prologue: pro-state :v:

Laserjet 4P fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 24, 2020