Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
Another postpartum sex report, we tried around 3 months because that was the first time kid reliably slept long enough to give it a go. I remember at first I was really anxious about pain so I preferred to be on top so I had more control and so there was no accidental slamming into where my stitches were. It wasn't painful the first few times but I also wasn't really able to let myself get totally into it. A few months later when kid started sleeping thru the night, my mental space returned and sex is as good if not better. Also my vagina and vulva to my eye/touch (as well as my partners reporting) are basically the same as pre-birth. I still have some internal hemorrhoids hanging around but I'll take it.

There are also pelvic floor therapists that can help not only with incontinence issues but with painful sex issues.

Also, I'm almost 17 months postpartum and I was overweight when I got pregnant but have lost weight down to about 10 lbs under where I was when I first got pregnant before pandemic times and have been maintaining since. I have some loose skin and stretch marks but my belly was always larger than the rest of my body so it's not too bad. I otherwise feel better in my body than I did before pregnancy. My boobs are a little bigger and floppier even though I didn't breastfeed. They make for better cleavage though when in a good bra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

It’s been nine days since ovulation and supposedly five days before my missed period, so I took an early test. If I look REALLY hard in just the right light I think I see two lines? Is it possible to have a very faint line with no hcg in your urine, like as a placeholder for where the line would be, or will there test be completely white and negative?

Let me know if you can see it...

2DEG
Apr 13, 2011

If I hear the words "luck dragon" one more time, so fucking help me...
Yeah that's not even a squinter. I think evap lines are more likely on the blue dye tests, and if that pic is within the test window, I'd call it a positive.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I can see it! I could have without the arrow.

boquiabierta
May 27, 2010

"I will throw my best friend an abortion party if she wants one"
That's a positive test! Congrats!

boquiabierta fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 3, 2020

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
No question in my mind, congratulations!

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
Another for good measure. Definitely a positive. Congrats!!!!

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour
Thank you for the reassurance!! I took another test after I had slept, and the second line is still very faint (to be expected), but it’s there! I’ve been absolutely exhausted this week, and felt crampy and a little nauseous at work last night, which is why I tested today. Really hoping it sticks, it would be a June baby, a great month to have a kid (mat leave for the whole summer).

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Is it normal to feel like absolute loving garbage all the time in first trimester? I've been mostly sleeping 10+ hours a day and still feel like death warmed over constantly.
It's a very nonspecific feeling but constant and awful.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

We've been watching the "what to expect" and "today's parent" videos and they've been loving spot on each and every week, but we've had a very non-eventful pregnancy so far (knock on wood)

But yeah, trimesters 1 & 3 are supposed to be not amazing, 2nd trimester is pretty great

My personal experience (via my wife) was mild nausea first trimester, for 3-5 weeks; second trimester we did a bunch of hiking/normal non pregnancy activities etc, third trimester my wife is a vampire/mole person, who only arises to scream at me for food and any minor chores that weren't done in advance of her waking up

TL; DR no, not at all uncommon

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

hallo spacedog posted:

Is it normal to feel like absolute loving garbage all the time in first trimester? I've been mostly sleeping 10+ hours a day and still feel like death warmed over constantly.
It's a very nonspecific feeling but constant and awful.
Yup sorry its pretty normal. I was sleeping for 12hrs for a lot of it, and that was kind of a relief to get away from the constant nausea-but-not-vomiting/vague feeling of malaise.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Tamarillo posted:

Yup sorry its pretty normal. I was sleeping for 12hrs for a lot of it, and that was kind of a relief to get away from the constant nausea-but-not-vomiting/vague feeling of malaise.

Thanks, I'm relieved to hear that only in as much as it's basically how I've been feeling too. Do you know around what week you started feeling better?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Hey everyone. I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. I’ve been worrying about a thing and I wondered if anyone here has already experienced this.

My partner had a medically diagnosed case of Lyme disease around ten years ago and has continued to suffer the symptoms in a chronic/syndromic fashion ever since even though she received treatment early.

I know that post-treatment Lyme is medically controversial so I am not looking to open up a can of worms here, however I’m wondering if anybody here has or had Lyme and been pregnant.

There are people in her online Lyme communities who are adamant that Lyme cannot be contracted in utero and there are people who are adamant that it can.

I’m not expecting any real answers I guess, just wondering what other folks’ thoughts are about it, because it’s making both of us very anxious. We don’t have pregnancy in our immediate plans but both want it “some day.”

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

hallo spacedog posted:

Thanks, I'm relieved to hear that only in as much as it's basically how I've been feeling too. Do you know around what week you started feeling better?

My nausea started improving at about the 14 week mark, and I think the tiredness peaked at about week 12 and then eased off. I was full of beans by about 4 months.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Tamarillo posted:

My nausea started improving at about the 14 week mark, and I think the tiredness peaked at about week 12 and then eased off. I was full of beans by about 4 months.

Thanks. I can't imagine another month of this but oh well.

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012
Any recommendations on on maternity/nursing bras? All my bras from #1 are shot (and tbh always kind of sucked, but I was too lazy/cheap to get new ones). I can't exactly go to the store to just try stuff on right now, but this situation is getting seriously uncomfortable

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Kindred Bravely makes pretty good, sturdy ones. The Simply Sublime one is supportive and soft, and comes in small band/large cup combos which a surprisingly low number of nursing bras do.

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012
Small band/large (okay well medium, but) cup is exactly what I need, thank you!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Baby was due on Monday and there have been no changes over the past several weeks. If she doesn’t spontaneously come before then, I’ll be getting induced on the 13th with a Foley catheter. The last time I got a catheter put through my cervix it was mighty painful, so... not looking forward to that.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Nessa posted:

Baby was due on Monday and there have been no changes over the past several weeks. If she doesn’t spontaneously come before then, I’ll be getting induced on the 13th with a Foley catheter. The last time I got a catheter put through my cervix it was mighty painful, so... not looking forward to that.

So for what it's worth, there's a less than 50% chance of your baby coming by the 13th. The below chart is for all pregnancies, and first-time pregnancies tend to go a few days later:

https://datayze.com/labor-probability-calculator?duedate=10/05/2020

Also it's your body and your pregnancy. You have the right to say no to the foley catheter, and there are a range of other options, including just waiting longer, membrane sweeps, and induction with pharmaceuticals.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Lead out in cuffs posted:

So for what it's worth, there's a less than 50% chance of your baby coming by the 13th. The below chart is for all pregnancies, and first-time pregnancies tend to go a few days later:

Also it's your body and your pregnancy. You have the right to say no to the foley catheter, and there are a range of other options, including just waiting longer, membrane sweeps, and induction with pharmaceuticals.

Word. My first came spontaneously at 41+3, a day after a successful membrane sweep.

My second was at 42 weeks and showed no signs of coming, head not engaged and cervix not ready. I could have waited, but my mental health after a few false alarms was shot, so I was induced after they maneuvered her head into my pelvis and broke my waters. I do wonder how long I would have gone if I’d waited.

In the end, your body will decide to go into labour when baby is ready to meet you. If you want to get induced, all good, and no judgment, but be aware that one intervention often leads to more.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour

Well, I highly recommend Easy At Home brand pregnancy tests! Got the ^^ positive test five days before missed period, and ^this big fat positive after drinking water at work all night long, one day before missed period.

Guess I will be making a midwife appointment next week!

Anyone else in the summer 2021 baby club yet?

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS

Nessa posted:

II was induced from a completely closed up cervix at 38 weeks for pre-e with a Foley and picc but I was scheduled for voluntary induction at 39 weeks anyway, so I'm definitely on the other side of the medical interventions good/bad opinion of things. I chose to have an early epidural but didn't need any further interventions. I also don't remember the cath being more painful than them shoving entire hands up my hooha for cervix checks, but my memory is a little fuzzy.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Oh, I’m cool with being induced that way. The last time I had the catheter I was not warned that it would be painful, so just knowing what to expect will help a lot.

I don’t really want to wait too long and risk baby getting too big. I’ve been putting on a couple pounds per week over the last month, so I’d rather not wait.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Koivunen posted:

Anyone else in the summer 2021 baby club yet?

I am! Should be late May/early June 2021.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I'm in the hospital right now with my wife. Getting induced just about a week before the actual due date.

We had to make due with like youtube vids and stuff for birthing classes since covid shut down all the in person ones. Any thoughts on when to start the epidural process? Nurses have been very flexible but also unwilling to give any advice.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
Honestly I'd do it sooner rather than later. My midwife just asked me "do you feel like you've experienced labour enough yet" and I said well I've been going for 6 hours.... and she was like welp the anaesthetist is coming down the hall so if you want let's do it now!

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
I got mine really early but was also on meds for pre-e that made it so I couldn't walk around. Once she's in enough pain where walking around doesn't sound appealing or helpful, I'd say go for it. I got mine around 11am and it was still going strong 12 hrs later.

Bloody Cat Farm
Oct 20, 2010

I can smell your pussy, Clarice.
If I could do it over again, I would get an epidural early on.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Thanks everyone, appreciate the advice! We just got it after the contractions hit like a 5 or 6 consistently. We called in the nurses and got it done. Blood pressure dropped for a minute and she nearly passed out. Anaesthesiologist came back in to give her some adrenaline or something.

Totally fine now. Epidural seems to be working well and she's, "more comfortable than anytime in the last 36 hours." I think we're back into a bit of a waiting game until we get more dialation and move into active labor.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS

Olanphonia posted:

Thanks everyone, appreciate the advice! We just got it after the contractions hit like a 5 or 6 consistently. We called in the nurses and got it done. Blood pressure dropped for a minute and she nearly passed out. Anaesthesiologist came back in to give her some adrenaline or something.

Totally fine now. Epidural seems to be working well and she's, "more comfortable than anytime in the last 36 hours." I think we're back into a bit of a waiting game until we get more dialation and move into active labor.

Try and help her get some sleep tonight if at all possible. Sending good laboring vibes!!

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Good news: she got lots of sleep.

Neutral news: doctor recommended calling it due to too little progress. Headed to c-section.

Honestly very shaky and nervous. Trying to keep up starting front for her.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

Olanphonia posted:

Neutral news: doctor recommended calling it due to too little progress. Headed to c-section.

Just trust that she is in safe hands with experienced doctors who do this all the time, and that this will get the best outcome for her and baby. You guys got this.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour

Olanphonia posted:

It’s better that they can decide to do a section now instead of waiting and possibly getting into a situation where you’re rushing to the OR. You’re going to have a baby soon!!

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS

Olanphonia posted:

You'll be thankful for the sleep later. Sections are so common and still count as birth! I hope you all came thru okay and are chilling with your new baby!

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I checked the OP but didn't see any info on this - is there any kind of recommended reading that I could do re: things to expect during the pregnancy/early infancy? Current recommended booklist or anything like that?

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?

hallo spacedog posted:

I checked the OP but didn't see any info on this - is there any kind of recommended reading that I could do re: things to expect during the pregnancy/early infancy? Current recommended booklist or anything like that?

I don’t think there’s a list, but I found that The Girlfriends’ Guide to Pregnancy was very true but also humorous.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Whew, busy morning. Baby and mom are both good. 8lb boy. The hip pain mom had been feeling for the last 4 weeks is gone she says (replaced by incision pain). Thanks again thread, appreciate the kind words.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Olanphonia posted:

Whew, busy morning. Baby and mom are both good. 8lb boy. The hip pain mom had been feeling for the last 4 weeks is gone she says (replaced by incision pain). Thanks again thread, appreciate the kind words.

Congrats!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

KasioDiscoRock posted:

I don’t think there’s a list, but I found that The Girlfriends’ Guide to Pregnancy was very true but also humorous.

Thanks, I'll check it out!