Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Prav posted:

I feel that the current spread model combines the major annoyances of the original blunderbuss and the 8.6 autohit distribution. Roll it all back. All the way.

The only time distribution didn't suck was launch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Wargaming has already hosed up the tourney and made us replay a match.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I'm going up the American TD line for a keeper at Tier 4 or 5, was planning on the T67 because I had boatloads of fun with it when it was still the T49, is it still stupidly good for pubstomping and how good does the Wolverine handle in comparison? I feel like the Wolverine is just a Hellcat sans the good gun at one tier lower.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I've used auto aim on the move for years and it's always seemed to hit more than it should are we positive they've actually changed anything?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm going up the American TD line for a keeper at Tier 4 or 5, was planning on the T67 because I had boatloads of fun with it when it was still the T49, is it still stupidly good for pubstomping and how good does the Wolverine handle in comparison? I feel like the Wolverine is just a Hellcat sans the good gun at one tier lower.

The T67 is still great. You missed out though - they swapped the top and stock turrets around a while ago before the TD view range nerf and it had 370m view range at tier 5. It was pretty bananas to have scout view range and mobility and (stationary) camo and a great gun.

BadLlama posted:

I've used auto aim on the move for years and it's always seemed to hit more than it should are we positive they've actually changed anything?

More shells miss while fully aimed than it did before the most recent accuracy change, giving you more incentive to snapshot rather than aim. Might as well go for the luckshot while getting into a better position.

JCFalkenberg
Jul 7, 2008
I wasn't around yesterday, and tried to log on today for some pre-clan wars pubbing, and it appears that those bulba nerds were mad enough to follow through on their threat to get me banned on friday night.

Or maybe it's a coincidence. Either way it's a good excuse to go play better games for a while.

e:

Dear JCFalkenberg,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming.net Support.

It appears the restriction was made by mistake on your account and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for contacting support on this matter and for future questions, concerns or issues we ask that you contact us again.

Best Regards,
Joshua Woodstock

:allears:

JCFalkenberg fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 21, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JCFalkenberg posted:

I wasn't around yesterday, and tried to log on today for some pre-clan wars pubbing, and it appears that those bulba nerds were mad enough to follow through on their threat to get me banned on friday night.

Or maybe it's a coincidence. Either way it's a good excuse to go play better games for a while.

Welcome to my life.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

kemikalkadet posted:

best moment in my WoT career

Good job on killing QB, you are the goon we all aspire to be.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Is...is this normal? :stare:

Since 9.10 it seems like it. But WG will blame it on mods just like the game crashes are all mods faults.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Exia00 posted:

Since 9.10 it seems like it. But WG will blame it on mods just like the game crashes are all mods faults.

Even the crash with the first batch of HD models was blamed on mods first, then the story was that most of the crashes were mods but some were the game, then eventually they fixed the bug without really admitting that their lovely code was the only cause.

Was hilarious being in historical battles with an entire team completely locked out of the game because the game would crash, but restarting the client would load you back into the same game for another instantaneous crash without the ability to exit to the garage.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Recommendations for the 2nd, 3rd skill on the CDC?
Retraining to Sixth Sense and Safe Stowage on commander/loader, had camo on the other two, but despite 4 folks with 100% camo, I haven't really felt like it helped at all, I seem to be spotted wherever I go. Not that this is a problem if I play accordingly, but I'm having a hard time deciding between repair/camo for everyone but the gunner (with snap shot) since this is a paper-medium.

Also:
I might just keep both the M8A1 AND the T67 around, goddamn.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 21, 2015

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Recommendations for the 2nd, 3rd skill on the CDC?
Retraining to Sixth Sense and Safe Stowage on commander/loader, had camo on the other two, but despite 4 folks with 100% camo, I haven't really felt like it helped at all, I seem to be spotted wherever I go. Not that this is a problem if I play accordingly, but I'm having a hard time deciding between repair/camo for everyone but the gunner (with snap shot) since this is a paper-medium.

I pretty much train repairs as first skill across the board then retrain for SS,snapshot,smooth ride,safe stowage, and start retraining repairs again.

Camo seems to have taken a back seat now still go for it on a light tank and tds but snap shot meta is the new thing.

Everyone is going to have their thing they think works the best. So really comes down to your play style. I am aggressive no matter what tank im playing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Made it to the finals in the tournament! 5k gold guaranteed! :woop:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

Made it to the finals in the tournament! 5k gold guaranteed! :woop:

Me and Chilly won with three people against five, then lost with four people against five. 500 gold :(

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, the other blue on my team is going on a date instead of playing in the finals. We're up against a team with a sperglord from BULBA, so we're probably going to lose anyways, but c'mon man, priorities.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:woop: I just won 10k gold! Eat poo poo poors! :woop:

PRO ENSK STRAT, NO STEALING!

Edit: Tournament Tip: You need to lose the first round of every playoff to lull the enemy into a false sense of security.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 21, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
First time in a long time I've had a good weekend in this game:

So the secret is: Platoon.

Also, every time I play the AMX 30 I am reminded why the AMX 30 is such an amazing thing.

Seriously, go play it.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I thought about getting one, but I already have a 121 and 4202.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Green Dam posted:

I thought about getting one, but I already have a 121 and 4202.

It is a much different monster than both of those.

It has speed, a great gun, great camo and depression.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I would like the AMX 30 (tier 9 one) a hell of a lot more if it didn't have the French tendency to fire straight into the ground every 2-3 shots.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

That's just the price you pay for getting a L7-equiv gun at T9.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Prav posted:

I know, but to be fair the ROF is gimped and the tank is made of glorified tin foil.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Prav posted:

Took the words out of my mouth.

unlawfulsoup posted:

I know, but to be fair the ROF is gimped and the tank is made of glorified tin foil.

The sacrifices we make for perfection.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

It is a much different monster than both of those.

It has speed, a great gun, great camo and depression.

Yeah, but it's French and not strong like China or tea like Britain.

Maybe I'll grind to the tier 9 one through strongholds or something some day.

unlawfulsoup posted:

The Type 61 was pretty easy to grind through though and has worse gun handling/dispersion.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Green Dam posted:

Yeah, but it's French and not strong like China or tea like Britain.

:getout:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

dogstile posted:

I can't wait for you to gently caress up playing that tank.

I hate to spoil your "I'm going to be a douche too!" fun, but I gently caress up occasionally in every tank I play.

You probably don't ever gently caress up with your 200% win percentage though. You are literally the Jesus Christ of pix tanks.

PS to I've only played it twice since people here are more interested in being dongs than answering my question and I have a 0% win rate on it. :cripes:

Exia00 posted:

War gaming commercials are getting a little out of hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ0XQ1KHLQE

There is a t11 gun???? I NEED THIS.

I obviously meant ix. I was drinking again. Cut me some slack.

quote:

just need turret and the T9 gun tracks are required for this (gun handling blows but it works.) The t10 gun has been treating me really well. Gun handling improves allot.

An answer! Cheers. I will just grind out the free XP for the turret and the tier x gun before I start using it then.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 21, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If you care about things like win rate and WN8, then free exp the turret and top gun. I ground it out from stock and did alright, but the first 120 mm sure helps. You could probably just free exp it and then grind out the rest because you don't need the tracks to mount it.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Stock tanks suck as a rule, free XP that poo poo is a no brainer unless you are a poor or don't have tank-welfare.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

unlawfulsoup posted:

Stock tanks suck as a rule, free XP that poo poo is a no brainer unless you are a poor or don't have tank-welfare.

Or really don't give a poo poo and just do the tank for dailies.

I don't remember the last time I did that though...

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Or really don't give a poo poo and just do the tank for dailies.

This is my M.O. If I cared about my stats I wouldn't have 100+ battles in the A-20.

Edit: lol 200+. :suicide:

McGavin fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 21, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

Edit: lol 200+. :suicide:

You poor thing.

My punishment was the Garbage Carrier. I don't want to remember those days...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Definitely keeping this little bugger around.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Even I didn't suffer through the CGC and I drove both the Pz 38 nA and the A-20.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

One of the shitters on my tournament team ran an M8A1 until I yelled at him enough to buy a Luchs for day 2. It's got decent enough DPM for tier 4 with the 57mm, but the lack of HP is a pain because a Luchs with the 3cm can clip it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ZombieLenin posted:

You are literally the Jesus Christ of pix tanks.

That's me actually. This cross is almost too much to bear.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

ZombieLenin posted:

Cut me some slack.
People would be more inclined to do this if you actually listened to the answers people give you.

ZombieLenin posted:

An answer! Cheers. I will just grind out the free XP for the turret and the tier x gun before I start using it then.
The difference between the stock turret and the upgraded one are really minimal compared to how pronounced it is on most tanks. Also the tier 9 gun (120 mm Gun T122) is totally serviceable. As far as free exp, only the tier 9 gun is mandatory, the tier 10 gun just makes the tank more fun to play. I'm pretty sure some goons have even completely skipped the tier 10 gun to get to the T110E5 faster.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I grinded the KV-3 from stock and never upgraded any of its engines. Ask me about completing a 360 turn in 40 seconds.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

frood posted:

I'm pretty sure some goons have even completely skipped the tier 10 gun to get to the T110E5 faster.

Or just got Grandfathered into the tank :smugdog:

BadLlama posted:

I grinded the KV-3 from stock and never upgraded any of its engines. Ask me about completing a 360 turn in 40 seconds.

I love the KV-3. Don't hate the tank, hate the game.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Axetrain posted:

I would consider asking him over the course of the week when my expected ban will be implemented.

Bit of an update, after telling him each day that I'm still not banned with no reply, today he replied. "Thats because i never made a ticket or sent in the replay so the jokes on you haha :)"

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

:owned:

Also rumor is that we'll get the crit buzzer back in 9.11. I dare not hope this is true.