Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Over due taxxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Kosumo posted:

Now, how do I make it so it's not to big to start with but if you click on it, it enlarges?

Here is a picture of him, Hickory, offering his belly for pats but it's a trap, he really wants to claw and bite you.

I would still try!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

http://i.imgur.com/GQiC3Vo.mp4

Or, caption it yourself

http://i.imgur.com/UidAhD0.mp4

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Britton Watkins has been working on the languages for well over a year now.

Kind of a bummer if this has been his focus the entire time and he fleshed out two languages for a non-game.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Chin posted:

Kind of a bummer if this has been his focus the entire time and he fleshed out two languages for a non-game.

I daresay he's being paid either way.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Fatkraken posted:

Payment in jpgs?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/lzmm2Ju.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/CU3Caya.mp4

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ah yes the problem here is because cig pander too much

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Jerry Nitz posted:

Longtime lurker here. I just wanted to take a moment to thank you one and all (bar MoMa, Fuckasaurus, Lazrin, FAU, Dick Shart and Marching Powder, and the creep who shamed the poor person molested on that stream and then tried the puppetmaster defense) for all the laughs. I was lost for a long time due to buttcoin not collapsing in a cataclysmic event. The last thread drat well saved my soul.

Here's to 6665 more!

Also gently caress cig so bad

Welcome to the thread, friend. I look forward to your contributions now that you've shed your lurker shroud! Good luck! :hfive:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm assuming Pusher will be the only one that knows all the languages fluently.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Fatkraken posted:

Well yeah, it just seems like a significant investment of time and creativity that will forever have this baggage. "I spent two years creating two languages for that infamous hosed up scam" sucks compared to "I spent two years creating two languages for a good game that exists."

I don't know, maybe he phoned it in and it's just a paycheck. Seems like he took it pretty seriously based on the interview.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

she probably has a masters degree in it

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Second Sun posted:

Don't suppose there's any explanation as to *why* they're updating the Aurora? Every gameplay system is incomplete or missing, but let's keep tightening up the graphics on level 3.

Because the Aurora and the Mustang are the basic ships for new players and they are both pieces of poo poo (and the Mustang is buggy beyond repair). They are looking for fresh blood to suck.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

alf_pogs posted:

this feels like it's out of the limp bizkit "rollin" videoclip starring ben stiller
alright citizen
keep on pledgin' baby
you know what patch it is

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

oh you just thought I said I worked there

LOL i NEVER thought you worked for CIG and was saying it there while EXUDING copious amounts of sarcasm.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

And this is how you spell scam in Alienese

http://i.imgur.com/coMR1NQ.mp4

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Chalks posted:

I'm glad they finally got round to paying a linguist to make up a language for them, now they can point to that as if it's progress even though literally none of their staff will have had any hand in its creation.

That's the "easy checkbox" filling. A language requires no programming, so of course they will do it. They'll redo art 500 times, probably have 600 updates on their alien language (updated "flo-clout" to be "fat and broad" instead of "fat and soft"). They can also mocap until the cows come home.

Unfortunately though it's all fake progress. The language isn't going to be any more useful than selecting "play backwards" to somebody reading a menu in Italian or anything similar. It also doesn't bring them closer to actually finishing the game.

But it does meet a check box for the MVP. :)

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

most exercise he has done in years.

why do get an uncontrollable urge to slap him? pudgy fat face, stupid smug grin, that rug, wavy hands. Not sure something sets me off.
I never would I dont think but drat that is triggering!

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

ManofManyAliases posted:

LOL i NEVER thought you worked for CIG and was saying it there while EXUDING copious amounts of sarcasm.

at least CR lies better than you toast

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

Now that I know you expect people to read sarcasm in your posts with literally no indication that it is there, I am now reading all your posts supporting Star Citizen in a really sarcastic way.

You're suddenly a much better poster.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

You got to stop spoiling the Sq42 story for everybody. :argh:

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

Colostomy Bag posted:

I don't know, alien languages seem like an awful lot of effort for someone that has trouble acting in her native language convincingly. Although it could lead to some interesting footage of her trying to read off a cue card filled with vanduul gibberish so I hope it happens.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Chin posted:

Well yeah, it just seems like a significant investment of time and creativity that will forever have this baggage. "I spent two years creating two languages for that infamous hosed up scam" sucks compared to "I spent two years creating two languages for a good game that exists."

Good games that exist don't pay experts to create conlangs because they have better things to spend their limited budgets on

quote:

I don't know, maybe he phoned it in and it's just a paycheck. Seems like he took it pretty seriously based on the interview.

Paid gigs making synthetic languages are probably few and far between, and people don't get into that field without a real passion; there are tons of hobbyists who make up languages for no reward at all other than the respect of the community and their own pleasure. ANY opportunity to do this full time for a living is probably gonna inspire someone that passionate, even if the project it's being made for is bullshit

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Titanic posted:

You got to stop spoiling the Sq42 story for everybody. :argh:

WHAT? You told us the ending just yesterday!

Hello Miss Pot, meet Mr Kettle

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

cool new Polack jokes posted:

You took a thousand dollars out of Chris Roberts' pocket, and took food out of his childrens' mouths (and by me having to reference their existence to shame you, you have doxxed them. :mad:). Nice work.

Already in the game, citizen!

Chris Roberts , the best example of what happens when you sit in a computer chair for your entire adult life. Dude looks like he hasn't had to do any actual work in the past 10 years

The heaviest thing he's probably lifted was that abortion of a script

Someone post the video with him walking away from the camera like he poo poo his pants

The shamble of a man who hasn't wanted for anything for a long while

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Chin posted:

tis all great - but what's the worth of a polyglot's most brillant conlanguage when it's used in terrible dialog and rather awful neo-republican plot?

... I will find comfort in laughing about youtube citizens speaking vanduul and xian at the next citizencon reveal.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/majortomgames
:laugh:

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

"""""games""""

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

None of this is/ever/will be used. wasted money. burn the money

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hey there is a line of defence vid in there somewhere

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yes, we know. After all you sound be able to idea one of your coworkers.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Kosumo posted:

Now, how do I make it so it's not to big to start with but if you click on it, it enlarges?

Here is a picture of him, Hickory, offering his belly for pats but it's a trap, he really wants to claw and bite you.

Ugh, I got exactly the same model, stupid default skin and it's not been refactored for years by the producer:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Just like all the other stuoid videos they put out I refuse to watch this one. Aside from any funny gifs that are created

But why spend all that time and money creating actual languages when something like Simlish does just fine

Forget fidelity , no one will give a poo poo how authentic the languages are in a year after release , Crobberts thinks he's going to mine nerd gold inventing the next klingon

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Kosumo posted:

WHAT? You told us the ending just yesterday!

Hello Miss Pot, meet Mr Kettle

Well I didn't say "We", I can spoil it, just not other people. I can spoil it because I've already prepared my altar for the story that will change lives. Got to have that proper level of respect. :clint:

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
How long until we get the first citizens proudly presenting their "inks"?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Sappo569 posted:

Just like all the other stuoid videos they put out I refuse to watch this one. Aside from any funny gifs that are created

But why spend all that time and money creating actual languages when something like Simlish does just fine

Forget fidelity , no one will give a poo poo how authentic the languages are in a year after release , Crobberts thinks he's going to mine nerd gold inventing the next klingon

it's because it was a stretch goal that people* haven't actually forgotten AND one that is pretty cheap and easy to implement even if it has absolutely no impact whatsoever on the actual game, drawing attention away from the hugely difficult and expensive stretch goals that would actually turn the tech demo into a GAME, like mining, farming, missions and gameplay.

*goons

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

It will be cool to teach my space dog to sit in Vanduul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Whales and deals are are pretty much the only thing keeping this afloat right?

Burned bridges with AMD, and small studios throughout the world, they have intel and amazon now though, but for how long?