Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rhyno posted:

This is definitely what happened.

I'm 99% sure you're right, because everything else he did to this poor truck was wrongheaded hick-loving too :sigh:

I didn't mess with it today. Maybe tomorrow night after work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Found out the previous owner did two things:

1. Truly never cleaned the thing ever

2. Never wore their seat belt.

This lump of tape sat right where the seatbelt hangs loose. There isn't anything underneath it so they must have put it there to prevent the seatbelt from clacking against the metal. Why not just wear your seatbelt :psyduck:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

afen posted:

I made it mine:

1985 Audi 100 CS quattro, and it's a beauty! No rust under the car and it runs like a freight train. I've been looking for one of those since I sold my old one:

More betterer photos please, I like those.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

KakerMix posted:

Found out the previous owner did two things:

1. Truly never cleaned the thing ever

2. Never wore their seat belt.

This lump of tape sat right where the seatbelt hangs loose. There isn't anything underneath it so they must have put it there to prevent the seatbelt from clacking against the metal. Why not just wear your seatbelt :psyduck:

Oh my God, you have a dome light cover. They're so rare on Rockys here, you could probably buy a dozen and sell them in the US for $50 each.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

DJ Commie posted:

Oh my God, you have a dome light cover. They're so rare on Rockys here, you could probably buy a dozen and sell them in the US for $50 each.

It's times like these where I feel there is some sort of joke I'm missing because uh:

Granted I cheated a bit because it is much easier to find Toyota Blizzard parts instead of Daihatsu Rocky/Rugger parts but lucky for all of us they are the same thing sans engine. Wanna go into dome light cover for Rockys business? We can call it 'Fat Margins LLC'

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

KakerMix posted:

It's times like these where I feel there is some sort of joke I'm missing because uh:

Granted I cheated a bit because it is much easier to find Toyota Blizzard parts instead of Daihatsu Rocky/Rugger parts but lucky for all of us they are the same thing sans engine. Wanna go into dome light cover for Rockys business? We can call it 'Fat Margins LLC'

They're also available from ToyotaPartsDeal.com, in the US. $5.64 + shipping:
https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~cover~inner~rear~view~mirror~stay~holder~81241-87001.html

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016
I washed DannyWilson's Starion.

Then found some OEM Starion floormats in one of the parts cars and threw them in.

Looking good and back on the road.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I took the door trim off. Working toward getting rid of a lot of the chrome bits. Black headlights and black 22" wheels are next on the agenda.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

quote:

I took the door trim off. Working toward getting rid of a lot of the chrome bits.
Yay!

EvilBeard posted:

Black headlights

Plz no :ohdear:

Nah just kidding. While it's not my cup of tea do whatever you want as long as it doesn't affect safety.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Yay!

Nah just kidding. While it's not my cup of tea do whatever you want as long as it doesn't affect safety.

Not smoke, the non reflector parts are just black instead of chrome.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Yay!

Black headlights doesn't necessarily mean the entire headlight. On my Crown Vic, it means "all the bits that aren't supposed to be a reflector are black", and it looks 1000% percent less cheap because of it. "All chrome" light housings look fantastically rice to my eyes now. Thanks, Altezza.

e: f, b

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Ah, I get it. Triggered myself by living in downtown Phoenix.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

EvilBeard posted:

Not smoke, the non reflector parts are just black instead of chrome.

Why is there a speaker in the headlight?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Why is there a speaker in the headlight?

I wish.

Just projector style headlights.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Ah, I get it. Triggered myself by living in downtown Phoenix.

There are all-black variants of my headlights. I'm almost interested in how well they work, but of course I know in my heart the answer is: they don't.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I de-learned the home link for the garage door on the G35 I'm selling, and washed some bird poo poo off the new car. Hopefully G35 will be gone tomorrow, meeting the next owner at his credit union after work. A younger kid is buying it I'm dealing with a 20 year old's organization/communication skills. Fun working around that.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

RIP your meticulously maintained coupe

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Pretty much. Good thing I don't get attached to cars.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Larrymer posted:

A younger kid is buying it I'm dealing with a 20 year old's organization/communication skills. Fun working around that.

Just text.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I sold wheels to a 25 year old and it was brutally painful. A car to a 20 year old sounds like hell.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I sold wheels to a 25 year old and it was brutally painful. A car to a 20 year old sounds like hell.

I've had better experiences, yeah. But hopefully today I'll have my :10bux: and wash my hands of it.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Got up early, went to the hardware store, picked up some dip while I was there. Came home and dipped the factory wheels as a black trial.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I made a pressure brake bleeder out of a garden sprayer as per the Internet's instructions, and after many retries and much teflon tape, it totally works!
I bled my brakes and got the air out of my master cylinder in like 10 minutes. Awesome.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Achtane posted:

I made a pressure brake bleeder out of a garden sprayer as per the Internet's instructions, and after many retries and much teflon tape, it totally works!
I bled my brakes and got the air out of my master cylinder in like 10 minutes. Awesome.

What did you use for a cap (junkyard one?)? I always thought of just putting a tire valve in my cap and hooking it up to my compressor with a regulated output of like 10-15psi instead, but I too built one of those instead. Aaaaaand I've never used it.

I sold my car today. Now to decide if I want to sell my truck, too.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Larrymer posted:

What did you use for a cap (junkyard one?)? I always thought of just putting a tire valve in my cap and hooking it up to my compressor with a regulated output of like 10-15psi instead, but I too built one of those instead. Aaaaaand I've never used it.

I've done it with a junkyard cap. I used a propane grill regulator, the're like 0.5PSI or something, then just hooked it up to my shop air compressor. You really don't want/need a lot of pressure. Put too much pressure into the reservoir and you'll blow it off the master cylinder or break it...

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Larrymer posted:

Yeah, grabbed two from the junkyard in case I hosed one up(I did). I too thought about putting a valve stem in the cap instead. I can't really foresee an issue with that, but that's also the case with so many projects I've introduced problems into...

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

At the junkyard I usually go to, I've never seen a master cylinder cap on any car. I wonder if they just toss them when they drain all the fluids out or something. For my truck it would have required me to buy a cap and the gasket new which was like $20 at O'reilly, so gently caress that.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I thought the same, but it turned out that the caps were usually in a corner somewhere under the hood.

MasonF
Aug 22, 2005

these bitches r kicking me?wow wook wookfuk u

Installed some new wheels and slotted rotors. Hooray!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

MasonF posted:

I'm posting a long string of the 'clap' emoji plus a few '100' ones

Wait we can just actually do that on SA now can't we?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

MasonF posted:

Yes.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

chrisgt posted:

I've done it with a junkyard cap. I used a propane grill regulator, the're like 0.5PSI or something, then just hooked it up to my shop air compressor. You really don't want/need a lot of pressure. Put too much pressure into the reservoir and you'll blow it off the master cylinder or break it...

What's the solution for cars like my AE86 where the cap is rubber and just pops on? I've seen the solution for old-style GM with the big rectangular cap with wire retainers. Is it something like that with a strap?

This is relevant to my interest at the moment, as I'm trying to successfully bleed said AE86. I can vacuum bleed the front discs, but that doesn't work on drums - it just pulls air past the wheel cylinder pistons.

edit: yep, cap with anchoring strap.
https://www.motiveproducts.com/pages/application-guide

This one:

https://www.motiveproducts.com/coll...arine-universal

or this one:

https://www.motiveproducts.com/coll...arine-universal

depending on size, at least for the Motive product. I guess a flat plate with a gasket and a few holes isn't too hard to fabricate.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 16, 2017

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Darchangel posted:

What's the solution for cars like my AE86 where the cap is rubber and just pops on? I've seen the solution for old-style GM with the big rectangular cap with wire retainers. Is it something like that with a strap?

A bit of strapon action never hurt anyone I guess :v:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

chrisgt posted:

So I hear. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

chrisgt posted:

:nws:Never?:nws:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Did they use CSB as a model? :stare:

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I discovered that blue Loctite tastes really sweet.
Hmm...

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

You just lack ambition. :heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Fixed the no power issue on my AE86. It was all thanks to this damned thing right here:

Which looks fine until you look at it closely, without the clear plastic window on it:

It would even work when tensioned the right way in it's socket.

Now that I can make it spin over, I need to figure out why I gots no spark.