Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-penny

Zurtilik posted:

It's pretty nice and has a cute little story unfolding as you do it.

It does have a cute story! moving back home was a funny and actual thing that paralleled in my life too. My favorite part was the apartment you get with all of the windows when you have to put your diploma underneath your dresser. lmao I wanted to hang it above the toilet, the only wall space big enough for it

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

rear end-penny posted:

It does have a cute story! moving back home was a funny and actual thing that paralleled in my life too. My favorite part was the apartment you get with all of the windows when you have to put your diploma underneath your dresser. lmao I wanted to hang it above the toilet, the only wall space big enough for it

The implication is that you've moved in with a boorish, uncaring partner who won't let you share their space. The internet was mad at this assumed bad boyfriend for at least a whole day.

Ass-penny

Bo-Pepper posted:

The implication is that you've moved in with a boorish, uncaring partner who won't let you share their space. The internet was mad at this assumed bad boyfriend for at least a whole day.

I must not have been online that day. I thought the implication was that your college degree (in illustration would be my guess based on the wacom tablets) was worthless, again this is very close to home for me

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

ChubbyChecker

rear end-penny posted:

I downloaded several small games onto my roommate's xbox one. One is called Unpacking and you unpack boxes and find places to keep all of your things. It is very byob.

lol sounds nice

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Y'all I wanna smoke weed at home but it turns out I gotta smoke weed at work instead.

Country roads, take me home...

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

rear end-penny posted:

I must not have been online that day. I thought the implication was that your college degree (in illustration would be my guess based on the wacom tablets) was worthless, again this is very close to home for me

https://kotaku.com/unpacking-might-have-the-worst-video-game-boyfriend-of-1848006376

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cardi BYOB posted:

Y'all I wanna smoke weed at home but it turns out I gotta smoke weed at work instead.

Country roads, take me home...

Never discount the quiet joy to be found in the opportunity to sit at a desk totally blessed on 75mg of gummies.

Edit: it autocorrected 'blitzed' to 'blessed,' and frankly I like it better that way

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm also declaring a new contraction: 'an

Contraction of 'than,' e.g. I'll be higher'an hell on MDMA as my brother drives me through the Xmas displays in the fancier neighborhoods"

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I'm also declaring a new contraction: 'an

Contraction of 'than,' e.g. I'll be higher'an hell on MDMA as my brother drives me through the Xmas displays in the fancier neighborhoods"

That's something I already say

cruft

I'm trying to watch every Doctor Who episode in order.

It's getting challenging.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

cruft posted:

I'm trying to watch every Doctor Who episode in order.

It's getting challenging.

Chronological or air date?

Robot Made of Meat

Zil posted:

Alphabetical. That's what makes it so challenging.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
ugh tiktok seems to have discovered that one song by the art of noise

is nothing sacred

cruft

Zil posted:

I had to think about what in the world you were asking for like a full minute before I understood.

LOL, nice one!

Escape From Noise

Bold grungo! I am currently brewing an American pale ale. First beer since I recalibrated measurements. So far so good? I'm a little tired because I woke up from a nightmare I had involving a bird repeatedly flapping in my ear (I have a fear of birds) but overall I'm okay.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Birds are creepy, i get it

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

They Might Be

rear end-penny posted:

I downloaded several small games onto my roommate's xbox one. One is called Unpacking and you unpack boxes and find places to keep all of your things. It is very byob.

Great game, but I felt so bad for immediately trying to "organize" a couple of the protag's items into the trash.

Ass-penny

They Might Be posted:

Great game, but I felt so bad for immediately trying to "organize" a couple of the protag's items into the trash.

a built in hazard to a game with that concept. there's items I never positively ID'd. the protagonist has like a week and a half more underpants on hand than I own fashow.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Friends I just got back from my local walk-in centre and I am boosted up to the max! My XP gains are going to be off the charts!

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Rarity posted:

Friends I just got back from my local walk-in centre and I am boosted up to the max! My XP gains are going to be off the charts!

Double XP weekend coming up!

sig by owlhawk911

NyaNyaMeister

Bruh-nyuu~

I am from this
stupid country :eurovision:
I got into playing mobile games for the first time in a few years now.

Found a pretty quality recreation of Fall Guys called Stumble Guys and also tried out the mobile port of Rocket League.

This reminds me of the early days of like smartphone gaming when every game studio and their mom tried to cram mobile ports of their big IPs on App Stores.

Current mood: https://vimeo.com/921220930

Thank you Heather Papps for the awesome sig

pixaal

NyaNyaMeister posted:

I got into playing mobile games for the first time in a few years now.

Found a pretty quality recreation of Fall Guys called Stumble Guys and also tried out the mobile port of Rocket League.

This reminds me of the early days of like smartphone gaming when every game studio and their mom tried to cram mobile ports of their big IPs on App Stores.

Enough phones can actually handle good graphics and enough people have picked up blue tooth controllers that big games can come to phones and tablets. The first go was cute in a oh god they did nothing to adapt the controls this is a mess. Now that a few indie games have found success big guys are saying why can't we do this too?

Expect AAA games to be a grab bag of good and downright awful with a few gems. If you have a computer that is able to play the games the bigger screen is probably going to be better for you but there's something to be said about being able to just take it with you outside if the cat wants to lay in the grass in the only patch not covered in snow.

sig by owlhawk911

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I find the Xbox Cloud to be pretty okay on phone if you have a controller. The trick is getting a bang up internet connection because XCloud gets finnicky sometimes even when I'm pulling 200mbs.

pixaal

Zurtilik posted:

I find the Xbox Cloud to be pretty okay on phone if you have a controller. The trick is getting a bang up internet connection because XCloud gets finnicky sometimes even when I'm pulling 200mbs.

That's far more likely due to latency than bandwidth. All you need to know is hop on wifi cell communications are not the best for streaming a game.

What's happening here is your phone isn't playing the game, and it isn't pressing the buttons. It's sending hey they pushed A to a computer playing the game so you have a delay in pushing the button then the game has to respond and send you the new frames which are more delay. You can't react to what you can't see but you can try and guess and predict when things will happen. Your reflexes should adjust if the ping (latency) is pretty consistent, cell data doesn't try to be consistent there so wifi is the right call. Not only that you'll blow your data plan.

sig by owlhawk911

cruft

pixaal posted:

cell data doesn't try to be consistent there

To be fair, no network actually tries to be consistent with ping times. It just works out that way more often on wired connections (like the ISP to your house).

Zurtilik

pixaal posted:

That's far more likely due to latency than bandwidth. All you need to know is hop on wifi cell communications are not the best for streaming a game.

What's happening here is your phone isn't playing the game, and it isn't pressing the buttons. It's sending hey they pushed A to a computer playing the game so you have a delay in pushing the button then the game has to respond and send you the new frames which are more delay. You can't react to what you can't see but you can try and guess and predict when things will happen. Your reflexes should adjust if the ping (latency) is pretty consistent, cell data doesn't try to be consistent there so wifi is the right call. Not only that you'll blow your data plan.

Actually, I've had more luck with the cloud over my TMobile Network on my phone than directly ethernet to my Xbox. IDK what the deal is. But then again I think that was when I was having weird network issues anyway, I might need to give it another go.

pixaal

cruft posted:

To be fair, no network actually tries to be consistent with ping times. It just works out that way more often on wired connections (like the ISP to your house).

Oh true, but the nature of cell networks is just so much more chaotic, it is far more likely to be stable with a coax cable, if you can get fiber that should be rock solid.

Like I don't even mean hardware I mean wifi vs cell modem. You can get really solid wifi though if you set things up right but that level of effort and knowledge is more than I expect from 99% of people.

sig by owlhawk911

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

pixaal posted:

Double XP weekend coming up!

Just in time for all the holiday event quests! :toot:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Heather Papps

hello friend

just a little post to say hello i'm alive. noticeably slimmer but alive!

i guess i had some sort of stomach flu, and combined with my upper gastro intestinal particularities and brain worms it put me on my rear end for more than 2 weeks.

i'm a little grumpy because i had planned on getting christmas shopping done in that time, and now i'm less than a week from christmas with essentially nothing ready.

oh well. i'm a functional human again and that totally rules. i missed you all, now it's time to try and catch up.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

ChubbyChecker

Heather Papps posted:

i guess i had some sort of stomach flu, and combined with my upper gastro intestinal particularities and brain worms it put me on my rear end for more than 2 weeks.

i'm a little grumpy because i had planned on getting christmas shopping done in that time, and now i'm less than a week from christmas with essentially nothing ready.

oh well. i'm a functional human again and that totally rules. i missed you all, now it's time to try and catch up.

keep on trucking!

Zurtilik

Heather Papps posted:

Glad to have you back. Bummer about the stomach poo poo though! Hopefully you'll be fine in the coming days and weeks though. =)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Heather Papps posted:

Love you brøthër, check your PMs and also tell me if I can send you anything. The internally soup network is vast.

Also I have so much to tell you.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I am very excited for Christmas as we are hosting it for the first time. It's the first time we're having a bunch of (vaccinated) people over since we moved to the new house.

I have a huge menu planned:

Roast fresh ham with cracklins
Smoked ribs (my brother doesn't like fresh ham)
Potatoes Dauphinoise
Sous vide carrots
Candied yams
Sauteed mushrooms
Roasted brussel sprouts

Going to be nuts. I'm excited!

pixaal

no festive cocktail? Looks like a fantastic spread for food, just trying to think of what looks weak and I see no drink game.

sig by owlhawk911

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

We come from a long line of Irish alcoholics and grew up with a minor taboo towards drinking at home as a result.

cruft

Bo-Pepper posted:

I am very excited for Christmas as we are hosting it for the first time. It's the first time we're having a bunch of (vaccinated) people over since we moved to the new house.

Potatoes Dauphinoise
Sous vide carrots
Candied yams
Sauteed mushrooms
Roasted brussel sprouts

Ooh here's what we're having:

• Slow-cooked vegetarian New Mexican Posole

That's it, Xmas is pretty simple here. But that Posole is soooo good.

Bo-Pepper posted:

We come from a long line of Irish alcoholics and grew up with a minor taboo towards drinking at home as a result.

Ms Cruft did too, but she'll probably have a rumchata martini or a bit of mulled wine, just 'cuz.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Bo-Pepper posted:

Potatoes Dauphinoise
Sous vide carrots
Candied yams
Sauteed mushrooms
Roasted brussel sprouts

dauphinoise taters are the best taters but don't be afraid to use like 3x as much gruyere as that recipe calls for and sprinkle a little gruyere between every layer or taters and also just use all cream forget the milk.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Zurtilik

All potatoes are good.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I would literally fight a man in a parking lot for bo-pep's taters.

Bo-Pep I am pulling a caper to you via FedEx btw NOT SORRY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Cardi BYOB posted:

Bo-Pep I am pulling a caper to you via FedEx btw NOT SORRY

Oh please. After the time you've had I've had zero expectations. Do not worry about me.