Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Oh no I equated US politics to fantasy again

See, Nancy Pelosi is Dumbledore because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Plus we can stay up all night and eat candy!

No one to come around and bust our bubble

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Power Rangers Movie Soundtrack and Boyz II Men "II" were my first two CDs

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
My first two cassette tapes were MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
My first cds were the All That soundtrack and Tupac All Eyez On Me

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Actually health care costs are rising because we keep inventing tons of amazing drugs to take and then paying enormous profits to the drug companies making them. Also we came up with a hundred different treatments for cancer which are all super expensive so instead of just dying of cancer now you can bankrupt yourself on cancer treatments and then live poor and miserable for another ten years.

The hilarious part is that those countries with nationalized health care not only spend far less on health care per capita, but they also live longer and have better outcomes. Maybe being bankrupted by your health care treatments is actually bad for your longevity?

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
The first two CDs I spent money on were Big Willie Style and the Men in Black soundtrack.

The last non-digital CD I bought was The Eminem Show.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I think my first CD was Kriss Kross "Totally Krossed Out" :v:

gently caress you, I'm old!

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
I spent money on weird al's entire discography when I was younger, ending in Poodle Hat I think

At the age of about 16 I had a eureka moment, "what the gently caress am I doing listening to just this" and threw all of it out. Not all of it's horrible but I had to make a clean break

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The first cassettes I ever bought for myself were 7th Son of a 7th Son and Painkiller. My first CD was Pork Soda.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

Actually health care costs are rising because we keep inventing tons of amazing drugs to take and then paying enormous profits to the drug companies making them. Also we came up with a hundred different treatments for cancer which are all super expensive so instead of just dying of cancer now you can bankrupt yourself on cancer treatments and then live poor and miserable for another ten years.

The hilarious part is that those countries with nationalized health care not only spend far less on health care per capita, but they also live longer and have better outcomes. Maybe being bankrupted by your health care treatments is actually bad for your longevity?

We also fail to grasp that dollars spent upfront on preventive care and access to affordable/free care are cheaper than the health Care system absorbing or spreading around the costs of the uninsured using the emergency room as their sole means of care.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

weird Asian candy posted:

My first two cassette tapes were MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice

My first cassette tape was the Police - Synchronicity. Just so we illustrate how old I am.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

kiimo posted:

My first cassette tape was the Police - Synchronicity. Just so we illustrate how old I am.

:stare:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

kiimo posted:

No poo poo? I think my first cassette tape was a Police greatest hits collection of some kind.

First CD was Appetite for Destruction.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Healthcare costs keep rising because healthcare in the US a nightmare vortex of greed and incompetence and waste at every level.

Pharmaceuticals, medical devices, for profit hospitals, non-profit hospitals, health insurance, ambulances and related emergency services. Everything is incredibly hosed up.

Here, let me pick an example since I had to look this up while in a a random national hospital chain recently. Would you like to guess how many insurance plans this database has? It's 21,700. Each of which covers, and has its own billing codes for a gigantic array of procedures. Do you know how much time hospital staff has to spend trying to get insurances to pay out for care? how many cagey tricks doctors and nurses need to know to be able to do their jobs effectively?

Billing by itself is a titanic drain on man hours and resources in health care. It's astounding how terrible it is.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

Healthcare costs keep rising because healthcare in the US a nightmare vortex of greed and incompetence and waste at every level.

Pharmaceuticals, medical devices, for profit hospitals, non-profit hospitals, health insurance, ambulances and related emergency services. Everything is incredibly hosed up.

Here, let me pick an example since I had to look this up while in a a random national hospital chain recently. Would you like to guess how many insurance plans this database has? It's 21,700. Each of which covers, and has its own billing codes for a gigantic array of procedures. Do you know how much time hospital staff has to spend trying to get insurances to pay out for care? how many cagey tricks doctors and nurses need to know to be able to do their jobs effectively?

Billing by itself is a titanic drain on man hours and resources in health care. It's astounding how terrible it is.

So it's basically cancer, just on a larger scale.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think my first cassette was They Might Be Giants - Flood because of that Tiny Toon Adventures episode.

My first cd that I intentionally bought was probably Doggystyle, though I had for years ended up buying random stuff in hong kong that just turned out to be cd's. Like you'd buy a disk claiming it was 50 bootleg games and whoops, you just got yourself some jpop or a copy of Dream Theatrer - Images and Worlds.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Still waiting on that piss tape.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Kalli posted:

As someone who is still in the middle of payment confusion between provider and insurance for his child's birth 19 months ago, I know this firsthand. Just today they called and my loving amazing wife got on the phone and tracked down that it's basically an accounting disagreement between the two parties - the insurance may have charged back overpayment twice - and for some reason the provider called us to pay them for it?

And my first cd's I was given were the Mortal Kombat soundtracks. First CD bought was Jewel - Pieces of You. First tape I got as a gift was a DC Talk tape when they were still rappers.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 22, 2017

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I think the first cassette I was given (Or asked for?) was Silverchair's Frogstomp cause it was the mid-90s and I was in elementary school.

First CD/music whatever I bought on my own was either Van Halen's 1984 or Rush's Moving Pictures. Either way, they both got played to the point of massive skipping around and necessitating replacement copies.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
my first CD was mariah carey Daydream and I played it in my really lovely Koss "portable" CD player i paid $125 for at Pamida when i was 13

it would skip if you looked at it

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Update: my mom just heard about the piss tape today and laughed for the first time in about a week so thanks, Donald.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dubious posted:

my first CD was mariah carey Daydream and I played it in my really lovely Koss "portable" CD player i paid $125 for at Pamida when i was 13

it would skip if you looked at it

I had possibly the same cd player.

Anti-skip was a game changer.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blue by Weezer was the first album I bought with my own moneys

I bought Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness the next year

had no idea it was a foreshadowing of my life as a dolphins fan

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

wandler20 posted:

I had possibly the same cd player.

Anti-skip was a game changer.

I remember before anti-skip built in to the players came out, the trays you could set your cd players on during road trips that were supposed to prevent skips. They didn't work.

Man, when it went from 5 to 10 to 45 seconds then to skipless cd players it was such a game changer.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I upgraded from casette player to cd player because our house was broken into, and aside from all the valuable stuff that got stolen, the assholes grabbed my tiny, cheap boom box on the way out.

Neil Armbong posted:

I remember before anti-skip built in to the players came out, the trays you could set your cd players on during road trips that were supposed to prevent skips. They didn't work.

Man, when it went from 5 to 10 to 45 seconds then to skipless cd players it was such a game changer.

Yeah, I bought like a $140 sony CD player one year with like 10s anti-skip and then like a year later got a $30 one with 45s skip that was an impressive upgrade

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I bought like a $140 sony CD player one year with like 10s anti-skip and then like a year later got a $30 one with 45s skip that was an impressive upgrade

I swear there was a 3 year window in my life where I purchased close to 10 cd players because they kept getting better at anti skip.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
My first cassette was Sir Mix a Lot Chief Boot Knocka. I feel I started off strong

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Jock Jams 2 and Eiffel 65's Europop

IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR COTTON EYE JOE I'M BLUE DAHBADEEDABBADA

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

First like five were Weird Al

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

fsif posted:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

fsif posted:

gently caress I just realized. I was thinking of the first heavy metal tapes I bought in high school but I totally bought a couple weird al tapes brand new when I was in grade school. Dare to be stupid and Polka Party. I'm pretty sure I had a tape with a copy of don henley on one side and dark side of the moon on the other, too.

Also I had a handful of vinyl before high school. I had a record player for a few years in my early teens. Def Leppard's Pyromania was one. I think I had Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense, too.

e. I had little colorful records when I was like 6. Sesame street, an extremely extremely abridged version of star wars, muppets, some fairy tales.

Those things with a companion storybook where it would play chimes when you were supposed to turn the page.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I never bought a weird al album.

My dad bought them all. I got those for free suckers!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You have to buy the albums that's where you find the hidden gems.

Like Nature Trail to Hell and That's Your Horoscope for Today.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I listened to "yoda" about a thousand times before I ever heard the song it's a parody of, "lola"

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Leperflesh posted:

I listened to "yoda" about a thousand times before I ever heard the song it's a parody of, "lola"

:same: I thought it was one of his original works. My dad had that one on vinyl.

For the longest time as a teenager, I only had four CDs. They were the Batman Forever soundtrack, Superunknown, whichever Weird Al disc had Amish Paradise on it, and Gravity Kills' debut album.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I used to think "I Lost On Jeopardy" was an original song

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

T H I C C

Lol bulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I feel like the NBA draft is the prime time for people spreading fake tweets now that just about everyone knows to read the loving handle.

SI straight up got got by that Paul George trade

• Locked thread